HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of July 7th 2024 - July 14th 2024

1. The Continental Cup playoffs are fully underway! Predictions for who will lift the Cup?

2. Now that we have officially entered the offseason here in Davos, what are you most looking forward to next season?

3. Antonia Bucatini led rookies in scoring this season with an incredible 93 points, the most by a rookie in the more recent era of goaltending dominance! How would you describe her impact on Davos’ offense?

4. Opinion on the World Juniors (WJC) and World Cup of Hockey (WCH) tournaments? Is there anything you would change about the teams, format, etc.?

5. Do you think the leadership attribute has any effect on results in sims?

6. Is there a fun fact you have about yourself that your teammates and GMs should know?

7. One of the recent NHL trades that shocked me was Buffalo dealing Matt Savoie to Edmonton in exchange for Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio. Who do you believe won this trade?

8. Would you rather go to a sporting event or a concert?

1) I have to root for London, give Jacob one last cup before stepping down.

2) I am looking forward to coming up to Davos and playing in the VHL again

3) Kind of a rhetorical question, a 93 point rookie obviously had a significant positive impact on the Team.

4) No I am fine with them as they are.  

5) From what I have been told the leadership attribute has some impact but only if the trait is on the captains and the captains are loaded into the STHS system.  Since most teams don't load their captains they see 0 impact.

6) I'm not fun, so no fun facts.

7) The other 30 teams in the league won this trade.  Might as well be discussing the trading of practice pucks.

8 ) Sporting event, but only hockey.

1. The Continental Cup playoffs are fully underway! Predictions for who will lift the Cup?

Toronto? why not. Toronto wins.

2. Now that we have officially entered the offseason here in Davos, what are you most looking forward to next season?

Improvement from this season. My player retiring. :(

3. Antonia Bucatini led rookies in scoring this season with an incredible 93 points, the most by a rookie in the more recent era of goaltending dominance! How would you describe her impact on Davos’ offense?

What an entrance in to the big leagues, huh? Impressive. I'm glad she's on our team! And to think she'll only get better!

4. Opinion on the World Juniors (WJC) and World Cup of Hockey (WCH) tournaments? Is there anything you would change about the teams, format, etc.?

If it's any effect at all, it's very very negligible.

6. Is there a fun fact you have about yourself that your teammates and GMs should know?

7. One of the recent NHL trades that shocked me was Buffalo dealing Matt Savoie to Edmonton in exchange for Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio. Who do you believe won this trade?

It depends how Savoie turns out. But I think Edmonton will win this in due time.

If it's hockey, then yes 100 times over. Some random motorsport over Rammstein concert? Yeah no way in hell lmao. Any music event I'm willing are very limited, there's like 3 bands I wanna see live.

I think Moscow is going to pull through and win it all because Vancouver was eliminated early and they were the ones who were supposed to win it all.

Playing games in the VHL and starting a new rivalry with David Jokinen @Ahma just so that Trueno has someone he can pay attention to.

As I predicted in my predictors, I anticipate her to be the rookie of the year and to provide me with 1 TPE prediction points.  Other than that, I hope she sucks when she plays Vancouver.  She can kick ass against any other team.

It’d be nice to see the game results in a different format so they were easy for my blind ass to read.

Absolutely.  It makes people wonder if it helps and should they put leadership tpe to their build.

“Should know” absolutely not.  

I think the results will be determined when next season is over.  I know nothing of these players so I am not the one to ask.

It depends on where the sporting event is and where the concert is, plus who I’m there to watch.  As an example, I’d much rather go to see a Taylor Swift concert than  a Pittsburgh Penguin game.  But I’d go to a Red Sox game over a J Geils concert.

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

. Now that we have officially entered the offseason here in Davos, what are you most looking forward to next season?

Playing games in the VHL and starting a new rivalry with David Jokinen @Ahma just so that Trueno has someone he can pay attention to.

good luck! :)

On 7/8/2024 at 12:28 PM, kirbithan said:

1: Chicago all the way! Lionel Collberg is looking great.

2: As sad as Jokinen retiring is going to be, I'm excited to see how he finishes his career.

3: She's proving why she deserves to be the first overall pick in all three drafts. Antonia is a player any team can build around and will play a massive role in Daovs' success.

4: I would like Greenland to get a team while they have a bunch of players. The Greenland training program is going strong.

5: I believe it has a slight role in playoff games. I increased it for Mason Jones and for Lionel Collberg and so far both have had good post seasons.

8: Sporting event. As much as I like live performances, I don’t think they can compare to the rush of watching a hockey game. Especially when it's a close game.

Week Of July 14th 2024 - July 21st 2024

1. In your opinion, what has been the biggest surprise of these S94 playoffs?

2. What are your thoughts on the VHL’s uncapped TPE opportunities (fantasy zone, holiday donation drives, VHFL, etc.)? Should there be more opportunities to earn TPE similar to these?

3. What kind of play style were you aiming for when building your current player?

4. As the VHL becomes 17 years old, what is one thing that a sim league needs to do to survive and thrive for this long?

5. If the VHL were to expand, which city would you like to see receive a team?

6. The Paris Olympics are coming up! Which event are you most looking forward to watching? 

7. What is your favorite sport besides hockey?

8. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?

There were two big surprises.  The first one being that Davos did not make the playoffs.  I never thought Alex would let that happen.  The second was that Vancouver got beat by Toronto.  Toronto is trash!

2. What are your thoughts on the VHL’s uncapped TPE opportunities (fantasy zone, holiday donation drives, VHFL, etc.)? Should there be more opportunities to earn TPE similar to these?

Absolutely!  How else is my player going to get better. 12 tpe a week just doesnt cut it.

3. What kind of play style were you aiming for when building your current player?

I wanted my player to be a bad ass hitter and shot blocker, and if he got in any fights, he bashed the shit out of people, only so far my player is nothing but a big pussy.  Things gotta change if I’m gonna be able to talk trash with @Ahma, otherwise I’m gonna be beat up by him all the time.

4. As the VHL becomes 17 years old, what is one thing that a sim league needs to do to survive and thrive for this long?

Have some really good people in charge like there is now.

I think Christmas, Indiana would be a good place for a team so that they could be the Christmas Candy Canes, and there could be all kinds of shit going on with that team.

6. The Paris Olympics are coming up! Which event are you most looking forward to watching? 

I haven’t thought about the Olympics at all.  I’m not a fan of disloyalty to your country and those who dont have respect for their country.  If I do watch anything it will be until something pisses me off or there are too many commercials.  

Football is and has always been my favorite sport; however, I’m best at baseball unfortunately for me.

Oh geez, I cannot remember the last movie I saw at the theaters.  It was before Covid and I’m pretty sure it was at a Cinebar, because after going to there once, I’ve become a fan of going there so that I can drink alcohol, have gourmet popcorn, and sit in recliner chairs.  I wish I could remember the name of the last movie tho.

1. I haven’t paid much attention to be honest but I know Toronto is in win now mode

2. making my VHL debut with NYA

3. instant impact from the rookie it’s clear davos has a star to build around for years

5. maybe in the playoffs not sure it has a impact for the regular season but it’s interesting to think about 

7. Buffalo has so many prospects that someone needed to go but I was surprised to see it was Savoie he’ll probably be a star in Edmonton now 

8. sporting event easy decision I like both but definitely a sports event 

4 hours ago, kirbithan said:

2. It's good to have something else to do, but I would not give too much to unbalanced things.

3. It's his first season so I'm aiming for a offensive defenseman that can score and also not be a defensive liability. 

4. Keep a good bunch of people active and the league management have to be strong.

5. I will nominate my city, but Québec and Montreal should be in the league.

6. Don't really have a specific event, but I will be watching for sure!

8. The Grand Tourismo movie! Was good and I didn't know ow it was a true story!

London getting swept

Defense focused defenseman with a scoring touch.

Creative recruitment and great community.

Move Vancouver back to Quebec first, then bring back Cologne Express to VHL.

Ooo, tough one, many interesting sports. Beach volleyball,

Football. The Euros just finished and Spain won!

Dune part 2. Saw it 3 times in theaters in total

Props to Riga, I'll admit that I didn't see it coming. Not only taking out Malmo but even getting up on Moscow like they currently are is spectacular.

I think it's good as is honestly. There's always the danger of TPE inflation, as well as being too complex for new people to handle. I think where it's at right now is a good balance.

Mostly shooting for an overall playmaker who can make everybody on the team better. Whether it's adapting to a scoring bruiser like Ironhide or a passer like Content, hoping to fit to all.

I mean, it's unprecedented to go this long so it's tough to say. But overall, as long as having fun is the north star and you're not falling to infighting, you'll be fine.

We'll see what happens with the E in future seasons, but any chance that Vasteras makes a return to the big leagues? No, just me? Alright then.

Basketball's always been a favorite sport, but there's so much parity on the world stage these days. Even outside the US, matchups like the Spain/Canada/Australia/Greece group are going to be much watches.

On 7/14/2024 at 7:52 PM, kirbithan said:

1: Maybe a bit Biased but Chicago making it was a surprise. We had to go on a bit of a winning streak just to sneak in.

2: I think I like them being rare events. It makes it more unique and fun.

3: Most of the top defenders in this league have high passing. I'm attempting to prove that a Passing defender can win awards.

4: I think the community is what decides if a Sim league survives. We have great people and I can always find someone to talk to about fun things. I think we also Handle toxic players appropriately for the most part which helps.

5: I would want the JST Steel team to be made an official team. I can't think of a city though so I'll go with my Hockey Nation team the Charlottetown Vanquishers.

7: I've been getting into baseball weirdly enough. It's pretty interesting but I'm not super invested like I am for Hockey.

I think the opportunities are great. Fantasy zone is a quick way to gain some TPE without much effort.

I want to be a two-way playmaker. If I contribute more goals than assists, I will be happy with that as well.

There needs to be community buy-in. Members should want complete their PT to create interest and fun stories that add to the history of the league. I think that is why the VHL has done so well.

I'm not sure, maybe expanding to more continents? I really like the spread that we have right now.

I like the gymnastics. I find it so impressive that people can move at those speeds and have so much control.

Curling. It's calming and really lends well to my analytical mind.

On 7/15/2024 at 2:52 AM, kirbithan said:

1. I think Moscow being in the cup final

2. I think they are plenty, i dont think we need more

3. Just a great goalie

6. Pole Vault and running!

7. Baseball!

8. Mad Max Furiosa

That Davos is not in playoffs, it is crazy with Grimgor on that team.

I think everything does the job it is supposed to, overall though, I would like to see a bit of a rework for the fantasy zone.

To be Grimgor Ironhide. The great green menace. The only Orc in VHL. That is my build.

Strong backbone of older members who keep the league on the line and pushing forward, while constant movement of younger/newer members adding flavour to the league.

We need a team in Greece and a team in Alaska. Both are killer places. 

Beach Volleyball, need to see my latvian ladies dominate.

1. Moscow actually winning 

2. I like the opportunity’s we have i don’t think there should be any more added unless one mentioned above gets taken away 

3. a defensively responsible sniper is the simplest way I can put it 

4. a sim league needs good leadership to survive this long and by the fact it’s still here the VHL has that

5. Boston needs a team i don’t care if it’s a M team there should be a team in Boston 

6. I’m not excited for a specific event, I’m just overall excited to be able to watch the Olympics 

1. I never thought Seattle would go down so easily. 

2. I think it's at a good level. You don't want to create too big of a gap between the max earners and casual players. 

3. Lots of saves and few goals. 

4. There needs to be a large enough engaged user base that got can cycle through volunteers without burning them out. 

5. Prague (OH, SNAP!)

7. Hockey is my second favorite sport, after gridiron football. 

Don't why I didn't do this one last week but well I'm doing it haha!

2. To the start of my VHLE career! The VHLM is fun, but I don't like being capped so hopefully I will have a good season!

3. It was fantastic to see her having so much success! I knew she had skills because she was pick first overall, but wow leading all rookies with almost 100 pts is amazing.

4. Don't really know about it, with my last player I'm not sure I played one time in the World Cup... the WJC is nice for new user or young player to have something to do in the off season.

5. I wish the answer to that question was yes, but I don't think so.

7. For now McLeod is a NHL player and Savoie is not. So for next season, Buffalo might won the trade, but if Savoie develop into the player he is suppose to be, Edmonton win that trade any day of the way.

8. Sports event 100%. I'm not the biggest fan of concert.

Week Of July 21st 2024 - July 28th 2024

1. Thoughts on the result of the Continental Cup final between Toronto and Moscow?

2. Are you participating in any offseason tournaments this time around?

3. Besides Davos, which VHL logo do you think is the best and why?

4. If the VHL had an All-Star game, should rosters be decided by fantasy draft or by conference?

5. Was the VHL the first sim league you ever joined? If not, what was your first?

6. The offseason is off to a rocketing start! Thoughts on Davos’ moves so far by acquiring Ben Laas and UghSike?

7. Which prospect would you most like to see come to Davos in the S95 draft?

8. What do you wish to see from your player next season?

5 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of July 21st 2024 - July 28th 2024

1. Thoughts on the result of the Continental Cup final between Toronto and Moscow?

4. If the VHL had an All-Star game, should rosters be decided by fantasy draft or by conference?

5. Was the VHL the first sim league you ever joined? If not, what was your first?

6. The offseason is off to a rocketing start! Thoughts on Davos’ moves so far by acquiring Ben Laas and UghSike?

2. I am! I was in ProAm last season so im running it back again

3. Uuh, i really like Malmo and DC

4. Definetly conference, why change it from how they do it in real life

5. I joined SHL first but VHL came few months after

6. I think they were good moves, getting some help to the lineup

8. I wish to be able to give Davos 30+ wins!

When it was 2-2 and in the latest podcast I predicted Toronto win. Moscow was impressive.

Not my thing, so no.

Cologne Express, will forever be my second favorite VHL logo. The colors scheme is so good.

Fantasy draft would be more interesting, imagine the drama!

VHL is my first sim league yeah.

@Anthique's new player!

Don't suck completely, looking forward to retirement and recreating.

Spartan is a genius and it didnt surprise me that Moscow won.  In fact, its the only prediction point I’m going to get.  

I will participate in anything I can.  i like being involved in the extra curricular activity in the off season, so yes.

By far Vancouver has the best logo.  Even better than Davos.  I’m not saying this just because I am crashing the Davos press conference, but because the Wolves logo is awesome and it brings fear to all other teams.  

I would say by conference and let the GM’s pick their teams.  Also have to include other activities for the players to compete in.

This is the first and only sim league I have joined.  I’m glad I’m in this league and this is a successful league that is amazing.

Im extremely disappointed in Davos acquiring Ben Lass and UghSike because it makes Davos better and Alex is a really good GM who knows what he’s doing so it scares me that he’s making Davos better and will put some more pressure on Vancouver.  But… not to worry because Bollos de Trueno hopes the friendly rivalry between he and David Jokinen will add to the excitement.

I’d like to see Davos select players who will not earn tpe and will peter out, making Davos worse off!!

I want my player to stop being a pussy and to hit opponents, block shots, and create goal scoring opportunities for his teammates.  Oh, it would be nice to fight Jokinen. Although I’m pretty sure @Ahma is going to smash my face in.  But that’s OK, cuz Ahma is a fav of mine.  

49 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Oh, it would be nice to fight Jokinen. Although I’m pretty sure @Ahma is going to smash my face in.  But that’s OK, cuz Ahma is a fav of mine.

David Jokinen is an old man, close retirement next season, you'll beat me up no doubt!

6 minutes ago, Ahma said:

David Jokinen is an old man, close retirement next season, you'll beat me up no doubt!

Well then I dont want trueno to fight an old man….  Guess we’ll just have to shake hands!!

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Well then I dont want trueno to fight an old man….  Guess we’ll just have to shake hands!!

Like gentlemen, firm handshakes!

but don't worry, my next player will be coming to VHL ASAP! ;)