Logan Laich Called Up To The Big Leagues

Devise

It was an interesting off season for Logan Laich. After spending half a season in the VHLM and winning a Founders Cup Laich worked as hard as he could to get himself in shape to hopefully make his debut with a VHL team in S37. After being drafted fourth overall by the Americans, Laich had extensive conversations with General Manager Chris Miller. It came down to seeing how well Laich looked during training camp and making the best decision for Logan going forward. 

At the end of training camp Logan was just shy of the requirement for practice hours in to be automatically making the VHL. He ended up getting drafted in the VHLM by the Bern Royals in the first round, something that shocked him as he was trying to inform all GM's who had interest he was going to do what it took to make the VHL this season. 

Ultimately, Logan sat down with his GM, Chris Miller and talked about his future. Miller felt that Laich certainly was ready to take on the load of the VHL but he also felt that the best spot for Logan would be in the VHLM. Logan would have a chance to be a super star on a solid team in Bern if he stayed down. Logan expressed his interest again to make the main club, stating that his practice hours would be up to the required limit in no time at all, and that he would be able to do whatever it takes to help New York going forward. At the end of the day Miller, who is trying to make his team as good as he can make it this season agreed to call Logan Laich up and play on the Americans this season.

Logan will play for the big club with less practice hours than most rookies and with a lot of ground to make up. But his role on an improving club will be vital as a depth player and a physical presence. Logan is excited to see what the action of the VHL brings him. 

lol announces this after the VHLM Draft.. greasseeeee

There is a reason I went so late. I told tons of GM's that the intent was for me to go up, I posted in a giant draft PM conversation to a few as well. Just kind of figured that news would travel. Not to mention I then got super drunk on Saturday and was hungover all day Sunday/tonight so I didn't get on to do a single thing after that. Otherwise I would of told more. So no, not as greasy as you'd like to think. :P 

Devise was freely telling anyone who asked him he would be moving up to the VHL. Just an example of one of the reasons I pm nearly every member of the draft to see what's up.

That's funny we're like the same except I only PM one member for the draft the person I plan on taking.

I for one think that this is a very interesting situation which should make for a cool VHLM-related storyline all while Devise hasn't done anything wrong at all. If you go by his TPE-count then he is eligible for the VHLM, so there is no reason why he shouldn't have been in this draft, he and/or his GM in New York could always change their mind anyway. Now it's the VHLM-GMs job to do good scouting work and to identify players like Laich who are "traps", Devise himself certainly didn't make a secret of his plans.

Btw I don't think anyone on Bern has complained about that situation so far, maybe they knew about Laich's situation and just took a risk, thinking that maybe they could get him to stay down for another year?

I for one think that this is a very interesting situation which should make for a cool VHLM-related storyline all while Devise hasn't done anything wrong at all. If you go by his TPE-count then he is eligible for the VHLM, so there is no reason why he shouldn't have been in this draft, he and/or his GM in New York could always change their mind anyway. Now it's the VHLM-GMs job to do good scouting work and to identify players like Laich who are "traps", Devise himself certainly didn't make a secret of his plans.

Btw I don't think anyone on Bern has complained about that situation so far, maybe they knew about Laich's situation and just took a risk, thinking that maybe they could get him to stay down for another year?

If Chris wants to change his mind, he has to do so before I get updated to 175. I have 161 with a rookie profile and a Podcast this week which will put me at said 175. So he actually doesn't have long. If Chris sends me down past 175 another VHL team can actually claim me, as per VHL rules. 

If Chris wants to change his mind, he has to do so before I get updated to 175. I have 161 with a rookie profile and a Podcast this week which will put me at said 175. So he actually doesn't have long. If Chris sends me down past 175 another VHL team can actually claim me, as per VHL rules. 

I know, I was just talking about the possible scenario that both you and Chris changed your mind and agreed on giving you another year in the VHLM. Obviously this would mean that you would make sure that you aren't over 175 TPE before the start of the season. But I don't think that's an option for you anyway, or is it?

I thought it would've been nice to have an active offensive force on the tea rather than have a dominant first line of ghosts. But, eh, what can you do.