Julius Freeman First Regular Season In Review

rjfryman

When I thought about this season I had no idea what I would do or even where I would end up. I joined the league after the VHLM Draft, so when most new players have a team that picks them I did not have that luxury. Some people don't think of that as a luxury but to me not knowing anything about the league it would have been. Someone putting blind faith in me and picking would have been nice, but I ended talking with a few GM's and after getting some sage advice from @McWolf about asking What I want and balancing that out with realistic expectations, I join his team. He was real with me and the expectations that I should have. Being new I will be starting on the third line and if I work hard I can work toward the second line. This was my expectations that at my cap I would be a second line LW especially since we already had a great LW in @SirRupertBarnes. I worked hard to get as much experience as I could and I surprised everyone including myself in the VHLM preseason. One that I am so thankful for especially since they should not have had one. With my preseason performance and my dedication apparent to my team and GM, I was fortunate to be selected as one of the Assistant Captains. A great honor that I would do my best to earn. Along with that McWolf believed in me and gave me the opportunity of a lifetime to get some first line minutes. It was on the RW but hey I was playing minutes that I did not deserve at the time. But that belief pushed me and made me want to earn as much experience as I possibly could. I would prove to Mcwolf that his faith in me was not wrong. I pushed myself to the limit more times than not. There was not a week that went by that I was not sore from all the training but through that, It made me a better player. I was selected to the WJC world team, for a different position but It showed that I was getting recognised by more than just my team. I vowed that I would be good enough to make it in my own position by the time the tournament started and even though I think I did, some people still only saw me as an alternate. I did my best and worked my position as best as I could and even in my few minutes, I was able to get some points for the team. Now there are 3 games left in the regular season and I am sitting at 97 points. Something I could only dream about when I was thinking about the start of my career but now its possible to get 100 points in my first season. That would be great. Hopefully, I get it. Hopefully, we go far in the playoffs. Hopefully, we can bring a cup to Halifax where it belongs.

EDIT: He did get his 100 points in the season

Edited by rjfryman

31 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

You are a great example that hard work and dedication can lead to success! Superb community member and someone to look up to when it comes to activity! Cheers and have a drink on me! ?

Thanks, FrostBeard. I always look forward to the ECW and your kind words made me smile this morning. 

1 hour ago, Spade18 said:

Right!? where is the ribbing! the rude responses!

THE OVER DRAMATIC REACTION!?!?!

(HHH bust btw)

How about this? If Julius Freeman started playing at the same time as Shane Mars and HHH, He would be closer to those players in TPE. Maybe even Better...

@Beaviss @Spade18

1 minute ago, rjfryman said:

How about this? If Julius Freeman started playing at the same time as Shane Mars and HHH, He would be closer to those players in TPE. Maybe even Better...

@Beaviss @Spade18

Better.

Also PFFFFT YOU WOULD BE IN THE SAME SPOT #GETREKT #SHANEMARS2019 #HHHBUST #IMNOTREALLYSUREIVENEVERUSEDHASHTAGS

7 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Maybe @Spade18 but not me

Idk I just did a count of TPE that I 100% know I would have gotten and I would be within 10 TPE to you and that is another month for me to win another lottery so idk?

6 minutes ago, rjfryman said:

Idk I just did a count of TPE that I 100% know I would have gotten and I would be within 10 TPE to you and that is another month for me to win another lottery so idk?

Dont pussy foot with him.

You KNOW you would be 10 tpe BETTER than him if you had the extra month

Just now, Spade18 said:

Dont pussy foot with him.

You KNOW you would be 10 tpe BETTER than him if you had the extra month

No by my count Im back 10 TPE. But trust me if it were closer I would also be invading some VHL game chats for extra chances at that sweet sweet lotto.

1 hour ago, rjfryman said:

moreso, you would've been #1 by a wide margin had you carryover TPE. Spade and Beav who? Freeman has the most potential out of all draftees. 

and Aaltonen is second btw.