Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 2/20/2023 at 8:02 AM, Thunder said:

1925660273_MexicoCityBanner.png.907bd29eee5dab96ff3de0dbe2108815.png

Press Conference

Week ending 02/26/2023

(Answer Questions for 2 Capped TPE

1.  Mexico City is showing the fans some serious hockey fun with a 10.7% team average in goals/shot percentage.  What do you have to say to the hockey fans of Mexico City?

2.  Another question about GM Cole.  With all the success he has had at Mexico City, do you think Cole should elevate his GM experience to a VHL team or VHLE team?

3.  Captain Nugget continues to dominate the stats, is there any reason why Captain Nugget shouldn’t be the league MVP?

4.  Five Mexico City players dominate the skating leaderboard.  Does this display of dominance show hockey fans that this is a team to be reckoned with, and is it safe to say that every player on the team contributes to the leaderboard somehow?

5.  And then there is Ross Glagau, who leads VHLM goalies.  Is there any weakness on Mexico City?

6.  Keeping with the Mexico City theme, what is your favorite Mexican meal?

1 - They Deserve it, They've been great all season. This is only the beginning, we plan on having a parade at the end of all this if you know what I mean. 

2 - I think it's inevitable. Obviously, it depends on him but i think if he ever wants to, he'll do great. Also, is this your way of saying he needs to leave?

3 -  No. I mean maybe. Riggins is always an option if you know what i mean lol. 

4 - Yes and Yes. Mexico has been top of the league since puck drop on the first night of the season. We haven't taken our foot off th epedal and we don't intend to. Also, Every player on this team plays their role. In doing so they contribute in play, and in points. 

5- I would have said our Defense a little while back but Cole has gone out and brought in some help on the back end so right now, I don't theink there is any one weakness in this team.

6 - Burritos. Not the taco bell version, The real deal. There something so good about meat, cheese and refried beans that just makes me happy, and the rest of the locker room not so happy lol.  

Press Conference

Week ending 03/05/2023

1.  Playoffs start soon.  This is our time to shine.  Playoff hockey, playoff beards, etc… is there anything in the way from getting the cup?

2.  GM Cole continues to inspire the team to victory.  Are you getting ready to hoist the trophy with him? Or is it too early to plan the party?

3.  When you play video games, do you play at the highest level to challenge yourself?

4.  Back to the playoffs, Mexico City is going in as the #1 seed, how likely is your family to come to Mexico City for the home games?

5.  Has your player performed above what you expected from him/her this season?

6.  What is your go-to playoff meal before games?

1.  Playoffs start soon.  This is our time to shine.  Playoff hockey, playoff beards, etc… is there anything in the way from getting the cup?

Nothing at all, The team has the skill, Its time to bring it when it matters

2.  GM Cole continues to inspire the team to victory.  Are you getting ready to hoist the trophy with him? Or is it too early to plan the party?

Gm Cole is a beauty, We only have one vision and that's to win

3.  When you play video games, do you play at the highest level to challenge yourself?

CHEL 23 D1 HUT , EASHL DIAMOND TIER ALWAYS BABY

4.  Back to the playoffs, Mexico City is going in as the #1 seed, how likely is your family to come to Mexico City for the home games?

Gonna fly them all out, Families gotta see the cup hoisted in person no doubt

5.  Has your player performed above what you expected from him/her this season?

Decent but we can do better, Two way defence is good but we need more production

6.  What is your go-to playoff meal before games?

Spicy Pork baby

1. I think our only issue right now is that we're actually too good and that the fans are going to get bored seeing us win so easily.
2. I've been ready. Nobody out there can stop us.
3. I mean I play at the highest level I can so it depends on the game. I'm a ranked warrior for sure.
4. Oh yeah all my friends and family are coming. Basically going to have a whole section dedicated to them.
5. Not really but I've been picking it up a lot recently, can't wait for the offseason because I'm planning on rerolling.
6. I like to load up on pizza in the lockerroom before games. I want to be puking my guts out there.

1. i think theres at least a couple of puck in net games to play

2. i am currently planning the losing party because you can never not be ready to party

3. i only play the vidya game with my bird feet

4. my family has been dead since 1882

5. i should have more of the everything

6. only some herbs i found in the bush next to the arena

Press Conference

Week ending 03/12/2023

1.Mexico City is moving on to the next round.  How many games will it take for us to advance to the finals?

2.  How excited do you think GM Cole is with this team and the chances of getting the trophy?

3.  Tell us where you are headed next season and what you expect from your player.

4.  If you could have one super power, what would it be?

5.  What is your favorite NHL team?

6.  What hockey arena sells the best hot dogs?

Hey Mexico.  Sneaking in to do your PC today.

1. I think your team is a power house so I anticipate you win in 5 games.  I attribute your one loss coming from any decisions made by Thunder.  

2. I dig It !   I don't know Cole but his Dman in VHL makes teams looks stupid so rooting for him to win one.

3. Well.  I am a S82 draftee so not sure if depreciation starts for me or not??  So I am banking in the hopes I can keep my player consistent.  

4. Super Strength

5. Edmonton Oilers

6. Nashville.  Best Brats and Pulled Pork Nachos ever 

1. I think we win this next series in 6 max. No team can push us to 7 games.
2. It's all he's been talking about for a few weeks now. Can't wait to win it for him.

3. I have no clue. I expect I'll be in the minors again cause I'm still about 50 TPE away from 200 so hopefully I win the cup 2 years in a row and head over to Europe picked high.
4. I would definitely pick shapeshifting. You get flight cause you can be a bird, you can be strong by becoming a gorilla, you get everything.
5. Boston Bruins!!! LETS GO B's!!!!
6. Not a huge fan of hotdogs from rinks but my old highschool had the best by far.

1. it will take us at least 4 games to get to the next round

2. GM Cole better bring some good grass cuz im hungry for a cup of grass (i eat grass)

3. I will be become the GM of the Port Louis Captains in the Premier Mauritius League

4. revive all my dead dodo brothers

5. The Atlanta Thrashers

6. The Islander Arena in Port Louis, they make it with rare bird meat

On 3/6/2023 at 4:21 AM, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 03/12/2023

1.Mexico City is moving on to the next round.  How many games will it take for us to advance to the finals?

2.  How excited do you think GM Cole is with this team and the chances of getting the trophy?

3.  Tell us where you are headed next season and what you expect from your player.

4.  If you could have one super power, what would it be?

5.  What is your favorite NHL team?

6.  What hockey arena sells the best hot dogs?

1- 5 or 6, We dominated Houston in 10 regular season games but this is the playoffs, so i'll give them 1 or 2. 

2-Very, This is a great opportunity to do something he has never done and get to the finals. The semis have been his curse and the Kings are about to break that. 

3- Riggins will be joining Cologne. They seem to be and solid team with offensive upside so it will fit Riggins style well. I think he'll have a great rookie season there. 

4- Why would you ask this, there are sooo many. I'll so with invulnerability. Nothing can kill me

5- the sad but getting better Montreal Canadiens. Hopefully, they can develop their youngsters under this management team. 

6- Montreal. I've had hot dogs in Ottawa ( both senators and the 67s, junior team ) , toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Montreal takes the " best Hot Dog" category. Not even close. 

1. How do you feel on playing for the Mexico City Kings?

- Amazing experience, The GM knows what he's doing and if he's able to reign me in then he can coach anyone 

2. Did you expect to be drafted where you went?

- I expect first overall this dispersal! I started late so my TPE wont be as high, my commitment will be

3. Are you happy with where you got drafted in the vhl/where do you think youll be drafted in the vhl?

- Very happy to start with a wagon like Mexico, 

4. What's your gameplan for this season?

- THE CUP BABY THATS IT THATS ALL

5. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

- Nah never get caught with the Glizzy post game 

6. What are your expectations for your player in the VHLM?

- Greatness

Press Conference

Week ending 03/19/2023

1.  It’s officially over and we are all sad to lose.  What positive thing can you take from this season?

2.  Do you agree with me that GM Cole is GM of the season?

3.  What training regiment do you plan on completing during the off-season?

4.  What is/was your favorite pet?

5.  What team are you hoping to win the Stanley Cup?

6.  What is your favorite candy bar?

23 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 03/19/2023

1.  It’s officially over and we are all sad to lose.  What positive thing can you take from this season?

2.  Do you agree with me that GM Cole is GM of the season?

3.  What training regiment do you plan on completing during the off-season?

4.  What is/was your favorite pet?

5.  What team are you hoping to win the Stanley Cup?

6.  What is your favorite candy bar?

1- We did more than most people thought at the beginning of the season and we broke the Mexico City curse for Cole. I would say that is a great season. Yes, it sucks to lose in the finals but we went farther than 8 other teams. 

2- Hell ya I do. He led us to first overall and a 1st finals berth in his time as GM. If he doesn't win it then I say we protest the corrupt leadership of the voting committee!

3- It's a new intense training called couch time. You wake up and sit on the couch. Eat lunch and sit on the couch. do some treadmill, then sit on the couch. Repeat daily for 6 weeks.

4- Dog. I love our Siberian Husky. Alex is so cute and the best dong ever.

5- Edmonton. They have been the running joke of the league for so long and now seem to be putting pieces together. I don't think their there yet but they are getting there. I would also love for Jack Campbell to win a cup before the leafs get out of round 1 lol.

6- Coffee crisp. i could eat that all day. 

Press Conference

Week ending 03/26/2023

1.  Its officially the off-season and time to start training for the new season.  What regiment do you have in place to keep in shape for the beginning of the season?

2.  GM Cole stands tall, above all the other GM’s.  How much impact does he have on your player?

3.  What are you goals for your player this season?

4.  Mexico City just missed getting the cup this past season, how committed are you to get the cup this season?

5.  Do you consume protein before or after your workouts?

6.  What is your favorite homemade cookie and who makes it?

8 hours ago, Thunder said:

Press Conference

Week ending 03/26/2023

1.  Its officially the off-season and time to start training for the new season.  What regiment do you have in place to keep in shape for the beginning of the season?

2.  GM Cole stands tall, above all the other GM’s.  How much impact does he have on your player?

3.  What are you goals for your player this season?

4.  Mexico City just missed getting the cup this past season, how committed are you to get the cup this season?

5.  Do you consume protein before or after your workouts?

6.  What is your favorite homemade cookie and who makes it?

1. Probably a strict daily schedule of exactly 120 minutes of cardio every day combined with at least 45 minutes in the gym twice a day.
2. He's been great. Anytime I have any sort of questions or want a second opinion on my player's build he's always there to help.
3. Im hoping to stay under 200TPE this offseason so I can get one more year in the minors before moving over to Europe.
4. Getting the cup is the whole reason to play at any level so I definitely want to get it this year before I move to Europe.
5. I normally do protein before workouts, normally in the morning.
6. It's gotta be Grandma's famous peanut butter cookies. Reminds me of my childhood.

1. i usually migrate to Mauritius so its enough training for the summer

2. its not hard to be taller than Reginald as a small avian creature

3. Reginald will be the player of all time next season

4. GM Cole needs to draft Reginald first

5. the protein consumes me at all time

6. Cookies are prohibited in this economy

Press Conference

Week ending 04/02/2023

1.  Are you excited for the upcoming drafts? What draft are you in and where do you see yourself going?

2.  The NHL season is coming to a close, with only around 10 games left for each team. Is your favorite team in the playoffs? If not, are you looking forward to the draft?

3.  Which player are you going to miss playing the most with?

4.  What are your thoughts on the season as a whole? Do you think we had a good season? Is there anything that Cole could've done better?

5.  How many more seasons will it take for Mexico City to hoist the trophy?

6.  What is your favorite snack at night to have?

1 Yes I am, I think I may be drafted by Rome and Malmo

2 New York Rangers

3 captain nugget

4 I thought we did really good this year

5 next season is our year

6 Oatmeal Cookies

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

Here are this week’s questions! 

1- With the VHLM Draft now over, how would you rate Coles job at the draft?

2- Cole went into the draft targeting Defensemen. This is a massive shift from what Gm Cole normally does. How do you think this will affect Mexico going into the season?

3 - It’s no secret Mexico wants to return to the Finals and finish what they missed last season, a championship. How close to that goal do you expect Mexico to get?

4- Mexico City has had 2 seasons of players at the top of the points leaders. Alex Stroheim 2 seasons ago and Captain Nugget and Tim Riggins last season. How many players do you think will be in the top 3 in points and who do you think it will be? 

5 - Did you watch the VHLM draft stream? What were your thoughts?

6- we tend to have a fun question at this point, something not so VHL minded. So with that said, the NHL season is coming to a close. What team really surprised you in a good way, or bad way, and why?

Edited by Jayhawk

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

2- Cole went into the draft targeting Defensemen. This is a massive shift from what Gm Cole normally does. How do you think this will affect Mexico going into the season?

3 - It’s no secret Mexico wants to return to the Finals and finish what they missed last season, a championship. How close to that goal do you expect Mexico to get?

4- Mexico City has had 2 seasons of players at the top of the points leaders. Alex Stroheim 2 seasons ago and Captain Nugget and Tim Riggins last season. How many players do you think will be in the top 3 in points and who do you think it will be? 

6- we tend to have a fun question at this point, something not so VHL minded. So with that said, the NHL season is coming to a close. What team really surprised you in a good way, or bad way, and why?

1. I think I did a fantastic job at the draft.. I mean, if I ended up saying I didn't that wouldn't look good!
2. I think it'll be an interesting strategy moving forward. I ended up going for defenseman because we're always an "offensive team", so I want to try something different!

3. I expect us to win the cup. I think anything less than that is a failure.

4. I think we will actually be a more defensive team this season, so I foresee nobody on our team top three due to this.

5. I did watch the VHLM Draft Stream as I was on it! It was a great time.

6. LETS GO BUFFALO BABY WE GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

4 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

1. Cole did his job very well, the team looks stacked, and ready to win the VHLM. Considering my overpowered player is 2nd line, the rest of the team has to be insane. 

2. I think Mexico will greatly improve from the newly rounded defensive core on this team. With this new strong D-core, we should give up fewer goals, and get more possesion time for the skilled forwards, like me. 

3. I fully expect us to win the championchip, anything short of this would be a dissapointment. Since I have joined the team, there is no way we will ever lose!

4. I will certainly be in the top 3 of points in this league, with my amazing passing, skating and puckhandling, no goalie or defenseman stands a chance. Whoever Cole puts on my line can expect to be a benefactor of my skills and make a push to be top 3 in points in the M. 

5. No, as a newly joined player I did not watch this draft. Will make an effort to watch it next season, as I will be an eligible player in this draft!

6. My personal favorite team the NJ Devils have surprised me in a positive way because we were low in the standings last season and are no 3rd in the entire league. While I knew we had a great young core, I wasn't sure our goaltender would be up to the task, he certainly was. Also, our young forwards have shows great progress, Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, and Mercer have had excellent season working with vets, like Palat and Tatar. The BMW line has produced energy and timely goals. Top 4 D have been much better than expected with the addition of John Marino, who is excellent and one of my new favorite players. 

Edited by Will_04

13 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

1. I think he did a fine job, 8/10. Minus 2 for picking me.

2. Defense is an important part of the game. I'm sure it'll work out well.

3. I'm not expecting close, I'm expecting the full thing.

4. Honestly got no clue, don't know enough about the league to have an opinion.

5. I would have if I knew there was one. Can't believe I missed it.

6. I couldn't even name an NHL team. Looked it up and apparently Wisconsin people support the Blackhawks which surprises me because they are in Chicago.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jayhawk said:

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

1. Terrible, @badcolethetitanshould be fired and I should take over immediately 

2. I think it's a good decision (especially since I'm the goalie lol) Should hopefully reduce scoring by the other teams and let the offense not have to be as stressed

3. We win easily. Expect a president's trophy and a founder's trophy no one is touching the kings.

4. Probably about the same we should be a team that puts up a lot of points.

5. I didn't unfortunately it was the only one I didn't catch so no thoughts.

6. Marco Kasper I was no expecting an NHL debut so quickly but I couldn't be happier about it.

Edited by Zetterberg

On 4/3/2023 at 5:50 PM, Jayhawk said:

Hey MEXICO!!!!!

1. I may be a bit bias but I think he did an amazing job at this seasons draft

2.  I think it will help keep the Goalie more at ease and allow us to reduce goals against us.

3. I think Mexico has what it takes to reach the Finals and take the championship

4. I hope we can snag all 3 spots but I think looking at my teammates we can easily achieve that

5. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch it this season so I don't have any opinions but I will catch next seasons.

6. Don't really watch too much of the NHL but as I live near to Nashville I do wish the Preds had down a bit better. But I guess there is always next year.

I1reBlo.png

Press Conference

Week ending 04/02/2023

1- With Mexico City Currently in first in the VHLM, Are you surprised at how fast the Kings have come out of the gate? Or was this expected?

2- How would you describe the Mexico City Locker room at this point of the season? Any internal Rivalries?

3- Historically both San Diego and Houston have been a thorn in Mexico City side. With San Diego just 4 points back of Mexico City, How does the team plan on holding them off in the standings?

4- Mexico City is currently 7-1-2 . They have not been blow-out in anytime and have only blown out 1 team in a 6-0 win. Do you think this is directly related to the drafting Cole did( drafting so many Defensemen) or is this just an adjustment period before the offence starts to blow teams out?

5- two of the returning platers lead the team in scoring. Justin Williams has 15 points while WJC gold medal winner Heffelfinger has 13. Will they continue to lead the team all season or will we see someone else take the lead?

6- How was Easter? Did the team do anything as a group or did everyone keep to themselves?