HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Still a lot of games left! Which player on our team has been impressing you the most so far this season thus far?

Summers keeps amazing me!

2. What is your player’s preferred number?

3. For graphics, which NHL player represents your player/who is your preferred player render?

4. Which is more crucial to the success of a team: offense or defense?

Defense.

5. What are your thoughts on the league’s TPE earning system? Is there something you would add or change?

I thinks it's fine, not much to change or add. Been working fine for years now.

6. Will you be buying NHL 24?

no. waiting for them to be available on PC, finally.

7. What other sports do you watch other than hockey?

I don't watch other sports very often, but when I do, it's most of then football.

8. Have you ever traveled internationally? If so, to what countries?

Sweden and Spain (Gran Canaria)

Personnaly I prefer the #9. I don't care if my player wore the 17 like Anderson do in real life. 

3. For graphics, which NHL player represents your player/who is your preferred player render?

Just have to look at my profile picture and my signature. My boy Josh Anderson!

For success it's defense. In my opinion, it's not even close. But it's way more fun for everyone when there is a lot of goals.

Until they make it for PC, not gonna happen sadly...

Tennis from time to time. Formula 1 even if it's not a «sport». Super Bowl obviously and the NBA finals.

Not yet, but I wish! Probably going to Europe or Scandinavia first.

On 9/4/2023 at 11:39 AM, kirbithan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of September 3rd 2023 - September 10th 2023

1. Still a lot of games left! Which player on our team has been impressing you the most so far this season thus far?

5. What are your thoughts on the league’s TPE earning system? Is there something you would add or change?

Reveal hidden contents

1. Skor McFleury. Leading a team this deep in scoring as a defenseman is no mean feat. 

3. I don't use one NHL player because I swap their head to be Shatner.

5. I'd change the amount of time I have to do graphics (increase it).

6. No. I usually pick the best one from the past few years up and coast with that for a few years. 

7. I'm actually more of a football fan, I just find hockey is better for sim leagues, due to the large number of games played and the small number of positions. 

8. I've been to the US, UK, France and Spain. Technically I've been to Portugal, but it was just a connection. 

Week Of September 10th 2023 - September 17th 2023

1. We are halfway through the season! Any thoughts about our performance thus far?

2. Should the VHL bring back grading for point tasks? Why or why not?

3. What can the league do to further incentivize activity and content creation from users?

4. Who do you predict will be the VHL’s top scorer at the end of this season?

5. Do you believe putting TPE into leadership has any effect on the sim engine? 

6. Would you ever consider GMing or AGMing?

7. Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

8. In the Star Wars universe, would you be part of the Jedi Order or the Sith?

1. We are halfway through the season! Any thoughts about our performance thus far?

Not good enough. Sims have been meh lately, need to pick it up and get catch on fire!

It'd be cool to see it comeback. Back in the day the grading was strict!

3. What can the league do to further incentivize activity and content creation from users?

I don't know who this Todd Cooke guy is, but he has such a demanding 10 point lead, so he has it pretty much locked down.

This has been much discussed many many times over, iirc it has some effect. but idk tbh.

I GM'd Davos once. Didn't last long.

Neither. The grey middle lol

The start of the season was tough for us, but was expected after our Cup win. But now we are doing great and back for the first place race.

Todd Cooke will be really hard to pass at the top, considering LA are first in their division and he have a 7 pts lead.

Since nobody have points in it, I don't think it will have an effect in our league (except if they put like 50 pts in it lol).

Nope, already doing it in another league, don't have time for more.

One opponnent so often the best option, so I will go with the big one.

The Jedi. I'm a good guy, what more can I say hahaha!

On 9/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of September 10th 2023 - September 17th 2023

Reveal hidden contents

1. I was hoping to score more goals. Wanted to go out with a scoring trophy. 

2. The pt where you'd get 1 tpe for reviewing a PT? Is that gone?

5. I ran some tests. Basically, if one team has leadership and the other does not, but they're others identical, it will produce a small advantage that doesn't justify the investment.  TBH, I'd make it something like experience where players accumulate out over time for things like fights,  GWGs and shot blocks. 

6. Man, I have a three year old and a one year old. Never say never, but never. 

7. One horse- sized duck. I don't think the duck design would scale well to larger size. 

8. Well, I'm not completely amoral and obsessed with power or revenge, so Jedi. Old man moment: before the prequels, the Jedi made a little more sense. They could get married and Yoda wasn't a kindergarten teacher. 

Week Of September 17th 2023 - September 24th 2023

1. We have been crushing it as of late! Will we catch up to Prague by the end of the season?!

2. Davos legend James Teekirque will be leaving us at the end of the season and riding off into the sunset for retirement. Describe him in one word!

3. In your opinion, what was the most shocking trade of the deadline?

4. What are your thoughts about this season’s theme week theme?

5. Do you feel Connor Bedard will live up to the hype after his preseason outings with the Chicago Blackhawks thus far?

6. Do you participate in any fantasy sports (hockey, football, basketball, etc.)?

7. What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?

8. What is your dream car?

Edited by kirbithan

1. We have been crushing it as of late! Will we catch up to Prague by the end of the season?!

YES. WE. WILL. GO DAVOS GO

2. Davos legend James Teekirque will be leaving us at the end of the season and riding off into the sunset for retirement. Describe him in one word!

Superb!

What is Fake Purple doing

5. Do you feel Connor Bedard will live up to the hype after his preseason outings with the Chicago Blackhawks thus far?

Sure. tough to call how he does, but he will do a fine job.

6. Do you participate in any fantasy sports (hockey, football, basketball, etc.)?

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey! Not to brag, but I'm Diamond ranked :) im in the vhl keeper league, which is very enjoyable and a great time

Not sure if I understand the meaning of "guilty pleasure" food, but I guess uunimakkara and kermaperunat counts?

21 hours ago, kirbithan said:

1.  With the streak that Davos has going on right now, I think you will get to Prague for sure.  May the best streak win!

4.  It was a weird theme week.  It was filled with some jokey posts which is nice but then also had some posts by some people who were truly bitter which is not so great.

5.  I think Bedard will take a bit to acclimate to the bigger and faster league but that is to be expected.  By mid season I expect we will see some amazing stuff though!

6.  I do!  A couple fantasy leagues, one is just with my Dad though.  A fun way to track some of our favorite players and then rub our wins in each other's face!

7.  Chocolate Icecream with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips!  Come up with any excuse as to why I deserve it lol

8.  1986 Toyota MR2.  Blue!  It was the first car I ever bought and I had to sell it when I went off to University.  A 2 seater is not practical in the long run!

I like to poke around other teams press conferences to see what's up and I really like that you give 8 questions!  Very cool!

On 9/18/2023 at 2:02 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of September 17th 2023 - September 24th 2023

Reveal hidden contents

1. I think so. We might even do it today. 

2. In a word: Contrafilatinulous.

3. I didn't follow super close, but the Prague trade seemed... odd.

6. I've been in the same fantasy hockey league since my second year of university (14 years).

7. Gummy candies. The chewier the better. 

8. I'm not really a dream car kind of person. If I got a "dream car" I'd probably sell it.

I really hope so! Can't say what changed 25 games ago, but man we've been in fire lately and I don't want it to stop.

It's not a trade that shocked me, is that we didn't make one :P

I don't think he will get Crosby number, but around 70-80 pts should be doable for him.

Not really, I got a fantasy with some friend, but I don't do fansaty in other sports.

Poutine with pulled pork and BBQ sauce. 

Audi R8. Don't really know why, it's just when I see one (one time in real life I think?) I'm like yooo I want one!

Week Of September 24th 2023 - October 1st 2023

1. Already near the end of the S90 regular season! Will we secure the Victory Cup?!

2. Why do people keep underestimating the power of DAVID?

3. If your player could win one VHL award, which would it be and why?

4. Imagine that you have been put in charge of adding a new team to the league! What would your ideal VHL team be named and what would its logo look like?

5. If you participated in VHFL this season, how has your team fared thus far?

6. Alfred Champagne has crushed his previous season high in points! How would you describe the impact he’s made on the team this season?

7. Which point task is your favorite out of: media spots, graphics, and podcasts?

8. Is there anything about the VHL that still confuses you or that you have questions about?

1. Already near the end of the S90 regular season! Will we secure the Victory Cup?!

YES!!!!

I honestly have no idea. I think it's very obvious that DAVID is OP!

Probably the defunct Best Leader award or whatever it was called. @Phil just kept winning it over and over, he like won it automatically because he won already so many times in a row.

4. Imagine that you have been put in charge of adding a new team to the league! What would your ideal VHL team be named and what would its logo look like?

Bring back Turku!!!! Vancouver will move to Quebec eventually, not worried about that anymore.

6. Alfred Champagne has crushed his previous season high in points! How would you describe the impact he’s made on the team this season?

Massive impact, he stepped up when it was needed and he has been crucial to our success this season.

7. Which point task is your favorite out of: media spots, graphics, and podcasts?

Podcast, I don't do any other media spots.

8. Is there anything about the VHL that still confuses you or that you have questions about?

I really hope we can reproduce our playoffs run like last season! We can win it again!

I wish I knew. Too bad for them, won't win their predictions ;)

The MVP of the season is the best award in my opinion. So I would go with this one, but the Victory Cup is the only one that matter.

Bring back a team in Québec! With the same logo :)

Like he's finally doing something hahaha! Wish he was able to produce like that in the previous season, but it's really good to see how he's going in S90.

I don't do graphics nor podcast, so will go with media spots lol

Not really no. Not that complicated after a while, but at first yeah.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of September 24th 2023 - October 1st 2023

Reveal hidden contents

1. Yes. Don't ask me how I know. 

2. People are fools that look to other names like Daniel or Donald. 

3. I always wanted to win the Brooks, since I like shooters. That ship has sailed.

6. Sweet and bubbly with a gentle aftertaste. 

7. I've always preferred graphics. I find it hard to pick up writing articles if interrupted and podcasts require too much interrupted time. 

8. I'm confused as to why the VHLE is still there. 

Week Of October 1st 2023 - October 8th 2023

1. We have broken another record-long drought by securing the Victory Cup! Will we continue our curse-breaking streak?

2. What are your thoughts on the VHL’s uncapped TPE opportunities (fantasy zone, holiday donation drives, VHFL, etc.)? Should there be more opportunities to earn TPE similar to these?

3. Spooky season is upon us now that it’s October! What will your player do to celebrate Halloween this year?

4. Predict how many Davos players will take home awards this offseason!

5. What were your player’s stats to end the season? 

6. Are you following the VHL’s official accounts on social media?

7. Are you interested in playing the new Mortal Kombat game?

8. What is the first song that comes up when you shuffle your playlist?

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of October 1st 2023 - October 8th 2023

1. We have broken another record-long drought by securing the Victory Cup! Will we continue our curse-breaking streak?

2. What are your thoughts on the VHL’s uncapped TPE opportunities (fantasy zone, holiday donation drives, VHFL, etc.)? Should there be more opportunities to earn TPE similar to these?

3. Spooky season is upon us now that it’s October! What will your player do to celebrate Halloween this year?

Reveal hidden contents

1. We are the most dominant team in the league. There can be no doubt. 

2. It's a careful balance. The cap keeps the league fun for the casuals, or the max earners would be too dominant. I wouldn't mess with it. 

3. He'll be long time by then, so I guess he'll be a ghost. 

6. I think I follow the Twitter account? I don't see it much.

7. I've never been all that big on Fighting games. 

8. The Captain Picard Song

yes. we. will! letsgooooo

I'd love more uncapped TPE, but I'm okay with how it is now.

My player's best season yet, massive improvement offensively.

Twitter, yup! I also run a Davos fan twitter account, but I've kinda left it in the dust... havent done anything with it in a long while.

games like mortal kombat are not for me, so no. never enjoyed them.

Buck Dich - Rammstein. tbh it's all Rammstein songs.

Why not? We have the team to win it all so we can do it!

By doing a little party with some teammates. The family is still in France so friends have priority in this time of the year.

If we win the Continal Cup, can I say everyone? :P

35 goals, 40 assists, 75 points, 384 shots, 237 PIM, and 288 hits - all career high!

I don't play the game since I don't own a console, so that's not likely that I will try it.

The entire playlist of NHL 2004. So much good songs!

Week Of October 8th 2023 - October 15th 2023

1. When the VHL playoff sims happen, do you check individual game scores first or go straight to the playoff bracket section?

2. What do you think differentiates Davos’ success from the other teams in the league?

3. Who should be considered our “Most Improved Player” this season?

4. Which shot is more difficult for a goaltender to stop: a wrist shot or a slapshot?

5. The NHL regular season is finally upon us! Who are you cheering for?

6. Tell us one interesting/fun fact about yourself that we may not know already!

7. Who is your all-time favorite athlete? (doesn’t have to be hockey-related!)

8. Do you collect anything (trading cards, vinyls, games, etc.)?

Edited by kirbithan

1. When the VHL playoff sims happen, do you check individual game scores first or go straight to the playoff bracket section?

Game scores first. Most of the time.

2. What do you think differentiates Davos’ success from the other teams in the league?

DAVID!

4. Which shot is more difficult for a goaltender to stop: a wrist shot or a slapshot?

in the modern game, wrist shot

GO HABS GOOOOOO

6. Tell us one interesting/fun fact about yourself that we may not know already!

Olli Jokinen, Carey Price, Saku Koivu, Dany Heatley

I've started to collect NHL jerseys, among other things. I also have my own jerseys of my junior hockey years. My nhl jersey collection has been growing slowly and conseratively, but surely.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:23 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of October 8th 2023 - October 15th 2023

Reveal hidden contents

1. I'm too vain to go to the bracket. I need to know my stats. 

2. Well, our success comes with ending a historical drought. 

4. Really depends. Do they see it? Is it tipped? Is it well aimed?

5. Pittsburgh, as in all sports. 

7. Evgeny Malkin. I have a thing for Russians with soft hands. 

8. Hats. From different places, times, events. I just like hats. 

The game first! That way I can see if my player did good or not firstly. After that the score of the series.

Me lol! First time getting the point per game and a 30 goals season. Lot of penalties and fights, but they are part of the game too!

I think a wrist shot get you more precision so you can choose where to shot the puck. 

Pittsburgh is my team, but I follow the Canadiens too because they are almost in my city.

Since Crosby entered the QMJHL, I've followed his career and I can say that he's been the best player to play in junior and NHL that I've seen live.

Not really, don't like buying stuff hahaha! I have some hockey cards, but nothing too valuable.