Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 10/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, Thunder said:

1925660273_MexicoCityBanner.png.907bd29eee5dab96ff3de0dbe2108815.png

Press Conference

Week ending 10/23/2022

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE!)

1.   Mexico City is on a roll.  Do the fans expect another sweep?

Well I mean I bought a whole bunch of Stanley steamers but I guess we’ll see.

2.  How badly do you hope that Las Vegas advances so we can go up against them in the next round?

These boys don’t know what they got comin for em

3.  How many hockey games do you expect to attend as a spectator this year, whether it be NHL, AHL, OHL, CHL, EHL, Ligue Magnus, Alps Hockey League, Bantom, Bumblebee, … the list goes on?

I already attended the Penguins home opener, I expect to attend any and all the student rush games so at least 10+

4.  Which Mexico City player will be the team MVP at the end of the playoffs?

Swayman or the McFleury Boys

5.  GM Cole is in the running for GM of the year.  Describe Cole’s performance in 5 words or less.

Bar Down Clapper From thePoint

6.  Would you accept 10,000 pesos (we are Mexico City) to not eat tacos of any type for one year?

GTFO right now.

Press Conference

Week ending 10/30/2022

1.  We came up short.  It was a good run.  Is there anything that your player could have done to get us into the finals?

2.   How will you be improving your player during the off season?

3.  Which team will you be cheering for to win the cup, Las Vegas or Philadelphia?

4.  What is your take on FIFA changing the cup to this fall?  Will you be watching or attending any games?

5.  Do you still go out and trick or treat?

6.  What toppings go on your favorite pizza?

On 10/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 10/30/2022

1.  We came up short.  It was a good run.  Is there anything that your player could have done to get us into the finals?

2.   How will you be improving your player during the off season?

3.  Which team will you be cheering for to win the cup, Las Vegas or Philadelphia?

4.  What is your take on FIFA changing the cup to this fall?  Will you be watching or attending any games?

5.  Do you still go out and trick or treat?

6.  What toppings go on your favorite pizza?

1. Well, I will say my player was not on the team, but as a GM I feel like I could've maybe switched up the lines after Game 6. I just felt like riding with what got us here, and in the end, ultimately it didn't work out for us.

2. I'll be earning some more TPE and hopefully my player will actually do something in the VHL, besides just being mid.

3. I was cheering for the Reapers, as I really wanted to see the underdog run be completed, glad that they ended up winning!

4. I don't really pay attention much to soccer, I won't lie. The only time I ever watched anything related to soccer was when the USA actually had a decent team, and when Iceland went on a miracle run at the world cup, that was fun.

5. Sadly no. I think it would be hilarious and a great time to do it sometime though!

6. My favorite toppings I would say are pepperoni or bacon. I usually just go pepperoni only though.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 10/23/2022

1.   Mexico City is on a roll.  Do the fans expect another sweep?

2.  How badly do you hope that Las Vegas advances so we can go up against them in the next round?

3.  How many hockey games do you expect to attend as a spectator this year, whether it be NHL, AHL, OHL, CHL, EHL, Ligue Magnus, Alps Hockey League, Bantom, Bumblebee, … the list goes on?

4.  Which Mexico City player will be the team MVP at the end of the playoffs?

5.  GM Cole is in the running for GM of the year.  Describe Cole’s performance in 5 words or less.

6.  Would you accept 10,000 pesos (we are Mexico City) to not eat tacos of any type for one year?

1. Of course they do, with the power of Burger King. Anything is possible!

2. Oh, of course they'll meet you there. Had to keep the tradition going.

3. 0, because the closest team to me is Västerås. So that's not happening.

4. The Mediocre One, most likely.

5. #blamecole sums it up nicely.

6. Yeah, I'd be cool with that.

Press Conference

Week ending 11/06/2022

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE!

1.  Were you caught by surprise that Philadelphia ended up winning it all?

2.  What goal does your player have for the coming up season, and if you are staying on Mexico City, are you seeing good things for the team?

3.  It’s Halloween.  Are you taking part in any festivities?  If so, what?

4.  If you became a NHL team owner, what team would it be, and what would you make sure is in the owner’s box?

5.  What was the last book you read?

6.  Should pineapple go on pizza?

1. How do you feel on playing for the Mexico City Kings?

-I'm Pretty Excited. First off, A team in Mexico City, Sunny days, Beaches and ice hockey....Come on!

2. Did you expect to be drafted where you went?

-No, there were rumblings of me going in the 5th round so 28th overall took me by surprise. 

3. Are you happy with where you got drafted in the vhl/where do you think youll be drafted in the vhl?

-Very happy. 28th overall is a ton better than 41-50. As for the VHL draft....we shall see. I think i'll hav a good season so maybe somewhere in the same 25-30 spot.

4. What's your gameplan for this season?

-Well. First off get a feel for everything. I want to maximize my earning so i need to make sure i'm doing everything i can to grow properly and a maximum capacity. 

5. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

- Of course it is. has no one had a Panini sandwich? 

6. What are your expectations for your player in the VHLM?

- I just want my player to be an effective team guy. I'll score some goals and get some points. At the end of it all if i'm up there with numbers, great, if not i want to be the team guy that played well for this team. 

Press Conference

Week ending 11/13/2022

1.  Its hockey time in the VHLM, are you ready for the season and what do you hope from your player?

2.  How many times have you watched the movie “Goon”?  Our player Ross Glagau has transitioned to goalie.  Can we expect the same intensity from Ross tending the net?

3.  Looking at our roster, Captain Nugget and Quinn Saint-Willes are two veterans who GM Cole will be relying upon.  Any advice to these to seasoned players to help lift Mexico City into a championship?

4.  What VHLM team do you consider to be our nemesis?

5.  What was your favorite class in school and why?

6.  Does Mexico City have the best tacos?  If not, where have you had better tacos?

On 11/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 11/13/2022

1.  Its hockey time in the VHLM, are you ready for the season and what do you hope from your player?
I've never been so ready for a season, I only got a little taste last season and I'm ready for blood this season. I've got a full season this time to get under my belt and I'm still learning so the world is my oyster. My hope is my player grows exponentially and gets some recognitions beyond the little he's already gotten this pre-season. We've been in the JST tourney, mentioned here and there in some GM talks and now we're ready to live up to the hype.

2.  How many times have you watched the movie “Goon”?  Our player Ross Glagau has transitioned to goalie.  Can we expect the same intensity from Ross tending the net?

Surprisingly I have never seen it, I watched Slapshot a few months back and it was wild but I've yet to see Goon. I'm still a Mighty Ducks boy. And I have all the faith in the world in Ross.

3.  Looking at our roster, Captain Nugget and Quinn Saint-Willes are two veterans who GM Cole will be relying upon.  Any advice to these to seasoned players to help lift Mexico City into a championship?

Qunn is the reason I'm with this team, he knows he has my support the whole way and I'll have his back through thick and thin, the same will go for Captain Nugget.

4.  What VHLM team do you consider to be our nemesis?

Considering they knocked us out of the playoffs last year, Vegas.

5.  What was your favorite class in school and why?

TV/Video, I was our news anchor and I got to skip class all the time in there lmao

6.  Does Mexico City have the best tacos?  If not, where have you had better tacos?

This random taco stand I stopped at in New Jersey when my band was recording there lol I can't remember the name but it was street tacos and I cried they were so good. It might have been my depression but who knows.

Press Conference

Week ending 11/20/2022

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE

1.  The season is about to begin.  GM Cole has once again prepared the team to compete.  Are you ready?  What did you do this past week to prepare for this?

2.  Are you planning on watching any of the upcoming World Cup?  If so, what is your favorite team?

3.  The Boston Bruins just broke their home wins streak.  What team has the best chance to stop their streak?

4.  Are you ready to help carry the Mexico City offense?  How many points do you predict you will score this week?

5.  Back to World Cup, what team do you predict to win the cup?

6.  What is your favorite soup when you are under the weather?

1. I am brand you to this new and i am ready to compete, didn't do much extra to prepare as i am still trying to figure out things work in this league

2. I don't really plan on watching the World Cup, I may watch a couple highlights here and there

3. I say Carolina or Tampa have a chance to stop their streak

4. I'm ready to do anything i can to help this team. I predict i will get 10 points

5. I say Brazil

6. Chicken noodle Lipton soup

1.  The season is about to begin.  GM Cole has once again prepared the team to compete.  Are you ready?  What did you do this past week to prepare for this?

- Absolutely I'm ready to compete. I've been hitting the gym a few times a week and eating healthy, I mean Burgers and pizza is healthy right?

2.  Are you planning on watching any of the upcoming World Cup?  If so, what is your favorite team?

- Well, My favorite team is not there this time, but i will be watching. I have a few bets going on with Canada and their group. ( not all in favour of Canada lol) 

3.  The Boston Bruins just broke their home wins streak.  What team has the best chance to stop their streak?

- I'm going to say Toronto, God i think i just threw up in my mouth. 

4.  Are you ready to help carry the Mexico City offense?  How many points do you predict you will score this week?

- I'm hoping fgor a good offensive season. I would love to hit 20 goals and 40- 50 points. that said, I'll do what the team needs me to do.  

- It's a tough one. Brazil are always among the favorites. Then you have Argentina, Germany, France. There's a deep pool of Teams that can win it. I'll have to go with Argentina for Messi. Would love to see him win one before he retires.

- Chicken noodle or lentil bacon. Can't go wrong. 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 11/20/2022

1. I watched Juan Ceson highlight reels (It's mostly just tape of him in the Penalty Box)

2. No, not really. International play tends to be pretty lukewarm.

3. The team that wins against the, probably.

4. No. But I can post some Burger King gifs throughout the season to help the morale.

5. The team that scores the most goals in the finals, most likely.

6. I'm not that big on soups and tend to have horrible appetite when I'm feeling ill. So none, but I usually like mushroom soups when I do have soup.

Press Conference

Week ending 11/27/2022

1.  After one week in the VHLM, is it what you expected being on the Mexico City Kings?  Are you pleased with your player’s performance?

2.  What teammate do you think deserves the most valuable player so far?

3.  What NHL team would you like to be on?

4.  Alexander Stroheim is dominating the stat board, with Tim Riggins and Grizz Tazzo right behind in assists.  Do you see these three on the leader board when the season is over?

5.  What are your pets and their names?

6.  Does pineapple ever go on a pizza?

1.  After one week in the VHLM, is it what you expected being on the Mexico City Kings?  Are you pleased with your player’s performance?

- I figured we would be a middle of the pack team and after 28 games we are sitting 3rd, Tied with a team like Ottawa. When your surrounded by teams like Ottawa, San Diego and Philadelphia, You must be doing something right. 

-  Well, there's a shitty question. lol. It's a tough one. Stroheim has been on a tear and he probably deserves it the most, Tho Grizz Tazzo also is up there. We also can't forget our Goalie Ross Glagau, I mean we basically leave him a lone all game and he still keeps us in it. 

- I grew a Montreal Canadiens fan, and i would love to be on that team right now. A lot of youth and a lot of upside to that team. Other than them tho, I would say the Oilers. Give a chance to play with McDavid please. 

4.  Alexander Stroheim is dominating the stat board, with Tim Riggins and Grizz Tazzo right behind in assists.  Do you see these three on the leader board when the season is over?

- I do, The trio is probably one of, if not the best trio in the league right now. They seem to be Pushing, Game in and game out, and with updating, this trio may just set a new record. 

- Chicco ( our ClownFish ) and Bruce ( our Husky ) Obviously Bruce is the more active playful one of the two . lol. 

- Never, This shouldn't be a question. Why would anyone ever consider this a good idea. 

Press Conference

Week ending 12/04/2022

1.  Alexander Stroheim continues to dominate the league where it counts.  How you rate Stroheim’s performance so far this season?

2.  How many of the World Cup games have you watched?

3.  Griffin Bellamy and Colton Heffelfinger recently joined the team and have made an immediate impact.  How did you welcome them to the Kings?

4.  How long have you been in the VHL?

5.  Do you agree with me that Cole should be voted the GM of the season?

6.  What is your favorite snack when watching sports on TV?

On 11/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 11/27/2022

It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more! I’m so pleased with my player! He’s actually surprised even me!

Stroheim is the Crosby to my Malkin. He deserves the MVP by and far. 

Lol easy. The Pens. They need some grit and I like to think I’d be a fighter. 

I hope so! I’m trying to keep up there but I fall off here and there. But yes, I see the three of being there. 

We actually just adopted another cat, so we have 4 cats total, Lando Catrission, Beef, Trixie Meow, and Chowder. And my wife had a dog Lucy but I hate her and she hates me. 

absolutely, California pizza is actually my favorite lol 

• Discord:Thunder22

Press Conference

Week ending 12/04/2022

1.  Alexander Stroheim continues to dominate the league where it counts.  How you rate Stroheim’s performance so far this season?

- If he's not league MVP by the end of the season then it must be rigged. Alex has been on an absolute tear. 30 games into the season and a 13 point lead. I mean really? 

2.  How many of the World Cup games have you watched?

- Probably 8 or 9. I love the world cup. Even tho i have very strong opinions about FIFA as an organization. The games have been fun to watch. 

3.  Griffin Bellamy and Colton Heffelfinger recently joined the team and have made an immediate impact.  How did you welcome them to the Kings?

- We took them out to a fancy restaurant.  Before you get any ideas we didn't let them pay for supper. We let them pay for the limo rentals and hotel for the night lol. We had fun. Welcomed them to Mexico city in a way worth of a KING.

4.  How long have you been in the VHL?

- Not long enough. my last player didn't last very long. I am enjoying Riggins tho. 

5.  Do you agree with me that Cole should be voted the GM of the season?

- Yes I do agree. Cole has done an amazing job with this team and put us in a place where we have superseded expectations. 

6.  What is your favorite snack when watching sports on TV?

- OH BOY. Chicken wings, Chips and dip, Popcorn Chicken, Nashville hot chicken Sandwiches...man there is a lot of Chicken. and maybe Steak tips.

Press Conference

Week ending 12/11/2022

1.  It’s Theme Week.  Are you a first Gen?  What can you offer other first gens regarding the VHL?

2.  Alexander Stroheim continues to lead the VHLM in all scoring categories, do you see Stroheim the front runner for MVP?

3.  If you could give anything to one person in your life, who would it be and what would you gift them?

4.  The World Cup is in the round of 16, is your team still in the running for the cup?  If not, who do you WANT to see winning the cup?

5.  Mexico City is 21 points behind the San Diego Marlins.  Do you think we can overtake them before the end of the season?

6.  Should alcohol be added to eggnog, and if so what tastes the best?

1.  It’s Theme Week.  Are you a first Gen?  What can you offer other first gens regarding the VHL?

- I am technically a first Gen. The biggest thing i can offer another first Gen is don't give up right away. It can be a little confusing at the start if you've never done this but once you get the hang of it, It really is a lot of fun. 

2.  Alexander Stroheim continues to lead the VHLM in all scoring categories, do you see Stroheim the front runner for MVP?

- I answered this last week...Yes he's and MVP, Yes he's amazing, Yes he's single handedly carrying this team, Yes he's the greatest player of all time.... Can we get questions of other team players like ...I don't know Captain Nugget, Grizz Tazzo or Ross Glagau?

3.  If you could give anything to one person in your life, who would it be and what would you gift them?

- Wow, Good question, I would have to give my guitars to one of my best friends. He's a great guitarist and would love my gear. I'm sure he would put them to good use. 

4.  The World Cup is in the round of 16, is your team still in the running for the cup?  If not, who do you WANT to see winning the cup?

- My team didn't make the World Cup, and my second team is out. I would love to see Croatia win it. I think they are great and deserve one. Then there is MEssi and Agrentina. Would love to see them hoist one as well but i doubt they make it past the nest round.

5.  Mexico City is 21 points behind the San Diego Marlins.  Do you think we can overtake them before the end of the season?

- Nope. San Diego is running away with it this season and that's fine. We may not overtake them in 72 games but we've beaten them more than once and we can beat them when it counts...PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

- UHHMMMM yup. Definitely it should. Rum could be a good addition but in mu experience, if you put in enough vodka then it tastes nice....or maybe it's just from the effects of all the drinks i've had before... I don't know anymore..

On 12/5/2022 at 2:16 PM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 12/11/2022

1. Yes I am a first generation player.

2. Yes he's carrying the team and he's such a great player. I also consider the best scorer the mvp and he got it so far.

3. My Mom. Everything. She deserves it for real.

4. Nope Nigeria didn't even qualify but rooting for Argentina now. Penaldo sucks.

5. Doubt it, but it's still pretty good.

6. Definitely not.. 😂

Press Conference

Week ending 12/18/2022

1.  GM Cole is preparing the Kings for a play off run by picking up a promising defender by the name of Mark Calaway.  What can you tell Calaway about Mexico City and how will you welcome Mark?

2.  GM Cole is at it again, building the defense for the playoffs.  Reese McFleury has joined the team from Las Vegas.  With the addition of McFleury, is there anything that can stop us now?

3.  Another question about our league leader, Stroheim.  Describe Stroheim’s performance in one word.

4. Is Buffalo Sabre center Tage Thompson going to win the Maurice Richard Trophy this season?

5.  Right now, Mexico City is ranked 4th.  Do you think it will matter if we finish the season in 3rd or 4th?  How far will we go into the playoffs?

6.  What is your favorite childhood cookie and do you still eat them now?  Also, if you really want to get in depth, who makes the best cookie?

6 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 12/18/2022

1.  GM Cole is preparing the Kings for a play off run by picking up a promising defender by the name of Mark Calaway.  What can you tell Calaway about Mexico City and how will you welcome Mark?

2.  GM Cole is at it again, building the defense for the playoffs.  Reese McFleury has joined the team from Las Vegas.  With the addition of McFleury, is there anything that can stop us now?

3.  Another question about our league leader, Stroheim.  Describe Stroheim’s performance in one word.

4. Is Buffalo Sabre center Tage Thompson going to win the Maurice Richard Trophy this season?

5.  Right now, Mexico City is ranked 4th.  Do you think it will matter if we finish the season in 3rd or 4th?  How far will we go into the playoffs?

6.  What is your favorite childhood cookie and do you still eat them now?  Also, if you really want to get in depth, who makes the best cookie?

1. I can say our GM tries his best. He's been talking about how for us to make a playoff run a defensive guy is needed. We're a top tier scoring team but really needed more than just 1 Defensive guy and this is a step into the right direction.

2. I like to believe not. We have a great offense and we're lacking defense a lot now that the issue has been dealt with I believe we have the opportunity to make a real run.

3. Goat.

4. Not sure. Maybe.

5. It won't matter. All that matters is winning it all, me personally I don't care much about what happens during the regular season if it doesn't translate.

6. Them sugar cookies got it. Chocolate chip easily close 2nd. My teacher made the best ones for real. My Mom never made cookies, so.

- I think Cole addressed a need the has. defense was a weak spot and he went out and did what he could to strengthen it. Mark was given the tour of Mexico city, our facilities and our watering hole, which he seemed to enjoy. The team took him ou tto a nice dinner, and this time the new guy paid!

-Yes, the name San Diego Marlins sound familiar. They are a really good team. That said i don't see us making it easy for them. We've got a few wins on them and them on us so a playoff series will be close in my opinion. But after that, It's all open. 

- GOAT

- No, There's this guy named Connor McDavid who leads the league in Goals points and assists and as long as he doesn't get injured, he's winning it. Then there's Jason Robertson who at the moment has 2 goals more than Tage and right behind tage is a guy who can go on a run and light up the net in Leon Draisaitl. It's a great story for Tage but Good luck. 

- We are fine in 4th. We are going to have to go through San Diego no matter what so 3rd or 4th doesn't matter too much. Don't get me wrong if we can push then great, but the reality is we are fine in 4th. 

- It was a cookie filled with lemon cream. The best cookie i've had. I could polish a sleeve in the cookie tray without blinking.  My mom still makes the best cookie. Its a lemon ricotta Christmas cookie. It only comes out once a year and it's gone before they hit the table. 

Press Conference

Week ending 12/25/2022

1.  Playoffs are coming up.  Do you have a specific regiment to ready yourself for the playoffs?

2.  What superstition have you had, if any, that affects whether or not you play well or your team wins the game?

3.  Did you ask Santa Claus for any hockey gear for Christmas?  Follow up question, if you have kids, are your kids getting any hockey gear for Christmas?

4.  Playoffs are a busy time of the season.  Is the hype keeping you focused, and what are you going to do with TPE to help the team?

5.  Are you staying on Mexico City next season?  If not, what team are you going to?

6.  What Christmas song cheers you up?  (No food question this presser)

5 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 12/25/2022

1.  Playoffs are coming up.  Do you have a specific regiment to ready yourself for the playoffs?

I definitely take part in the no shaving tradition. Even though I can’t grow any facial hair I still think it’s a part of the game. 

2.  What superstition have you had, if any, that affects whether or not you play well or your team wins the game?

I wear the same clothes for games and won’t wash them or jerseys sometimes…

3.  Did you ask Santa Claus for any hockey gear for Christmas?  Follow up question, if you have kids, are your kids getting any hockey gear for Christmas?

I should have asked for some gear but as an adult I gotta buy that shit myself. I wanted a backyard rink and the wife said I could so that’s next years goal. 

4.  Playoffs are a busy time of the season.  Is the hype keeping you focused, and what are you going to do with TPE to help the team?

Well now that finals are finished I have a little bit more time but work is picking back up as I got 3 new kids put on my client list so it’ll be a journey.  

5.  Are you staying on Mexico City next season?  If not, what team are you going to?

I would to stay with this team. I love the GM and I love what we had this year, of course if we keep the band together that is. 

6.  What Christmas song cheers you up?  (No food question this presser)

No joke, I love Christmas music, my favorite is Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney but I love “I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas”