World Cup history update

Victor

• Admin

The other day I updated the World Cup medals spreadsheet which had been untouched since S50: http://vhlforum.com/topic/22461-world-cup-medals/E

Eventually I'll get around to doing the tournament-by-tournament threads (also untouched since S50) although perhaps @Will has aspirations to move that to the portal as well - in which case I might hold off to not waste my time.

Anyway, a quick summary of what I found out in the process:

- in my absence, Canada won. A lot. In particular Lee King Snatch - @Smarch and both goaltenders Rhett DeGrath @STZ and Markus King @Kendrick won 3 gold medals, the first players to do so since the very successful Scandinavians of S20 to S26.

- King's medals in particular helped Kendrick propel himself to the the top of the members' medal table, 2 clear of myself, @Bushito, and Smarch who also benefited from Canada's historic run.

- Apollo Skye @Velevra might only have 1 gold to show for his career, but he did get 5 overall - the only other 2 players ever to win that many are Kristian Carlsson and Lars Berger in the 20s.

- @Phil - sadly no longer with us by the looks of it - cemented his title as the unluckiest member in the World Cups - his silver medal count went up to a whopping 9 all-time, compared to just 2 golds - that's a lot of nearly but not quite there finals.

Apart from that, I couldn't decide how to treat second players. I've gone for a weird half measure where if a member had 2 players on the same team I only awarded the member 1 medal, but if they won 2 different medals in the same World Cup, I gave them both. I'm still unsure on that and if I want to change it.