Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

Reapers PC Questions:

1. The team is on quite the slide down the standings after being top of their conference just a few short Sims ago. What needs to change in general to end this?

2. What can you personally be doing to turn the tides?

3. Who should represent the Reapers at the VHLM All-Star Game? 

4. What team in the VHLM do you see as the Reapers biggest rivals based on the action so far this year or given past history?

5. Who you pulling for in the NHL playoffs?

6. What team do you want to see landing Connor Bedard by winning the draft lottery?

5 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

Reapers PC Questions:

1. The team is on quite the slide down the standings after being top of their conference just a few short Sims ago. What needs to change in general to end this?

4. What team in the VHLM do you see as the Reapers biggest rivals based on the action so far this year or given past history?

6. What team do you want to see landing Connor Bedard by winning the draft lottery?

1. for me personally, I would say that I have to continue actively earning TPE. Teamwise, I feel like we need some forwards with some defensive capability. 

2.I need to get TPE faster I suppose and go off a goalie build that works. 

3. I would probably say LeBen since he's our current best point getter. 

4. I honestly have no clue; I probably would say Halifax.

5.I have to go with my knights, but realistically speaking I would have to say the bruins. 

6. Realistically speaking, I would say Anaheim. But I would have to say I would want him to go to Seattle since a line with Bernier and Bedard would be sick. 

Edited by LastGoon007

18 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

Reapers PC Questions:

1. We need better defence and our forwards need to step in defensively.

2. Just keep working at it and start scoring more consistently

3. LeBen Aky is our top scorer, so logically him. 

4. There is something I just don't quite like about halifax...

5. B's all the way

6. Bring the hometown kid home, Vancouver.

On 4/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, Pifferfish said:

Reapers PC Questions:

4. Seems like Halifax, which is funny considering nurx's player is definitely my player's rival

5. Oilers, as a wings fan a lot of us support them because we've shared GM's (plus watching McDavis is fun)

6. The wings, we have like a 1% chance, but a man can dream

On 4/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, Pifferfish said:

We currently are tied for the league lead in goals against, so better team defence should help us win some of the close games we've lost.

Nothing really to be honest, my contribution is measured in how many times I put the puck in the back of the net. I leave defending to the others.

Eric Queefson. Contributing a lot offensively from the blueline and is 5th in scoring among defensemen. 

Those clowns in Miami. We play in a primarily Canadian conference and only have one other American team. Time to show them who is America's best team.

Regrettably, the Toronto Maple Leafs. 

I think Gary Bettman would love to see Bedard in an American market, and who better than Phoenix. 

WEEK OF 4/23 REAPERS PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Starting this presser with a quick emotional check-in. How are you doing?
2. How much TPE are you going to shoot for to finish the month?
3. What are you thinking about with the build on your player? What are your primary and secondary focuses?
4. How many wins do you see the team getting by game 40?
5. Have you been watching the playoffs?
6. If you have a team in the playoffs, are they winning their series? If you don't, which team are you bandwagoning on?

11 minutes ago, Emperor_Fun said:

3. What are you thinking about with the build on your player? What are your primary and secondary focuses?
6. If you have a team in the playoffs, are they winning their series? If you don't, which team are you bandwagoning on?

1. Meh, I get to watch my team get their butts kicked in the playoffs....

2.As much as I can.

3.My main focuses are reaction time, hand speed, and style control. I guess size is also a secondary focus for me. 

4. I don't know tbh 

5.yes, unfortunately 

6. I really hope so because if they lose, I might just take a break from watching hockey or find a new time to cheer for permanently.

7 minutes ago, LastGoon007 said:

1. Meh, I get to watch my team get their butts kicked in the playoffs....

2.As much as I can.

3.My main focuses are reaction time, hand speed, and style control. I guess size is also a secondary focus for me. 

4. I don't know tbh 

5.yes, unfortunately 

6. I really hope so because if they lose, I might just take a break from watching hockey or find a new time to cheer for permanently.

Lightning fan so living it up rn. we welcome you to the fan base with open arms friend

12 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

Lightning fan so living it up rn. we welcome you to the fan base with open arms friend

I got my Vasilevskiy jersey ready to go at a moment's notice lol. 

Edited by LastGoon007

13 hours ago, Emperor_Fun said:

1. Pretty good.

2. 90 ish?

3. Probably a playmaker, he canscore fine, just needs to pass more.

4. 22, hopefully we can stay around .500

5. of course, I'm trying to watch as many games as I can. I like Boston and Van so at least one of my teams didn't disappoint me.

6. I hope the bruins can win their series, but last games loss wasn't pretty. 

On 4/20/2023 at 1:10 AM, Emperor_Fun said:

1. Im doing really really good right now

2. I would say about 100, that seems reasonable.

3. Definitely defensive, I want to be a defensive kind of player cuz it’s like my favorite part of watching hockey

4. Ehhh I would say about like 20

5. Yes I have been, a lot too.

6. New Jersey devils ofc

Edited by BryceP
I’m stupid

im chilling i cant lie not doing much

hopefully 15-20

scoring and skating are top two right now

not really

the devils are not winning, if they go out go isles, if they go out, back to baseball it is

1. Honestly? It's been a rough month. Not VHL-wise, but just nonstop shit going on IRL for me. I think I'm finally out of the woods this week though, and will feel better here shortly

2. I always max earn 😤

3. Defense then scoring. I may as well be a forward if I value points over defense.

4. We've been having some good sims and everyone is contributing so I hope we win them all.

5. Oh yeah. I picked the Oilers as my team this year and they've been giving me panic attacks for sure

6. Heh just mentioned, but I'm bandwagoning the Oilers. They just tied it up 2-2, so we'll have to see. This series could absolutely go to either team

On 4/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, twists said:

1. Honestly? It's been a rough month. Not VHL-wise, but just nonstop shit going on IRL for me. I think I'm finally out of the woods this week though, and will feel better here shortly

2. I always max earn 😤

3. Defense then scoring. I may as well be a forward if I value points over defense.

4. We've been having some good sims and everyone is contributing so I hope we win them all.

5. Oh yeah. I picked the Oilers as my team this year and they've been giving me panic attacks for sure

6. Heh just mentioned, but I'm bandwagoning the Oilers. They just tied it up 2-2, so we'll have to see. This series could absolutely go to either team

Sorry it's been rough IRL man. Glad to hear this week is looking like a break for ya! 

WEEK OF 4/30 PRESS CONFERENCE
(Answer 3 for 1 TPE; 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Trying to keep these started through weekly check-ins, so how is everyone doing?
2. Some of these NHL play-off series are close to wrapping up, you excited to watch them come to a close?
3. How will you welcome any possible new additions to the team as trades are still potentially going?
4. The team record (at this moment in time) has hit .500 and it's very close in the division still, how exciting is it to find momntum at a time like this?
5. Come up with an all-time roster (3F, 2D, 1G) of your favorite NHL team of players that only played in the year 2000 or earlier. How would they do compared to the current first line of your favorite team?
6. Just for fun, anyone got a favorite arcade game they played growing up or still play? Arcade machines are some of my favorite ways to game, and I played a lot more Track & Field (1983) growing up than anyone needs to know.

Edited by Emperor_Fun

12 hours ago, Emperor_Fun said:

1. Trying to keep these started through weekly check-ins, so how is everyone doing?
2. Some of these NHL play-off series are close to wrapping up, you excited to watch them come to a close?
3. How will you welcome any possible new additions to the team as trades are still potentially going?
4. The team record (at this moment in time) has hit .500 and it's very close in the division still, how exciting is it to find momntum at a time like this?
5. Come up with an all-time roster (3F, 2D, 1G) of your favorite NHL team of players that only played in the year 2000 or earlier. How would they do compared to the current first line of your favorite team?
6. Just for fun, anyone got a favorite arcade game they played growing up or still play? Arcade machines are some of my favorite ways to game, and I played a lot more Track & Field (1983) growing up than anyone needs to know.

1. Good. I'm happy that Karl is doing better.

2. Yes! I want to see my knights win today! Not to mention, it will be fun to watch the Seattle vs Colorado game.

3. Probably just welcome them in discord.

4. Well, it always exciting to be on one of the underdog teams.

5. Honestly, I wouldn't know more than five or six players from the early 2000s. 

6.Galaga and street fighters

12 hours ago, Emperor_Fun said:

I know I'm the GM but for fun why the hell not

1. We will see once the deadline hits.

2. Hopefully the only one I care about doesn't come to a close. Down 3-1 but against the Leafs so 50/50 chance of winning still honestly.

3. Same way I welcome everyone, with a stern talking to about the Reaper way... Jk.

4. It's great but we still got a ton of work to do to close the gap between us and the teams at the top.

5. Excluding Wayne bc too obvious.

Bossy, Lemeiux, Hull, Orr, Bourque, Hextall

6. I never really played arcade games but pac man has memories

On 4/27/2023 at 1:18 AM, Emperor_Fun said:

First presser as a reaper..

1. Doing well! Getting acclimated to the new squad

2. Yes, was at the NJD/NYR game last night and it was electric. Devs in 6

3. Being one of those new additions, so far so good. I need to get in the discord, but already have been welcomed by the GM

4. It's a tight race, every game matters. We made some big additions at the deadline so we're gearing up for a push here. 

5.  Gretzky, Howe, Bossy, Orr, Bourque, Hasek

6. Never was huge into arcade games, but I always found myself playing skee ball when I was at the arcade as a kid

13 hours ago, Sullvino said:

First presser as a reaper..

1. Doing well! Getting acclimated to the new squad

2. Yes, was at the NJD/NYR game last night and it was electric. Devs in 6

3. Being one of those new additions, so far so good. I need to get in the discord, but already have been welcomed by the GM

4. It's a tight race, every game matters. We made some big additions at the deadline so we're gearing up for a push here. 

5.  Gretzky, Howe, Bossy, Orr, Bourque, Hasek

6. Never was huge into arcade games, but I always found myself playing skee ball when I was at the arcade as a kid

My new fave is connect 4 basketball. Pretty fun and competitive 

On 4/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, Emperor_Fun said:

1. Lots of school stuff but pretty good.

2. if Boston loses im going to cry.

3. With open arms. this teams gonna do something

4. Very exciting. this teams got heart

5. Lindros, Jagr, Brind'Amour, Bourque, Iafrate, Fuhr. 

7. Never really got into arcade games. 

Doing fine, no complaints.

As a Leafs fan, I'm excited to know the outcome of the Bruins vs. Panthers series.

As Creed so eloquently said, "With Arms Wide Open".

We knew it was going to be a long battle back after a slow start, and it's good to see the rewards of hard work paying off.

Too early for my hockey knowledge, I don't really have any favourites.

NBA Jam was the one.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, Emperor_Fun said:

1. Not too bad, first week as a Reaper so just hoping I don't forget to take my skate guards off.
2. No, it's too stressful. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack watching the Bruins games.
3. As I am a new addition, I would welcome us with a huge feast of a bunch of junk food and pizza. That's how they'd win me over.
4. It's great to get hot right when you really need to. Hopefully, we are just getting started.
5. I'm not the best at NHL history so a lot are going to be Bruins players but I'd def go with Connor McDaddy and Wayne G. The last forward would be a toss up but I'd say Mario Lemieux. For defense, I gotta go Bobby Orr, and Idk for the second so maybe Chara? I guess for goalie I'd go with a classic Tuukka Rask just cause.

6. I didn't really do too many arcade visits, I had a game boy when I was younger so Pokemon was my go-to.

2 hours ago, DankTurtle said:

3. As I am a new addition, I would welcome us with a huge feast of a bunch of junk food and pizza. That's how they'd win me over.

I knew you and Westwood were zooted out your minds, got those munchies hahaha

WEEK OF 5/7/23 REAPERS PRESS CONFERENCE
Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Weekly check in, how are you doing this week?
2. Second round of the NHL playoffs are starting! Did the series go how you predicted?
3. Continuing on that topic, is your favorite team (remaining) still in the playoffs?
4. We're moving up in the standings! How are you jelling with your new teammates?
5. What position in the conference do you think the Reapers will finish?
6. Do you think you'll be maxxed out by the end of the season if you aren't already?

8 minutes ago, Emperor_Fun said:

WEEK OF 5/7/23 REAPERS PRESS CONFERENCE
Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Weekly check in, how are you doing this week?
2. Second round of the NHL playoffs are starting! Did the series go how you predicted?
3. Continuing on that topic, is your favorite team (remaining) still in the playoffs?
4. We're moving up in the standings! How are you jelling with your new teammates?
5. What position in the conference do you think the Reapers will finish?
6. Do you think you'll be maxxed out by the end of the season if you aren't already?

1. stressed for finals...

2. Not how I predicted, but my hopes came true. (my hopes for seattle to beat colorado mainly)

3.Yes! Lets go Knights! Kudos to Draisaitl for the 4-point game though.

4. Great! 

5. I would say 3rd place in conference and either 5th or 6th place overall. 

6. I think I would either be maxxed out or nearly maxxed out.