Oslo Storm Press Conference

On 4/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, ctots said:

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

4/18/22

1. Oslo finished last in the E last season, but we’re on the rebound. How many positions will we gain in the standings this season?

-I believe we can push for a .500 season or even better. We just have to be much more disciplined on defense if we are going to make a difference.

2. Are you planning to focus your stats anywhere specific this season?

-Since defense is our weak point, I would love to see much more takeaways, hits, blocked shots, and a higher PK% all together. If our defense performs, our offense can.

3. Who do you think might make a good rival for Oslo this season?

-The Vikings for sure. Each game so far against them have been battles.

4. The LR found out I like disc golf, what’s a hobby you have outside of hockey?

-I absolutely love volleyball, played for my college team!

5. What’s the largest amount of money you’ve ever found? How’d you find it?

-Lol, like $20. I believe I was at a movie theater and it was on the ground while I was walking out.

6. There is a big pile of candy at my house, and there might be one at yours, too. What types of candy do you like best? A particular brand? Chocolate, caramel, fruit, sour, or something totally different?

-Reese's Peanut Butter cups and only Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Next question.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, ctots said:

4/25/22 - Oslo Press Conference

1. Our bots are on fire right now, should we name them? What would be a fun name scheme for them?

2. Do you nap? Do you think your player would take a pregame nap?

3. We have to travel around Europe a lot for games - what’s your favorite way to travel long distances?

4. What’s your favorite way to travel short distances?

5. Which super power would you want to give to your player?

6 What is your favorite afternoon snack?

1. The military alphabet would be pretty funny but it jumps around the alphabet 

2. pregame naps are a definite need although irl I don’t really nap

3. by plane because every seat is first class

4. by bus as we still can have the team bonding time

5.  Lightning speed so I could score 50 goals a game 

6. depending on the day it’s either chocolate if I want something for my sweet tooth  or something with strawberry to stay healthy 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, ctots said:

4/25/22 - Oslo Press Conference

1. Our bots are on fire right now, should we name them? What would be a fun name scheme for them?

3. We have to travel around Europe a lot for games - what’s your favorite way to travel long distances?

1. We should name them after goons! We got Sean Avery, Dave Semenko, Marty McSorley, and Tom Wilson. The other teams will be shaking in their boots

2. I try to nap, although it's hard to close my eyes when it's bright outside. My player would 100% take pre-game naps.

3. Train, it's not as expensive as a flight yet way faster and more efficient than a car

4. Moped. Or it would be if I had a moped (it would be neon orange with blue racing stripes)

5. Rob Gronkowski. That's the super power. My player is Rob Gronkowski

6. Gotta be lemon yogurt. That shit is good

Why not, give them some spunk & personality! 

Never pre-game, but naps are wonderful. On off-days, after training or a long hard day, a nap is king. 

By plane of course haha, how else ;)

Probably by team bus, get's us engaged with one another pre-game. 

Super speed to just snag all the pucks and never worry about missing one. 

Probably some boiled eggs mashed up with different spices & herbs. 

5/3/22 - Oslo Press Conference

1. Have you guys done your Prospect Scouting Report? I need to do mine before the season is over, I almost forgot about it entirely.

2. We all love ice hockey, but have you ever played street hockey? What about field hockey?

3. Do you like surprises? Both being surprised or surprising others count here, I think.

4. Are you a personality test person? 'Which Harry Potter House' style or the clinical kind? (I'm an enneagram 9, if anyone knows what that means)

5. Did your favorite NHL team make the playoffs? Tell me how you feel about it.

6. What is your favorite meal to cook? 

1. Have you guys done your Prospect Scouting Report? I need to do mine before the season is over, I almost forgot about it entirely.

When I answer with, “What is prospect scouting report?” That is the answer.  When do we do it?  During E season?  I’ve done so many articles I dont know what i have and havent done.

2. We all love ice hockey, but have you ever played street hockey? What about field hockey?

Yes, yes.  Street hockey as a kid and field hockey in PE.  

3. Do you like surprises? Both being surprised or surprising others count here, I think.

Not a fan of being surprised, especially a party or celebration, but I like it when others are surprised!

4. Are you a personality test person? 'Which Harry Potter House' style or the clinical kind? (I'm an enneagram 9, if anyone knows what that means)

You’re not gonna like this but I’ve never read harry potter or seen an entire harry potter movie.  

Yes, but getting spanked by Carolina in game 1 doesnt make me too confident.

Depends on the meal.  I will pick breakfast.  Sausage, eggs, homefries, pancakes, bacon, english muffins.  Any and all combinations of the above items.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, ctots said:

1. Hahaha nope completely forgot about it 

2. played street hockey all the time, and got a floor hockey league going at the college I went to

3. yes I like surprises but I like more surprising others 

4. the Which Harry Potter house kind, clinical ones feel to much like work

5. yes they did, down 2-1 to Carolina but had a nice bounce back game last night 

6. anything that’s Italian but specifically chicken parmigiana 

On 5/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, ctots said:

1. I have, 'twas a joy to write. 

2. Street hockey, my friend, is not a hobby but a way of life. Every summer in the parking lot baby

3. I'm not very good at surprising others, and I find if someone is hyping up a surprise for me it is often underwhelming. It sounds depressing but I guess I don't like surprises?

4. Well I looked up what it meant and I am now taking the test instead of going to bed. Also the only time I am a personality test person is during class

5. Not quite.......I'm a Habs fan......Pain for Shane/Nemec/Jiricek/Slafkovsky/Cooley/Savoie

6. Classic cheese omelette 

I have done it absolutely :D thank you for asking! 

As a kid that is all I played growing up, as a goalie also. 

I love them, but my wife does not haha. 

I don't mind them, but also don't take them super seriously. Maybe for fun only. 

Haven't in... god knows how long. I'm a Ducks fan, let me cry in peace. 

Probably anything to do with steak, it's an excellent source of protein and can be tossed into so many dishes. 

Family Guy Storm GIF

5/9/2022

1. What is the coolest thing your player has done so far in their career? Could be a good game, season, media spot, or graphic. The choice is yours!
  2. How long have you known your best friend? How did you meet them?
  3. Because the Storm fans are so fanatical, Oslo is expanding into eSports! Which game would you like to see Oslo compete in?
  4. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
  5. What is something that you’re not addicted to but still wouldn’t want to live without?
  6. Say you have to listen to a song at least once per day for the rest of your life. Which song? Why?
  7. This Saturday is both National Archery Day and National Miniature Golf Day. If you had to do one or the other, which would you choose?
  8. Who is your favorite cartoon character? For extra fun, just describe them without giving their name and we can try to guess who it is.
  9. Which language that you don’t know already would you like to learn? Why?

5/9/2022

What is the coolest thing your player has done so far in their career? Could be a good game, season, media spot, or graphic. The choice is yours!

9 blocked shots the other day in a game we won.  That was cool!  

How long have you known your best friend? How did you meet them?

30+ years.  Went on a date, took her out to dinner and then to the beach.  Didnt expect to make it last but now I’m stuck with her.

Because the Storm fans are so fanatical, Oslo is expanding into eSports! Which game would you like to see Oslo compete in?

What is your favorite outfit to wear?

Synchronized disc golf.  Shorts and t shirt

What is something that you’re not addicted to but still wouldn’t want to live without?

Ha ha.  VHL

Say you have to listen to a song at least once per day for the rest of your life. Which song? Why?

Achy Breaky Heart.  It’s my favorite aunt’s favorite song and she’s a nut.

This Saturday is both National Archery Day and National Miniature Golf Day. If you had to do one or the other, which would you choose?

If there was food at the other end of the arrow, archery day; otherwise I’d play miniature golf.

Who is your favorite cartoon character? For extra fun, just describe them without giving their name and we can try to guess who it is.

“He’s rough, he’s tough.  The bad guys say enough, he’s …… ….”  2 words both begin with “A”.   Good luck.  Its not on TV but I have it on Apple TV.

Which language that you don’t know already would you like to learn? Why?

Been learning Spanish for years.  Still working on it.  Getting there but too many words I dont know.  Gotta be able to speak with wife’s family.

13 minutes ago, Thunder said:

“He’s rough, he’s tough.  The bad guys say enough, he’s …… ….”  2 words both begin with “A”.   Good luck.  Its not on TV but I have it on Apple TV.

Up and at ‘em! What a good choice! I don’t think most of the kids around here will recognize that one!

On 5/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, ctots said:

Family Guy Storm GIF

5/9/2022

1. What is the coolest thing your player has done so far in their career? Could be a good game, season, media spot, or graphic. The choice is yours!
  2. How long have you known your best friend? How did you meet them?
  3. Because the Storm fans are so fanatical, Oslo is expanding into eSports! Which game would you like to see Oslo compete in?
  4. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
  5. What is something that you’re not addicted to but still wouldn’t want to live without?
  6. Say you have to listen to a song at least once per day for the rest of your life. Which song? Why?
  7. This Saturday is both National Archery Day and National Miniature Golf Day. If you had to do one or the other, which would you choose?
  8. Who is your favorite cartoon character? For extra fun, just describe them without giving their name and we can try to guess who it is.
  9. Which language that you don’t know already would you like to learn? Why?

1. Probably that he’s top 10 in goals because I thought he’d score like 5 goals all season with the new attributes

2. 9-10 years a mutual friend introduced us but I originally blew her off because it was right before our state championship game in high school 

3. NHL or Madden would be my top 2 or maybe COD if it’s still popular 

6. Remember the Name by Fort Minor because it was our win song for college baseball 

7. Definitely Mini Golf as it’s more fun to me 

9. German because I have family in Germany that I hope to visit one day so I want to learn the language so I’m not a total noob if I ever go there

What is the coolest thing your player has done so far in their career? Could be a good game, season, media spot, or graphic. The choice is yours!
Probably has to be winning the cup with Saskatoon thus far, an amazing accomplishment with a great group of guys & gals. 

How long have you known your best friend? How did you meet them?
Met them 5 years ago, been best friends ever since. 

Because the Storm fans are so fanatical, Oslo is expanding into eSports! Which game would you like to see Oslo compete in?
Let's go with uh... Apex Legends cause that game is super fun. 

Joggers, some kind of t-shirt, and always a hat. 

What is something that you’re not addicted to but still wouldn’t want to live without?
Tea

Say you have to listen to a song at least once per day for the rest of your life. Which song? Why?
Honestly tough to pick just one but really anything Juice WRLD would be it for me. 

1 minute ago, InstantRockstar said:

Probably has to be winning the cup with Saskatoon thus far, an amazing accomplishment with a great group of guys & gals. 

Winning the cup is what we're all here for, I'm so glad you got to see success in the M! Hopefully much more of that energy for the rest of your career, too!

Joggers, some kind of t-shirt, and always a hat. 

I should be more of a hat person. Like a baseball cap, I assume, or are you rocking a fancy fedora?

Tea

Hell yes! Tea fans unite!

2 minutes ago, ctots said:

Winning the cup is what we're all here for, I'm so glad you got to see success in the M! Hopefully much more of that energy for the rest of your career, too!

I should be more of a hat person. Like a baseball cap, I assume, or are you rocking a fancy fedora?

Hell yes! Tea fans unite!

Usually snapbacks for hats, always haha. Just enjoy wearing 'em. 

And yes TEA is my addiction haha. Used to be way worse, so I'll stick to tea :D 

5/16/22

Press Conference Questions

norway GIF

1. Have you changed the color of your VHL UI? What color is it? I did neon green for a while but it kinda made my eyes bleed, so now it’s kind of middle grey.
  2. What kind of bird have you seen most recently?
  3. Are you staying hydrated? Bonus quest: drink some water or whatever.
  4. Grilling season is here! What’s the best food to cook outdoors?
  5. We’re in round 2 of the NHL playoffs now - who do you think will advance?
  6. Your player gets tangled up in some Underworld type stuff, and they have to choose: werewolf or vampire? Which would they pick?
  7. Due to strange patent laws, hockey is made illegal. Does your player change sports? If so, what do they play? If not, what are they doing with their time?
  8. Skates are the best type of footwear, but what type of shoe do you like when you’re off the ice?
  9. Would you rather go to an art museum or a history museum?

1. Have you changed the color of your VHL UI? What color is it? I did neon green for a while but it kinda made my eyes bleed, so now it’s kind of middle grey?        I dont know how to change the color.  I would because its hard to see.
  2. What kind of bird have you seen most recently?   Hummingbirds are abundant around the house because my wife has feeders at the windows.
  3. Are you staying hydrated? Bonus quest: drink some water or whatever.  Water is my drinking source.  Rarely do I drink anything but water.  Well 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  But, about 150-200 oz water a day.
  4. Grilling season is here! What’s the best food to cook outdoors?  Burgers and dogs.  But I’ve recently grilled pork and right off the grill it tastes pretty good.  Grilled salmon is good too.
  5. We’re in round 2 of the NHL playoffs now - who do you think will advance?  Well, not the Bruins, so I dont really care too much except if they get me TPE.  How about St Louis!
  6. Your player gets tangled up in some Underworld type stuff, and they have to choose: werewolf or vampire? Which would they pick?   Werewolf.  I dont think I could suck on blood.
  7. Due to strange patent laws, hockey is made illegal. Does your player change sports? If so, what do they play? If not, what are they doing with their time?  Hell no.  I’d sharpen the skates and be ready for the hockey police to try to take me off the ice.
  8. Skates are the best type of footwear, but what type of shoe do you like when you’re off the ice?  Flip flops, because that would mean I’m at the beach.
  9. Would you rather go to an art museum or a history museum?   Definitely history museum because I have absolutely no artistic talent.  I would probably trash talk the artwork because I lack knowledge and etiquette.

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

1. Have you changed the color of your VHL UI? What color is it? I did neon green for a while but it kinda made my eyes bleed, so now it’s kind of middle grey?        I dont know how to change the color.  I would because its hard to see.

At the top of the window, you can click the crescent moon to switch from light mode to dark mode, if you haven't already done that. And then the paintbrush just to the right of that will let you change the color of the UI! Pretty neat stuff.

1. What kind of bird have you seen most recently?   Hummingbirds are abundant around the house because my wife has feeders at the windows.

We're moving to a new house and one of the things we've been looking at lately is bird feeders because there are a lot more windows. Super excited about it. There's a honeysuckle in our (current) back yard which attracts hummingbirds, but they're much more difficult to spot among the foliage.

1. Are you staying hydrated? Bonus quest: drink some water or whatever.  Water is my drinking source.  Rarely do I drink anything but water.  Well 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  But, about 150-200 oz water a day.

Those are great hydration numbers! Poor coffee numbers though, you'll have to work on bumping those up! haha

1. Grilling season is here! What’s the best food to cook outdoors?  Burgers and dogs.  But I’ve recently grilled pork and right off the grill it tastes pretty good.  Grilled salmon is good too.

Salmon on the grill seems like something that would be difficult to get right but taste amazing. Maybe it's not as difficult as I imagine.

1. We’re in round 2 of the NHL playoffs now - who do you think will advance?  Well, not the Bruins, so I dont really care too much except if they get me TPE.  How about St Louis!

Blues fans are a lot of fun, it's hard to root against them. Unless we're playing them.

1. Your player gets tangled up in some Underworld type stuff, and they have to choose: werewolf or vampire? Which would they pick?   Werewolf.  I dont think I could suck on blood.

You know, this is really the first time I've considered how truly disgusting that is.

1. Due to strange patent laws, hockey is made illegal. Does your player change sports? If so, what do they play? If not, what are they doing with their time?  Hell no.  I’d sharpen the skates and be ready for the hockey police to try to take me off the ice.

That's the spirit! Give me hockey or give me death! (metaphorically, please)

1. Skates are the best type of footwear, but what type of shoe do you like when you’re off the ice?  Flip flops, because that would mean I’m at the beach.

Beach bum, eh? That's a good balance to the cold of the rink.

1. Would you rather go to an art museum or a history museum?   Definitely history museum because I have absolutely no artistic talent.  I would probably trash talk the artwork because I lack knowledge and etiquette.

History museums are more interesting to me too I think, but the art museum does have a lot of opportunities to point out butts in paintings, which is just the height of comedy for me.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, ctots said:

5/16/22

norway GIF

1. Have you changed the color of your VHL UI? What color is it? I did neon green for a while but it kinda made my eyes bleed, so now it’s kind of middle grey.
  6. Your player gets tangled up in some Underworld type stuff, and they have to choose: werewolf or vampire? Which would they pick?
  7. Due to strange patent laws, hockey is made illegal. Does your player change sports? If so, what do they play? If not, what are they doing with their time?
  8. Skates are the best type of footwear, but what type of shoe do you like when you’re off the ice?

1. I had it as blue and silver for a while but now back to normal 

3. yes need to as it’s supposed to be very hot all weekend here 

4. anything taste better off the grill but if I had to pick I’d say chicken 

5. I have Carolina, Edmonton, Tampa, Colorado advancing 

7. I think he might play lacrosse as it’s actually pretty similar to hockey In some ways 

9. definitely a history museum for me, just more that keeps me interested 

On 5/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, ctots said:

5/16/22

norway GIF

1. I'm in the same boat as you, I opted for dark blue for a while but now I just do the default because I'm vanilla

2. I saw a sparrow when I was walking my dog this aft (a few of em actually)

3. Yeeeeeeee! Love that sweet life juice

4. Burgers, in my case veggie burgers. Best smell ever

5. Tampa and Carolina have their series(seriesi)? on lock, and I think the West is a toss up

6. Werewolf because Burns is already so hairy it wouldn't make much of a difference!

7. Nah bro, we flyin the underground top secret illegal hockey league (UTSIHL)

KVbaby Kid's Ultra-Soft Slipper Cute Garden Shoes Frog Clogs Summer Beach  Walking Slippers : Amazon.ca: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

9. History museum. I love history. 

Have you changed the color of your VHL UI? What color is it? I did neon green for a while but it kinda made my eyes bleed, so now it’s kind of middle grey.

My go-to has always been the dark theme for everything, just something I've preferred since it's been an option so I don't go crazy with my UI or the forum, etc. 

What kind of bird have you seen most recently?
Being that the weather is getting warmer here in my part of Canada, I've been seeing a lot of Robin's lately. 

Are you staying hydrated? Bonus quest: drink some water or whatever.
Very hydrated! Just drank some water & now onto a night time tea! 

Grilling season is here! What’s the best food to cook outdoors?
My whole family loves a nice surf & turf so that's usually our go-to for any BBQ session. Some kind of protein with some form of seafood, its unmatched. 

We’re in round 2 of the NHL playoffs now - who do you think will advance?
I think Edmonton finally passes and gets by the Flames, that's my wildcard predicition though the Flames have kept it close so far. 

Your player gets tangled up in some Underworld type stuff, and they have to choose: werewolf or vampire? Which would they pick?

Going with vampires, as growing up like all my life, I absolutely loved the idea of them, watched a ton of movies with vampires in them, so by default it has to be the pick. 

5/23/22 

1. Name a teammate who has impressed you this season - what makes you feel that way?

2. What's your favorite pizza topping(s)?

3. What is a popular thing that you absolutely can’t stand? (A song, a game, a show, a food, etc)

4. Which NHL player would you like to model your player’s career after? 

5. What's more impressive in a 72 game season, 50 Goals or 70 assists? 

6. Cookout season is here! What toppings do you put on a burger?

7. What song would you like to play when you score a goal?

5/23/22 

1. Name a teammate who has impressed you this season - what makes you feel that way?

Augustus Kennedy has impressed me since day 1.  Goalies hardly ever get honors and they deserve it more often than its given.  Kennedy would have better numbers on a different team and I think I let him down this season because of my defense.  Kennedy stops so many shots and has a great save %.  If I were to find someone else to mention, it is Pete Mitchell. Mitchell has rocked the vhlm and now the vhle.  Whatever his stms is, he’s doing things right.

See now that’s a tricky question because if I had my choice it would be pepperoni and a lot of vegetables, but my wife doesnt like vegetables so our pizzas are pepperoni.  Unless she wants something else on it, and then we do pineapple because she wants olives and I cant do olives, so we compromise on pineapple.  But, regardless, its all about her!!

3. What is a popular thing that you absolutely can’t stand? (A song, a game, a show, a food, etc)

The song “Feelings”. I dont know who sings it but it was played so many times in the jukebox one time when I was at a bar.  Made me sick!

Radko Gudas.  Only because we watched him develop in the CHL when he played for the Silvertips.  The Gudas hipcheck was my favorite!

I’m going to say 50 goals because you have 2 opportunities on passes to get credit for an assist.  If you said 50 goals or 101 assists, then I’d go with assists!

Cheese, ketchup, onion, tomato, pickle, relish.  All of these except ketchup are dependent on how I feel.  Ketchup is a must.

Shark a doodle doo

Petey would be my go-to tbh, just lights out. 

Mushroom, green olives

The Simpsons

Probably Vasilevsky, guys an absolute monster

50 Goals 100%, hard to achieve 

Simple, ketchup, mayo, mustard, relish & hot peppers

I cannot score, but it would be thunderstruck. 

Edited by InstantRockstar