Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

On 10/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 10th, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. In the last week we've added several players from waivers, what impact do you expect them to have this season?

2. Currently we sit in 9th place in the league and are trending in the right direction, are you happy with the team's performance?

3. We're officially 1/4 of the way through the season, what player on the roster has impressed you the most?

4. What team do you think is our biggest rival and why?

5. What team has been the biggest surprise to you this season?

6. How has your player been performing so far?

7. What song should be our goal song?

8. Is water wet?

9. What is one thing the VHLM or myslef could improve upon?

1. Well, being one of those new players I hope to make an impact on the ice and in the locker room. I’m looking forward to getting to know my new teammates and helping push for the playoffs.

2. We’re trending in the right direction, and since coming here we’ve managed to jump back into a playoff spot. Plenty of season left though, can’t get complacent, gotta see it out til the end.

4. I’d say Halifax, they’ve been nipping at our heels in the standings in my experience so far. 

6. Well, through 6 games I have 1G 4A (5P), and a 60.92% FO, which I’m pretty proud of so far honestly. 

7. Someone else said spooky scary skeletons, and I couldn’t agree more. 

8. Water is wet, next question please.

9. Honestly I don’t have any suggestions so far. I’m still pretty new and I’ve had a bit of a mentor in Mason Jones, but everyone has been quite welcoming! 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:35 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 10th, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. In the last week we've added several players from waivers, what impact do you expect them to have this season?

2. Currently we sit in 9th place in the league and are trending in the right direction, are you happy with the team's performance?

3. We're officially 1/4 of the way through the season, what player on the roster has impressed you the most?

8. Is water wet?

I thank you for your questions. Let's begin:

1. We are doing well as a team, now that GM has removed players who played like robots. Now new players come in, actually care about game. Put heart into game. Win game.

2. I see that team seeks to, as they say, "not be last". I feel we do that well with new players. Perform like we want to contend. Who knows, maybe we go for shiny cup after all.

3. The one they call George "Senditson" Sanderson ( @spicy_gecko), because all he does is "send it, son". I call ourselves el pollo loco, por que cuando comes el pollo, no esperas que el pollo te muerda.

4. They all are our biggest rival. At this point in time, there is no team that we can say is our friend in this fight. We have a goal to bring honor upon ourselves. Our relationship with other teams is an obstacle to our objective.

6. I feel that I have been at the peak of my performance thus far. Now that I understand how to avoid, what you say dekes, I am less tricked now. Normally I would see them going left, then go right. I too would go right, but then, they would go left at the last moment. I would feel ashamed. Now, I also go left. Now they are the ones who will feel ashamed.

7. That is an easy one:

Edited by Vice

We have a pretty stacked roster and I hope every player will make an impact according to their role.

Coming from the Hounds that is a big improvement (no offence to the Hounds or their management). I think everything is possible if you reach the playoffs (which we have realistic chances to do)

Iaxazluoh

Halifax because we are only a couple of goals apart

The Hounds I really did not expect the rebuild to be so painful for them.

On the scoring side better than I expected being a grinder and all, unfortunately it was not enough to help the team win games.

Don't fear the reaper (Blue Oyster Cult)

8. Is water wet?

only between 0-100 degrees Centigrade (at sealevel)

cannot think of anything, but I am sure to let you know, should I find something

1. Over the past week we have added several Waivers players. What impact do you expect this season?

As I am one of the new players, I am sure that we will make the playoffs.

2. We are currently in 9th place in the league and are going in the right direction. Are you satisfied with the team's performance?

As far as I can tell, yes. The Reapers have improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

3. We officially have a quarter of the season behind us. Which player in the squad impressed you the most?

Phew there are a few. But Cadmael Ixazaluoh is having a great season. As a defender top scorer and my toughest competitor when it comes to blocking shots. 😉

4. Which team do you think is our biggest rival and why?

I think the Kings and Halifax at the moment. These are the biggest rivals for a playoff place at the moment.

5. Which team surprised you the most this season?

Clearly the Reapers. They got off to a weak start, but have recovered.

6. How has your player developed so far?

Not bad. But I hope that it will develop faster at the end of October. I have time to make points.

7. Which song should be our target song?

"We're not gonna take it" from the twisted sister

8. Is the water wet?

No, it's gaseous, that's well known.

9. What could the VHLM or myslef improve?

We should have more cheerleaders, or playmates, or better yet, cheerleading playmates

1. In the last week we've added several players from waivers, what impact do you expect them to have this season?

i expect they’ll help us with either our defensive game, or if they’re offensively minded I expect our shots will go up.

yeah given we weren’t expected to contend for a playoff spot, especially with our start I expected we’d have players with great stats but we’d miss out on the playoffs, now it’s looking like we could make it.

i think mason jones has been quite solid, you could argue that Ixazaluoh has had the more impressive season given he’s on defense.

It’s got to be Halifax maybe even Mississauga, I think they’re pretty close to us in the standings and I think it’s important for us to continue to beat them while also getting points on a continuous basis

I’d have to say us. We started out so poorly I figured it would be one of those seasons where I get used to the league and then next season we’d compete for top of the league but we’re in the playoff hunt which has been a pleasant surprise 

I’d say I’ve been pretty solid, was at a point a game pace at one point but 32pts in 37 games is solid, I think my scoring will only improve from here

kernkraft 400 by zombie nation, good song and we know it can be disheartening to hear especially when you watch the bruins play and the song goes hard. Seems to sap morale for the other team

8. Is water wet?

water is a liquid that makes people wet, but on its own it’s just a liquid, so maybe?

i think, I can improve on my discipline, and puck handling, but right now I’m trying to help the team and so defense is my main focus.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:59 AM, Masu Chan said:

image.png.b3923483cc52256a01785049e0533d19.png

1. 4/18 isn’t bad but it could always be better. It would be nice to improve that number seeing as we get quite a few powerplays per sim. It would be good to get our coring up 5v5 too.

2. It’s only 1 win, I’m sure there will be lots of back and forth with 6, 7, 8, and 9th the main thing is getting a playoff spot and I believe we have a good chance of getting one.

3. Well considering I am playing half the game (30mins) sometimes, any more and I might pass out every game.

6. I think you have been doing good. Great interaction in the locker room and these questions are pretty good.

7. Edmonton Oilers, easy.

9. To avoid becoming a McChicken

On 10/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, Masu Chan said:

I thank you for your questions. I will begin:

1. Quite frankly, no. Our powerplay has been underperforming as compared to my expectation. It's disappointing to put a lot of effort into stopping penalties, but not see the same effort when we have it.
  2. I have faith that we will do all we can to make the playoffs. That is our concern.
  3. I do not leave the ice. I merely take small 1-2 minute breaks.
  4. Anything that bleeds, can be killed. We scored 2 and kept them to 5. Our resolve will see us through.
  5. Yes, these Janser boys. An eccentric bunch. Overall, they helped team come together. Need more time, but it seems the longer we get to play together, the better we get.
  6. giphy.gif

¡VAMOS GATOS!

8. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  9. Sounds like someone forgot to lock their door and dinner got out. In my country, if we someone's chicken get's out, we just pick it up and throw it back over the neighbor's wall.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. quite frankly no, I think to be successfull the PP over a season should be around 20-25% efficiency. We have that in some games but not consistently

2. There are still 24 games to be plaid and it is within our power to do it. I believe in this team and am sure we will make the playoffs.

3. I think my player gets enough icetime considering his role and position (and I have never been someone complaining about perceived lack of ice time. Just perform the way the coach has no choice but play you).

4. The last game (game 284) was a tire fire in my point of view. There is no shame attached to lose to the number one team as a botttom four team. I was just surprised that they beat us so thouroughly in all the important stats in that game. Anyways, these are not the games we need to win (though it does feel good if you do) but the games against SSK/MIS/SDM/MEX/HAL... 

5. Since I am one of them (and related to another) I take a raincheck on this question, but I think everyone in the team does his/her best to pull his/her weight

6. I like the questions you ask (as long as you can deal with the answers ;)), and of course I would not know what you did in respect of scouting and how. I think you are doing good so far.

7. Penguins

8. I do not know, I have not looked into the rosters yet, but I rule out Buffalo and Seattle

9. to seek relationship advise from Al...

On 10/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, Masu Chan said:

1. I think our powerplay has been good since the changes, but we lack consistency. We’ll get it done though, we just have to work together as a team and I’m confident in these guys.

2. I believe so, we’ve struggled to find our feet at time (myself definitely included). I have no doubt in my mind this team can make and succeed in the playoffs. 

3. Yeah, I’m feeling good about my ice time. I’ve been feeling myself in the faceoff circle, but I’ve gotta get some points on the board if I want to continue to see said ice time. And that’s what I’m focusing on for myself, but whatever helps my team win games I’m all for.

5. Man, those guys have been tearing it up since joining the team. They’ve been a huge  presence on and off the ice for this team so far, and I’m excited to work with these guys to push for the playoffs.

7. I’m a huge Dallas Stars fan, even though they’ve struggled to find they’re groove so far this season. They’ve had slow starts before and pushed far in the playoffs, so I’m not concerned yet.

8. I’m really hoping this is the year for Toronto, they’re players and fans need it. But with that said, Tampa looks just as strong as they have in the past 2 years so it’s hard not to say it’s gonna be them sadly.

lh0QzFTVCikj_zAgds0j8ObXSyPVXVR8oUgbN53aIz2lqTmQG54KLGk1axc9cFyez5Isv5MSXBqzewREEGknSKlyan4KcKW4kelRVZpvpGdalG8TwzPl3cm-1ArU_bRSSkxz0Nwm=s1600

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 24th, 2021

(You don’t need to answer every single one, just 6 for 2 TPE)

1: The Trade Deadline has passed and we've acquired multiple players from Free Agency. How do you feel about our recent sim with our new players?

2:What have you enjoyed most about being a Reaper?

3:We're not far from the end of the season. Who do you think has been our MVP so far? you can say yourself if you'd like.

4:Would you like to see the Reapers awards return this off season? If so, which Award do you think you'll be nominated for?

5:Do you think our end goal of finishing as the 5th place team is realistic?

6:We recently beat Ottawa who were ranked 2nd in the league. How do you feel?

7:After seeing them play a few games. Are the Seattle Kraken a good team?

8:Which NHL team would you like to watch in person? If none then which Player?

9:Does Ovechkin finish his career with more goals scored than Gretzky?

1: The Trade Deadline has passed and we've acquired multiple players from Free Agency. How do you feel about our recent sim with our new players?

3:We're not far from the end of the season. Who do you think has been our MVP so far? you can say yourself if you'd like.

4:Would you like to see the Reapers awards return this off season? If so, which Award do you think you'll be nominated for?

1.) The players we have acquired seem to be fitting in well. They have certainly kept us in the playoff hunt. Many of them seem to be productive, which is nice because I believe in scoring by committee.

2.) I've enjoyed being able to improve at my own pace as well as being given an opportunity to play on the top line in some games. All our players get along and we don't let a bad game get us down.

3.) In terms of an MVP for the team I have a few choices. Cadmael Ixazaluoh has been our leading scorer all season, He may only be a minus player due to playing the top players each night. His shot blocks are nothing to laugh about. He gives up his body each night and probably needs ice packs to help the bruising. The other choice would be Alessio Simeoni. He's been a consistent scorer through the 55 games we've played so far.

4.) Those awards are definitely something to look forward to as it gives players something to strive for. The awards can be varied from year to year if we want to reward different things.

5.) It would certainly take a lot of work. Not something I'd shy away from. We need a lot of things to go right in order to get fifth, we have Vegas and Halifax ahead of us, teams we need to start beating more.

6.) That game was huge, definitely a confidence builder. To know you can hang with the best teams in the league and beat them is a credit to our system.

7.) Seattle will definitely be a good team. I don't think necessarily they'll be a playoff team. If they do make it I can see them making it as the last wildcard team. Brandon Tanev has been the biggest surprise on that team.

8.) I've been an Ottawa Senators fan as long as I can remember. But I've always wanted to watch them play Toronto in person. I hear the atmosphere is quite something.

9.) It'll be close. If he does beat Gretzky's record it'll be maybe by one or two goals.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:20 AM, Masu Chan said:

lh0QzFTVCikj_zAgds0j8ObXSyPVXVR8oUgbN53aIz2lqTmQG54KLGk1axc9cFyez5Isv5MSXBqzewREEGknSKlyan4KcKW4kelRVZpvpGdalG8TwzPl3cm-1ArU_bRSSkxz0Nwm=s1600

2). The Reapers have always been a fantastic organization, I love being a part of it!

4). I for sure would! I brought them in for my first GM season, and then last season I was preparing to do it again but life got the better of me 😬

5). Right now we just need to commit to earning TPE and doing our best. Where we end up will be determined by that.

7). No lol I would be surprised if they made it to the playoffs.

8). I think I’d like to go see Vegas. I never got a chance to go watch a game while I lived there.

9). I honestly don’t think he will get there. I think he will pass 800 but ultimately come up short.

1: The trading period has expired and we have won several Free Agency players. What do you think of our last Sim with our new players?

I think with these players we are secret favorites for the title.

2: What did you enjoy most about being a Reaper?

The great community and lots of active players

3: We are not far from the end of the season. Who do you think has been our MVP so far?  You can tell yourself if you want.

Still Cadmael Ixazaluoh. Any team that gets it can be happy to have Cadmael.

4: Would you like to see the Reapers Awards return this off-season? If so, which award do you think you are being nominated for?

The best looking player

5: Do you think our ultimate goal of finishing fifth is realistic?

I even think the title is quite an issue.

6: We recently beat Ottawa, which was 2nd in the league. How do you feel?

Great, I just wish I had done something in this game 😞

7: After watching them play a few games. Are the Seattle Kraken a good team?

Well, 3 points from 5 games is not great and 19 goals against in 5 games. There is still a lot to be done.

8: Which NHL team would you like to see in person? If none then which player?

Ottawa Senators. These got off to a surprisingly good start.

9: will Ovechkin end his career with more goals than Gretzky?

This is heresy !!

On 10/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, Masu Chan said:

1: With a full team, I think we can really do well. The players that played like robots were really bringing the overall team down, and now I feel we can do more and accomplish more.

2: The camaraderie and the joy I get from interacting with my teammates. They are all so welcoming and kind to one another. It is not what I imagined it would be.

3: The GM has done a fantastic job of turning the team from a retooling into a contender for the cup. All in the span of one season. I am in awe of how he was able to turn this around so quickly.

4: Absolutely! I think the hard work of the team needs to be rewarded and what better way to do so then to celebrate with the reaper awards!

5: I think it is most certainly possible. I think with how well we have been playing against the favorited teams, just goes to show that we can do this.

6: Amazing! Now we just need to beat Yukon.

7: No. I think there issue is going to be injuries and the fact that they have no real star talent yet. They might make the playoffs in a low seed, but I ultimately dont see them doing much.

8: Florida Panthers are always my favorite to watch no matter what. No place like home!

9: Maybe? Gretzky was a league of his own so the fact that Ovi is even close enough to consider that is an accomplishment on it's own.

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 31st, 2021

1: There are two games left this season. How many do you think we will win? (Ottawa & Houston)

2: Is there any special meal you eat in preparation for the playoffs?

3: Who do you think will be our Playoff MVP?

4: Assuming we win the Founders Cup, How will you celebrate?

5: What's your favorite brand of hockey equipment?

6: If you were to name the next VHL, VHML or VHLE team, what would you name it and which city would it be in?

7: What is the best Gatorade flavor? If not Gatorade then Juice?

8: What is / was your favorite candy to get for Halloween?

9: Least favorite NHL logo?

1: There are two games left this season. How many do you think we will win? (Ottawa & Houston)

realistically one, we were not lucky with Ottawa this season

Philadelphia Cheese Steak of course

Cadmael

Good question, maybe it will be combined with a farewell party to my departure to the VHLE (if I am drafted that is)

Bauer

6: If you were to name the next VHL, VHML or VHLE team, what would you name it and which city would it be in?

The Zug Cherries, VHLE

Do not drink Gatorade, so it is OJ for me.

We did not celebrate Halloween back in my days. I liked Milky Way though.

The Habs' one must be the boringest logo in the history of Hockey...

1: There are still two games left this season. How many do you think we'll win? (Ottawa and Houston)

It'll be difficult against Ottawa, but I think we can score a few points against Houston.

2: Is there a special meal that you have in preparation for the playoffs?

Not really

3: Who do you think our playoff MVP will be?

Camel had a great season. But it shows that other players shine in the playoffs. Possibly Mason Jones or Daniel Janser

4: Assuming we win the Founders Cup, how will you celebrate?

Nothing in particular

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about that.

6: If you named the next VHL, VHML or VHLE team what would you call it and what city would it be in?

Paris Frogs

7: What's the Best Gatorade Flavor? If not Gatorade, then juice?

orange juice

8: What is / was your favorite Halloween candy?

Feuersteine (a swiss candy)

9: the least popular NHL logo?

Washington Capitals

I think we win the Houston game, and keep it close against Ottawa, but lose in a shootout. They are a wagon this season.

I'm going to say Mason Jones. He's been a beast all season long, and strikes me as someone who will turn it on to the next gear come playoff time.

A beach, a beer, and a cup. Seems like the perfect off-season to me.

I think a team in Boston or Montreal is the next obvious choice for the VHL. Not sure about nicknames, maybe the Tea Party and Petit Cochons.

Light blue, and it isn't even close. Fight me.

A can of pop was, and will always be the best thing to get on Halloween.

Going to go with either one of the New York teams, not a huge fan of just having the team name within the logo. 

On 10/26/2021 at 1:41 AM, Masu Chan said:

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 31st, 2021

1. I would love to see us win both obviously. I’d like us to finish really strong and carry that momentum into the playoffs.

2. Chicken Alfredo with broccoli, my favorite. Carbs, protein, and veggies, can’t go wrong. 

3. I’m gonna say Janser, dude has been lighting it up this year. But Carmeal definitely could take it as well.

4. Gonna party as hard as ovi did… although that might actually be dangerous so maybe not that hard. 

5. Unpopular opinion, but Warrior. Always been a fan of they’re equipment, regardless of sport. And no I’m not paid to say that… yet! Warrior my agent is waiting.

6. Well being originally from Honolulu, I’d love to see a team there. I’d go with the Honolulu Hammerheads.

7. I don’t drink Gatorade too often, but I do like the body armors. Strawberry banana, hands down 

I will eat freshly slaughtered swine, fresh from my home. I will prepare it in my traditional style and my teammates and I will feast like warriors before battle. We will be victorious.

htt

In theory, I would want us to work as a team, as only teamwork can bring us through these playoffs. I hate to say that we are outmatched in experience, but our drive and spirit will see us through. If you made me pick one, George Sanderson. The Coronel himself.

ps://

I will first go to center ice and assume the ceremonial position of triumph. I will shed all of my gear down to my bare skin and expose myself to the opposing team as a sign of dominance. I will pound on my chest and declare victory in the form of a primal scream that could only be described as shrill enough to make you wince. THEY WILL SEE THE LIGHT. If GM says that is too much, then perhaps a float parade at home will do. 

i.im

Jofa.

gur.c

I would want to include the southern hemisphere somehow. The Lima Beans or Madagascar Penguins.

om/

Glacier Freeze, do not retort with a different flavor.

03B

Definitely, 3 musketeers. Cannot go wrong!

jQb8

Ducks, their current logo is pretty bad compared to what it used to be.

.png

Edited by Vice

lh0QzFTVCikj_zAgds0j8ObXSyPVXVR8oUgbN53aIz2lqTmQG54KLGk1axc9cFyez5Isv5MSXBqzewREEGknSKlyan4KcKW4kelRVZpvpGdalG8TwzPl3cm-1ArU_bRSSkxz0Nwm

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of November 7th, 2021

1: Let's get this question out of the way first. We were eliminated in the 1st round, which team do you think will win the VHML Championship?

2: The Reaper Awards will be held tonight. Are you excited?

3: Which attribute of your player are you going to focus on most in the off season?

4: Are you excited for the drafts?

5: How many points do you intend to get next season regardless of what league you play in?

6: Your most memorable game of this season?

7: I recently chose the Portland Winterhawks as my favorite WHL team. Do you have a favorite team in that league?

8: What's your favorite hockey trick? (Example: Between the Legs shots, Michigan, Datsyuk Flip?)

9: Who's the most underrated NHL Goalie?

1: Let's get this question out of the way first. We were eliminated in the 1st round, which team do you think will win the VHML Championship?

Yukon

Very much so

3: Which attribute of your player are you going to focus on most in the off season?

Once I can apply points again, I will bring the defense up

Yes, my player drew some attention and I am giddy to see who will draft him.

5: How many points do you intend to get next season regardless of what league you play in?

Since I got 80 last season and I do want to get better, I'd say seventy but with a better +/- rating

The shutout we had in the playoffs.

7: I recently chose the Portland Winterhawks as my favorite WHL team. Do you have a favorite team in that league?

Nope, I do not follow the WHL

8: What's your favorite hockey trick? (Example: Between the Legs shots, Michigan, Datsyuk Flip?)

The Forsberg

Merzlikins

I don't care. It's not us so it's irrelevant who wins. What matters is that we had a hell of a season and the people that we played with will be absolute forces of nature.

giphy.gif

Most likely going to work on my defensive skill and passing. I am aiming to be a big threat wherever I go to.

Eh. More or less. I've been disappointed in the lack of interviews I've had but I could just be thinking too much into it.

I just want to be a valuable asset. Whether that is scoring points, or feeding the point scorers.

The what?

Michigan. I want to do that someday.

Spencer Knight, my god what a rock.

It's hard to give any answer but Yukon. It's the easiest and most obvious, so that's where my money will be. :yuk:

Skating and Puck Handling for sure, with a little bit of focus on scoring and defence. I'm hoping to get them all to 80 before next season begins.

I'll probably be back in the VHLM, and with the amount of TPE I'll have, I'm hoping to hit at least 90 points.

Definitely scoring my first career VHLM goal against Las Vegas. I gave the puck to my parents, and both them and I will never forget it.

Not necessarily, but if we expand that question to the entire CHL, I'd have to choose the Niagara IceDogs. My local team, and I have been going to games every season since I was a little kid. If I had to choose a WHL team, I guess I'll go the Vancouver Giants, because of Fabian Lysell.

I think he's going to break out into the mainstream this season because of the team he's on now, but Darcy Kuemper. He has been insane for Arizona these last couple of seasons, and now that he's on the stacked Avalanche, I expect him to get talked about a lot more.