Best VHLM Idea

I'm not behind this.  The grind of going from 30 tpe to a decent player your first time through is what sorts the men from the boys so to say. 

If everyone can come in and be a super star then like... what's the point?  If we were to start players at 175, then I would be more in favor of getting rid of the VHLM all together.

And I am in no way in favor of getting rid of the VHLM.

Player development is important and gives the league depth. Both leagues.

• Commissioner

Yeah, this got out of hand quickly.

I think ultimately it attempts to solve a problem that simply doesn't exist. It's change of the sake of change. How does handing new members the VHLM cap actually make the league better? It doesn't teach them how the VHL functions in the slightest, it just hands free TPE out for the sake of it. Ultimately if everyone has something, it makes it less special; so it would just be the new baseline that people would work off of. Instead of starting low, you start high, but because everyone starts high there's still no standing out from the crowd.

I like that you're making some suggestions but I'd like to see a point behind them, not just change for the sake of it. What would the point behind this really be? It's possible I'm just not getting it aside from "make inactive players better depth players." If that's he case they wouldn't really be any better anyway. Sure, 30 TPE vs. 175 but the active guys started at 175 as well so nothing ultimately changes except TPE numbers.

If every player begins at 175 TPE rather than 30+ how does this help first gens not start out on the second or third line?

I appreciate the efforts to try and change things up to make them more interesting for new members but to this point Discord engagement has done very well. I think it's worth it to see how far that can take the VHLM before we go and make drastic changes (aside from changing the VHLM cap and separating creation TPE and carryover of course, dat shit needa happen soon). :)

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Yeah, this got out of hand quickly.

I think ultimately it attempts to solve a problem that simply doesn't exist. It's change of the sake of change. How does handing new members the VHLM cap actually make the league better? It doesn't teach them how the VHL functions in the slightest, it just hands free TPE out for the sake of it. Ultimately if everyone has something, it makes it less special; so it would just be the new baseline that people would work off of. Instead of starting low, you start high, but because everyone starts high there's still no standing out from the crowd.

I like that you're making some suggestions but I'd like to see a point behind them, not just change for the sake of it. What would the point behind this really be? It's possible I'm just not getting it aside from "make inactive players better depth players." If that's he case they wouldn't really be any better anyway. Sure, 30 TPE vs. 175 but the active guys started at 175 as well so nothing ultimately changes except TPE numbers.

Again it changes career years which seems to be something that the blue team either just doesn't care about or are just to lazy to handle.

4 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Screw it, scrap the VHLM then. No one cares that the VHLM ruins first gens careers. So why even have the thing in the first place right?

Where is your proof it ruins first gens careers? if you spent any time on the discord chat you would see that the VHLM is probably the more talked about league. Talked about in a good way as well. 

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Again it changes career years which seems to be something that the blue team either just doesn't care about or are just to lazy to handle.

I would say that is unnecessarily harsh at best. You imply we haven't bothered to look into anything which is flat out untrue. We have discussed it in the BOG but have found no consensus that makes sense without creating loopholes and issues for veteran members. I would argue those loopholes could be cleared up in a much more tactful way than simply handing everyone 145 extra TPE. I don't think that changes much aside from how high attributes are to begin with.

I do get your argument that everyone would just go to the VHL unless they choose to stay down but that's basically already the case. Anyone active can hit the cap and even if they don't it is entirely up to the user if they want to stay down. You could come into the VHL at 50 TPE if you wanted to. It's simply that most players decide they want the extra VHLM seasons for the bonus TPE.

28 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

27 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Screw it, scrap the VHLM then. No one cares that the VHLM ruins first gens careers. So why even have the thing in the first place right?

This is unnecessary, and very untrue.