10 Years on the VHL

Victor

• Admin

It is Easter weekend 2019 and that made me think that I must have joined around easter in 2009. So I checked my builder article and lo and behold, my joining date was in fact early April 2009, meaning that I have now been on the VHL for just over a decade. OK, its not quite up there with Beketov and Fong and a handful of others (not including Quik here cuz he must have been missing for half the leagues history), and I did leave for just over a year until I came back last summer (granted I kept popping back in pretty regularly) but still. Ten fucking years.

I don't think its possible to explain everything that's changed in 10 years. In internet terms that's probably like someone talking about what life was like in the 50s. I'm sure most members newer than myself were on the internet in 2009 (although the frightening thought is that I'm sure there's a few who were not), but the same concept applies to sim leagues - they are just simply not the same these days. Better or worse that's not for me to decide but different. I don't know if teenage me would enjoy cutting my teeth in the modern VHL or if current me would enjoy the bullshit of the league a decade ago so its probably all for the best. But fuck. 10 years.

Anyway, that's that. Happy Easter folks. Happy my sort of anniversary. Have a good rest of the long weekend. Much love xx. ❤️

Congrats on the decade Victor, and yeah it's crazy to think that some members may have not even been using the internet back then. To my mind I'm just like, what? The idea that someone hasn't been using the internet since like...98 or earlier is crazy to me I think haha. 

Here is to another 10? :P If you were to do another ten years, and had to come up with a name for your for sure last ever player...what would it be? Also this isn't a press conference but I'm asking questions anyways. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Devise said:

Here is to another 10? :P If you were to do another ten years, and had to come up with a name for your for sure last ever player...what would it be? Also this isn't a press conference but I'm asking questions anyways. 

I think if I'm still here in 2029 something has gone horribly wrong haha.

I reckon id go for something personal like just my real name. Or some tribute to my old username. 

9 minutes ago, Victor said:

I reckon id go for something personal like just my real name. Or some tribute to my old username. 

I'm surprised we haven't just gotten a Tommy Lee Jones out of you by now tbh. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Victor said:

OK, its not quite up there with Beketov and Fong and a handful of others 

I said this quite confidently but just scanned down the list of active players and I think the only other additions are Tyler and Robbie lol. Plus Bushito who joined pretty much with me and Greg who was just before.

We're a dying breed.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Alfieforever and ever and ever