S56 draft recap [1/2]

hedgehog337

hiMjW0U7QCY.jpg

*me soon*

So this is yet another week I wanted to make a big media, but once again I had no desire to do so at the end of the week. And there was the another reason I will only do a usual media. 

Cause I'm a bit drunk. 

So let's talk about S56 draftees. This is going to be the last season for them so you probably already know what I'm going to do now. This draft didn't spawn a lot of stars, but it still might be a memorable one. And the very first player on this list may be the reason of it. 

:sea: 1. GABRIEL McALLISTER

@CowboyinAmerica

And I'm talking about this player. CIA was always grinding hard for TPE and this could make him a record breaker. Right now he has 1550 TPE and we still have a month before this season ends. So he might break Boubs TPE record and he even can break the 1600 TPE mark. Although there are some questions about it. Like, compensation TPE in S58 off-season? Are the experience points counting as TPE too? Anyways, he's very likely the only contender for a HoF spot among S56 draftees. He may never had a blow-out-the-water stats in terms of points, but the HoF commitee can't miss out his great two-way play. Also, he has 10 personal awards, + 2 VHL championships (at this moment) which only soldifies his spot in the VHL history. So yes, 'Cock did what he needed to do and wasn't disappointed with this pick. 

:hel:2. AY AY RON

@boubabi

Ironcally, CIA is about to take a TPE record from this man. Boubs was always known as the TPE whore and Ron was about to become another great player from this member. Unfortunately, this was not bound to happen as he was banned. He had a couple of good seasons in Helsinki, then he was traded to Davos where Tyler changed his position to forward. As of this moment, he lost a considerable ammount of TPE due to regression, but he still is being a reliable player for Toronto. But he may not even be a second best player in this draft. 

:nya: 3. SERGEI KOMAROV

@Gooningitup

The reason why Ron may not even be a second best player in this draft is this man. Komarov was a Goon's attempt to create a HoF player. And while this player likely won't make even the ballot, he was yet another good two-was player. He had a good chance to becoming the best S57 rookie, but lost it to Casey Jones (ironically, he is the career teammate whether he was playing in NY or QUE). He had another solid seasons, especially in S60 where he broke the 100 point mark for the last time. Right now, he's a career +1 PPG player so we can say Goon managed to make a good player who's not only puting bodies into boards. 

:tor: 4. AACKCKQZ KY

@Tagger

Before he made Edwin Preencarnacion, Tagger a.k.a. YEAH! had this player. This was his try to have fun with a completely random player, but unfortunately it didn't last long. After some time, he went inactive and this player didn't do something much in Toronto. It's obvious that he never had good stats either. I'm sure he had more fun with a ''career backup'' in Threencarnacion (he even earned respectable ammount of TPE, 600+)

:col:5. MATTHIEU BOURDON

@Lunaro

For some reason I thought he was a centre then he changed a position to defence. I guess I confused him with someone else (like Thrower). Anyways, Lunaro had some good players in past, but he didn't find enough motivation for this player. He hit 250 something TPE and went inactive. Matthieu was playing for a contender Riga (and Seattle? not sure) in first half of his career, but after S61 he became just another low TPE player for a rebuilding team. 

Then this draft had some players from famous members which ended up with nothing (Ho Lee Fook by @Will or Mr.Shakedown from @Jericho), but there is one player left who could his footprint on the VHL league despite not having much TPE. 

:col:12. AUGUSTUS GLOOP

@evrydayimbyfuglien

He only played three seasons, but he managed to win two Continental Cups (S58 with Riga and S60 with Helsinki). I think he stopped at 230 something TPE make and his stats weren't spectacular, but he was considered as the cap friendly third/fourth defenceman for the contender team. It's a shame, but this player remains as the last more or less reliable player from Evryday. 

The S56 draft re-draft by myself: 

1. Gabriel McAllister - This is very obvious. Lots of personal awards, two Continanteal cups and a good shot at the HoF. The best S56 player by a wide margin. 

2. Ay Ay Ron - He player one more season than Komarov and 7 personal awards are putting him above Goon's player. This is a ''what could have been'' type of a player. Ron vs McA should've been a tense rivalry, but it is what it is. 

3. Sergei Komarov - Good news for the ex(?) Saskatoon GM is his player won't fall behind a third spot despite not winning a championship or a VHL personal award. He's too soild for that. 

4. Augustus Gloop - Probably a weird re-draft by me, but two championships makes his career more soild. 

5. Matthieu Bourdon - Despite of having a full career, he never won any championships and his best season (69 points in last season) doesn't means much since he did it in a rebuilding NY. 

6. Aackckqz Ky - the only thing he will remembered for is being a randomized player. Could've been more interesting if Tagger stuck with this player to make a defensive version of Kiaskov. 

7. Brienne O'Tarth - At least he played in the VHL league. Thanks you, Toronto. 

Well, my S56 draft recap is coming to an end. I think I did a good job with this considering I'm still drinking at this moment and I spent multiple hours on creating this thread. And don't even at me on visual part. 

That's it and I'm out. 

6x2=12 TPE goes to Kallis

29.10 - 04.11

05.11 - 11.11

Sergei Komarovs lack of awards is due to the era he came in during Cornerstone, and by the time he was ready to take the mantle McAllister was a TPE whore. Its disapointing to realize that given im on my last player my best had to come at a time with 2 of argueable the best players in VHL history

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

Ron is a HOFer I reckon, was best dman for 2-3 seasons.

What's the TPE record? Wasn't it 1400 so McAllister already beat it I thought.

May not have good stats enough for HoF imo.

And I think the record was 1580 somthing TPE, idk.

• 1 month later...