Minnesota Storm Press Conference Questions

On 2/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, LefLop said:

1. I like the Sharks, they remind me of my friends and I admire their instincts.

2. Yes, I am not interesting in playing any other sport

3. I think I would enjoy a sim league about gorilla hunting

4. I hate hybrid icing. Let the boys play.

6. I think things are working well, but I am a bit daunted by the number of career tasks I can do

7. The one that I eat the most food in. Probably dinner - i eat so much before bed. that's why i'm fat

SHARKEY BOIS CHOMP CHOMP

2/14-2/21

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1) PLAYOFF TIME BOYS! Predict the outcome of our first series with the Lynx!

2) Ottawa has the number one scorer from the regular season, Theodore Hoffman. How hard will it be to contain him?

3) Is there anyone else on their squad you think we need to keep an eye out for? 
4) The Ottawa/Minnesota matchup is a pretty intense one historically (going back to my first season in the VHL where we as the Lynx beat Minnesota in the Founder's Cup Finals 👀 ) what are your thoughts on it? Do you think the VHLM can really form rivalries due to how it's set up?

5) We went 6-1-1 against the Lynx during the regular season. Do you remember any of the games? 

6) Do you think home ice matters less during COVID times? Does it matter at all? 
7) What are the odds we win the cup? 

8 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

2) Ottawa has the number one scorer from the regular season, Theodore Hoffman. How hard will it be to contain him?

3) Is there anyone else on their squad you think we need to keep an eye out for? 
4) The Ottawa/Minnesota matchup is a pretty intense one historically (going back to my first season in the VHL where we as the Lynx beat Minnesota in the Founder's Cup Finals 👀 ) what are your thoughts on it? Do you think the VHLM can really form rivalries due to how it's set up?

5) We went 6-1-1 against the Lynx during the regular season. Do you remember any of the games? 

6) Do you think home ice matters less during COVID times? Does it matter at all? 

1. We'll lose one in the process then take the series.

2. Our goalies are walls just in case.

3. Joshoo or Pisa. They were both top 10 as well in scoring.

4. I mean it sounds like there is one!

5. Not off the top of my head no.

6. Home Ice matters when you win, because you want to win at home.

7. 3-1

12 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1. 4-3 storm win. They are a tough team. 

2. As a member of the defense we will throw the entire book at him to slow him down. 

3. Everyone is a threat. Underestimate at your peril.

4. Yes. My agency runs a SBDL team and there are some deep rivalries. I see the same here. 

5. No. I forget and focus on the next one. 

6. For me no. When I am on the rink the world is mine and mine alone. 

23 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1. Easy win 4-1 

2. It will be hard but Moore will just destroy him 

3. not really 

4. I don’t really know I just started in the league 

5. Not really but with these stats I think that was good games 

6.  I think it do not matter with COVID 

7. I think we really can do it ! 

46 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1) PLAYOFF TIME BOYS! Predict the outcome of our first series with the Lynx! We sweep em

2) Ottawa has the number one scorer from the regular season, Theodore Hoffman. How hard will it be to contain him? It'll be rough, we aren't the best at limiting shots so he'll probably get a lot which won't matter with Tot in net 

4) The Ottawa/Minnesota matchup is a pretty intense one historically (going back to my first season in the VHL where we as the Lynx beat Minnesota in the Founder's Cup Finals 👀 ) what are your thoughts on it? Do you think the VHLM can really form rivalries due to how it's set up? I don't think rivalries are really present down here, but Ottawa v Minnesota is probably one of the few

5) We went 6-1-1 against the Lynx during the regular season. Do you remember any of the games? I think I had a hatty in 1

6) Do you think home ice matters less during COVID times? Does it matter at all? Not at all without fans, but it can be intimidating to play the away team.
7) What are the odds we win the cup? 40%

1. We will win the first 3, lose 1, and then we finish them off.

2. We have Tot and Moore to shred him into pieces.

3. Not really. We will dominate them. Just keep them in their zone and we will win.

4. I haven't done my research on the rivalry between Ottawa and Minnesota so I don't have anything to say here.

5. Not that I can remember.

6. It doesn't matter during COVID times as they don't have the advantage with the fans pressuring the away team.

7. Over 50% if Houston gets eliminated. Lower if they make it to the finals to face us.

1. I don't want to sound to confident so 4-2 or 4-1

2. I've got my Defense up pretty high and we've got some good defensemen and goalies 

3. I don't look at other rosters that often so I don't really know.

4. Hey if there isn't a rivalry already maybe we'll make one

5. We played them pretty late in the season and won 6-5 in OT so if all the games are close like that it should be a good series.

6. Home ice still matters because you want to protect your house! :D

7. Other than Houston I think were in the clear. (Again don't want to get to cocky)

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1) Sweep!!!!!!

2) Our superior defense will take care of him

3) No as i said before i think we will sweep

4) I dont really think rivalries are that big in the VHLM

5) No not really

6) If there are no fans then i dont think it matters

7) I think our odds our good 

1)

We taking this one in 5 games. I’m giving them the one game ‘cause we need to lose every once in a while to refocus ourselves. 

2)

the guy certainly can play. So can our squad - we’ve been paying attention to our defense all season long, making sure it would be in place for the actual season that counts. It’s go time. This should be a good warmup. 

3)
I don’t even know who’s on their team. I focus on the team as a whole. Not individuals. The sooner we beat them, the sooner we can move on. 
4)

From a historical, franchise basis - yeah sure rivalries can be formed. But if you’re looking for bad blood type of shit, they probably only run a season or two before the players are done or change teams. So... yeah. 

5)
nope not really. Ottawa can use this as their bulletin board all they want to. We’re still winning this series. 

6)
I think the impact has been reduced just a bit. But it isn’t completely out of the window. We do have a certain nook on our home rink... well, I’ll leave it at that. Gotta maintain that advantage. 
we’re the second seed so we aren’t the favorite. So I’d wager money on us winning. Give us 5-1 odds. 

7 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1) I think we will win series 4:1 or 4:2

2) They have two good players who are carrying the team, best we can do is not give them space and time.

3) Yes, The Leaning Tower of Pisa

4) I can't say anything about this.

5) Yes maybe some of them.

6) Home ice matters, because you always want to protect your home.

7) I think final with Houston would be hard, so if we win then the series would be like 4:3

18 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1) 4-1 in our favor

2) I'm confident our D corp can shut him down.

3) They have a couple guys that can light it up, but its nothing we can't handle.

4) Rivalries are always fun. Those games are more exciting for me.

6) I think home ice still matters. You get used to spots where the puck bounces and that can be important.

7) I think we have a good chance. 

21 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1. I think It'll be a 4-1 or 4-2 series win at the worst for us.

2. He won't be a problem, we have a really solid group on the back end.

3. I don't think so, We outclass them pretty much everywhere.

4. Yes and no for me. Lots of the players that only spend 2 out of every 16 months or so in the M, would have trouble getting engaged since the bulk of the time is spent in the big leagues. On the other hand, crazy series do create rivalries! 

5. Not many no.

6.I would say a bit less, but there would still be a bit of nostalgia playing at home again.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1. Well, I did this after the series... but I think we’ll thump Miami in the next round (are we playing Miami???)

2. I have 70 checking for a reason. To run him over.

3. We have to keep an eye on everyone, or else someone will be open.

4. Nice! I think so, the Iron Bowl is a huge rivalry and you can only play up to 4 years on a team, so yeah,

5. Nope!

6. Depends on what you do to the home ice... Perhaps you have it slanted every so slightly uphill so that the opponents find it harder to score 😂

7. 1-6 (win $1 for every $6 you bet on us)

On 2/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

1. 4-0 sweep
  2. hopefully we ca keep him to a low amount of points but its gonna be hard to shut him down 
  3. someone on there team is gonna surprise us if only we could know who it would be
  4. yeah screw those jerks 😋
  5. not a lot no hard to separate all the games 
  6. i think teams can feed off of crowds but its probably not as game deciding 
  7. hopefully a lot 👀

On 2/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

2/14-2/21

Well I already missed this LMAO, but good job boys good job. 

We took them out with no ease at all so ha!

Rivalries would be awesome! I hope something like that actually happens. Hopefully it's all fun and games though, I don't want actual hate towards other people in the community because of a sim league haha.

I'm pretty sure I had a couple multi-point games I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe because they get to see their families or something before the game? I honestly don't think it makes a difference, maybe the goal horn makes them more excited. I know some teams are letting fans back in which is awesome, but dangerous at the same time. I just want the heck out of here it's so tiring living through this.

Now that we're down 2-0 I'd say like a 10-30 percent chance? Not entirely sure.

2/28-3/7 (I forgot to modify last weeks question dates, my b)

1) Well, unfortunately it's the end of the road. What was our downfall against Mexico? 
2) How did our performance this season as a team meet your expectations at the start of the season? 
3) Did you hit the personal goals you set out to achieve? 

4) What is next for your player? Will you be heading up to the VHL or sticking with the VHLM for a while longer?

5) Do you think you have a shot at any awards this season? 

6) Who do you think was our MVP this season?

7) What are you gonna do now that the season is done? Offseason plans? 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1) Well, unfortunately it's the end of the road. What was our downfall against Mexico? 
2) How did our performance this season as a team meet your expectations at the start of the season? 

4) What is next for your player? Will you be heading up to the VHL or sticking with the VHLM for a while longer?

1. Special teams and myself it seems.

2. Well I had expectations of being in the finales against houston, so not quite.

3. Just shy, was hoping for over a .900 save percentage but fell short.

4. While I'll hit 250 this week, I'm not entirely sure if I'll be called up. Hoping for it thought!

5. Goalie of the year maybe?

6. Moreau tore it up so much.

7. Think up more awful Media Spot ideas that are only funny to me.

1. Special teams and keep pucks out. They also have a more experienced team though.

2. I expected our team to go to the finals and potentially winning the cup.

3. I did not reach my personal goals. I had the sophomore slump. Probably because I wasn't put on the first line.

4. I'll probably stay in the VHLM for one more year and maybe take over captaincy before moving up to the VHL so I can dominate the VHL in my rookie season.

5. No. My performance has not been great this season. Maybe next season though.

6. Brandon Telker definetly. He's a stud for our team.

7. Work on more graphics and practice more.

1. Penalties 

2. Well the year before we sucked so I was hoping for a good season and we got that.

3. I try to do better then the season before and I didn't get there this year. But I had less minutes so it was still a decent season given my ice time.

4. I get the privilege of staying in Minnesota for a while longer.

5. Nope. I was 4th line most of the year.

6. Telker was great 

7. Get my TPE up more and get ready to have a great season next season!

57 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1.) we simply did not have it on defense. No disrespect to Mexico City but I don’t think we really brought our A game for some reason. 

2.) I was thinking Finals or bust all season long, believing in our teams progression and tinkering until we found something that could carry us. If we lost in 7 games or whatever I think I would be more okay with it if you know what I mean?

3.) At the beginning I thought I had a shot at 100 points or maybe a 50 goal kind of thing. That didn’t quite pan out how I envision it at the beginning. Maybe I should temper my expectations for next season. 

4.) Heading t the VHL period. 

5.) Sadly nope. Third line duties does that to you. 

6.) Definitely Brendan Telker. The guy was a scoring machine and we wouldn’t have gone as far as we did without him. 

7.) Probably go back to my home country of Iceland and hang out with my boy Wolfie Stansson Jr. The guy missed me dearly.

1 hour ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1) Well, unfortunately it's the end of the road. What was our downfall against Mexico? I think we came in over confident, and then where off our game after losing the first two
2) How did our performance this season as a team meet your expectations at the start of the season?  They blew them out of the water, I was thinking wildcard team and here we are in second place league wide
3) Did you hit the personal goals you set out to achieve? Well my defense game improved exponentially (or more accurately I had a spectacular defense helping) and kept similar production

4) What is next for your player? Will you be heading up to the VHL or sticking with the VHLM for a while longer? I'll probably play one more season down here in Minnesota

5) Do you think you have a shot at any awards this season? Nah

6) Who do you think was our MVP this season? Moore all the way, the guy destroyed

7) What are you gonna do now that the season is done? Offseason plans? I'm gonna work as hard as I can every day until camp starts so that we don't get embarrased like that again

7 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1) I'm speachles

2) I was thinking we will get to the finals

3) Well my goal was the cup, so i guess no

4) I think i'll gonna try to make VHL team

5) I don't think so

6) Telker was great

7) Getting ready for next season for VHL

11 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

1. I don’t really know seriously I was not ready for that ! 

2. Yes we did a nice job ! 

3. Yes I think I have put more than 1 points per games 

4. I’m going to the VHL ! 

5. not really 

6. maybe telker or Moore ! 

7. play in the pro am and I hope play in the WJC too !