Minor Change to Donations

Beketov

• Commissioner

This isn’t anything major so it’ll be nice and quick. Starting in S63 we’ll be changing how we handle donations slightly. The new system will offer options without tying them to specific dollar increments so you can choose what rewards you want at each level. For the max level you still get an additional one as always.

So, here’s how it will work now:

$5: Pick One

$10: Pick Two

$15: Pick Three

$20: Pick Four, can double any of the non-cash options (maximum of one option can be doubled)

With the options to choose from being:

Free Week (12 TPE Capped)

$1M Player Store Cash

5 TPE Uncapped

Doubles Week

Like I said, not a major change but it allows for a little more flexibility and a free week becomes a proper free week.

There is one caveat to mention as well. Previously we have been allowing doubles weeks and free weeks to be combined. This will henceforth no longer be the case. You can get both via a donation but you can no longer use them in combination. This change affects free and doubles weeks that are given out as well, not just ones via donations.

40 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Since when? I was told people have been denied previously or else I would have done it.... lmao

I'm assuming you're talking about the doubles/free combo. I was also told that I couldn't combine the two, so it being allowed in the past is news to me.

1 hour ago, Sonnet said:

Question- if you donate $10, can you double up on the option you pick? Or do they need to be unique?

Gotta be unique. 

Also, the vagueness of it before is what led to the decision of taking an official stance. Some updaters would allow it and some would not. Now there’s a clear line saying it’s not allowed. 

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, tfong said:

Ok fine but why disable it :(

Because that’s never how either was designed. Sure you get the same amount of TPE but you don’t put in any of the effort for it. People also tended to stockpile the free weeks to be used when the league offered doubles weeks which are supposed to help increase activity. No increase if you’re just slapping a free week onto it.

Plus yeah, there was no official stance on it so we wanted to make one. There will still be times when we offer actual doubles free weeks but we don’t want people simply buying them.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:54 AM, Beketov said:

Because that’s never how either was designed. Sure you get the same amount of TPE but you don’t put in any of the effort for it. People also tended to stockpile the free weeks to be used when the league offered doubles weeks which are supposed to help increase activity. No increase if you’re just slapping a free week onto it.

Plus yeah, there was no official stance on it so we wanted to make one. There will still be times when we offer actual doubles free weeks but we don’t want people simply buying them.

Wait is that a typo that says Free week is 12 tpe capped? Shouldn't that be 6?

• Commissioner
27 minutes ago, tfong said:

Wait is that a typo that says Free week is 12 tpe capped? Shouldn't that be 6?

Not a typo, also a change. Donation free weeks will count as full weeks free rather than just a free PT. Unless otherwise stated other free weeks will use the old system but donation ones will offer full weeks.

51 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Why? I think this is a good change, let's people pick the rewards rather than locking them behind certain paywalls. Same stuff, slightly different format.

Don't worry he just hates change of any type.

6 hours ago, Sonnet said:

Why? I think this is a good change, let's people pick the rewards rather than locking them behind certain paywalls. Same stuff, slightly different format.

It's in response to the not being able to free week+doubles.

5 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Don't worry he just hates change of any type.

Sure, believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

It's in response to the not being able to free week+doubles.

Actually this was my initial reaction too. Then i found out the donation free week is worth 12 (instead of 6) which...is basically the old free week + donation.

So i'm ok with that.

27 minutes ago, tfong said:

Actually this was my initial reaction too. Then i found out the donation free week is worth 12 (instead of 6) which...is basically the old free week + donation.

So i'm ok with that.

Imagine 24 though instead of 12

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Doubles week wouldn’t account for the full cap even under the old rules (which weren’t even really the rules, it was just allowed sometimes) so your hypothetical is pointless.

4 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Yeah but in terms of TPE, people using this lose nothing with the change and in fact actually get more since the free week is a combined free+donation under the new system and you get to buy 2 of them and retain an extra double week. Where in the old one you could only do it one time anyways with a free week + double week.

Its actually a better gain in the new change.

Edited by tfong

• Victor unfeatured this topic