Have we gotten too easy?

Beketov

• Admin
7 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Really, it seems like there's minimal crossover between the SHL and any other league

My recent lurking revealed they have their own football and baseball league PT affiliation - a different football league to the EFL. It does seem like the sim league world has split into two and probably for the best - that side became way too fanatical way too quickly.

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Bushito said:

I would say that one banner PT and HOF articles is not so much throwing uncapped TPE around. You could say recruiting I guess with that but we’ve always had recruiting TPE of some sort.

They definitely exist as well but let me re-word for you: not necessarily new uncapped opportunities but higher amounts than historically. Most anniversaries for example haven’t given away nearly 17 uncapped.

12 hours ago, Smarch said:

This league has become less fun for me because of this. I enjoyed this league because of the characters and the ribbing people would take/give. Yes, some of it went to far, but that's life. 

The VHL has become boring for me since about S59, and making stuff harder wouldn't help my case at least. 

Saying that, we shouldn't cater to one person/member cause they feel a certain way, so from my talks with others they see the league progressing so it's all g

Personally I'm on the other end of this. I can handle some occasional assholes but strongly prefer not to have to.

35 minutes ago, Beketov said:

They definitely exist as well but let me re-word for you: not necessarily new uncapped opportunities but higher amounts than historically. Most anniversaries for example haven’t given away nearly 17 uncapped.

Yeah I'd rather see 5 of them at 3 a piece than 17 TPE one time that some people miss and get zero. The Uncapped and 3 extra so far has not bridged the gap between the new and old update scale imo but that's only my opinion.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Yeah I'd rather see 5 of them at 3 a piece than 17 TPE one time that some people miss and get zero. The Uncapped and 3 extra so far has not bridged the gap between the new and old update scale imo but that's only my opinion.

Just curious then, what would you like to see for  5 different uncapped opportunities? That’s a lot of different  things to come up with so if you have ideas I’m all for it.

Mind you that’s also 15 uncapped, I assume you mean per season? The 17 from the birthday is an anniversary so it might happen twice per career, that’s 34 TPE. 15 per season for 9 seasons (full career plus VHLM) is 135 Free TPE. That is pretty substantial. The scale changes were mostly to reflect the new cap but they were intended to be a tad harsher as well. We never really intended on giving back all the TPE to make up for it or what would be the point of changing it?

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Just curious then, what would you like to see for  5 different uncapped opportunities? That’s a lot of different  things to come up with so if you have ideas I’m all for it.

Mind you that’s also 15 uncapped, I assume you mean per season? The 17 from the birthday is an anniversary so it might happen twice per career, that’s 34 TPE. 15 per season for 9 seasons (full career plus VHLM) is 135 Free TPE. That is pretty substantial. The scale changes were mostly to reflect the new cap but they were intended to be a tad harsher as well. We never really intended on giving back all the TPE to make up for it or what would be the point of changing it?

I wasn't saying to give 135 TPE a career, more so I'd like to see the 34 a career broke up over the career, like 4 per season or something. Make a midseason ranking where you rank whatever you want one season, make a player you love/ hate the most right now and why midseason article, throw in a team one every 4-6 seasons. It's really not that hard to come up with ideas, given time I'm sure I can do better, maybe a 30 for 30 type thing one year. 

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I wasn't saying to give 135 TPE a career, more so I'd like to see the 34 a career broke up over the career, like 4 per season or something. Make a midseason ranking where you rank whatever you want one season, make a player you love/ hate the most right now and why midseason article, throw in a team one every 4-6 seasons. It's really not that hard to come up with ideas, given time I'm sure I can do better, maybe a 30 for 30 type thing one year. 

That’s fair, I misunderstood. If you want to come up with some than be my guest, I’d be interested in seeing them.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That’s fair, I misunderstood. If you want to come up with some than be my guest, I’d be interested in seeing them.

I'll try to get to a list tonight at some point

On 8/27/2018 at 6:04 PM, Fire Hakstol said:

SHL = anal

shipped me off

rouge squadron

@JardyB10and at least a couple other members legitimately thought @eaglesfan036 and I were Anderson multis

@Trifecta EST/DST/MST fiasco with @JardyB10

actual animosity between SHL and VHL...seems like there's very little crossover between the two leagues anymore. Really, it seems like there's minimal crossover between the SHL and any other league

@Munk being commissioner for a day

Pajodcast...pew pew pew

And I'm sure there's many other's I'm forgetting.

k

• Admin
56 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I'm sure somewhere along the line, everyone other than flute girl was one of us...

But flute girl is the one true love.

Somewhere in the VHL universe she and RJ are happily married.