Matthew Materazo Press Conference

Matt_O

1. Your reaction on Twinger trade

2. Can NY win next season?

3. Has your last name something to do with Marco Materazzi?

4. Will you miss VHLM?

5. Do you plan to play all 8 seasons?

6. Your fav VHL GM asides from Spade?

7. How's NY locker room?

8. your fav music style?

9. Have you been in NY irl?

10. Are you friends with Trifecta? he likes Trump

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Your reaction on Twinger trade

2. Can NY win next season?

3. Has your last name something to do with Marco Materazzi?

4. Will you miss VHLM?

5. Do you plan to play all 8 seasons?

1. This year is hopefully our year to make it back into the playoffs and start a new dynasty, so I think this is a good move for us.

2. I don't think we will be championship contenders but I think we definitely are better than HC Davos, Calgary and Moscow. We should make a push for the 4 or 5 seed and hopefully make the playoffs.

3. My name has nothing to do with him, I heard about him from I think the final VHLM draft rankings before my draft when someone said my name reminds them of him.

4. I will, but I'm happy that I am in the big leagues. Unfortunately I won't get a lot of points (probably), but that won't deter me.

5. I plan too, but I may cut it at 7. Chances are I do 8 seasons though, especially if the Americans don't win the cup, but I think we will

On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

2. Favourite NHL Team?

3. What is Shaggy's Rectum like?

4. What is the hardest VHL player's name to pronounce?

2. Love the Islanders

3. It's actually quite nice. A little humid, and sometimes a bit damp and dark but otherwise it's good. I would definitely recommend it.

4. Smitty Warbenjagermanjensen.

1. What makes Materazo such a hot player and just a hot guy in general?

2. What is your goal for your first VHL season? Do you plan on stealing my ROTY award? Back off!

3. Who is your best friend on NYA?

4. Would you agree that it's time for both LVA and NYA to get logo change and freshen it up?

5. What about the VHL keeps you coming back daily, and if not, weekly?

6. Do you think that it should be a rule that you have to leave 6 questions to get the 1 TPE, so its more convenient for the person answering?

On 2/22/2019 at 3:47 AM, Thranduil said:

What makes Materazo such a hot player and just a hot guy in general?

2. What is your goal for your first VHL season? Do you plan on stealing my ROTY award? Back off!

1. I was just born this way tbh

2. I would love to win ROTY but I predicted my teammate Carles Puidgemont would take it. I'm not sure what to expect really, but as long as I don't get less than 30 points I probably wouldn't be too upset

On 2/22/2019 at 3:47 AM, Thranduil said:

Would you agree that it's time for both LVA and NYA to get logo change and freshen it up?

Definitely, those two logos are not great. New Yorks is OK but is the worst out of the VHL logos. Las Vegas' logo just looks very outdated. Could definitely use a new look

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:08 PM, Advantage said:

What expectation do you have going forward with your player?

2. Goals for year one in VHL?

3. Who are you excited to play with in NY?

4. Favourite thing to do when your not on the VHL?

5. What sort of build are you looking for going forward with MM?

1. I want to have a successful career, win championships and consistently hit 72 points per season (besides my rookie year), which seems fair.

2. Hit 50 points, and help New York make the playoffs.

3. Joseph McWolf is a beast. But me and fellow rookie Carles Puigdemont better tear it up in the future, be a dynamic duo.

4. Watch The Office

5. I want to be a scoring forward, who also can play defense. Probably won't win any best two way forward trophies but I want to be defensively responsible.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, hedgehog337 said:

9. Have you been in NY irl?

9. I live in New York (Long Island) and I am a classless islanders fan ?

1.  How did it feel to be drafted?

2. How has New York's management treated you so far?

3. If you had to play for any other team than New York, who would it be, and why?

4. What specifically is it about the number 72 that makes you want that many points?

5. What did you do over the offseason?

6. Do you have any enemy players or teams so far?

7. What is it about the VHL that drew you to the league?

8. How well do you think New York will do for the rest of this season?

9. What do you think is the biggest surprise from the first few VHL games?

10. What do you think is the biggest strength for your player?

How are you enjoying your rookie year so far?

Are the Americans performing as well as you've expected?

Who is your favorite teammate?

What would your goal song be?

Biggest rival team or player in the VHL?

On 3/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, StamkosFan said:

Do you have any enemy players or teams so far?

I have beef with Plate since he didn't pick me for his player of the week he did in January, and got the AGM role for the Wild when I applied. Other than that not really, not a huge fan of Helsinki I guess.

50 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

How are you enjoying your rookie year so far?

Are the Americans performing as well as you've expected?

My rookie season has been ok. I started well but have been cold over the last ten games, hopefully I can pick it back up.

No, we are playing pretty terrible. Hopefully todays win over Vancouver turns us around

On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

Apex or Fortnite?

6. Favourite NHL Player?

Fortnite is a disgrace to humanity, so I guess Apex. I don't play either

My favorite player was Tavares but now it is Barzal. Barzy is mad handsome too, no homo.

What specifically is it about the number 72 that makes you want that many points?

Since there are 72 games in a season, 72 points would be point per game, so that would be great if I could hit that. Probably won't get it this year, maybe not next year, but by my third year in the VHL I certainly hope I'll get at a point per game rate.

• 2 weeks later...

8. How well do you think New York will do for the rest of this season?

9. What do you think is the biggest surprise from the first few VHL games?

10. What do you think is the biggest strength for your player?

8. Well were aren't doing great right now, barely holding onto the final wild card spot. Hopefully we pick up the pace and make it.

9. Toronto has been the biggest surprise, considering they were pegged as a team that will miss the playoffs with the loss of Stopko and Ironside. Malenko has made a big impact obviously.

10. Since my player hasn't been great in terms of points, the fact that I'm still a +2 is good. Maybe my two way game is becoming effective for NY

1. Are you surprised Vancouver is out of playoff zone at this moment?

2. Are you confident NY could make the playoffs?

3. Are you happy with your player performance?

4. Shaggy's Recturn? what is that?

5. How's the VSN?

6. Who's the greatest writer out there?

7. Can the Islanders go far in playoffs with their goaltending?

8. Who's more dangerous now, Tampa, Boston or Washington?

9. Are you afraid you could be put in the expansion draft?

10. The best Americans player at this moment, in your opinion?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:55 AM, hedgehog337 said:

Are you surprised Vancouver is out of playoff zone at this moment?

Not only did I predict Beau Louth for MVP and expect Vancouver to be good, but they started off the season so well. Basically they pulled a Buffalo Sabres. I'm shocked.

Can the Islanders go far in playoffs with their goaltending?

8. Who's more dangerous now, Tampa, Boston or Washington?

10. The best Americans player at this moment, in your opinion?

The Islanders are up 2-0 right now and playing great. When the Islanders are on their game, they are extremely tough to beat. The only problem is that they have been inconsistent, so I can't see us beating Pittsburgh and then Washington. I can see us beating the Penguins but I would be shocked if we beat the Caos

8. Washington, considering Tampa is down 2-0

9. Not really. I would be surprised if I was available. I want to be a apart of the rise of the Americans

10. McWolf. He had an off season but he is still the best player.

Are you happy with your player performance

I was through the first twenty games, and then the next 40 were very bad, and then the last ten were solid. Hopefully next year I can put up 55 points or more

Edited by Matt_O
typo

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, Matt_O said:

On 4/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, Matt_O said:

9. Not really. I would be surprised if I was available. I want to be a apart of the rise of the Americans

Top ten haunting photos moments before disaster

• 2 weeks later...

@Matt_O hi!

1. Were you surprised to be named GM of the Aces? Why or why not?

2. Do you have any particular plans for the future of Vegas?

3. What's something valuable you've learned as AGM of Malmo?

4. Is there anything in particular that makes you optimistic about the future of the Nighthawks?

5. Are you happy with your player's performance this season?

6. How exactly has VSN improved recently, and how do they plan to continue improving?

On 6/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, GustavMattias said:

@Matt_O hi!

1. Were you surprised to be named GM of the Aces? Why or why not?

2. Do you have any particular plans for the future of Vegas?

3. What's something valuable you've learned as AGM of Malmo?

4. Is there anything in particular that makes you optimistic about the future of the Nighthawks?

5. Are you happy with your player's performance this season?

6. How exactly has VSN improved recently, and how do they plan to continue improving?

1. Kind of. I figured I was probably one of the real contenders for the job. But, I knew Bana said he would announce it later that day, and I didn't get any messages from him until very late. I thought someone else got it, and then I got a late message.

2. Yes. Everyone knows about the whole good-bad cycle in the VHLM, and it is extremely tough to string together multiple successful seasons. I plan to take that concept to another level. In odd years, I will pull a Devise and trade all my picks. In ever years, I will look to have many draft picks to put together a roster that can be a playoff team and possibly contend. The only problem I see with this is that in those even years, we may not be good enough to win it all, but be good enough maybe to go to the semi finals. So, we will see. 

3. Through the draft, one thing stuck out; don't be afraid to reach for guys you want. We took Garcia seventh overall when he had the 12th most TPE; and it certainly was worthwhile. We got Shackleford at 17, he had 25th most TPE. Both picks have worked out.

4. Everything makes me optimistic. Me, Nygren, Gaudette, Glover, Lynch on offense, Moose, Garcia, Shackleford, MORPHEUS on defense. Plus whoever we get in the draft. What's not to like?

5. Kind of. In the beginning I did well, peaking with a five point performance around game 20. Then games 20-55 I wasn't great, pretty inconsistent. Then out of nowhere, games 55 to the end of the year, I was super consistent. I scored a goal or had a point damn near every game. So it was an alright season. I expected a little better but I'll take it. I've accepted the fact I won't be a hall of famer with this player.

6. Our quantity and quality of articles has improved, in my opinion. The rewind series was fun to write but I don't think new guys were very interested in that stuff. The new mock drafts, the many articles we posted on monday regarding the playoffs (i think it was 5 or 6), and also Shawn said he wants two articles per week. Quality and quantity I feel is improving. Sullvino has been a great addition to our writing crew. We will see how VSN pans out; and whether or not we are revived, or if this 'high' is just temporary.

Thanks for the questions! Been too long since I had any questions

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

1. Malmo looking to make a deep playoff run. Which NA team would you least want to face in the finals, if Malmo makes it there?

2. Who on RIGA REIGN do you have the most respect for, in terms of sim performance, since they are playing Malmo in the EU Finals?

3. Do you know of any good prospects for the upcoming S69 draft? If your VHL GM asked you to recommend two players, who would they be and why?

4. If you could change Malmo's color scheme, what color palette would you switch to? (like 2-3 colors)

5. Thoughts on Matt Thompson coming to Malmo and hogging all the ice-time/limelight in his final season to make sure his individual records/stats were taken care of? Do you feel your stats suffered because of this?

6. With Thompson retiring, Materazo is looking like he'll be the top dog in Malmo next season? What is your target for goals/points next season?

@Matt_O

7 hours ago, gorlab said:

1. Malmo looking to make a deep playoff run. Which NA team would you least want to face in the finals, if Malmo makes it there?

2. Who on RIGA REIGN do you have the most respect for, in terms of sim performance, since they are playing Malmo in the EU Finals?

3. Do you know of any good prospects for the upcoming S69 draft? If your VHL GM asked you to recommend two players, who would they be and why?

4. If you could change Malmo's color scheme, what color palette would you switch to? (like 2-3 colors)

5. Thoughts on Matt Thompson coming to Malmo and hogging all the ice-time/limelight in his final season to make sure his individual records/stats were taken care of? Do you feel your stats suffered because of this?

6. With Thompson retiring, Materazo is looking like he'll be the top dog in Malmo next season? What is your target for goals/points next season?

@Matt_O

1. Seattle, although we definitely will end up facing them it seems. The NA was quite weak this year and Seattle is a solid team. In our few games against Seattle I believe we were 2-1 but that's off the top of my head. We got outshot badly in one, maybe two of those games. Also, if we lose to them, kinda not so good considering we have the only thing in the vhl that can be considered a rivalry. 

2. I respect Ryan Kastelic because he helped me a lot in fantasy this year, but I respect Rauno Palo. With Vancouver, he had them right up with Seattle for the first seed in the NA, then was traded, Vancouver fell down the standings a little while Riga started to surge and almost won the victory cup.

3. Benny Graves and Guy Lesiur. Graves is a well known asset and is a possible #1 pick, but Lesiur may be slightly less well known. His TPE totals are certainly not jaw dropping, but he will stay in the minors next year and is super active in discord.

4. I always love the orange and blue combo, maybe because I'm an Islanders fan. I just love that color scheme, although I think Malmo's logo is very good as well.

5. Yeah, but I'm fine with it. I know my player won't be breaking records or making it to the HOF, so I'm cool with team success. My stats obviously suffered but I'm looking to really make a mark on the VHL next season. Although that's what I've said the last three seasons or so

6. I would like 80 points. My career high is 74 and this year I took a step back. Hoping I can bounce back on the top line with RSJ and be a beast

• 1 month later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Matt_O