VHLM: Breakdown

A lot of people have shit on this league but I'm here to tell you that shouldn't be the case. Whether you like it or hate, it the VHLM is needed. I've heard from time to time the rumblings that go on in the BoG or around the board from certain members who expressively show their dissatisfaction for the VHLM. If you put yourselves in their shoes, is it understandable? I mean, I guess. Of course, there's negatives and positives to every side of the fence and almost everything you look at. The simming can be hit and miss and the updates can be a little off. These people are hired to do a consistent job and while be expect this 100% of the time, we have to remember they have lives. I shit on @Higgins from time to time about this and I'll admit 95.63% of the time it's jokingly. A lot of people actually shit on him for this and we should overlook the periodical inconsistency - because he's done a pretty good job and has done it for many seasons. We're not league executives, even if some of us think we are ( @Beaviss lol). We have lives, man. We live em. We do what the fuck we want and we're fortunate enough to be able to say that the Victory Hockey League is a part of our spare time or hobbies. The fact they get on in their day, sim for us, GM for us, finance, message and help us or deal with the little shit or whatever, fucking rights. I know it's hard to see it this way, but it needs to be how it's seen.

For the Victory Hockey Leagues minors, the beast is no different. It gets shit and people don't like to spend time down there, but I don't see why. I love that league, man. I miss it. I love creating new guys, being able to play in the VHLM and experiencing newer GM's, newer players and being able to experience something different. Crush those records, dominate, suck shit - whatever. For me? The VHLM is a must have. It's where our players start. Where the new guys start for players and for becoming managers more or less. However, there is the shit side of things too and we're always looking at ways at making things better. So, here I sit - sitting on my seat at the kitchen table, sipping a terrible Vodka beverage I just cooked up after a gruesome 8 hour day after a wicked span of work (16 days of work in the last 17 - my only day off being a shitty dental appointment day on which I also changed the oil in my Nissan 370z). Here, I once again offer you ideas on how we could potentially make the VHLM a better place for all of us to coexist. @Beaviss @Smarch @Will @Beketov

1. When you're drafted, MAKE MONEY.

I'm not sure how you're going to feel about this idea, because It's literally something I cooked up in my brain whilst writing this, but I think it has a lot of positives to it. Whether you're drafted or not, you should be making bank the moment your player hits the ice. Waiver players make it, don't draftees? I say we throw a cap into the VHLM and while I'm a little too buzzed to throw out a number, why not have it at a 2M maximum for say, 9 roster players. This allows your team to have 18 Mill in cap space, so while you have to spend it right, it doesn't hurt to have in place. I'm out of touch with the VHLM, as it's been ages since I've been a GM there, but having every player earn money and allow them to negotiate contract would be a good thing.

2. Let's move the fucking teams.

The same old is great, but let's be a little easier on allowing GM's to move the teams. If not that, let's freshen shit up a bit. I get teams have been in place for a long time, but it would be nice to see new blood in the league. It would spruce shit up and make me pumped to play for some new places instead of the same old loyalty. A couple suggestions:

1. This I'm not overly for, but allow a GM to relocate the team every 3-5 seasons, and if new, allow them to move the team as long as it's approved by a Commish and they have graphics, jerseys and logos ready to go.

2. If the team consistently places lower int he rankings and can't seem to find their way, move em.

3. Move a couple team for the sake of change. I'd like to see teams like Chicago, Vancouver, Washington, Minnesota, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa. Anything really. Let's explore - have fun. Enjoy this shit. The VHLM is where this should take place. History is important, yes. Let's always hold onto that, but so is change. I'm not asking for new teams every 5 seasons, but if we can, let's bring in some new blood because I honestly feel like that may do us some good. 

3. Special VHLM PT's?

I still don't know why this isn't a regular thing overall? It's easier work than trivia and tallying predictions and is enjoyable to watch and likely read. Maybe, if not in the VHL, bring it to the VHLM. For as long as you're in the VHLM, expect a weekly point task that could be about anything - your off-season plans, your seasonal expectations, a make up of your meal plans or a team initiation.. whatever.. For 2 TPE a week, 150 words. Show us what you got. It brings about activity, gets people reading and is an easy way to earn TPE and get activity going without people having to fight through a fucking boring Media Spot like I am right now.

4. VHLSC - Scouting shit

Honestly, when Kendrick did this, I fucking loved it, man. I struggled with activity when I first joined as it took me a little bit to find my love for the VHL, but fuck, did I love his shit.  It's so cool to see where you rank, the progress you've made and to see where you rank amongst your fellow draftees. I know we're trying to get it going again, and know knocks to robbie, but that was shit. I love that Robbie tried to put his own mark on it, but I'll call him out when I say he likely was too busy, Bek put him on the spot as he asked when it was coming out and that's what he spit out. He can say differently and like I said, I like his approach for different, but I REAAAAAALLLY don't think you can top Kendrick. At the end of the day, Game of Thrones is the shit. Don't fucking top it or try to change it, be it. If it ain't broke, fix it. If it's the best respect it. Respect it, man. Kendrick did well - do what they do. I honestly feel like this is something that will help with retention if we can keep them passed that point.

5. Activity Check

If it's one thing I hate doing, it's posting in another game thread only to copy/paste those 3 links and claim the TPE. I post in 99% of my game threads anyway and while I see it a positive initiative for activity, it's a pain in the ass. It's been presented in the BoG and it's honestly a home run, slam dunk or snipe to top cheddar. Let us claim 1 TPE a week or VHL and 2 for VHLM. Give the young boys an easier pay day with 2 and the old boys a little less with 1. I'd love to post in a thread and get some days TPE. We're not getting younger and as my days count down on here, I find myself struggling. You need to give us breaks, make things easier. The GOMHL is easy as fuck as that's why I'm there. 8 for activity check, 2-3 for Media depending if you purchase a store thing for media. SHL offers a 1M training for 5 TPE and activity check = 2 without even doing PT's. Easy to make a decent PT. 

MAYBE why people choose those is because it's less of a bitch on those sites? sure SHL has PT's, but they're not that bad. The only thing I don;'t do is those weekend fun times and thats only because I'm lazy and don't give a shit.  Next player, balls to the walls. 

6. Lastly, because I want 1,500 words and to not have to write for 3 weeks.

I think bumping the MAXIMUM TPE would be good thing. This allows for a more competitive league, but also means some or most players will stay down for 2-3 leagues. It kills turn over which is a real bitch in the league but also helps with depth. I'd say 225 and 250 - which would be a big boost. 

1,533 WORDS

APRIL 30 - May 6

May 7 - May 13

May 14 - May 20

FORSBERG

43 minutes ago, Banackock said:

3. Move a couple team for the sake of change. I'd like to see teams like Chicago, Vancouver, Washington, Minnesota, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa. Anything really. Let's explore - have fun. Enjoy this shit. The VHLM is where this should take place. History is important, yes. Let's always hold onto that, but so is change. I'm not asking for new teams every 5 seasons, but if we can, let's bring in some new blood because I honestly feel like that may do us some good. 

Currently exists

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Oh ya lynx

whatever. You catch my drift ?

All I said was Ottawa currently exists. Hence the bold and underline. You then said "Not really tbh" which there isn't a drift to catch. I agree that VHLM teams should be able to move more, but mine is one that doesn't need to

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

What u think BF? 

You

/s

In my opinion it is the constant "trading  the farm" ie one team giving up their best players for another teams best picks for a couple years. The team that gets the players usually wins the championship. Then the team that has sustainable successes never wins anything.

On 5/2/2018 at 6:41 PM, Banackock said:

Oh ya lynx

whatever. You catch my drift ?

Obviously we have different stories on this website, but I can never forget the Ottawa Lynx. :P

They've been around forever. They were my first team I ever played for when I first joined.

Kendrick's scouting reports were amazing. I loved checking them when he made them to see people's progress.....and it was awesome watching your own player move up the ranks. Not only that, but it gave us lazier GMs something to look at instead of scouting ourselves. :lol:

I'd also be on board with Activity Checks. Although the leagues that have them aren't the same as ours. It's the leagues like SHL, NSFL, GOMHL, etc that have those. They all have similar formats.

The ones like the VHL (SBA, EFL), don't have activity checks. They have sim thread posting like ours. Although with theirs, it's one big thread for the sims as opposed to a different thread for each one like ours.

I definitely wouldn't mind it if we changed our format to something like EFL/SBA. One thread where each codex gets pasted in a row with maybe a little play by play featured for one of them. I don't know. The way the SHL does playoff sims is pretty decent as well. They have people sign up to write the play by plays for the games, and you can earn extra TPE by doing the play by play. Choose the big parts of the games and post pictures of goals and saves, etc. People can post and "watch" the game live.