Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

On 1/3/2022 at 10:35 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 1/9/22

(Answer 6 Questions for 2 Capped TPE)

1. Happy New Year! Say something positive to start the New Year!
  2. The playoffs are under way, and the Kings are up against the first seed. What is your prediction?
  3. Will you be participating in any off the off-season tournaments? Like the Junior Showcase or the Pro/Am?
  4. The draft is after the playoffs, do you think you are prepared for the interviews and what comes after?
  5. What is something that you would say about your player to convince someone to draft your player higher than others?
  6. What's your go-to pass time?
  7. Jeez these are really hard to come up with after you do a couple...you good? Need anything? Tea? Water?
  8. What technology that we use often now do you think we won't use at all in 10 years?

2. The odds are stacked against us but I think we can give a good fight.

3. I'm already in the Junior Showcase

4. I've never been drafted so it should be a fun experience.

5. My player is a great character guy and is good in the locker room. 

6. Probably browsing instagram

7. Nah I'm good, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 1/30/22

1. Buenas! And welcome to Mexico City! I am your AGM Vice and with your GM @youloser1337 we are excited to get started on Season 82! What's got you excited for the new season?
2. We managed to draft some Kings from last seasons roster, as well as some returning faces from seasons past. What are you hoping to learn more about this season in the M?

3. Who is your much-too-early pick for the Cup?

4. What is a fun-fact about yourself?

5. What would you want the management staff to know about you or your player?

6. Dolphins or Sharks? (The animals not the sports teams.)

7. Will the Kraken make the playoffs?

8. Whats something that you're obsessive about that others may not be?

On 1/27/2022 at 10:34 AM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 1/30/22

1. Buenas! And welcome to Mexico City! I am your AGM Vice and with your GM @youloser1337 we are excited to get started on Season 82! What's got you excited for the new season?
2. We managed to draft some Kings from last seasons roster, as well as some returning faces from seasons past. What are you hoping to learn more about this season in the M?

7. Will the Kraken make the playoffs?

8. Whats something that you're obsessive about that others may not be?

1. My new roles in the discord as prior management and alumni 👀

2. I want to learn more about @hylands

3. Mexico

4. I am indeed, not Mexico

5. I don't play hockey 

6. Miami Dolphins

7. Who is the kraken?

8. Not the VHL 👀

On 1/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 1/30/22

1. A new team and new chance to prove myself to a new audience!

2. I'm hoping to learn more about proper puck possession and the ability to contain the game between the blue lines

3. The Mexico City Kings, why? Because if you don't have belief in yourself you won't go anywhere but south.

4. I own 57 Pop Funko's

5. I want them to know that I have many leather-bound books and sometimes go out with Merlin Olsen.

6. Dolphins because they are the smartest thing outside of humans, and sometimes humans prove that dolphins are indeed smarter.

We managed to draft some Kings from last seasons roster, as well as some returning faces from seasons past. What are you hoping to learn more about this season in the M?
Im glad to hear that! Wanted to say "Hello" to my first drafted team as Im about to have my first season in VHL! I want to learn by the end of the season that you got that cup!

Who is your much-too-early pick for the Cup?
MEXICOOOO!

What is a fun-fact about yourself?

Went to US to play hockey, but ended up playing for my home country VHL team in my home city!

Dolphins or Sharks? (The animals not the sports teams.)

Dolphins, always!

Will the Kraken make the playoffs?

Have no idea!

Whats something that you're obsessive about that others may not be?

Thankfully Im not obsessive about anything, I dont think being obsessive is a good thing, even for the smallest reasons.

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/6/22

1) Buenas! Welcome back to your press conference! How was your first week in Mexico City?

2) The season is set to start very soon, which means more games and more opportunities to earn TPE! Do you have any questions on TPE earning that maybe you don't understand? ( @youloser1337and I will monitor responses and respond in the locker room!)

3) Pop quiz! How much capped TPE can you earn weekly? Why is it different from uncapped? (Hint)

4) The Olympics are set to begin soon, is there a sport you like to watch during the Winter Olympics?

5) What is your gameplan for allocating your points to skills? Do you plan on loading all your points into one stat or evenly distributing them to a certain point?

6) Rather than ask you a question, take this moment to just close your eyes and breathe in through your mouth and out through your nose. Isn't that nice?

7) While we're on the topic, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

8- The Super Bowl is set with the LA Rams and Cincinnati Bengal to play each other on the 13th of February. Who is your pick to win, or do you not watch football? If you don't watch football, would you try out watching the Super Bowl if you could?

Edited by Vice

On 1/31/2022 at 2:47 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/6/22

1) Buenas! Welcome back to your press conference! How was your first week in Mexico City?

2) The season is set to start very soon, which means more games and more opportunities to earn TPE! Do you have any questions on TPE earning that maybe you don't understand? ( @youloser1337and I will monitor responses and respond in the locker room!)

3) Pop quiz! How much capped TPE can you earn weekly? Why is it different from uncapped? (Hint)

4) The Olympics are set to begin soon, is there a sport you like to watch during the Winter Olympics?

5) What is your gameplan for allocating your points to skills? Do you plan on loading all your points into one stat or evenly distributing them to a certain point?

6) Rather than ask you a question, take this moment to just close your eyes and breathe in through your mouth and out through your nose. Isn't that nice?

7) While we're on the topic, has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

8- The Super Bowl is set with the LA Rams and Cincinnati Bengal to play each other on the 13th of February. Who is your pick to win, or do you not watch football? If you don't watch football, would you try out watching the Super Bowl if you could?

1. It was fine. Good to be back with the guys

2. Nah, I'm good.

3. You can get 12 TPE, but idk why it's different. Probably so that people can't just make like 100 TPE in a day

4. I'll probably watch Hockey, but idk about anything else. 

6. Meditation is underrated but I need to spend more time actually doing it.

7. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:47 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/6/22

1. No Español

2. I understand the TPE earning now!

3. 12

4. Hockey, Bobsledding and Curling are my top favorites

5. I try to dump all of the TPE into a stat as much as possible then move to another one

6. Feel like a new man

7. Have you ever seen where the sand clutches the barn for the movie on the spaceship?

8. JOE BURRRRRRRRR

On 1/31/2022 at 11:47 AM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/6/22

1. It was good, because where I'm from its snowing and I was freezing my ass off

2. No I think I got the gist of what I'm supposed to do to maximize what I need

3. It's 12 I think. Its different from uncapped because it creates parity

4. I love watching downhill skiing of any kind. Its so thrilling!

5. I plan on building a certain build so I have a few spots ready when I am updating my player. Scorer baby!

6. Its nice until I hear barking dogs in the streets down here in Mexico City. So many strays!

On 1/31/2022 at 11:47 AM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/6/22

1. I've been enjoying the scenery of Mexico City compared Copenhagen. The food is exceptional, I'm just wondering why I can't find ice cubes in the supermarket's here for my daily Danish ice bath? 

2. Things seem to be similar to how they were before. Just have to make sure I don't miss any uncapped TPE events

3. 12 capped TPE is the maximum per week, its different from uncapped points such as practice facilities and other special uncapped events to make sure TPE's stay consistent

4. Any slopestyle / big air snowboarding event (shoutout my friend Freddy's little brother Red Gerard who's competing for USA)

5. Probably will follow my old path, but might alter slightly. SC > SK > PA > PH = DEF > ST

6. Yes, and I smell chicken

7. Same --> 

8. LA Rams 24 - 20 Bengals

Edited by Brandon

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. Mexico City has been in the middle of the pack of the standings, what do you think could take the team above the top?
  2. Did you know that you can earn Capped TPE by participating in Trivia? (Here is more information on that!)
  3. If you could make your own VHL Team where and what would they be?
  4. Since coming to Mexico City, have you had any difficulties or problems?
  5. How many seasons do you foresee playing for?
  6. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag? Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
  7. Did you enjoy the NHL All-Star or NFL ProBowl this past week?

8. 1 fun fact about you, please!

17 minutes ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. Mexico City has been in the middle of the pack of the standings, what do you think could take the team above the top?
  2. Did you know that you can earn Capped TPE by participating in Trivia? (Here is more information on that!)
  6. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag? Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

1. More players. I'm taking a lot of the load right now.

2. Yes but I don't know any trivia

4. Not at all

5. Idk, for as long as I remember this is a thing

6. yes

7. I liked the NHL Allstar game only because of Trevor Zegras

5 minutes ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. We should aim to pick up a 2nd pairing defensive unit through waivers so we can upgrade the dead weight that is MEX D1 and MEX D2 getting 25 minutes a game (no offense MEX D1 & MEX D2 but you guys don't cut it)

2. You betcha, 2/2 baby. Thank god, I got gifted a question about Season 1

3. Bring back the Hamilton Canucks!

4. Some might say my only problem is my addiction to the local and authentic homemade enchiladas, they sure do give me a second wind in the 3rd when I'm eating them in between periods

5. I'll be going until my body breaks down (depreciation)

6. The real Katy Perry would tell me that I would never need to start again if I was confident in all of my decisions

7. Had a busy weekend so I wasn't able to catch them, but you bet I'll be watching Joe Burrr this Sunday

8. I was an active member of the VHL from 2006 - 2012 but ultimately had to stop because I didn't have any time with school / work (and there was no welfare system back then). I also just came to the realization that we probably have members who were born after I started my first player, which is pretty cool to think, and makes me nostalgic to how much the VHL was apart of my teenage years growing up

On 2/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. Unlimited power
  2. Oui oui oui oui
  3. Not mexico city and not the kings (relocate to USA/Can
  4. Hasbulla never retire
  5. All the seasons
  6. People watch that?

Edited by Motzaburger

16 hours ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1 - definitely need to have some more offensive depth.

2 - yes, even if I got my own question wrong...

3 - Tokyo, but not sure what name. 

4 - nah. All good. Wish we had an on-site locker room.

5 - all of them. Max career.

7 - nope. Didn't watch either. Hard to care about sports during the pandemic.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. I think some more depth on our blue lines. Might as well load up for a run!

2. Yes I did and I got both right for this week already, its so fun!

3. I would make the Regina Corntoppers and they would have a logo of a scarecrow with a sharpened piece of corn as a weapon

4. Nope! The locals are very nice and everyone has warmed up to the fact there is a hockey team down here

5. If I could, 20. But realistically 8 seasons (I think that's the most)

6. Yes all the time. I have to remind myself that I am a firework though!

7. No on the Pro Bowl (its so lame now)

On 2/7/2022 at 8:37 PM, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/13/22

1. Stronger defense. Defense wins championships!

2. Yes!

3. Long Island Fishermen of course.

4. None

5. In MEX, not sure...Career wise...I hope as long as possible lol

6. Baby, you're a firework!

7. Didn't watch them

8. I'm studying cyber security at college

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1. Feliz día de San Valentín! Do/did you have anything planned for Valentine's?

2. We stand fifth in the rankings overall. Do you think the playoffs are on the menu for us?

3. Judging by the stats posted up in the locker room, who would you say is so far the MVP for the team?

4. Super Bowl is all done and the Rams come out victorious! Did you watch the Super Bowl or have a party?

5. What is your ideal date? (as in thing to do with someone you like, not a calendar date)

6. If you could remove one thing from the VHL without consequence, what would it be?

7. Olympics are also still on-going and Team USA seem to be having one heck of a showing! Have you been keeping up with the Olympics and if so, has your favorite for the Gold changed?

8. These questions are really, really hard to come up with after you've done like, 5 of these. But at 10, it gets kinda absurd and really you're just trying to push through to the next week so that you don't look bad to your boss. *sigh* But here we are I guess, still having difficulty coming up with questions and venting about it in a question that most people are probably just gonna answer 'k' to. At the end of the day though, this is what I signed up for and it's fun to do. It isn't exactly the highlight of my day to sit down and get stumped for 45 minutes on 8 dumb questions, but it gets the brain going. In fact, usually I'll do my homework from uni right after this because I start going on these long tangents that I can then just start using for my school work so it's really nice. Also the weather has been like, super wild here. It snowed for like 2 days straight and now it's 65 degrees (f) and sunny. Crazy. Anywho, uh....you got a favorite show or something?

6 minutes ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1. Makin' steaks and then after...makin 

Spoiler

LOVE

2. EZPZ with HASBULLA on the squad

2. 3. Tough to tell at this point. Could be anyone's spot to grab in a few weeks

3. 4. Yes. GO RAMS! GO FOOTBALL! GO MY FANTASY TEAM THAT CHANGES EACH YEAR!

4. 5. Steaks and other activities

5. 6. Probably a member. Will not name names. hehehehehehehehehehe

11 minutes ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

2. We stand fifth in the rankings overall. Do you think the playoffs are on the menu for us?

3. Judging by the stats posted up in the locker room, who would you say is so far the MVP for the team?

4. Super Bowl is all done and the Rams come out victorious! Did you watch the Super Bowl or have a party?

5. What is your ideal date? (as in thing to do with someone you like, not a calendar date)

6. If you could remove one thing from the VHL without consequence, what would it be?

7. Olympics are also still on-going and Team USA seem to be having one heck of a showing! Have you been keeping up with the Olympics and if so, has your favorite for the Gold changed?

8. These questions are really, really hard to come up with after you've done like, 5 of these. But at 10, it gets kinda absurd and really you're just trying to push through to the next week so that you don't look bad to your boss. *sigh* But here we are I guess, still having difficulty coming up with questions and venting about it in a question that most people are probably just gonna answer 'k' to. At the end of the day though, this is what I signed up for and it's fun to do. It isn't exactly the highlight of my day to sit down and get stumped for 45 minutes on 8 dumb questions, but it gets the brain going. In fact, usually I'll do my homework from uni right after this because I start going on these long tangents that I can then just start using for my school work so it's really nice. Also the weather has been like, super wild here. It snowed for like 2 days straight and now it's 65 degrees (f) and sunny. Crazy. Anywho, uh....you got a favorite show or something?

2. I think playoffs are a guarantee with this squad right now. Gaining a bit of depth on D will give us a shot at trying to make a run

3. I would have to say sneakily Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister, simply by the fact that he is an assist machine and is 1st in the league in shots blocked (almost 5 per game), with the 2nd ranked person having HALF HIS SHOTS BLOCKED... Backup would have to be Brandt Fuhr @Tate as he's at the top of the league in S% and has stolen multiple games thus far.

4. Definitely, went to a friend's house to watch. It was a wild game. Tough loss as a Bengals fan, but we'll be back.

6. Everyone's awareness of the current STHS attribute meta + decision making formula (including myself)

7. Watched all the snowboard competitions, but that's about it. Was pleasantly surprised by Max Parrot's performance.

8. All-time favorite show would have to be Parks & Rec

46 minutes ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1 - We have an annual tradition of making ice cream sundaes. Just waiting for my wife and younger daughter to get home.

2 - I think we have a chance for sure. If we make it, though, it's going to be a very tough battle. 

4 - I didn't even realize it was super bowl sunday until the 1st period intermission of the Sabres/Habs game when the Sportsnet reporter asked Skinner who the Sabres locker room is rooting for.

5 - Go walk around the mall, get a medium-quality lunch, watch a movie, then go to a nicer restaurant for dinner.

6 - The everpresent anvil around the league's neck: Discord.

7 - Not even slightly, which is sad, because the winter games were always my favorite. I'm not a fan of the Chinese government, so I don't really feel compelled to watch the games that are taking place there. I know everyone is catering to the "untapped" Chinese market for financial reasons, but it's super gross. 

11 hours ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1. Yes, I did.

2. The playoffs are definitely on the menu for us. After Hunor and I were traded here, I feel this team took a step forward towards greatness, now it's up to us to gel and be great. if we do that... we may be active players in the playoffs!

3. It's hard to say... Matt and Called have been great, but I would have to answer that question with Ryuji's name. He's had impact both on offense and defense, with 25 Assists and 100+ Shots Blocked and Hits.

4. Super Bowl party with my American Football team went great. Dinner and finger food, the game... was great in the first half, afterwards not so much.

5. *Jokingly* Yes.

6. I have yet to find something to change in the VHL. It hasn't been long since I arrived, but I'm pleased with everything I've encountered so far.

7. Haven't been giving a lot of attention to the Olympics, but if I were a betting man... I'd put it on Canada to get the Gold.

8. 'The Office' takes the crown. That show has everything, is all-around great and I bet it holds this title for many people!

21 hours ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1. No, I do not have anything planned for valentine's day.

2. I would like to think so, our players have been playing really well lately.

3. Calen has been wonderful, but so has Fuhr. It's really hard to pick between the two.

4. I watched the Super Bowl with my roommates. Not like a big party or anything, just the four of us.

5. Just hanging out at home and watching a movie or something.

7. My favorite show changes every month. The show that has had the most impact on me personally is Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I really enjoy watching shows like the Office, the Boondocks, the Eric Andre Show, and other things like that.

22 hours ago, Vice said:

MC_Bar.png
Press Conference

Week Ending 2/20/22

1. Me and my girlfriend are going out this weekend!

2. I believe we will be in playoffs.

3. Calen McKay is 100% our MVP this season

4. Yes and yes

5. Ice skating and dinner

6. Not exactly remove, but extend a players career span

7. USA by a trillion...Gold or nothing

8. Not really into shows...However a movie recommendation is 'A Bronx Tale'