Oslo Storm Press Conference

Oslo Storm press conference 

week ending 01/15/2023

1.  WE DID IT ! Repeat champs how do you plan on celebrating and how will you be spending your day with the cup ?

2. what was our biggest strength during our playoff run ?

3. how will you be spending your off season ?

4. What would should our motto for Season 86 be ?

5. @JB123 has done it all in the E winning back to back cups . How long until the VHL comes knocking at his door for a GM position?

6. What’s next for your player ? An Oslo return ? Moving to the VHL ? 

On 1/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, KRZY said:

:osl: Oslo Storm Press Conference :osl:

Week Ending January 15, 2023

1.  WE DID IT ! Repeat champs how do you plan on celebrating and how will you be spending your day with the cup ?

REPEAT. CHAMPIONS. BABY! SO, so, so elated to be part of history with Oslo. Kauppi was drinking lots of alcohol from the cup. It may-or-may-not have been damaged in the celebration.

2. What was our biggest strength during our playoff run?

Alexander Minion, and our 2nd biggest was everyone wearing sunglasses. 😎

3. How will you be spending your off season?

GMing Team Asia in the WJC and then bulking up Kauppi for the VHL.

4. What would should our motto for Season 86 be?

Every day is hump day for Oslo with these back-to-backs.

5.  JB has done it all in the E winning back to back cups . How long until the VHL comes knocking at his door for a GM position?

Shoot...that's a question I can't answer. I'm sure there's some people out there eyeing for a VHL GM spot when it opens up and JB is definitely a top contender for it.

6. What’s next for your player? An Oslo return? Moving to the VHL?

As much as I'd love to be a part of Oslo's THREE PEAT season, Kauppi will be playing for the Prague Phantoms this next season. He's also been selected once again to represent Team Europe in the WJC!

This is my last press conference with Oslo. Thank you again @JB123for believing in me and my player for this opportunity to play for this incredible team. I wish you @KRZY and the team the best in the future!

Week Ending 01/22/2023

1. The Draft has come and gone how do you think we faired ?

2. what’s the key this season in our quest for the three peat ?

3. Who are you most looking forward to playing with this season ?

4. who are you most looking forward to play against this season ?

5. What are some goals you have for your player this year ?

6. At the halfway point in the NHL season who wins the cup this year ?

01/29/2023 week ending

1. the regular season is right around the corner how do you think we stack up to the rest of the VHLE ?

2. @JB123 was recently see at a costume shop in Oslo there’s som speculation that he was looking for a mascot costume . That being said how should Oslo’s mascot be portrayed?

3. our home opener this year is Also banner raising night aswell how can we deal with high expectations this season as back to back champs ?

4. Who is one player your looking forward to playing with this upcoming season ?

5. Oreo McFlurry and Jimi Jak’s were recently seen looking at condos as they prepare for the upcoming season , what would be one piece of advice you could give to the 2 rookies as they look for a place ?

6. how do the NHL All Star rosters look to you who in you position should have made it but didn’t ?

Edited by KRZY

week ending 02/05/2023

1. We’re 7-1 at the time of writing this press conference what’s been an early key to our success?

2. who has surprised you the most early this season ?

3. @JB123 was seen looking at reconfiguring the menu in the arena cafeteria, what’s a must have to put on the new menu ?

4. Our next home game is bobble head night , what players do you think would have popular bobble heads ?

5. are you superstitious? If so What’s one superstition you have in your pre game routine?

6. How are you battling the cold in Oslo this winter ?

1. Generating high offense complemented by a great limitation of chances on defense.

2. Every player, it’s amazing how everything has come together early on, and how everyone is doing their part.

3. Brick oven pizza is a must.

4. I’d say Jaks, Torbjorn and Landry, for being among the league leaders right now. 
5. Sometimes, but I try to rely more on the work/effort itself. Pre-game, I like to shoot from the same spot at the beginning of warm up and at the end before heading off. 
6. By wearing apparel from the team store! Hats, gloves, boots, coats, and of course, on sale all the time, sunglasses!!

1. We’re 7-1 at the time of writing this press conference what’s been an early key to our success?

We have a high end team on paper and this is the result of clicking right from the start. A good sign for the rest of the season.

2. who has surprised you the most early this season ?

Jax has stepped in and kept is great pace up after leading the VHLM rookies and the Junior Showcase.

3. @JB123 was seen looking at reconfiguring the menu in the arena cafeteria, what’s a must have to put on the new menu ?

I'm a morning person so a breakfast sandwich would be a must for me. 

4. Our next home game is bobble head night , what players do you think would have popular bobble heads ?

Gotta go with Oreo McFleury with that ice cream themed bobblehead. 

5. are you superstitious? If so What’s one superstition you have in your pre game routine?

No eating carbs within 4 hours before (it gives me stiches).

6. How are you battling the cold in Oslo this winter ?

By staying inside :)

Week ending 12/02/2023

1. We currently have the least GA in the league , what’s been key to our teams strong defensive play this season so far ?

2. Oslo is currently in talks with the city council and mayor to open a new arena , what should they name it ?

3. Team Captain Brodie Landry has been recruited to act as a brand ambassador for a new energy drink company in Norway , is this a possible hint to an acting career after he retires eventually?

4.  What is one thing that is a must have in our locker room that we currently do not have ?

5. at around the 1/3 mark of the season who is your early pick for team MVP ?

6. @JB123is talking about implementing a new practice schedule for the team what would you like to see as practice times ?

1. We currently have the least GA in the league , what’s been key to our teams strong defensive play this season so far ?

Just overall commitment by the whole roster. Working as a 5 man unit in the defensive zone instead of worrying about the defensemen. 

2. Oslo is currently in talks with the city council and mayor to open a new arena , what should they name it ?

The Big O

3. Team Captain Brodie Landry has been recruited to act as a brand ambassador for a new energy drink company in Norway , is this a possible hint to an acting career after he retires eventually?

No but I'm sure he'd have a great representation as a sports commentator later on.

4.  What is one thing that is a must have in our locker room that we currently do not have ?

A gatorade vending machine. 

5. at around the 1/3 mark of the season who is your early pick for team MVP ?

I really like the defensive play we've been getting form McFleury - likely him. 

6. @JB123is talking about implementing a new practice schedule for the team what would you like to see as practice times ?

As early as possible, I like to take advantage of the day. 

Week ending 02/19/2023

1. It’s theme well and this season the theme is rivalries . We’ve had quite the rivalry with cologne this season , how can we create some separation in the standings ?

2. @JB123 is talking about releasing a season highlights package at the end of the season . Is there any one thing you wanna see in that package.

3. What does it take to lead this league in scoring ?

4. the most wanted item in our locker room from the last pc was a Gatorade machine , what flavours would you like to see available?

5 . Keeping with the rivalry theme what’s your all time favourite NHL rivalry ?

6. what did you think of the super bowl ?

Week Ending 02/26/2023

1. Hunor Solyom currently leads the VHLE in power play goals , he’s really taken a big step as an offensive defenceman in this league . How has his evolution helped Oslo this Season ?

2. Oslo currently has 5 players with over 60 points how much has our depth and consistency contributed to our team success this season ?

3. Oslo currently leads the league in goals for and goals against , sporting a league leading goal differential of +89 . How has our overall strong team play contributed to our team success this season ?

4. What’s one area we could see some improvement in ?

5. Oslo is going to have fan fest this weekend coming , what kind of events would you like to see ?

6. The team PR department has been talking about releasing new alternate jersey’s this season during fan fest . What are you looking forward to seeing in a New Jersey ?

• 2 weeks later...

Oslo Press conference 

Week ending 03/05/2023

1. Oslo has struggled as of late , how do we right the ship and get back on the righ track for playoffs ?

2. With playoffs coming up who are you looking forward to playing or see perform in these playoffs?

3. Who or what is our biggest X factor coming into the playoffs?

4. What makes a good hockey player ?

5. What is the most important position to help make you hockey team competitive?

6. What was your bigggest take away from the regular season this year ? Positive or negative?

1. We just need to find ways to generate more high quality scoring chances. 
2. Looking forward to seeing every player contribute, and hopefully push us to the next round. 
3. I’d say our offense is, we have the firepower just need to convert on more chances.

4. Someone who has high hockey IQ, can skate, and can play well no matter the situation. 
5. Definitely goalie, although all positions are key.

6. I liked how strong we were at various points, with strings of good games. However, we lost our stride a bit towards the end, and need to regain it.

Oslo Storm press Conference 

Week ending 03/12/2023

1. we’re currently begging the proverbial 8 ball how do we get back into the series vs Stockholm?

2. What are some positives after the first 2 games of the semi’s? And how can we build off them ?

3. Who do you think is going to win the other semi final and why ?

4. Who do you think comes out of the EU an NA Conferences in the VHL this year and why ?

5. Keeping with the playoff kind of theme who do you got winning the Stanley cup this year ?

6. How does Oslo make the three peat happen ?

Week ending 03/19/2023

1. we did it were back in the finals vs Cologne, what’s it gonna take to win the Cup ?

2. @JB123 was seen at a semi final after party having a little too many wine coolers . Is this type of behaviour by management acceptable or should he lead by example ?

3. What’s been our biggest strength in this seasons playoff run ?

4. Who’s been our MVP so far this post season ?

5. What do you think has contributed to Oslo’s sustained success in the past couple seasons ?

6. Who is winning coming out of the NA and EU conferences in the VHL ?

1. we did it were back in the finals vs Cologne, what’s it gonna take to win the Cup ?

- A scoring by committee approach. We've done this throughout the entire playoffs and its been working very well. 

2. @JB123 was seen at a semi final after party having a little too many wine coolers . Is this type of behaviour by management acceptable or should he lead by example ?

- it will only be an issue if he doesn't have more when we win the finals.

- As I said its scoring by committee. Whenever one player is having an off game another steps up and gets the job done.

-Definitely McFleury, he has been shutting down everyone while still being able to chip in.

5. What do you think has contributed to Oslo’s sustained success in the past couple seasons ?

- Great managing by our own @JB123

Seattle and Malmo

On 3/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, KRZY said:

Week ending 03/19/2023

2. @JB123 was seen at a semi final after party having a little too many wine coolers . Is this type of behaviour by management acceptable or should he lead by example ?

1. We won, happy to see it.
2. I personally believe it's always great to have fun, great job JB.
3. Cohesiveness. You need that to construct a great team and we've done a good job doing it.
4. Oreo.
5. I mean, I don't think you can say anything but the GM JB. It's to his credit.
6. Seattle and Malmo (Thanks Kelvi)

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 03/26/2023

1. Well we came up short in game 7 losing by 1 goal , where do we go from here ?

2. @JB123is working hard to build another competitive roster , what do we need right away to stay competitive?

3. Overall how would you rate your experience this season?

4. What’s your off-season looking like ?

5. What’s your plan for your player next season ?

6. Who do you got winning the Stanley Cup ?

1. Just try to move forward, knowing we almost won it all and had a successful season.

2. To start building around a new core, we could use players at all positions right now.

3. It was interesting having a player on the Storm this season, that’s for sure. Probably took away from some of the excitement, to be honest, not being affiliated with another team in some fashion.

4. Scouting and the draft, mainly. 
5. To try to have a solid rookie season by applying my banked TPE. Also, to help Vancouver win the cup.

6. Bruins for sure (I hope)! 

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 04/02/2023

1. How’s your off-season training going so far ?

2.  Is it better to build a team through the draft? Or trades and free agency ?

3. We have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds of the drafts what positions do we need most ?

4. This year looks to be more of a rebuilding year for us , how do we get back in the Renaissance cup picture ?

5. What are you’re career goals for your player ?

6. Who do you have winning the NCAA mens basketball tournament ?

On 3/28/2023 at 5:33 AM, KRZY said:

Oslo Press Conference 

week ending 04/02/2023

1. How’s your off-season training going so far ?

2.  Is it better to build a team through the draft? Or trades and free agency ?

3. We have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds of the drafts what positions do we need most ?

4. This year looks to be more of a rebuilding year for us , how do we get back in the Renaissance cup picture ?

5. What are you’re career goals for your player ?

6. Who do you have winning the NCAA mens basketball tournament ?

1) going well, this week should be a top TPE in my career. Excited to get the season going. 
2) I think all three. I think being creative in all facets of building a team is what leads to ultimate success. 
3) I’m usually a best player available kinda guy. I hear Rip Wheeler is an up and coming stud though! Lol 

4) I think giving new and “younger” guys more prominent roles and counting on their hard work and dedication to get better each game. 
5) Become a top five player in points and hits. And win a championship with the boys. 
6) Don’t watch or care about ncaa. 

Oslo press conference 

Week Ending 04/09/2023

1. The S88 draft recently took place how do you think we did with our picks ?

2. Oslo has in exciting rookie class this season with lots of hungry young players looking to make a name for themselves, who are you looking forward to playing with most ?

3. @JB123 is thinking about making vending machines cost 2.50$ a pop in the locker room and all team facilities  , what are your thoughts ? Should pop be free the players and staff ?

4. Rookie Rip Wheeler has taken a leave of absence from the Yellowstone ranch approved by me Dutton to pursue hockey . How do you think his rough and tough style of play will translate in oslo ?

5. What are your expectations this season ?

6. We’ve experienced a mild cold snap as of late , how are you adjusting to the frigid Oslo temperatures this time of year ?

4 hours ago, KRZY said:

Oslo press conference 

Week Ending 04/09/2023

2. Oslo has in exciting rookie class this season with lots of hungry young players looking to make a name for themselves, who are you looking forward to playing with most ?

3. @JB123 is thinking about making vending machines cost 2.50$ a pop in the locker room and all team facilities  , what are your thoughts ? Should pop be free the players and staff ?

4. Rookie Rip Wheeler has taken a leave of absence from the Yellowstone ranch approved by me Dutton to pursue hockey . How do you think his rough and tough style of play will translate in oslo ?

6. We’ve experienced a mild cold snap as of late , how are you adjusting to the frigid Oslo temperatures this time of year ?

1. I'm super hyped! Being one of the picks obviously I'm excited, but we got two talented wingers alongside myself to play this year, and some great goalies for the future. A great draft all in all.

2. I'm the most excited to play with Swinsola and Tazzo. They were alongside me as scoring leaders in the VHLM last season and it would be really fun to play with one of them on the other wing.

3. As long as water is free then that might actually be good. The free vending machines have not helped my soda habit.

4. He'll add some great grit to the lineup, having a guy to win board battles down low and not let the other teams get away with physicality is important.

5. Championship run. No less. We've got a great team and a lot of players that should be able to have some fantastic seasons.

6. It hasn't been super difficult as I lived in Ottawa this last season. Definitely colder though.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:06 AM, KRZY said:

Oslo press conference 

Week Ending 04/09/2023

1. Oslo had some pretty great picks that I think will be great additions to the team. I may be a bit biased since I'm one of those picks! 

2. My fellow draftee Greg Mckeggegger! He played well in the VHLM and I'm hoping we play well together.

3. I stick to water myself but free pop for the team seems like a rewarding perk. #freethepop

4. Checking is an important of the game and having that kind of physicality will help keep the puck on our sticks and the other team running scared.

5. To get the Renaissance Cup back to Oslo! I'm hoping I can bring my success from the JST to the E. 

6. Being Canadian I should be used to it. However after playing in Houston I've climatized to their weather and will need to stack on the layers to keep comfortable outdoors. Especially when hitting some outdoor rinks for fun. 

On 4/3/2023 at 7:06 AM, KRZY said:

Oslo press conference 

Week Ending 04/09/2023

1) I think @JB123 knocked it outta the park. Lots of value and a ton of upside! 
2) I think getting a chance to play with all of the other rookies in my season 88 draft class. We’re gonna leave a mark! 
3) Pops? Yellow jackets? Banquet beers?! I knew I came to the right place! I’m all in!!

4) My well documented resume (on multiple 

different steaming services) speaks for itself. Team guy all the way, love the boys, love the room…always ready to take an enemy of the Storm nation to the train station. 
5) anything to help the team win, put up points and hits. Win a ‘ship for the club! 
6) Mind over matter…if I don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Cold weather is nothing I’m not used to on the ranch…let’s riiiiiide! 

Edited by ScottyP