Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

On 8/31/2024 at 7:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Rookies & Traded deadline

Some might think this is the best week of the season when the league gives extra TPE for completing theme related PT tasks but other look at the trade deadline for all the moves to try to figure who is going to lift the cup at the end of the season. So lets discuss:

1.     Rookies as Theme week on a scale of 1-10 what do you rate it and why?

2.     What are your expectations for Rookies when they join the VHL? Explain

3.     Who on the Vancouver Wolves should be trade by the end of the week or the trade deadline and why?

4.     If you could trade for one player in the league who and why?

5.     Do you think the Vancouver Wolves will make any moves at this season trade deadline?

6.     Sad News hearing about what happened to the Gaudreau brothers so what do you remember the most about either one of them?

Gaudreau.jpg.468dce5fdd5143329235ce7460d6bfb4.jpg

RIP: The hockey world is think about you and your families!!

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Beketov@leafsman@Subject056@Scurvy@ScottyP@traphag@Smarch@Thunder@Girts@KaleebtheMighty

1. I like it and rate it a 10 because it gives good exposure to our amazing rookies. Normally rooks don't get much fanfare around the league. 

2. I expect them to #1 not be a liability out there and then contribute in some positive way to the team. Lucky our rookies this season have both been fantastic! 

3. Nobody. We should prob add a depth defenseman so we can upgrade over the bot and then go for the cup

4. Hmm that's a tough one, don't know enough players so I will say whatever defenseman compliments Guntis perfectly to be my partner for the playoffs

5. I think we might make a small move for dman but we shouldn't do anything else

6. Oh man so sad and tragic. I remember watching Johnny in the world juniors and thinking this kid in unbelievable and then followed his career ever since. I also drafted him as a prospect in a couple dynasty leagues and he won me championships. Such a great player and also great person, incredibly sad the loss of the Gaudreau brothers :(

On 8/31/2024 at 4:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Some might think this is the best week of the season when the league gives extra TPE for completing theme related PT tasks but other look at the trade deadline for all the moves to try to figure who is going to lift the cup at the end of the season. So lets discuss:

3.     Who on the Vancouver Wolves should be trade by the end of the week or the trade deadline and why?

5.     Do you think the Vancouver Wolves will make any moves at this season trade deadline?

6.     Sad News hearing about what happened to the Gaudreau brothers so what do you remember the most about either one of them?

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Beketov@leafsman@Subject056@Scurvy@ScottyP@traphag@Smarch@Thunder@Girts@KaleebtheMighty

1) 7.5 - solid memories of watching nhl faves growing up. Hard to come up with stuff. 
2) it’s tough…and a lot to work through and learn. I’d say just ask questions and lean on the locker room. 
3) Sharky! Haha nah, nobody, like our squad…just need to get the scoring rolling. 
4) Probably Randy Bobandy…he’s tearing it up with 84 points this year…total stud. 
5) I trust Frank and I’m hoping Rip stays off the block! 
6) Only remember watching Johnny Hockey play. Just had silky mits and out together a ton of highlight reel goals. Horrible tragedy for that family. 

I like it. It's open ended enough to be up for interpretation and covers some of the most promising members in the VHL going forward. 

I expect that they earn as much as they can so they can steadily improve since the lack of production early on may be off putting to some but if they keep at it eventually the numbers will go up. 

Soju, but ultimately it will be someone nobody expected as we've under achieved so far this season. But I do believe will still have a very strong team and just need a tweak to the chemistry. 

I would trade for @VattghernCZ but I'm not sure the league will allow trades between the VHL and VHLM. But if they did I'd be all over that. 

Yes, spoiler alert. There will be a trade or two. But what will the trades be? 

Only really know of Johnny. I think his most memorable moment was when Calgary had that dominant season offensively with him, Tkachuk and Lindholm as a line. Too bad that group didn't stick together might have been able to do even more. Only Tkachuk really flourished away from the other two. RIP gone way too young. 

On 8/31/2024 at 5:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

1. I enjoyed the rookie theme as I try to highlight those first generation players weekly so it was. 9/10 for me.

2. To be shit expect 1 or 2 each season. 

3. Riley Martin cause he’s playing like a rookie.

4. Mason Rice?

5. Yes we will trade a 2nd rounder for a defense a I predict.

6 Sad day for everyone involved other than the drunk. Fuck drunk drivers. 

Pardon my French on some questions I am writing this at halftime of a football game so drinks. 

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Last Week of the regular season?

After a very long boring off season the regular season only has a week left or about 10 games so here, we are staring down the playoffs and the end ……

1.     Have the Vancouver Wolve met your expectations this season to date? Why or why not?

2.     Has your own player met your expectations? Why or why not?

3.     After today incident were Malmo player Rave tried to injury Slater; have you or your player ever lose control during a sporting event? Explain?

4.     Toronto & Calgary continue to prove that the VHL has a goaltending issue!! Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain…

5.     Is there any team that you would like to play in the first round or wild card round of the playoffs? Why?

6.     If you had to name the Vancouver Wolves regular season MVP, who and why?

Happy Russell Westbrook GIF by NBA

1.     Have the Vancouver Wolve met your expectations this season to date? Why or why not?

The wolves are stacked with talent.  Maybe I was dreaming too much but I expected us to be so damn good, no one could touch us.

My player is a pussy.  He cant even get into a fight let alone lose.  He doesnt hit and he doesnt block enough shots.  He’s shit.

3.     After today incident were Malmo player Rave tried to injury Slater; have you or your player ever lose control during a sporting event? Explain?

Jake Thunder got called for some weird shit, but I cant remember.  Only time I lost my shit playing was in college on play at the plate.  The runner ran into me, which was fine but he punched me in the stomach too.  Even with the chest protector, it caught me good!!  I didnt drop the ball tho!!  And we won the game.

4.     Toronto & Calgary continue to prove that the VHL has a goaltending issue!! Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain…

I dont know.  I havent paid attention to them.

5.     Is there any team that you would like to play in the first round or wild card round of the playoffs? Why?

I’d like to play Seattle so we can crush them and put them out of their misery.

Logan Ninefingers.  Hes a stud and is dominating in all parts of the game.  

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

After a very long boring off season the regular season only has a week left or about 10 games so here, we are staring down the playoffs and the end ……

1. I thought we would be contending for the top spot in the conference, so right now I would say below expectations.

2. Drafted high, high TPE and just shit. So we’ll below expectations.

3. Martin should lose control on the ice, beats his current skate around for 25 minutes a game doing nothing.

4. A Riga GM back in the earlier VHL days had the thought that a team with a 500 TPE was better than a team with a 1000 TPE goalie, so looks like he was right.

5. I would rather skip the wild card round please.

6. Slater. Switched positions and still leads the way offensively. She’s a keeper. 

Edited by Smarch

7 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

No, not really.    We should be leading the with our talent.  Simon bit us hard

Logan Ninefingers is trash.   Lower on hits, goals, and just about everything else but game winning goals,  that's only thing I'm contributing

Oh yeah,. Just received a game misconduct after after a fight loss.   If feel Rave's pain

I totally agree.  How the F#$ck does a mid goalie dominate for a season.  Something has to give.   No way should this be normal

I truly don't care.   I feel like were the better team regardless of who we face.

Liv Slater for sure

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1) I think expectations were high this season and rightfully so. If Sharky aka Thunder didn’t piss off Simon we would’ve had a better start. Hopefully that’s behind us as we gear up for the playoffs! 
2) I think Rip has met expectations. Would like to see him breakout during the playoffs. 
3) I was playing in a in-line tournament in Vancouver when I was 19…absolutely smoked a dude on an open ice (sport court? lol) hit..got 5 and a game. As I was coming back from the locker room he jumped me outside the rink and tuned me

up pretty good….then later we had beers in the parking lot..good times z 

4) No idea…I agree with whatever Frank thinks. 
5) Seattle, love smashing them. 
6) Liv Slater…total stud this season! 

The Office Christmas Reaction GIF

Playoff time is like Christmas time!!

Are the playoffs like Christmas? Where everyone is excited waiting for the day to finally arrive to race down stairs to see the Christmas tree all lite with present stacked everywhere. Ready to rip into the packages to discover what secrets lie await. But let not kid ourselves sometimes it is the lead up to the playoff that are best part rather than the disappointment of opening the presents to find the item that you really wanted wasn`t included in the final result of opening packages. What I am trying to say someone is going to be disappointed!! Ah, The Playoffs!!

1.     What are your expectations for the Wildcard round between Seattle Bears & Calgary Wranglers? How many games and who wins?

2.     Will you follow the European Conference Wildcard games? Why or why not?

3.     What are your expectations for the series between HC Davos & Warsaw? How many games and who wins?

4.     With a first week bye into the second round; what are you going to do with the few extra days off? Explain…

5.     Vancouver Wolves & Chicago Phoenix in the first round, who wins, how many games and do you like this match-up?

6.     Moscow Menace enter the Playoffs as Victory Cup champions after winning the Continental cup last season. Is the Victory cup curse real and will Moscow be bounced in the first round or will Moscow make the finals again this season? Explain your reasoning ….

season 2 GIF

Lets Go Wolves!!

1.     What are your expectations for the Wildcard round between Seattle Bears & Calgary Wranglers? How many games and who wins?

Seattle in 5

Is there a European conference?

3.     What are your expectations for the series between HC Davos & Warsaw? How many games and who wins?

Davos in 4

4.     With a first week bye into the second round; what are you going to do with the few extra days off? Explain…

Get drunk and find some hookers that Scotty p hasn’t touched

5.     Vancouver Wolves & Chicago Phoenix in the first round, who wins, how many games and do you like this match-up?

Vancouver in 4

6.     Moscow Menace enter the Playoffs as Victory Cup champions after winning the Continental cup last season. Is the Victory cup curse real and will Moscow be bounced in the first round or will Moscow make the finals again this season? Explain your reasoning ….

They are going to make it to the conference finals and then lose because the curse is alive and well but spartan does something to mess with things.

On 9/14/2024 at 1:08 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Are the playoffs like Christmas? Where everyone is excited waiting for the day to finally arrive to race down stairs to see the Christmas tree all lite with present stacked everywhere. Ready to rip into the packages to discover what secrets lie await. But let not kid ourselves sometimes it is the lead up to the playoff that are best part rather than the disappointment of opening the presents to find the item that you really wanted wasn`t included in the final result of opening packages. What I am trying to say someone is going to be disappointed!! Ah, The Playoffs!!

season 2 GIF

Lets Go Wolves!!

1. I expected Seattle to win, which they did.

2. Davos will win, cause they already did.

3. I expect Warsaw to lose.

4. I’m joining thunder for hookers and cocaine. We don’t have piss tests in the VHL, right? 

5. I would hope we win, but playoff time is stressful and anything could happen of course.

6. the curse is like the madden curse, it’s real 50% of the time. 

On 9/14/2024 at 3:08 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

season 2 GIF

Lets Go Wolves!!

1. I'd like to see Calgary win, so let's go with them in 5 games. 

2. Yes I will check em out to see who's playing well 

3. Gotta go with my old team Warsaw, I think they will win but will be close cuz Davos also good. 

4. Gavilrovs will be resting and healing up from the reg season so he can be ready to roll for us 

5. We rule so we will win, in 6, but why you making us pick ourselves, dont jinx us bro lol

6. Moscow meanies will not repeat, gotta be a real special team and get a lot of luck to do that. Once we win one with this group we can def repeat cuz we are incredible, but Moscow wont.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:08 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

season 2 GIF

Lets Go Wolves!!

1) Seattle in 5. 
2) Nah, when we get to the end and face whoever, it ain’t gonna matter. Gonna be in beast mode. 
3) No clue…focused on mental reps and making sure I don’t let sharky and scurvy down. 
4) Just nose to the grindstone, hard work and dedication…and whiskey. 
5) Van all day everyday…feeling good about the momentum we have from the end of the year..let’s ride! 
6) I think the curse isn’t real, but I predict Moscow will not make it back to the finals. 

Seattle should win and deserves to win. Time for these teams with sub 500 tpe goalies to drop like flys. And that's the last and only nice thing I say about Seattle. 

Yes last seasons cup winner came out of the EU wildcard. I was surprised Davos finished Warsaw off in 4 games.

I thought Warsaw would win in 5 and Simon would make Dilson a sim darling early on but nope Davos won in 4 and Warsaw's regular season carried over to the playoffs. 

Looking over our lines make sure I didn't over look any weaknesses that will be exposed in the first two games. 

God I hope we win I don't give a damn how many games. 

6.     Moscow Menace enter the Playoffs as Victory Cup champions after winning the Continental cup last season. Is the Victory cup curse real and will Moscow be bounced in the first round or will Moscow make the finals again this season? Explain your reasoning ….

Moscow beats Davos. Not sure shat happens after that. 

10 hours ago, Frank said:

1. Seattle has it I believe.  And I want to face Seattle soon anyway.

2. I did follow and was surprised Warsaw lost too.  I thought they had a pretty decent club.

3. I picked Warsaw but Davos fooled me.  

4. Try to earn TPE to improve skating a bit before games

5. Vancouver in 6 

6. I think Moscow is the club to beat for sure.  The curse is real but I think Moscow has the team to beat the curse really.  Although they lose to Vancouver in 7 with a GWG by Riley Martin