Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 7/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Thunder said:

1925660273_MexicoCityBanner.png.907bd29eee5dab96ff3de0dbe2108815.png

Press Conference

Week ending 07/10/22

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE!)

1.  After 10 games we are tied with the Houston Bulls, but we are ahead in the goal differential.  Which Kings player do you think is having the biggest impact with our wins?

2.  Our goalies are off to a great start.  Henry Tucker Jr and Jeremy Swayman have incredible stats thus far.  How confident are you that we will continue to win with these two goalies in front of the net?

3.  What is your take on Scottie House’s latest graphic posted in the locker room and how does your graphics ability compare to Scottie?

4.  Our discord channel is one of the more active channels and you are to be credited with the success.  How much do you enjoy being involved with the team on discord?

5.  Which team do you consider to be the biggest rival of the Kings and how badly are you willing to beat them during the season?

6.  How many push ups can you do in a minute?

1. It's got to be my boy Tater Tottingham. Been a huge help on offense and defense, and the retired Henry Tucker smiles in approval.

2. As one of the goalies in the net, I am exceptionally confident in our ability to continue winning. I will only get better and better as time goes on and so will he.

3. That graphic is plenty fine and I must confess, I am super duper incompetent with graphics.

4. It's very fun and occasionally overwhelming, but definitely fun.

5. I would definitely say Houston, as we're pretty close to their team in terms of location.

6. Maybe 10? I have no idea.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:55 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/10/22

1.  After 10 games we are tied with the Houston Bulls, but we are ahead in the goal differential.  Which Kings player do you think is having the biggest impact with our wins?

2.  Our goalies are off to a great start.  Henry Tucker Jr and Jeremy Swayman have incredible stats thus far.  How confident are you that we will continue to win with these two goalies in front of the net?

3.  What is your take on Scottie House’s latest graphic posted in the locker room and how does your graphics ability compare to Scottie?

4.  Our discord channel is one of the more active channels and you are to be credited with the success.  How much do you enjoy being involved with the team on discord?

5.  Which team do you consider to be the biggest rival of the Kings and how badly are you willing to beat them during the season?

6.  How many push ups can you do in a minute?

1. William Futch is currently racking up a lot of points, I think that he is heavily contributing to our wins (with our goalies too)

2. Both our goalies have exceptional save%, they are an important piece to the team and we probably wouldn't be as good without them, I am very confident that with them in the crease, winning is almost a guarantee.

3. Scottie's graphics are actually pretty nice, I don't do graphics so I can't really say they're trash (they are not trash).

4. I'm not really active on the team's discord.

5. The Las Vegas Aces probably, beating them is crucial if we want to take over the number one spot in the Wester Conference.

6. About 50 

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1. William Futch, Doug Britton, and Tater Tottingham are leading the team in points thus far.  What do you attribute to their success?

2.  Would you rather lonely discord locker room but a winning season, or an active discord locker room with a respectable season?  In other words, does winning mean everything to you?  Why or why not?

3.  Have you ever jumped off a bridge or swung from a rope to go swimming?

4.  What was your take on the NHL draft?  Did your favorite team pick up some good players?

5.  The Las Vegas Aces have given us trouble lately.  What do you think we can do to beat them?

6.  What was the last food you had that was cooked on a barbecue, or open flame?

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1. William Futch, Doug Britton, and Tater Tottingham are leading the team in points thus far.  What do you attribute to their success?

2.  Would you rather lonely discord locker room but a winning season, or an active discord locker room with a respectable season?  In other words, does winning mean everything to you?  Why or why not?

4.  What was your take on the NHL draft?  Did your favorite team pick up some good players?

5.  The Las Vegas Aces have given us trouble lately.  What do you think we can do to beat them?

6.  What was the last food you had that was cooked on a barbecue, or open flame?

1. I mean it seems like Britton and I just have great chemistry, so I think that helps. I'm guessing something about our builds really compliments each other.

2. I prefer active locker rooms... which might be why Tot didn't have much success in his career lol

3. No, but I would have no problem doing so. I don't mind heights.

4. Getting rid of Mrazek was nice for my Leafs. Kirby Dach is not worth the 13th overall. Happy Wright fell to my west team, the Kraken.

5. Run the goalie. 😈 No but seriously, it just comes down to finding the right lineup combination.

6. BBQ was hotdogs, but open flame is much more interesting. I had delicious short ribs while I was camping last month.

34 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1: I think they have great success because we have one of the best D-men if not the best and also all of them have a pretty good build.

2: I like an active locker room It’s why better in my opinion.i mean who doesn’t like winning of course I prefer to win but you can’t always win plus losing helps you see what you can improve on.

3: I have never done that before but I would like to try

4: I liked the picks that Pittsburgh Penguins made, especially Owen Pickering I like his why of playing but he is going to have to put on some muscle before he can come in the NHL but he said he has been working on it.

5: We definitely have to switch up the strategy like switching the lineup and finding some lineups that give Aces a hard time to come into or zone, and have a give a hard time for the goalie to stop the puck.

6: the last food that was cooked on a barbecue that I ate was Ribs. I’m so hungry for that now lol.

10 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1. I think we can attribute the confidence to the dedication of their play. That's what makes for a fun game.
2. I much prefer an active Discord with a respectable season than an inactive Discord with a winning season. Because the fun is not the same.
3. No, never 
4. The draft was nice, I think so
5. You have to trust the process, this technique has always been a winner.
6. Steak

On 7/11/2022 at 10:36 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1. I think they have been applying their TPE to the right areas and been really smart about they improve to gain success.

2. I think I’d prefer to play for a team with a lively environment, winning doesn’t mean too much, and success will follow activity anyway.

3. not a bridge but I’ve done some cliff jumping which is pretty fun. 

4. my team performed great at the draft they got a first round talent in the 2nd round and got great value late in the first.

5.  We just need to not let it discourage us and heat up closer to the end of the season when games count more.

6.  I had some wings about a week ago that were cooked on the grill that were pretty good.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:36 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/17/22

1. William Futch, Doug Britton, and Tater Tottingham are leading the team in points thus far.  What do you attribute to their success? Well, I don't know about the other 2, but the power of potatoes is undoubtedly helping @Trunkxolotl reach the height of his powers

2.  Would you rather lonely discord locker room but a winning season, or an active discord locker room with a respectable season?  In other words, does winning mean everything to you?  Why or why not? Hell no, Discord > winning for sure. For example, I've been in 2 super amazing LRs outside of VHK. One was for basketball and we were never close to the playoffs. the other was for football, we finished dead last.

3.  Have you ever jumped off a bridge or swung from a rope to go swimming? Alas, the answer is no, sounds cool, though!

4.  What was your take on the NHL draft?  Did your favorite team pick up some good players? Call me crazy, but I don't follow pro hockey that much, however, I love the Caps and I really line Tom Wilson.

5.  The Las Vegas Aces have given us trouble lately.  What do you think we can do to beat them? That's a no brainier: Score more goals than them, and we're sure to succeed!

6.  What was the last food you had that was cooked on a barbecue, or open flame? Dang, that was a while back, but I think it was some sort of chicken, think I liked it.

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

1.  Our GM, Cole, just made an incredible trade, giving us Nikolas Kauppi for the next couple seasons.  Are you looking forward to what Kauppi can contribute to the team?

2.  How have you been doing with the weekly game predictions for TPE?

3.  If you could play one professional sport, what would that be and why?

4.  The season is just over half way and Mexico City is tied with Houston.  Are there any changes we need to do in order to jump ahead of Houston and chase Las Vegas?

5.  What NHL jersey was Cameron wearing in the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?”  And if you know more, who’s the player?

6.  Is it OK to put ketchup on steak?  Why or why not?

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

1.  Our GM, Cole, just made an incredible trade, giving us Nikolas Kauppi for the next couple seasons.  Are you looking forward to what Kauppi can contribute to the team? Ok first off, that first sentence is straight-up propaganda if I ever saw it.

2.  How have you been doing with the weekly game predictions for TPE? Usually, yeah! Not last week, cause I was camping, but normally, yes yes yes.

3.  If you could play one professional sport, what would that be and why? Baseball, because in general, it seems like a really cool sport to be good at.

4.  The season is just over half way and Mexico City is tied with Houston.  Are there any changes we need to do in order to jump ahead of Houston and chase Las Vegas? Well, duh, we just need to keep scoring more goals than the other team, Once that happens, we're winners for sure.

5.  What NHL jersey was Cameron wearing in the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?”  And if you know more, who’s the player? I have literally no idea. I'll just say the Boston Bruins and it was Bobby Orr's jersey?

6.  Is it OK to put ketchup on steak?  Why or why not? What the hell? No, of course not! Ketchup is bad, steak is not, and steak is meant to be enjoyed WITHOUT KETCHUP! Why would you waste a good steak??!!

14 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

1.  Our GM, Cole, just made an incredible trade, giving us Nikolas Kauppi for the next couple seasons.  Are you looking forward to what Kauppi can contribute to the team?

4.  The season is just over half way and Mexico City is tied with Houston.  Are there any changes we need to do in order to jump ahead of Houston and chase Las Vegas?

5.  What NHL jersey was Cameron wearing in the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?”  And if you know more, who’s the player?

1. Definitely! Kauppi is a friend of mine, and I'm happy that he'll be joining us for our playoff run.

2. You're right, I should be doing that. I think I did this past week... I have no idea what I guess or how I did.

3. While I enjoy hockey, it'd probably be basketball or baseball. They were the two sports I was better at.

4. Honestly, I don't mind heading in to the playoffs as a slight underdog. As for leapfrogging the teams above us, itll depend who plays teams from the other division more lol.

5. The jersey is easy. It was Detroit. The player? For some reason I want to say Howe but I feel like thats wrong. I'll have to check now after this.

6. No. Never. Niet. That's heathen talk, and as captain I will banish anyone from the locker room to dress in the showers if they say yes.

25 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

1: It was a really good trade and I’m excited to have him in Mexico City Kings.

2: I’ve done pretty good got 4 TPE 2 weeks ago.

3: I think hockey because that’s my favourite sport, I suck at different sports.

4: no clue if we have to change something but as long as where in the playoffs I’m happy.

5: it was the Detroit Red Wings jersey.

6: NO never put ketchup on steak put some gravy on it.

46 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

Kauppi seems like a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ooo...ahh...yeah...about that. I haven't been doing it.

I'm not sure everyone considers it a sport, but poker. Hundreds of people from around the world compete in the WSOP for the final table and you never see the same faces. Hold 'Em has been a game that I've played most of my life.

Score more. Allow less goals. Easier said than done, but I'm hoping Kauppi will help in that department.

Detroit Red Wings, but I couldn't tell you the player name. If I had to guess -- Yzerman.

NO! Stop putting sauce on steak. You season that meat for flavor.

9 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/24/22

1: yes I think he's going to do very good he already got his first goal as a Mexico City King.

2: I'm new here so I haven't done it yet however I will try next week maybe.

3: I think soccer because I have played in a soccer team before.

4: I think we need to score more and we beat Houston Bulls today so I think what ever we did today we have to do more of against Houston Bulls.

5: I think it was Detroit Red Wings jersey 

6: no never do that put ketcup on steak put something else on it.

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

1.  Last week we dominated the offense and goal scoring.  How confident are you that we will be able to bring this energy into the playoffs?

2.  So far this season, we’ve gone into overtime 10 games, losing 8 of those games.  Do you think doing more sand bags in training will help the endurance or should there be more focus on penalty shots?

3.  Team Captain Tater Tots, leads the team in points.  What do you say about his consistent stellar performance?

4.  When Henry Tucker was selected #1 overall, some thought GM Cole was taking a big risk by selecting a goalie first.  Now that Tucker has brought the Kings up in the standings and has proven to be a top goalie and contributor to the team, do you have anything to say to those other GMs?

5.  We’re 52 games in and have separated from all teams except the Las Vegas Aces.  Should we push to try to pass them or be satisfied in second place going into the playoffs?

6.  What is the biggest mountain you have climbed, hiked, biked, or driven up, and why did you go up?

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

1.  Last week we dominated the offense and goal scoring.  How confident are you that we will be able to bring this energy into the playoffs?

2.  So far this season, we’ve gone into overtime 10 games, losing 8 of those games.  Do you think doing more sand bags in training will help the endurance or should there be more focus on penalty shots?

3.  Team Captain Tater Tots, leads the team in points.  What do you say about his consistent stellar performance?

4.  When Henry Tucker was selected #1 overall, some thought GM Cole was taking a big risk by selecting a goalie first.  Now that Tucker has brought the Kings up in the standings and has proven to be a top goalie and contributor to the team, do you have anything to say to those other GMs?

5.  We’re 52 games in and have separated from all teams except the Las Vegas Aces.  Should we push to try to pass them or be satisfied in second place going into the playoffs?

6.  What is the biggest mountain you have climbed, hiked, biked, or driven up, and why did you go up?

1. I don't think we can expect this kind of offense in the playoffs, but we've been having good defensive games lately which give me a lot of hope.

2. I mean, I don't know about other players, but I've been money in the shootout. Maybe we need to try new players?

3. I guess I gotta give the captain answer here, and say my success is from the people I'm surrounded by, but a special shoutout to my D partner that isnt far behind me.

4. Don't ever doubt the Tucker and Tot connection. Also: Draft tucker and tot into the E together.

5. 2nd place is fine. Something something President's trophy curse.

6. I have awful knees, and as you know, Potatoes are awful at climbing anything, except perhaps onto a fork.

27 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

1: I’m pretty confident in the offensive and hope the offensive will be that way in the playoffs 

2: maybe penalty shots I haven’t been the best at those though.

3: he’s doing a very good job. no wonder he’s the captain 

4: I agree he has done a great job in the net. And to those who said cole is talking a risk I think cole knows what he’s doing.

5: I don’t think we should push it I’m very happy with 2nd place as longbow as we make the playoffs.

6: I’ve walked up a mountain that was pretty big in BC, I climbed up the mountain because I just wanted to.

40 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

We've definitely been dominating lately and it's helped us maintain a spot for the playoffs. I think it'll depend on who we'll face in the rounds leading up to the final.

I don't know about the other guys, but I enjoy the sand bag training. Hmm...maybe we should switch it up a little bit, but I'll definitely miss those sand bags.

Tots (@Trunkxolotl) is the man. I look up to that guy.

I can't hear the other GMs from where we're standing right now.

We should always push to be better! Never settle for less.

Glacier Point in Yosemite Nat'l Park. We (my mom, sister, and I) actually took a bus to the top and hiked down. The views are absolutely breathtaking and I would do it all over again.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

Very confident with the roster of Forwards we can continue the offensive output in the Playoffs

Endurance is key in OT but even late third so we don’t have to go to OT

Not much else it has been a consistent stellar performance and hoping it continues into the future and playoffs. 

Any GM that thinks taking a G #1 is not the right thing to do is smoking something and I just want them to share.  Without a decent G you cannot go anywhere.  Your D can only allow 8 shots but if the G is giving up 3 of those you won’t win a lot of games. 

TBH more worried about match ups but having Home Ice would be nice against Vegas but if having a tougher opponent to even get to the next round is key in my eyes.  Path of least resistance. 

Oh go to Massanutten in Virginia May not be the highest I have driven haven been through WV a lot, but the most fun on the ski slopes coming down.  

On 7/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 07/31/2022

1.  Last week we dominated the offense and goal scoring.  How confident are you that we will be able to bring this energy into the playoffs? Pretty confident tbh, just as long as we don't fall off a late-season cliff.

2.  So far this season, we’ve gone into overtime 10 games, losing 8 of those games.  Do you think doing more sand bags in training will help the endurance or should there be more focus on penalty shots? Uhh honestly we need to do both, since we've been doing very good at mixing it up in terms of how we get defeated, so let's focus on both and maybe we'll see some improvement.

3.  Team Captain Tater Tots, leads the team in points.  What do you say about his consistent stellar performance? Well obviously it's very consistent and stellar. 

4.  When Henry Tucker was selected #1 overall, some thought GM Cole was taking a big risk by selecting a goalie first.  Now that Tucker has brought the Kings up in the standings and has proven to be a top goalie and contributor to the team, do you have anything to say to those other GMs? Uh, yeah. To all y'all GMs: Sorry y'all missed out.

5.  We’re 52 games in and have separated from all teams except the Las Vegas Aces.  Should we push to try to pass them or be satisfied in second place going into the playoffs? Well, we should try to get into first, but 2nd is A-OK as long as we come through when it matters,

6.  What is the biggest mountain you have climbed, hiked, biked, or driven up, and why did you go up? That'd be Alabama's tallest mountain, Mount Cheaha, and it was so we could go camping up at the top

Press Conference

Week ending 08/07/2022

1.  The season is almost over and Houston is on our tail.  What do we do to keep them from overtaking us and gaining second place?

2.  Are you happy with your player this season?

3.  Which VHLE team do you think is going to surprise everyone in the playoffs?

4.  What is your first memory of hockey?  Playing or otherwise?

5.  How far in the playoffs do you expect Mexico City to go and why?

6.  When was the last time you had a PBJ sandwich?

40 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/07/2022

1.  The season is almost over and Houston is on our tail.  What do we do to keep them from overtaking us and gaining second place?

1: I think keep on scoring 

2: yes pretty happy got 50 something points right now.

3: I think it’s going to be Istanbul Red Wolves 

4: I saw my brother play hockey and I also wanted to play hockey like him.

5: 1st or 2nd to be honest if we play Halifax 1st round I think we should go to the second but they did have our numbers the last game.

6: hopefully I don’t make anybody mad but I never had PBJ sandwich.

Edited by Jason kranz

23 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/07/2022

(Please stop using black font, it hurts my darkmode soul)

1. Stick to our game. Having two pairs of defense again I think it really going to help us out with whats going forward.

2. Definitely! Most goals by a defensemen, and fighting for the lead in points is better then I could of ever hoped for.

3. Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the VHLE. Considering my last time around it didn't really exist lol

4. I'm honestly trying to think, but I guess the one that sticks out the most that I remember would be Potvin decking the heck out of Hextall.

5. ALL THE WAY BABY. In all honesty, I've never really been on a team with playoff success, and this is looking like a really good shot at getting it done this year.

6. I don't really like peanut butter, so probably like 20 years lol

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/07/2022

Keep pushing. Practicing. We just acquired another defenseman, so that should hopefully help keep our goals against down.

The beginning of the season was pretty exciting, but he's fallen off a bit since the trade.

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't been paying attention to either the VHL or VHLE lately. Just been maintaining focus in my own league.

Watching hockey in its fullest during the 2018 playoffs. I never watched it before then. I never looked back.

The Kings can take it all for sure. What's also certain is that it is not going to be an easy road to get there.

About a week ago. :)

9 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 08/07/2022

1. If we win more than them we'll probably be able to stay in 2nd place.

2. Yeah, very. Tucker Jr. continues to earn + play well and solidify himself as a top prospect.

3. I like an underdog, so Geneva will sneak in and then win it all.

4. Hockey isn't a thing down South, but I remember when my summer daycare took a trip to the nearest hockey rink, 1 hour away, and we all had to skate using these plastic walker things. It was bad.

5. I say we win a series and lose a series, just because this is such a weird sim engine.

6. I don't like them, so not since I was 4 lol