Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

1. I'm not going to give my thoughts in order to avoid jinxing it.

2. Yes.

3. We're working together as a team, we've all bought into the gameplan. 

4. Looking forward to it.

5. Maybe a season in the E, we'll see what the future holds. 

6. Mint Chocolate Chip.

7. PubG

On 6/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, youloser1337 said:

6/7 - 6/13 - 11 Wins in a Row Edition!

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. Big question out of the gate, what are your thoughts on this insane 11 win streak?

2. Do you think we can keep it going?

3. Who do you think the key factors are for the streak?

4. Moving on from the streak and with theme week this week, what are your reactions to the VHLE?

5. On the topic of the VHLE, would you want to move up to the VHL directly or spend a season in the VHLE (VHLM 250 TPE cap / VHLE 350 TPE cap)?

6. What is the best ice cream flavor?

7. I might be running a giveaway in the discord, what game would you want to win? 👀

I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend. It was rainy and cold all weekend near me unfortunately. Memorial day itself was a great day though!

1. Well it was pretty insane while it lasted..... now we're on a bit of a skid.

2. Sadly I already know the answer...... and it's no.

3. Just good goaltending and everyone chipping in.

4. I think it's nice, a good way to bring back old teams in Europe and not have so many go up at a low TPE level.

5. I think I'd spend a season in the E unless I'm somehow above 300 or 325.

6. Oreo Ive cream ^^

7. I mean what platform right? maybe Modern Warfare 2019? I really don't know ^^''

Edited by ROOKIE745

6/14 - 6/20 - Trade Deadline Edition

1. 20 games remain and we have already clinched our playoff spot. Who do you want to face in round 1?

2. Jocke Jockesson is currently rated the 3rd best defenseman in points. Does this even surprise you anymore?

3. Our offense has been scoring a bunch these past few games. What / Who do you think are the key contributors?

4. Our powerplay is currently at 30.1%, which is rated higher than Halifax. Do you think we can improve on that getting closer to the playoffs?

5. Vegas / Montreal / Tampa / New York. How wrong is your NHL playoff brackets?

6. It's almost summer!!! What are you looking forward to during the summer?

7. Just want to check in with you. How are you? 😀

The giveaway is over! Congrats @Anomalijs!

55 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

1. 20 games remain and we have already clinched our playoff spot. Who do you want to face in round 1?

2. Jocke Jockesson is currently rated the 3rd best defenseman in points. Does this even surprise you anymore?

3. Our offense has been scoring a bunch these past few games. What / Who do you think are the key contributors?

4. Our powerplay is currently at 30.1%, which is rated higher than Halifax. Do you think we can improve on that getting closer to the playoffs?

1. Only the other best teams to make it into the playoffs

2. not at all he’s the best

3. I think it’s got a lot to do with our team play and chemistry on the ice

4. Most definitely we can improve as we come to the playoffs

5. it was actually pretty close

6. hanging out by the beach with some friends.

7. I’m great

22 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. I'll say reapers

2. Well I haven't been looking so yes, it does XD

3. Players just updating more, maybe minor adjustments to lines and who's on the power play or penalty kill.

4. I think it'd be pretty cool if we could! but I won't hold my breath on it.

5. I think I only had Tampa going this far XD

6. ummm nothing because I hate the heat.

7. Doing better since I came back from a little vacation, got to visit family and such.

1. I'm not too picky about who we face. Though if we could take down Halifax in the first round, it would really be a huge boost for our team. 

2. Nah, Jocke is awesome. He's only going to get better over time. 

3. We just work so well together as a team, that we manage to take any chance we are given. 

4. Absolutely, especially now that I and a few others on the team are right about to cap, we should get it up a bit more.

5. Haha, very wrong. However, GO HABS GO!

6. I actually prefer the colder months, and hate summer. So not much. 

7. Very tired.

The question is obvious. I want to face the worst team so we can s*it on them!

Not really. Plus I am not really paying that much attention to the defensive roster.

I think our entire team has contributed quite a bit, but obviously I mine crypto is the one getting all the goals.

No we suck at powerplays and we will always suck at powerplays because our coaching staff does not know how to make good powerplay lines.

What do you mean how wrong? I did not do the bracket challenge.

Uhm, I moving in 9 days to a place near the beach. So maybe I will look forward to see what my new house is like and will do some swimming!

Better then you at least

Not sure it matters, the first round shouldn't be a problem for us.

No, Jocke has been busting their butt, glad they are on our side.

I think our teamwork is really what enables us to continue to put up big numbers on offense.

That is pretty high, it would be hard to improve, but hopefully we can maintain it at least.

Colorado isn't winning so I don't want to talk about it.

7. Just want to check in with you. How are you? 

Doing about the same as always, so pretty much so so right now.

6/21 - 6/27 - Summer Edition

1. The season is almost over already. How would you rate your performance on the team so far?

2. For some this is the last time they are going to be playing in the VHLM. What advice do you have for the players moving up to the VHL?

3. To piggyback on the previous question, some of the players are going into the VHLM dispersal draft. What are some tips to give for those draft day nerves?

4. Who do you think is going to win the cup in the VHL?

5. Round 1 vs Saskatoon with home ice advantage. What's your prediction?

6.. What other sport, if any, do you follow?

7. What is the best food and why is it pizza (kidding)?

Glad to see people are doing okay. With the season closing this week, I just want to say thank you to all the players who welcomed me as their AGM this season. I know I came in late in the game but I felt at home as soon as I joined the locker room. Let's hope for a deep playoff run!

Edited by youloser1337

4 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. The season is almost over already. How would you rate your performance on the team so far?

2. For some this is the last time they are going to be playing in the VHLM. What advice do you have for the players moving up to the VHL?

3. To piggyback on the previous question, some of the players are going into the VHLM dispersal draft. What are some tips to give for those draft day nerves?

5. Round 1 vs Philly with home ice advantage. What's your prediction?

Glad to see people are doing okay. With the season closing this week, I just want to say thank you to all the players who welcomed me as their AGM this season. I know I came in late in the game but I felt at home as soon as I joined the locker room. Let's hope for a deep playoff run!

1. I think Ive done pretty good for the short time ive been with the team

2. this is my first season

3. again Ill be part of the draft

4. the riga reign

5. were going to sweep the series 

6. mountain biking is really the only other sport im into

7. its definetly pizza

On 6/21/2021 at 3:37 PM, youloser1337 said:

1. Well it is over now, I would say an A-? I wish I got more points but at the same time I'm happy with 40 and I'm big on the faceoff for the team. Honestly I feel like I could be the secret weapon for this team ^^

2. Enjoy it while it last and continue to work hard!

3. Stay calm, everything is gonna turn out great for ya.

4. I think the Bears will win it somehow, they always do.

5. We take it in 5, we have great goaltending and team scoring.

6. Probably would be basketball if I did follow another sport.

7. Chicken parm is great but I do love me some pizza as well, won't argue with anyone saying pizza!

I would probably give my self a above average performance. I have done pretty good, better then what would be expected from a new player.

The only advice I could give is that it is a grind and you need to be active, claim your TPE and keep doing those tasks!

Honestly, don't even worry about it. Just check the next day and see where you end up.

I think the Vancouver Wolves will probably win the VHL championship.

We will win. Were a top team.

I like to follow baseball and a bit of basketball, and maybe some CFL if the CFL starts again.

The best food is sushi, not pizza. Sushi on top!

I feel good about how I did.  I had almost equal goals and assists, feel like that shows that I am both a team player but can also be counted on to take a shot when needed.

Enjoy and be patient.  The first season is going to be the toughest, you need time to acclimate to the high level of talent in the VHL.

Just enjoy, all the VHLM GMs are great so I'm sure you will have a good time wherever you go.

Seattle always bulls out some bs during the playoffs so probably them.

We smoked them easy.  I have to admit I was worried about them, because we had some tough run ins with them towards the end of the season.

Pizza is my favorite food, but I think one I had recently made me sick.  No more pizza until after playoffs is over.

6/28 - 7/4 - Playoffs / 4th of July Edition!

1. Round 1 Sweep. Do you think we can keep this momentum going into round 2?

2. Halifax and Houston are going to a game 7. Who would you want to face from the remaining teams in round 2?

3. Ron World Peace III lit it up in the first round with 9 points. Do you think he was our breakout player in round 1?

4. Dexter Vaughn posted a .919 save% and 2.46 GAA with a shutout. How much of a beast is Vaughn right now?

5. Who do you think will be the breakout player in round 2?

6. Tampa vs Montreal in the cup finals. I believe this will be the only time this will ever happen in history. Who do you want to see raise the cup?

Good to know I'm not the only pizza lover here, although @Kmatt with the sushi is kind of suspicious (kidding of course).

Edited by youloser1337

33 minutes ago, youloser1337 said:

2. Halifax and Houston are going to a game 7. Who would you want to face in round 2?

3. Ron World Peace III lit it up in the first round with 9 points. Do you think he was our breakout player in round 1?

4. Dexter Vaughn posted a .919 save% and 2.46 GAA with a shutout. How much of a beast is Vaughn right now?

6. Tampa vs Montreal in the cup finals. I believe this will be the only time this will ever happen in history. Who do you want to see raise the cup?

Good to know I'm not the only pizza lover here, although @Kmatt with the sushi is kind of suspicious (kidding of course).

1. I would love to say yes, maybe for the first 2 or 3 games but it likely won't be a sweep.

2. Houston because a certain someone is there.

3. Hard to argue against it, so yes he was!

4. That is pretty legendary, makes me miss my last player DX

5. I'd like it if it could my player but likely won't be, I'll go with Gary.

6. Well let's not say ever, who knows what the future holds right? I'm going with Montreal because I'm Canadian and I want a Canadian team to win it! feel good story to ^^

11 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

2. Halifax and Houston are going to a game 7. Who would you want to face in round 2?

1. To the moon we’re sweeping every series

2. Houston for sure easy series W

3. for sure he played great

4. he’s in my opinion the best goaltender in the league right now 

5. me I hope haha

6. I’m from Canada so obviously Montreal cest mon ville 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:27 PM, youloser1337 said:

2. Halifax and Houston are going to a game 7. Who would you want to face from the remaining teams in round 2?

1) We definitely keep this momentum going all the way.
2) As much as I'd love a matchup with Halifax, I want Houston because they have a good team and a great GM in RJ.
3) Definitely. He put on a show.
4) He's on fire! Playing great for us right now!
5) I have this feeling that it will be Jannik Nylen.
6) Montreal because I'm Canadian, but as a betting man I would say Tampa.

I wouldn't have called a sweep, but I think we deserved to feel confident going into round 2.

Houston, Halifax had a strong season, though we did start getting the upper hand on them towards the end of the season.

Ron has been great for us all season long, you love to see him continuing to show up in the playoffs.

He's killing it, always great when you can feel confident that your goalie can stop what is being thrown at him.

I expect World Peace III to continue playing well, but the way our team played in the season, we never relied on 1 person to carry the team.

I have no strong feelings on either team.  I'm American so I guess Tampa, plus I can drink up salty Montreal tears when they lose.

7/5 - 7/11 - Cup Finals Edition!

1. Down 3-1 in the Finals. What do you think we need to do to stay in this series?

2. Round 2 was another sweep against Houston. People claim we had an easy road to the finals. Why are they wrong?

3. Zarek Kaczka has taken the point lead over Ron World Peace III. What are your thoughts on our scoring blueline?  

4. The final 3 of the VHL Playoffs are the Seattle Bears, Prague Phantoms, and the Warsaw Predators. Who do you think is taking the cup home?

5. How did you celebrate Canada Day / 4th of July?

6. What are some of your good luck charms? We need them for the finals.

1. Down 3-1 in the Finals. What do you think we need to do to stay in this series?

We actually need to start trying. This is unacceptable and we can definitely perform better! We are better than this.

2. Round 2 was another sweep against Houston. People claim we had an easy road to the finals. Why are they wrong?

They are wrong because it was challenging. It was hard because we had to build the team to be this good, and it took time. Yes, maybe it was easy for the players but it was hard for the management because they had to get this team to the point of having it look easy.

3. Zarek Kaczka has taken the point lead over Ron World Peace III. What are your thoughts on our scoring blueline?  

I think Zarek deserves it and that it proves he is a good player, but that's not really my field of comment. I will leave that for management.

4. The final 3 of the VHL Playoffs are the Seattle Bears, Prague Phantoms, and the Warsaw Predators. Who do you think is taking the cup home?

I think the Warsaw Predators are taking the cup home because they look like a good team, and deserve it.

I don't care about July 4th. On July 1st, I went swimming at the evening at the beach where I live. Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada. Nice and refreshing! Then at 10ish or 11 idk, I fell asleep but they started fireworks. Thankfully I got to see some of them like 5 minutes before they ended!

Stay strong, stay big and work together! Let's go team!

4 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. Play a bit better in defense and get scoring up.

2. Well I mean Houston upset Halifax and we know Hali was a good team, I disagree with anyone saying we had an easy road.

3. It's great to get that many points from the back. Very helpful but it does make you feel like our forwards need to score more.

4. Seattle because well..... there Seattle.

5. Didn't do anything sadly for Canada day, just happy for Canada's 154th b-day ^^

6. A little fake lizard I've had for over a decade, I'll make sure to bring it for our next game!

11 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

1. I think we just need to get back to the basics pass, shoot, score 

2. we earned those two sweeps it wasnt easy for us 

3. its a great weapon to have when youre blueline is dangerous

4.the seattle bears for sure

5. relaxed at the lake enjoying the sun

6. my big bucket hat with a W on it

Maybe needed to shake the lines up some more.  Seems like we are only getting a few guys going.

I don't think there is an easy road to the finals.  Houston beat Halifax who were finished ahead of them.  There are not a lot of flukes in a series.

It's such a huge asset to have to scoring D-men.  Not only can they score but it provides a lot of rebounding opportunities for the forwards.

Obviously it is over now, but I predicted Warsaw to win.  Happy for them.

I just relaxed around the house.  I'm not big on fireworks so not something I get to into.

I know a lot of hockey players are superstitious, but I'm not one of them.  I don't have a lucky charm. 

7/12 - 7/18 - Off-Season Edition!

1. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup, losing in 6 games 4-2 to Yukon. What are your thoughts?

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing before the cup finals this season, what would it be?

3. What advice would you give to the next group for the Minnesota Storm? 

4. How are you spending your time before training camp starts?

5. If you could be a GM for any NHL team, who would you choose and what changes would you make?

6. How do you stay cool in hot and humid days?

Congrats Yukon in a tough series. We're coming for that cup next season!

15 hours ago, youloser1337 said:

7/12 - 7/18 - Off-Season Edition!

1. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup, losing in 6 games 4-2 to Yukon. What are your thoughts?

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing before the cup finals this season, what would it be?

3. What advice would you give to the next group for the Minnesota Storm? 

4. How are you spending your time before training camp starts?

5. If you could be a GM for any NHL team, who would you choose and what changes would you make?

6. How do you stay cool in hot and humid days?

Congrats Yukon in a tough series. We're coming for that cup next season!

1. They were a really good team and I'm just glad it didn't end in a sweep, still really proud of us ^^

2. Well saying "I wish we won it" would be to obvious so I just wish we went to a game 7 to really make Yukon worried XD

3. Earn at your own pace, help is always close in the LR.

4. Games obviously.

5. I mean sharks (although I still think Wilson is a good GM, not everyone is perfect) and if I could go back in time I would keep Pavs and see if I could get EK65 at a lower cap or just pass on him, which would seem insane but hindsight is 20/20

6. Stay indoors, AC on all day.