Halifax 21st Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. just gotta go out there head down and play our game and do our best to get back in this series

2. to work to be better for next season

3. always taping my stick a certain way 

4. a little bit

5.i sure hope so we all been working hard

6. wasn't he already?

10 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on May 5, 2024

P9EnSpl.png

1. After a great first round series against Philadelphia, we are down by two games. How do we get back into the series?

"We just keep playing our game and the wins will come. This team hasn't doubted ourselves all season and there's no reason to now. We will go out there and play every game to our fullest potential."

2.  What is your offseason plans for your player?

"It's been a long season so I want to spend some time with the family and relax. I've been able to train in any situation so I'm confident that I can take some time for myself and my loved ones while also preparing for S94."

3. What is a playoff superstition your player practices?

"I try not to be too superstitious. I like to do things the same way every game mostly out of habit, but some people see that as superstition. I try to keep the negative thoughts out of my head and not leave anything up to a 'higher power'. I like to keep myself accountable for whatever happens."

4. Are you paying attention to the playoffs in other leagues?

"I'm not keeping too close of an eye but I'm checking out the highlights where I can. Moreso I'm checking out the VHLE since I'll most likely be there next season and I want to be informed about what's going on in the league."

5. Halifax has never won the Founder's Cup. Is it our year?

"I certainly hope it is. We have a team that's been built to win it all so it would be fantastic to see that through to the very end. It would be exciting to come into this league being completely new and lead this team to their first Founder's Cup."

6. Is Ovechkin done after the playoff sweep?

"He can't stop now. One more season and he'll break the all-time goals record. He still has more in the tank and I don't see him calling it quits when he knows how close he is to history."

15 hours ago, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

1. After a great first round series against Philadelphia, we are down by two games. How do we get back into the series?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

P9EnSpl.png

1. If everyone pulls in at their best, anything can happen

2. Continue to improve him to be a reliable force at the back

3. Every day during a series I eat a certain breakfast and stick with it the rest of the series, next series new breakfast, stay with it, and so on

4. Focus on where you're at

5. One game at a time, that's how titles come

6. Either he'll keep going to break the record, or he'll retire from NHL and head back home for a few years and finish up there

On 4/29/2024 at 1:47 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. Unfortunately, we didn't. It was a great season though

2. Hoping to get drafted somewhere fun and improve my player.

3. Don't take off the jersey during intermissions.

4. Not too much, I'll likely start tuning in for the finals.

5. ... Maybe next year!

6. I think his odds of winning the cup are, but he's still got a shot at Gretzky's record so I doubt he'd retire now.

evIyQCR.png

Answer 3 Questions for 1 Capped TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE

For week ending on May 12, 2024

1. First press conference of the offseason! How do you feel we performed as a team this season?

2. Congrats to everyone who earned a team award this season! Are you happy with the decisions for each award or would you change some?

3. Are you taking part in any of the off-season tournaments? If so, where are you playing and what do you expect from them?

4. Saskatoon ended up kicking us from the playoffs and went on to sweep Ottawa in the finals. How do you feel about losing to the eventual champions?

5. What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up to the VHL/VHLE, staying with the team, or going into the Dispersal Draft?

6. Every week I want to throw in a fun question at the end to see what people think. This week's question is; You get a million dollars, but you have to take on an NHL tough guy in a fight once a month for 10 years. Do you take the money?

To claim TPE:

Go to the portal > Manage Player > Claim Capped > Type > Press Conference

evIyQCR.png

On 4/29/2024 at 12:47 PM, Will3 said:

w4Xbeh8.png

To claim TPE:

P9EnSpl.png

1. I definitely think so, but I have a bad feeling about the semifinals...

2. Step one this offseason is some rest and recouperation with the family. I'm thinking the Caribbean 

3. I eat the same meal before every game - Waffle House All-Star Special!

4. I always try to keep a close eye on the league happenings, gotta stay in touch

5. Next year, that's what my Magic 8 Ball says

6. Never!

1.First press conference of the offseason! How do you feel we performed as a team this season?

I feel we had a good season and complimented eachother very well

2.Congrats to everyone who earned a team award this season! Are you happy with the decisions for each award or would you change some?

I am surprised and feel lucky winning an award. It's truly an honor. I would dedicate my award to the whole team though

3.Are you taking part in any of the off-season tournaments? If so, where are you playing and what do you expect from them?

Got drafted by Brigade for the JST and really don't know what to expect so I'm excited 

4.Saskatoon ended up kicking us from the playoffs and went on to sweep Ottawa in the finals. How do you feel about losing to the eventual champions?

I feel we deserved better. We worked our butts off but proud of our efforts

5.What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up to the VHL/VHLE, staying with the team, or going into the Dispersal Draft?

I am happily staying with the team. 

6 Every week I want to throw in a fun question at the end to see what people think. This week's question is; You get a million dollars, but you have to take on an NHL tough guy in a fight once a month for 10 years. Do you take the money?

Hell no. I'd up dying first year😅

13 hours ago, ace_five_ said:

evIyQCR.png

1. First press conference of the offseason! How do you feel we performed as a team this season?

2. Congrats to everyone who earned a team award this season! Are you happy with the decisions for each award or would you change some?

3. Are you taking part in any of the off-season tournaments? If so, where are you playing and what do you expect from them?

4. Saskatoon ended up kicking us from the playoffs and went on to sweep Ottawa in the finals. How do you feel about losing to the eventual champions?

5. What are your plans for next season? Are you moving up to the VHL/VHLE, staying with the team, or going into the Dispersal Draft?

6. Every week I want to throw in a fun question at the end to see what people think. This week's question is; You get a million dollars, but you have to take on an NHL tough guy in a fight once a month for 10 years. Do you take the money?

To claim TPE:

evIyQCR.png

1. Wasn't here long enough to tell, but from what I saw it was a pretty good group

2. Whatever decisions are made regarding awards are beyond my power so I respect every one of them

3. Not in particular

4. It's better to contend against a championship team than a team that gets swept in the final. But that being said, it's better to win...

5. Dispersal Draft for me, see how it goes!

6. Money is money, yes! The rulebook will protect my life, linesman jumps in

1. First press conference of the off season! How do you feel we performed as a team this season?
    Overall, I think as team we did really well consider we ran with a full roster, which isn`t the meta way to win a championship. I was more impress in the locker room than I was on the ice as the team was very active and I see a lot of potential in the players as they progress through the different leagues to the VHL.
    Team awards are always nice and I would never change the opinion of the management on who they select. My job is simple play hockey and make my statements on the ice and let management control everything else!!
    JST, Maybe the WJC again since I also played last season and Pro AM; if accepted but off season tournaments don`t really mean much!! Other than the WJC and the WC as playing as part of your nation is always a big deal.
    Since I played for the team last season and they showed very little interest in me during the drafting process last season. I think we were robbed as we were clearly the better team just didn`t get the puck luck! I also tuned out once we were out of the Championship since I am now focused on next season; likely in the VHLE.
    It all really depends on where I am drafted in the VHL as to what I am going to do next season as that is a conversation you have with management once drafted. If I end up where I think I might end up than it actually might be my choice and that will make me pause a lot more as I don`t really want to play in the VHLE since it means Banking for another full season but it would help the team more if I play in the VHLE so we will see. Likely I am playing in the VHLE just unsure of with whom!!
  6. Every week I want to throw in a fun question at the end to see what people think. This week's question is; You get a million dollars, but you have to take on an NHL tough guy in a fight once a month for 10 years. Do you take the money?Hell yeah!! A million dollars after tax I am hoping since than I could invest that cash and really live life off of that cash. Considering now a days an NHL tough guy isn`t as tough as they used to be; I think I can turtle at least once a month for the next ten years. Heck, I might even get better at fighting and surprise the SB a few times. But I am also a former Boxer as I took lessons due to playing hockey so I have been known to hold my own in a fight as the crazy goaltender. One of my last games I was involved in a double goalie fight in which I broke the other goalies jaw when he was much bigger than me at 6`3 230LB and I was 5`8" 180lbs. Fought the other one who was 6`7" and barely touched the guy as I could reach his head so I body punched the crap out of him!! LOL!!

On 5/5/2024 at 6:18 PM, ace_five_ said:

evIyQCR.png

To claim TPE:

evIyQCR.png

1. “Proud. Happy. I’m really happy with what we were able to do. I think I’ve made some life long friends here despite my short tenure—not that I’m retiring, for the record.”

2. “I mean that questions considering me and my agent both…yknow…received one, it’s like trashing the Grammys whilst getting one. I think everbody who received award thoroughly deserved it.”

3. “I got drafted 31st overall by the JST’s Royals, so I’m pretty happy and excited about that. I always go onto a new team trying not to expect anything. I just aim to have fun.”

4. “Not great.”

5. “Next season I plan to stay in Halifax. I love it here.”

6. “…How legal can my hits be? I’ve always thought of ‘why not use the stick?’ During scrums. If it gets too serious I have something sharp on me. I’d do it. Does this cover legal expenses too?”

1. i think our team played amazing and we all played our part to do our best. i wish we gave just a little more in the playoffs but im happy with how we all played.

2. im happy with the decisions. very well earned 

3. i think i might. im not sure with who but im just expecting to get better for the start of the season.

4. losing sucks no matter what and id rather it be us winning the championship. we'll try harder next time

5.id be happy to stay with the team and try to be the champions this time.

6. i'll take the money. they arent as tough as they used to be!

"I think the team performed amazing! We competed for the top spot in the league all season long and put up a good fight in the playoffs. Sure it's a little disappointing, but we have to be happy with how we came together as a team."

"I agree with all the choices that were made. Sure, you could argue multiple people for each award, but in the end management could only pick one so they had to make the hard choices."

"As a both a player and a manager I will be taking part in the Junior Showcase Tournament with the Steel. I found out about the unsanctioned ProAm tournament as well, and hopefully will be picked to represent Canada in the WJC. I just want to get experience in these tournaments and see how I fare against the different levels of competition while meeting new faces and playing with different teammates. It's all part of the experience of being in the VHL and I want to experience it all."

"I guess it's alright that we put up a fight against the eventual champs but it still stings. You can look at the hypotheticals that if we had been in the finals, would the result be the same? Ultimately though, it does no good to think like that and just congratulate Saskatoon on their Cup."

"I plan to spend a season in the VHLE developing so I can be a force in the VHL right away. If my manager thinks I'm ready to be in the big leagues in S94, I'll be ready for that too. I'm prepared for whatever is thrown at me."

"Sure, the tough guys in the NHL aren't what they used to be, but they could still punch my face in if they wanted to. I mean, I'm still going to take the money and let the Canadian health care system take care of the rest."

evIyQCR.png

For week ending on May 19, 2024

1. With all the players being released for their perspective drafts, how are you feeling about the group returning for next season?

2. What are you looking to improve on from last season, stats-wise?

3. How do you feel about playing in the newly rebranded Citadel Centre? Do you like the name?

4. What jersey number does your player wear, and why?

5. If you're on a two-on-one and have the puck, are you thinking pass, or shoot?

6. Question of the Week: You get a million dollars, but you have to wear equipment that was designed 60 years ago for a whole season. Do you take the money?

To claim TPE:

evIyQCR.png

With all the players being released for their perspective drafts, how are you feeling about the group returning for next season?

I feel our group should be solid for next season.

What are you looking to improve on from last season, stats-wise?

After being more offensive in the JST, I would definitely like to stack more points overall

How do you feel about playing in the newly rebranded Citadel Centre? Do you like the name?

I think it's a clever name. Definitely was better than my idea😅

What jersey number does your player wear, and why?

#4 and honestly I don't know why... I like the look of it on a jersey? maybe?

If you're on a two-on-one and have the puck, are you thinking pass, or shoot?

It all depends on how the defense is reacting to the play. If I see him trying to play the pass, I shoot low trying to get a rebound. If not I fake the shot and quickly dish it to the other side. 

Question of the Week: You get a million dollars, but you have to wear equipment that was designed 60 years ago for a whole season. Do you take the money?

Of course! A few bruises are worth 1 million😅 I just wouldn't be blocking as many shots

1. Definitely feel good we should be just as good as last season.

2. Would have to be my save %

3. Excited and can't wait..

4. I have the number 91 jersey... have had that number since pee wee...

5. I'm a team player so always thinking pass first.

6. I do not take the money not enough money to risk permanent injury.

1. i believe in our team to make the right moves to keep us competitive.

2. im just looking to improve all round to help the team win games.

3. going to be alot of fun and i do like the name.

4. i used to always wear 7 when i was younger. but alot of players also wanted the #7 so i started switching to #77 and been 77 since.

5. i'll fake shot then sauce it over for the OT

6. yes i'll take the money. playing with old skates and sticks i'll most likely get benched and be safe from injury's. 

1. With all the players being released for their perspective drafts, how are you feeling about the group returning for next season?
      "I mean...good. Hopeful. A little sad. It's like inheriting an heirloom. It's cool, but someone died, y'know?" 

"...I'm not really sure...scoring? I feel like that's the most obvious and honestly only answer if you think about it." 

3. How do you feel about playing in the newly rebranded Citadel Centre? Do you like the name?
    "I like it a lot, actually. It's super edgy without trying to hard." 

"1897 was the year Puerto Rico was essentially fully autonomous for the first time in it's history. I used to wear the number sixteen when I was younger because he was my dad's favourite player from the Nordiques. But then Hurricane Maria hit and I was like...'So much of my home is destroyed, I want to have a piece of it with me when I play and/or skate. And it stuck, so.'  

5. If you're on a two-on-one and have the puck, are you thinking pass, or shoot?
      "Depends on the context and scenario, honestly. Some time I'd shoot other times I'd pass." 

6. Question of the Week: You get a million dollars, but you have to wear equipment that was designed 60 years ago for a whole season. Do you take the money?
      "Yeah. I'd just wear a jersey." 

4 hours ago, ethanjaeda said:
      "I mean...good. Hopeful. A little sad. It's like inheriting an heirloom. It's cool, but someone died, y'know?" 

"...I'm not really sure...scoring? I feel like that's the most obvious and honestly only answer if you think about it." 

"I like it a lot, actually. It's super edgy without trying to hard." 

"1897 was the year Puerto Rico was essentially fully autonomous for the first time in it's history. I used to wear the number sixteen when I was younger because he was my dad's favourite player from the Nordiques. But then Hurricane Maria hit and I was like...'So much of my home is destroyed, I want to have a piece of it with me when I play and/or skate. And it stuck, so.'  

"Depends on the context and scenario, honestly. Some time I'd shoot other times I'd pass." 

"Yeah. I'd just wear a jersey." 

Your responses are always so fun to read, great press conference!

Posted (edited)

1. I think our team is needing help on the defense so I am hoping we can get a top D prospect for next season. I am not sure who is available for the draft but I do believe the staff will make the right decision with our picks

2. Yes, my player did go to training camp. He worked hard on his defensive side of the game as well as puck handling. He is wanting to be efficient both sides of the ice so definitely tried to balance offense and defense

3. Happy to see him get the job! I think he's going to do a great job and wish him the best in his success as a AGM

4. I found it pretty funny to read lol

5. I think it would be something along the lines of fire and water kind of like in a ying and yang fashion to express both the good and bad, the light and the darkness,  the calm and the storm...all being in balance with one another 

6. Something along the lines of 5$ or maybe even settle for a free poutine 😅

Edited by Oddpurplefly

On 5/20/2024 at 5:41 PM, ace_five_ said:

7dITnBx.png

1. I'm sure there are many great prospects so we can definitely find a gem.

2. I'm mostly working on Poke Checking and Defensive Coverage.

3. I haven't heard of the debacle. So I'm not sure.

4. I think they'll do well.

5. Definitely the logo of the team I'm player for and my jersey number.

6. $5000, maybe a little more I hope.

On 5/20/2024 at 3:41 PM, ace_five_ said:

7dITnBx.png

1. Being one of the players drafted I can't really answer this question but I think management did a great job at drafting.

2. Boris was denied entrance to training camp which made him upset, so to get revenge he is working on his checking and flying elbows.

3. After ready the story I think it's pretty funny but hoping this doesn't affect his play.

4. Never met this person but I think they will do a great job.

5. The logo of the team I'm on and a tribute to the goalies who came before me in the organization.

6. realistically I think I could earn anywhere from 2-3k.

1 minute ago, RileyL said:

4. Never met this person but I think they will do a great job.

They’re still on the team! Robin Sierra. Chat them up in the locker room!

1. I'm sure we'll be competing for a playoff spot. We have a good team still and can see us causing surprises despite having lost valuable players in the draft. 

2. The old saku koivu 1-2 backhand to forehand

3. I'm not sure who will get picked but as always I trust management will make the good calls for whomever is elected as captain and assistants

4. Fire burns inside.  I want to be on the ice and make a difference. But if I'm getting benched there's a reason why and only I can work on it so I don't get benched again. 

5. Hopefully helping the team win and be in a good spot in the standings. 

6. Definitely me. Usain bolt has too much torque, he'd be spinning at the starting line