Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

On 7/13/2021 at 1:58 AM, youloser1337 said:

7/12 - 7/18 - Off-Season Edition!

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup, losing in 6 games 4-2 to Yukon. What are your thoughts?

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing before the cup finals this season, what would it be?

3. What advice would you give to the next group for the Minnesota Storm? 

4. How are you spending your time before training camp starts?

5. If you could be a GM for any NHL team, who would you choose and what changes would you make?

6. How do you stay cool in hot and humid days?

Congrats Yukon in a tough series. We're coming for that cup next season!

1. Unfortunately we didn't win the cup, losing in 6 games 4-2 to Yukon. What are your thoughts?

As a yukon fan i am really happy to have been able to see such a great matchup in the finals, it was a hard fought battle and I could not have been more excited to see it play out.

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing before the cup finals this season, what would it be?

If I could change one thing before the finals it wouldve been to bet a buttload of money on the bracket winner and scores, millionare.

3. What advice would you give to the next group for the Minnesota Storm? 

To have fun and go win some games, theres also a ton of stuff to explore in the different discords so i would also recommend to have fun in the different discords and get some new friends.

4. How are you spending your time before training camp starts?

Taking a rest as i know that training camp takes a ton of durability to push through.

5. If you could be a GM for any NHL team, who would you choose and what changes would you make?

I would like to GM the oilers then, trade off mcdavid, draisaitl and hopkins for a 3rd rounder and then id take a boat to an unkown land so i dont get slaughterd by their fans

6. How do you stay cool in hot and humid days?

Luckily it is pretty windy in Sweden so by just going outside makes me want to go inside again if that makes sense

7/19 - 7/25 - Draft Edition!

1. The VHLM has past and we have made our picks. What do you think of the team right now?

2. Are you excited about next season?

3. We have some work to do to get some waiver players in, what do you think we should use in our pitch?

4. What are your expectations for this season?

5. Any thoughts on the upcoming NHL expansion draft? Any player you hope Seattle takes?

6. What is / was your dream job?

Thanks for all the tips to stay cool. It's a hot summer so far where I am, so I needed it. 👍

1. I currently am very excited joining the team, and hope to put all the effort I can into this team. I am happy to be joining a lineup with as much promise as this one
2. I am stoked for next season, excited to help out the team and hopefully do well
3. I think you should promote the youth, great management, and team environment. i felt very welcomed by all parties walking into the building after being signed, and I think any waiver player would recieve the same warmth that I did
4. I expect to have some fun, to land in playoffs, and potentially run deep, although it will take a lot of effort from everyone
5. Since the draft has passed, I was very excited when Seattle took Vince Dunn over Tarasenko. very solid Defenceman.
6. My Dream job before a hockey player, was a mechanic! I love working on cars and will probably continue to in my free time!

1. I joined this team because there is a lot of potential in this team. I hope that we can all have a nice and successful season.
2. I am very motivated to play for this team this season.
3. I was welcomed very warmly by the team upon my entry. I do think that some reinforcement is needed in the D-line.
4. I think this team has a lot of potential and I hope they can put in a nice cup run.
5. To be honest, I've been more focused on myself and haven't watched the Draft that much.
6. I always played football when I was a bit younger, since a few years I started to focus more on Ice Hockey. But I studied for an IT profession.

Thanks for the interview, see you next.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:29 AM, youloser1337 said:

7/19 - 7/25 - Draft Edition!

1. The VHLM has past and we have made our picks. What do you think of the team right now?

2. Are you excited about next season?

3. We have some work to do to get some waiver players in, what do you think we should use in our pitch?

4. What are your expectations for this season?

5. Any thoughts on the upcoming NHL expansion draft? Any player you hope Seattle takes?

6. What is / was your dream job?

Thanks for all the tips to stay cool. It's a hot summer so far where I am, so I needed it. 👍

1. It's gonna be a lot tougher, that's for sure, I wish you the best.

2. Yes!! Sad I won't be with you guys but playing for the Titans will be fun.

3. Probably that you just went to the finals, but probably that you have a great locker room!

4. 40 some points probably.

5. I'm excited but I don't really have any hope for who they take, I mean if they took EK65 from SJS I would be very happy but their not gonna touch that cap hit.

6. problay making video games when I was younger ^^

7/26 - 8/1 - Season 79 Begins Edition!

1. So, not the best start to the season. Are you staying positive?

2. Our two waiver pickups have been lighting it up. Do you think they can keep it up all season?

3. Caleb Gaudette is leading the team in points. How many points do you think they will end on?

4. Along with the VHLM, the VHL also started their season. Who are your early cup favorites?

5. Are you following the Olympics right now? If so, what sport are you watching?

6. What is your favorite guilty pleasure song?

Great responses everyone! I love reading these when I'm bored at work. Keep up the great work!

Edited by youloser1337

1 .  I will always stay positive, I think we have a good team of course there is always room for improvement but it all comes naturally.
2. Yes I hope so but I have every confidence in that.
3. Hmm, good question. I hope he performs every day. But this is a team sport so I like to see the whole team perform well.
4. Very good question, Uhmm I'll keep that question to myself.
5. Hmm no not really.
6. Hahaha I like this one. It's for sure Bob Marley - Three Little Birds. I just love that song.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, youloser1337 said:

7/26 - 8/1 - Season 79 Begins Edition!

1. So, not the best start to the season. Are you staying positive?

2. Our two waiver pickups have been lighting it up. Do you think they can keep it up all season?

3. Caleb Gaudette is leading the team in points. How many points do you think they will end on?

4. Along with the VHLM, the VHL also started their season. Who are your early cup favorites?

5. Are you following the Olympics right now? If so, what sport are you watching?

6. What is your favorite guilty pleasure song?

Great responses everyone! I love reading these when I'm bored at work. Keep up the great work!

1. We'll be in this until the end.
2. For sure. They're playing like superstars out there.
3. 100 points easily.

4. Davos and Riga.
5. I love the swimming and sprinting.

6. I don't really have one.

8/2 - 8/8 - Early Season Woes Edition!

1. 52 games left in the season so it's still early enough to go on a run. Do you think it can happen?

2. Jocke Jockesson is our only D so far this season. How are you helping on the defensive side of the ice?

3. Our offense is helping out by scoring a bunch so far this season with Gaudette and Ablar leading the charge. Who do you see stepping up to rally us going forward?

4. The Eastern Conference is tough this season. For context, we are sitting at 17 points which is tied for 3rd in the Western Conference. What are your thoughts on this competitive conference?

5. Which NHL arena would you love to see a home game at?

6. What is your ideal summer vacation?

Three Little Birds is a great song! Not gonna lie if Spice Girls Wannabe comes on I'm immediately singing along. 🤐

1. Yeah for sure. I believe we can make it happen.
2. Yeah thats a problem we need to solve. But when I step on that Ice I don't think about that I'm here to help te team in any way possible.
3. Yes they are doing a fatastic job, Not to be selfish but I got already 10 goals and 13 assist so I think the whole offense is doing a great job!
4. Every year the teams get a lot stronger. I think it's more fun for the people at home.
5. Hmm, I really like the T-Mobile Arena.
6. That would be Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams :P

On 8/2/2021 at 3:53 PM, youloser1337 said:

8/2 - 8/8 - Early Season Woes Edition!

1. 52 games left in the season so it's still early enough to go on a run. Do you think it can happen?

Im just ecstatic to make my debut ! I think we can make a run down the road just need recruit some more D or maybe move a goalie for some D, 1 D man just wont work 

2. Jocke Jockesson is our only D so far this season. How are you helping on the defensive side of the ice?

Well ive grown up playing F/D this will be my first season where i will be playing exclusively on the wing and not on the blue line. Defence is and always has been my best attribute

3. Our offense is helping out by scoring a bunch so far this season with Gaudette and Ablar leading the charge. Who do you see stepping up to rally us going forward?

Not to bee selfish but I can see myself collecting quite a few garbage goals and tons of apples if given the opportunity to play with Gaudette and Ablar, @Laine @youloser1337 I would even be willing to invest 10 TPE into now rather than later as I am like a said a swiss army knife and im a LW/C (if you want me to be! Please let me know if you agree with my TPE spending decisions or not ! i would love you input @Laine @Spence King my cousin had nothing but great things to say about you ❤️ 

4. The Eastern Conference is tough this season. For context, we are sitting at 17 points which is tied for 3rd in the Western Conference. What are your thoughts on this competitive conference?

As just joining the league everything is still an adjustment period for now , i notice the bulls SOMEHOW still have RJ as their GM and the team seems to NEVER have a full roster or even 6 F and 4 D atleast , these small rosters and then other teams with stacked rosters and not even with skill but just bodies makes such a diference when we literally have just one defenceman, idfk how that works in the sim engine but IMO it shouldnt and this issue should be #1 on the list for the BOGs after the amazing VHLE expansion. #VHLM>VHLE

5. Which NHL arena would you love to see a home game at?

I dont know how im going to get there but im going to watch the kraken home opener in seattle !! that arena looks 🔥

6. What is your ideal summer vacation?

Traveling across europe/Africa/South American alongside the ocean and hiking the mountains as well as catching some gnarly waves and relaxing on the beach after a day of checking out ancient ruins n shit 

Three Little Birds is a great song! Not gonna lie if Spice Girls Wannabe comes on I'm immediately singing along. 🤐 @youloser1337 (What is this?) quote 

8/9 - 8/15 - Trade Edition!

1. We recently traded Caleb Gaudette and I Mine Crypto to the Las Vegas Aces. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Now that two of our forwards were traded a spot opened up on the 1st line. Who do you think we should put there?

3. If you were the GM of the team, would you be a seller or buyer going forward?

4. We go up against the Aces, Hounds, and Bulls for our next 3 games. What is your expectations for these games?

5. What is the best NHL trade from your favorite team?

6. Is vanilla a flavor or is it an ice cream base?

1. It's sad to see them leave, but I wish them the best.
2. I think Ernie King Jr will be a perfect replacement for Gaudette.
3. If I would be the GM I think for this season a seller and next season a buyer and aim for a top spot.
4. I believe with this team we still can get some points outta them.

5. Hmm, I don't have an anwser for that, I didn't follow the trades.
6. Tricky question :P, I think it's a flavor.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, youloser1337 said:

1. We recently traded Caleb Gaudette and I Mine Crypto to the Las Vegas Aces. What are your thoughts on this? Sadly i didnt get to know these guys well but i think the aces got a couple of talented players.

2. Now that two of our forwards were traded a spot opened up on the 1st line. Who do you think we should put there? I think we have a few people that could 100 percent fill that spot well.

3. If you were the GM of the team, would you be a seller or buyer going forward? If i were the GM i would definitely be a seller this season and try to get assets for next season.

4. We go up against the Aces, Hounds, and Bulls for our next 3 games. What is your expectations for these games? I think we have the team to beat these teams just gotta focus and play smart.

5. What is the best NHL trade from your favorite team? Trading Loui Eriksson, Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussel, 1st rd pick 2021, 2nd rd in 2022 and 7th rd in 2023 for Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Conor Garland

6. Is vanilla a flavor or is it an ice cream base? Hmmmm I gotta go with flavor.

8/16 - 8/22 - Theme Week / AGM Birthday Edition!

1. Besides the Founder's Cup / Continental Cup, what award would you want to win during your players career?

2. We recently got Nils Godlander ( @Moon_50 ) on waivers and Godlander already put up 4 points in 8 games. What are your reactions to that?

3. Everyone on the team has a - +/- rating. What do you think we should do to help improve that?

4. Have you ever won an award in your life? Could be from sports or anything else.

5. In the NHL, who is your favorite team from the East and West?

6. What beverage do you have all the time?

To answer #6 for you guys, I gave up soda years ago and switched to only drinking water. I used to drink those 2 liter bottles of soda a day. It was gross. So glad I switched though! :D 

On 8/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, youloser1337 said:

1. We recently traded Caleb Gaudette and I Mine Crypto to the Las Vegas Aces. What are your thoughts on this?

TEACH ME HOW TO MINE CRYPTO !!!

2. Now that two of our forwards were traded a spot opened up on the 1st line. Who do you think we should put there?

Ernie !? 👀

3. If you were the GM of the team, would you be a seller or buyer going forward?

seller ofcourse !! the future is bright ! 

4. We go up against the Aces, Hounds, and Bulls for our next 3 games. What is your expectations for these games?

My expectations are to scare the opposition , fear is what i bring to the table and im going to bang bodies regardless ! 

5. What is the best NHL trade from your favorite team?

i dont follow the NHL , but i do love the Bulls Trade to get Lonzo !! 

6. Is vanilla a flavor or is it an ice cream base?

Both !?

On 8/16/2021 at 8:35 AM, youloser1337 said:

8/16 - 8/22 - Theme Week / AGM Birthday Edition!

1. Besides the Founder's Cup / Continental Cup, what award would you want to win during your players career? I want to win whatever trophies i can team or player trophies.

2. We recently got Nils Godlander ( @Moon_50 ) on waivers and Godlander already put up 4 points in 8 games. What are your reactions to that? I really think i can help this team out we have an amzing group of players i think i can just really help this team take one step closer to being a contender.

3. Everyone on the team has a - +/- rating. What do you think we should do to help improve that? I think we have to just play smarter we have been slowly getting better each game we play but at this point in the season we should just put that behind us.

4. Have you ever won an award in your life? Could be from sports or anything else. I have won quite a few awards in bowling and football.

5. In the NHL, who is your favorite team from the East and West? My favourite east team is the Toronto Maple Leafs and West is the Vancouver Canucks

6. What beverage do you have all the time? Water, i don't like pop (soda) at all.

To answer #6 for you guys, I gave up soda years ago and switched to only drinking water. I used to drink those 2 liter bottles of soda a day. It was gross. So glad I switched though! :D 

8/23 - 8/29 - Trade Deadline Edition!

1. Jocke Jockesson was traded to Saskatoon. We did get a free agent signing in Cube Whale though. What are your thoughts on the trade?

2. Do you think Cube Whale can fill the hole that the departing Jockesson left? 

3. It appears that our goalies have been released due to lack of motivation (inactivity), do you think we can recover from this?

4. The waiver wire is buzzing the past few days. What role do you think we absolutely need to fill with waivers this season?

5. After a long losing streak it appears we are finally getting some wins. Who do you think contributed to that the most?

6. What is the most inspiring thing you have seen / done?

7. If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you want to bring to survive?

Edited by youloser1337

On 8/23/2021 at 7:01 AM, youloser1337 said:

8/23 - 8/29 - Trade Deadline Edition!

1. Jocke Jockesson was traded to Saskatoon. We did get a free agent signing in Cube Whale though. What are your thoughts on the trade? Its sad to see Jocke go. Jocke was a very good D-Man but Cube Whale has potential to be a star player in this league. 

2. Do you think Cube Whale can fill the hole that the departing Jockesson left? Not right away but with some growing Cube Whale could 100% fill that hole.

3. It appears that our goalies have been released due to lack of motivation (inactivity), do you think we can recover from this? We did just pick up Mike Hroch who has played 1 game and performed pretty well i really think he will be the piece we need to recover.

4. The waiver wire is buzzing the past few days. What role do you think we absolutely need to fill with waivers this season? I really think if we can get a D-Man that would really help our team.

5. After a long losing streak it appears we are finally getting some wins. Who do you think contributed to that that the most? I honestly think everyone contributed our team has been playing really well and our management has been doing very good.

6. What is the most inspiring thing you have seen / done? People who have been paralyzed getting to walk for the first time!

7. If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you want to bring to survive? Hatchet, Blanket and lighter.

1. Jocke Jockesson was traded to Saskatoon. We did get a free agent signing in Cube Whale though. What are your thoughts on the trade?

I didn't have much opportinity to get to know Jocke before the trade, but I know he was appreciated around here from talking to some of the other players. My last name, Hroch, means "Hippo" in Czech so I'm all for having another large aquatic animal guy around.

3. It appears that our goalies have been released due to lack of motivation (inactivity), do you think we can recover from this?

Oh yeah, totally! Mostly because I'm here now. I'm not saying I am the best goalie in the world, but I am certainly better than no goalie. That I can guarantee. 

4. The waiver wire is buzzing the past few days. What role do you think we absolutely need to fill with waivers this season?

Looking at the team, I've gotta say it was the goalie spot. I've been more of a backup in my career so I'm not offended if the team continues to try and fill this hole by picking up another goalie. Would be great to share the load. But so far, it looks like the #1 need has been addressed.

5. After a long losing streak it appears we are finally getting some wins. Who do you think contributed to that the most?

I like to think I've had something to do with it, but I know that's not true, at least on the ice. I'm still getting my feet steady here in the league. Every team gets better with experience and by that definition we are better than we were last week during the losing streak.

6. What is the most inspiring thing you have seen / done?

I once saw a preteen girl eat six chicken chalupas in one sitting at Taco Bell. The most I've ever done is four. To this day that little ginger kid is a huge inspiration to me.

7. If you were stuck on an island what 3 items would you want to bring to survive?

Big Mac with no onions, Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Pizza Hut breadsticks. Yummmm.

8/30 - 9/05 - Playoff Edition!

1. Our season is done unfortunately. We failed to make the playoffs. What do you think went wrong?

2. How do you think your player did?

3a. For those who are going to be draft, any nerves about the draft?

3b. For those who were already drafted, how was your draft day?

4. What are your thoughts on the Junior Tournament that is running right now?

5. What do you think about the recent influx of new players to the VHLM?

6. What was that one toy you always wanted but could never afford / couldn't have?

1. Our season is done unfortunately. We failed to make the playoffs. What do you think went wrong?

I don't think anything went terribly wrong, per se, it just wasn't our year. It happens sometimes. 

2. How do you think your player did?

I went 0-7 which is kind of a bummer. 85.6% saves, which is a decent benchmark to start with and improve upon in the future.

3a. For those who are going to be draft, any nerves about the draft?

No nerves, per se - just excited about the process! I am really not sure about any of the teams or anything, so it will be fun to learn who is out there.

4. What are your thoughts on the Junior Tournament that is running right now?

It should be fun. I just got drafted to the Brigade. Gonna bring that big Hippo energy to the tournament.

5. What do you think about the recent influx of new players to the VHLM?

It's exciting. Always good to get some fresh blood in a league, and I'm excited to be part of that.

6. What was that one toy you always wanted but could never afford / couldn't have?

That would be an easy bake oven. I love delicious sweets and desserts and it would've been so fun for little Mike to be able to make them myself.

09/06 - 9/12 - Labor Day Edition!

1. If you haven't seen yet I've been promoted to the Mexico City Kings GM so this will probably one of the last pressers I do for Minnesota. Are you excited for a new AGM?

2. What do you think of the VHLM playoffs so far? Any upsets?

3. Same goes for the VHL, what are your thoughts?

4. Which VHL draft class do you think is the best? (Season 75 is cool 😎)

5. With Labor day comes the unofficial end of Summer. How was your summer?

6. What are your plans for Labor day / what did you do on Labor day?

• 2 weeks later...

09/13 - 09/19

Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE or 6 Questions for 2 TPE!

1. The draft is coming up this week. Is there anyone you think we should pick?
2. What do you think about the recent Continental Cup Final between Malmo and Seattle?
3. For any of our players going back to school this month, how have things gone for you?
4. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

5. The NHL season will be starting in just under a month. Which team are you excited to watch?
6. What/Who is your favourite NHL Player/Team?

Edited by Laine

• 2 weeks later...

Presser!

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE.

1. How do you think the Storm are doing this season?

2. What is the biggest thing that the Storm need to work on?

3. What do you think of Minnesota getting their new Assistant General Manager?

4. What is your favourite flavour of cake?

5. Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this season?

6. What is your opinion on cats?

That will be your last minute presser.

Edited by Domino