S63 WJC Index

Banackock

Bumped and updated. Sorry for the delay folks, I am the newb at simming so it's taken some time for me to figure out the ropes. Even after I had everything last night was still some complications. But have no fear, rosters are up and we should be good to go. Just like last season each team will play each other twice, combining for a total of 8 games during the round robin, before we move into the medal round. Just like last season the medal round index won't feature the Bronze medal game. 

If GM's have any roster issues let me know, otherwise feel free to send me in lines and we'll get this thing underway as soon as I've got the lines in. :cheers: 

• Devise unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

wait are we doing a legit client file? my bad

All good, I'll give you till tomorrow to get in lines since I got the index up late. As mentioned in the thread send the lines to me at my address instead of the usual VHL sim one. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, Devise said:

All good, I'll give you till tomorrow to get in lines since I got the index up late. As mentioned in the thread send the lines to me at my address instead of the usual VHL sim one. Thanks. 

oh for fucks sake i sent it to the normal VHL

17 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

@Devise was more wondering when to expect the client to be updated to set lines for the 4v5 game

You can just send me your line file instead and I'll input it. There won't be an index until I've simmed the games, as I'll be creating a new index for the Medal round. 

3 hours ago, Nykonax said:

@Devise my lines are the same, except 4th pair defense which should be Rasputinov-Komarov, still want me to resend?

Nope I made that switch already based on your email. You were the only one who didn't send in lines the "right" way btw. But your a bit newer at this. You just sent me text lines, in the future you can download a client version of STHS that is like a "lite" version of it. It allows you to set lines, and you can save your lines to file and then you get a .shl file that you can send over. But you don't need to do that as I have your changes completed. This is more, hey for the future if/when you GM, this is what you do. :) 

49 minutes ago, Devise said:

Nope I made that switch already based on your email. You were the only one who didn't send in lines the "right" way btw. But your a bit newer at this. You just sent me text lines, in the future you can download a client version of STHS that is like a "lite" version of it. It allows you to set lines, and you can save your lines to file and then you get a .shl file that you can send over. But you don't need to do that as I have your changes completed. This is more, hey for the future if/when you GM, this is what you do. :)  

I see, I'll do that next time, did not know. Sorry for the extra work ?

@Devise Why haven't TPE updates been pulled in since the tournament begun? For example; Brick Wahl, Dan Wilinsky, etc. have earned 20+ since the tourney even started.

3 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

@Devise Why haven't TPE updates been pulled in since the tournament begun? For example; Brick Wahl, Dan Wilinsky, etc. have earned 20+ since the tourney even started.

Would be overly unfair to VHLM players. Updates were pulled in at the start of tournament. But several VHLM players in this tournament are capped at 200 due to the VHLM restrictions. They have more TPE, but their TPA has to stay at 200. Just makes sense to only pull it once at the start of the tournament. If we weren't including VHL players the ratings would get pulled for every sim. 

Edited by Devise

Just now, Devise said:

Would be overly unfair to VHLM players. Updates were pulled in at the start of tournament. But several VHLM players in this tournament are capped at 200 due to the VHLM restrictions. They have more TPE, but their TPA has to stay at 200. Just makes sense to only pull it once at the start of the tournament. If we weren't including VHL players the ratings would get pulled for every sim. 

Brick is a VHLM player though, who has jumped from 134 to 158 . Some players have stepped up their earning since the tourney began in order to strengthen their players potential for their nations. I kept a spreadsheet tracking my players (which I now learned was for nothing) so I could alter my lineup to reward players with more ice time. These sort of things need to be made public to players and GM's so we don't have a false sense of control/expectation. /rant

5 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Brick is a VHLM player though, who has jumped from 134 to 158 . Some players have stepped up their earning since the tourney began in order to strengthen their players potential for their nations. I kept a spreadsheet tracking my players (which I now learned was for nothing) so I could alter my lineup to reward players with more ice time. These sort of things need to be made public to players and GM's so we don't have a false sense of control/expectation. /rant

Apologies if that wasn't known. It just makes sense. While a player going from 135 to 158 would see his increase, it's only relative. Most of the VHL players in this tournament are above 300 TPA already. It's important to note TPA and not TPE. The reason it is unfair isn't because some VHLM players wouldn't be able to gain. It's because at a certain point the VHL players would get even more of an advantage.

Example: Player in VHLM has 185 TPE and applies a 20 TPE update after the tournament has started. Only 15 of that is going to his attributes, the rest has to be banked due to the rules. Meanwhile the 300+ TPE VHL player in the tournament can go to 330 or 350 or however high they want. As there are no restrictions on them applying updates to their attributes past any threshold. 

Ultimately those VHLM players wouldn't ever really see an increase. Even the 134 to 158 you talk about, yes that player would go up that. But several players stuck at 200, would stay at 200. And all the VHL players most of which who earn in this tournament would continue to get to an obliterating level of TPE. Look at USA for example. Two full 200 TPA goalies both with higher than 200 TPE, but despite having a better team than Asia, Asia did well because Pepper their goalie is a VHL player with already over 300 TPE. The more TPE players like Pepper are allowed, the more irrelevant ALL earning on the VHLM front is. The only realistic solution is to either cap the updates, or only allow VHLM player update ratings to be applied. It's something I can absolutely discuss doing for next seasons tournament, but given this was my first time I just stuck with what I knew/thought would be appropriate. 

Edited by Devise