Oslo Storm Press Conference

:osl: Oslo Storm Press Conference :osl:

Week Ending Sunday, March 6th, 2022

1. What do you think we need to do to win more games?

2. Do you prefer writing, graphics, podcasts, or another form of task in the league?

3. Any ideas for an secondary Storm logo?

4. Who has been the MVP for Oslo this season, in your mind?

5. What do you like to do this time of year?

6. Favorite pizza?

#GOSTORMGO!

On 3/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, JB123 said:

:osl: Oslo Storm Press Conference :osl:

Week Ending Sunday, March 6th, 2022

2. Do you prefer writing, graphics, podcasts, or another form of task in the league?

6. Favorite pizza?

#GOSTORMGO!

1. Score more goals than we allow.

2. Generally I prefer graphics. I find it's easier to pick them up when I have a minute.

3. Maybe something relating to Mjolnir?

4. Jocke Jockesson. Second in scoring and much better +/- than the two best to him.

5. Same as the rest of the year - video games and role-playing games.

6. Margherita with extra cheese.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, JB123 said:

6. Favorite pizza?

1.) We need to score more goals than we allow, no matter if that's a 1-0 win or a 7-6 win. Don't think that's happening this season though.

2.) I have always preferred writing. A long time ago I did some podcasts, and would be a guest for the right one today, but I don't have the motivation to actually put one together anymore.

3.) Think it would have to be somewhat weather related...maybe someone looking like our current logo holding a lightning bolt of some sort (Zeus?)

4.) The fans - they keep showing up game after game even with the season that we're having. Have to give them all the props in the world.

5.) Sit inside and wait for it to get warmer - Although I don't mind the cold or snow, I don't really have many winter activities.

6.) Hm....a good cheese or pepperoni pizza is probably my favorite "regular" pizza, but for specialty pizzas, I like a good white pizza with extra garlic, tomatoes, and broccoli. Overall, I think veggies on pizza is underrated.

Edited by Fire Fletcher

:osl: Oslo Storm Press Conference :osl:

1. What area of your game did you improve most this season?

2. What would you say is the biggest need moving forward for the team?

3. What do you hope to accomplish next season?

4. What is your preferred jersey number?

5. Have you seen the few recent blockbuster NFL trades? Thoughts?

6. Does🍍 belong on 🍕?

13 minutes ago, JB123 said:

6. Does🍍 belong on 🍕?

1. My short game. Really focused on my putting.

2. All of them?

3. Make the playoffs.

4. 87 is an old favorite, though 42 gets some play.

5. Who the hell trades for Wentz?

6. NO.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, JB123 said:

6. Does🍍 belong on 🍕?

1.) I thought I got much better tracking the puck through screens. It wasn't really something that lower level teams do, so I had to adjust to it this year.

2.) Just talent - top end talent, middling talent, and depth talent.

3.) Next season I'm not sure if I'm starting or backing up, so I'd just like to have a save percentage over .915.

4.) Number 1 - where I want to be when my career is done.

5.) I was gonna say something about that but now apparently Brady is back? This off-season has been CRAZY.

6.) No, pineapple does not belong on pizza at all. Veggies on pizza are good, pineapple is bad.

1. What do you think about how the season ended?

2. What are you most looking forward to in the offseason? 

3. How do you feel about the new attributes?

4. Predictions for next season (can be any league)?

5. Who do you have winning March Madness?

6. Any moves you would like to see your favorite NHL team make? Thoughts on the recent deals?

4 hours ago, JB123 said:

6. Any moves you would like to see your favorite NHL team make? Thoughts on the recent deals?

1. Pretty well in line with how the rest of it was.

2. I have a massive media I'll be posting soon to get many TEPs.

3. Jury's still out. It's going to take some time to get used to the lower totals in STHS.

4. I really think Ursa Minor Beta takes The Ashes.

5. I don't follow basketball, so let's say... University of Winnipeg.

6. The Penguins could use some middle 6 scoring, but I'm not sure I'd want them to give up what it would take to get.

1.  I was pretty disappointed in playoffs.  I thought Bratislava had a good shot to challenge but fell short.

2. Gaining as much TPE as I can to make to the VHL.  Trying to hit 400 but not sure its possible.

3. I am excited for the new attribute system. I am still so new that I am not married to the current way its being done.

4. Well, since I am on Warsaw I predict we will be champions.  lol

5. Gonzaga---my hometown

6. Well Seattle is absolute trash so I am rooting for Edmonton.  I'd like to see them get a good goalie to compete in playoffs. I thought the deal Tampa made for Hagel was interesting.  He's good but I think Tampa gave up a bit too much for him.  

On 3/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, JB123 said:

1.) Well, the season certainly ended. I enjoyed my time as a member of the Storm but I'm looking forward to playing with the Predators next season.

2.) Not really looking forward to the off-season to be honest. No new attributes for goalies, so I'm just hoping that the off-season goes as quick as possible...and it's going to be a long one regardless.

3.) I'm looking forward to the changes made by the new attributes. It's a very creative way to get around the "meta" while not changing anything with the bones of the sim engine.

4.) I'll have to take a closer look at the teams, but I'm thinking Warsaw makes the playoffs - I know we were very close this season.

5.) I think I'm the biggest winner of March Madness - I didn't make a bracket this year so I just get to watch each game for fun. I know nothing about college basketball so I don't have an educated answer.

6.) Ugh....my username should tell you all you need to know about how I think the moves the Flyers have made over the past 3 years.

1. Which hockey position do you think works the hardest throughout a game?
  2. What would your player’s nickname be in the locker room?
  3. It’s spring time, what is your favorite type of flower?
  4. What is your favorite snack to eat while watching hockey?
  5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how good are you at ice skating?
  6. Hockey players often have missing or broken teeth - have you ever gotten one knocked out?
  7. If a special job opened on the site just for you, what would it be?
  8. What is your favorite fruit?
  9. If your player had to do an intermission interview, how sweaty and out of breath would they be? Are you working hard every shift, or are you a natural, effortless athlete?

1. If you could choose one stat for your player to lead the league in, what would it be?

2. Which point task is your favorite or go-to choice?

3. Hypothetical: A team is getting a logo refresh by changing -only- their color scheme. Which team would you choose, and what would be the new colors?

4. What type of jelly goes best with peanut butter on a sandwich?

5. How spicy do you like your wings?

6. It’s National Library Week! What’s the last physical book you read?

7. Hypothetical: Someone is writing a book about your VHL player. What’s the title?

8. It’s also National Wildlife Week! What is the most interesting animal you’ve seen recently?

9.Which animal would make the best hockey mascot?

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. The draft is over and our roster has arrived in Oslo. What’s the first comfort from home that you must find when you get into town?

2. What skills does your player show off to teammates during your first practice together?

3. Was your player practicing and training hard during the off-season, or did they go into full vacation mode?

4. The new trainers need to know what kind of smoothies and protein drinks to brew up for you - what flavors are you into? Sweet or savory? Fruit or vegetables? All of the above?

5. The Storm is considering a new in-stadium mascot: what would their name be, and what would they look like?

6. Do you have any connections to your new teammates? Anyone you’re excited to get to share the ice with? Or: What do you think your teammates will appreciate about your style of play?

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. The draft is over and our roster has arrived in Oslo. What’s the first comfort from home that you must find when you get into town?

I have to find a taco truck close to the hockey rink so I can get 12 tacos asada.  Preferably a truck that also serves onion and jalapeño with the tacos and has a good salsa Calliente.  

2. What skills does your player show off to teammates during your first practice together?

Puck juggling.  In Vegas I earned extra beer money on the strip betting people how many pucks I can juggle at once.

3. Was your player practicing and training hard during the off-season, or did they go into full vacation mode?

Training non stop.  There is no reason to not stay in shape.  

4. The new trainers need to know what kind of smoothies and protein drinks to brew up for you - what flavors are you into? Sweet or savory? Fruit or vegetables? All of the above?

I prefer a chocolate goat whey protein shake.   As far as smoothies, go ahead with raspberry smoothies or cactus smoothie.  I will eat most vegetables and fruit, except Hummus and papaya

5. The Storm is considering a new in-stadium mascot: what would their name be, and what would they look like?

“Lightning” has the face of the Oslo logo and the body shape of an inverted pyramid.  He carries a staff that is electric and emits lightning.  And when Thunder hits an opponent, lightning lights up the stadium.

6. Do you have any connections to your new teammates? Anyone you’re excited to get to share the ice with? Or: What do you think your teammates will appreciate about your style of play?

I played with Pete Mitchell at Vegas, but I am excited to get on the ice with any teammate.  If I can get my build back up then I’m hoping to contribute by hitting, blocking shots, and passing.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:37 PM, ctots said:

1. If you could choose one stat for your player to lead the league in, what would it be?

2. Which point task is your favorite or go-to choice?

3. Hypothetical: A team is getting a logo refresh by changing -only- their color scheme. Which team would you choose, and what would be the new colors?

4. What type of jelly goes best with peanut butter on a sandwich?

5. How spicy do you like your wings?

6. It’s National Library Week! What’s the last physical book you read?

7. Hypothetical: Someone is writing a book about your VHL player. What’s the title?

8. It’s also National Wildlife Week! What is the most interesting animal you’ve seen recently?

9.Which animal would make the best hockey mascot?

1. Goals. The most honourable category IMO. The hardest thing to do in hockey

2. Media spots are the easiest IMO, but graphics are fulfilling and rewarding

3. New York Americans go purple and gold because chaos

4. Raspberry is my personal favourite, but strawberry is never bad

5. I'm vegetarian and I hate spice, so none?

6. Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam. It's an investing book

7. Just 'Cobalt'. Kind of badass

8. I saw a fox the other day, they're cool creatures

9. Whatever Youppi! is, because he's rockin it

On 4/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, ctots said:

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. The draft is over and our roster has arrived in Oslo. What’s the first comfort from home that you must find when you get into town?

2. What skills does your player show off to teammates during your first practice together?

6. Do you have any connections to your new teammates? Anyone you’re excited to get to share the ice with? Or: What do you think your teammates will appreciate about your style of play?

1. I've got to find the perfect bakery for a nice breakfast. Nothing beats a nice warm bagel.

2. Playing with my stick upside-down! The knob can make for a deadly slapshot sometimes...

3. Training harder than ever was my #1 priority this offseason. I made so much progress, and I'm hoping to make it to the VHL in a season or two.

4. Always went for a classic mango smoothie, and a plain vanilla protein shake. Nothing beats it!

5. Tough one, I personally think you should go with a figure named "Thunder", which would have a face similar to the logo, but a cloud shaped body.

6. I think my teammates will appreciate my consistency, last season I held a PPG or higher for the entire year!

On 4/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, ctots said:

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. A taco place right by the arena we had one right next door in Vegas so I hope there’s one here

2. how accurate my shot is from anywhere in the arena

3. definitely training hard and watching film to adjust to a new league 

4. definitely a strawberry and banana smoothie 

5. captain and he has the head of the logo, and a hat that’s a lighthouse that light goes on when we score 

6. I played with Thunder and Burns in Vegas but I’m excited to meet the others 

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

Week Ending 4/17/22

1. The draft is over and our roster has arrived in Oslo. What’s the first comfort from home that you must find when you get into town?
Need some kind of a bakery, easily. French cuisine revolves around bread, so I need it all. 

Probably the ability to rob them with my glove speed. 

Anything goaltending was practiced very much during off-season but family time was also taken. 

Fruit always, smoothies with any mixture of fruit is a win. 

A very large thunderbolt would be pretty fun to see. 

Not really talked to anyone quite yet, still gaining my barring. 

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

4/18/22

1. Oslo finished last in the E last season, but we’re on the rebound. How many positions will we gain in the standings this season?

2. Are you planning to focus your stats anywhere specific this season?

3. Who do you think might make a good rival for Oslo this season?

4. The LR found out I like disc golf, what’s a hobby you have outside of hockey?

5. What’s the largest amount of money you’ve ever found? How’d you find it?

6. There is a big pile of candy at my house, and there might be one at yours, too. What types of candy do you like best? A particular brand? Chocolate, caramel, fruit, sour, or something totally different?

Edited by ctots

23 minutes ago, ctots said:

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

4/18/22

1. Oslo finished last in the E last season, but we’re on the rebound. How many positions will we gain in the standings this season?

4. The LR found out I like disc golf, what’s a hobby you have outside of hockey?

6. There is a big pile of candy at my house, and there might be one at yours, too. What types of candy do you like best? A particular brand? Chocolate, caramel, fruit, sour, or something totally different?

1. Based on our frank lack of players, I think we might not exactly be cup contenders. Nevertheless, I think our goal should be to not finish last

2. I'm going to try the strategy of spreading my TPE all around, instead of trying to find a meta, because it's more fun and rewarding. Fuck meta and everyone who tries to make a new one is a bum

3. Vasteras might be our best bet, they're not too strong and next door geographically

4. Hockey and hockey training take up about 75% of my free time irl, so I guess stuff like flag football, tennis, and running

5. The largest amount of money I've ever stumbled upon is probably a quarter in a parking lot the other day. I was pretty proud

6. Lindt makes the best chocolate, but it's not cheap. 

1. Oslo finished last in the E last season, but we’re on the rebound. How many positions will we gain in the standings this season?

There is no way to go but up.  And since we are going up, why dont we jump up 7 places and finish on top.

2. Are you planning to focus your stats anywhere specific this season?

Right now I am trying to figure out how to maximize the abilities and will see how I can contribute to the team.  I still have a free re-roll so will use it if I have to.  Looking to be best defender I can be.

3. Who do you think might make a good rival for Oslo this season?

Whoever is ahead of us until we are in the lead, then whoever is right behind us.  There is no need to be nice to anyone in the league.  They are all enemies!

After discovering disc golf, it’s likely that it will be a hobby of mine soon!  Other than that, I like to work out.  I’m gonna say of the workouts, hot yoga is kind of a hobby.  It’s tough though having to fight off the cougars trying to trap me in the corner to get a taste of my sweat.

About $400,000.  I’m not at liberty to say as the statute of limitations is not up yet.

6. There is a big pile of candy at my house, and there might be one at yours, too. What types of candy do you like best? A particular brand? Chocolate, caramel, fruit, sour, or something totally different?

Depending on the sweet tooth and time of year…. Caramel is good, as well as sweet chewies.  Can always fall back to Milky Way.  But in reality I go in spurts where I can go months without a piece of candy.  I’m weak if I start eating candy though so keep it out of our house.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, ctots said:

Oslo Storm

Press Conference

4/18/22

1. We will not finish last that I can guarantee 

2. not planing to but if it happens it happens 

3. I would say Vasteras because it’s basically next door 

4. I enjoy American football I actually played it along with hockey while in high school 

5. it was $1,000 because Adam Sandler spoke at my High School graduation and he dropped it, I tried to give it back to him but he said to keep it 

6. Reese’s for sure is number 1 but anything that’s chocolate 

Can't go down, right? I could see us being a bubble team if we add pieces, but if we stay with the roster we have, probably around the bottom unless we somehow get carried by our offense. 

Just the 4 stats I've been focusing on pretty much from the get-go. 

Let's go with Rome because... it's my old stomping grounds. 

Collecting sports cards. 

I wish I was that lucky, but I can genuinely say I've never 'come' into money or 'found' money. Always had to work for mine haha. 

6. There is a big pile of candy at my house, and there might be one at yours, too. What types of candy do you like best? A particular brand? Chocolate, caramel, fruit, sour, or something totally different?
Favorite brand of chocolate is a French brand called Pierre Marcolini, splendid. 

Edited by InstantRockstar

4/25/22 - Oslo Press Conference

1. Our bots are on fire right now, should we name them? What would be a fun name scheme for them?

2. Do you nap? Do you think your player would take a pregame nap?

3. We have to travel around Europe a lot for games - what’s your favorite way to travel long distances?

4. What’s your favorite way to travel short distances?

5. Which super power would you want to give to your player?

6 What is your favorite afternoon snack?

4/25/22 - Oslo Press Conference

1. Our bots are on fire right now, should we name them? What would be a fun name scheme for them?

How about Seinfeld characters.  What better way to rub it in the opponents faces to have Kramer be the first star.

2. Do you nap? Do you think your player would take a pregame nap?

Depending on where I am at, I will sometimes enjoy a little nap.  Especially if I’m by the pool in the sun.  As far as a pregame nap, no way.  Napping would require doing warm ups all over again.

3. We have to travel around Europe a lot for games - what’s your favorite way to travel long distances?

In a window seat on an airplane with my headphones on and no interference from little kids kicking the seat behind me.

4. What’s your favorite way to travel short distances?

Shotgun.  Unless my wife is in the car, then I have to drive.

5. Which super power would you want to give to your player?

Lightning speed.  There would be no icing.  The goalie would not be able to react fast enough for my moves, and I would steal the puck all the time.

6 What is your favorite afternoon snack?

It all depends on where I’m at and what I had for lunch.  Usually a banana takes care of my afternoon snack, unless I feel the need for salt, in that case it will be walnuts and cheese.  Don’t ask how that satisfies the salt desire!