Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Do you think Riga will make the playoffs next season?

Yes, I think Riga will make the playoffs.  However, they haven't the horsepower, at this point, to go deep.

2. If you could create an alternate jersey for Riga, what color scheme would you use/go with?

Ya, I would go with blue/gold.  Keep the original idea of the logo, but "modernize" it a bit. 

3. What's the best sandwich at Subway, bread of choice, and toppings?

Italian BMT on Honey Oat.....load it up....lotsa onions and hot peppers and Italian dressing.

4. Were you surprised that Biden beat Trump in the election, did you even follow it?

Not particularly, based on the fact that in the 2016 election the Democrats, in fact, held the majority of the popular vote.  Also. President Trump's behaviour and unfounded statements are a bit off-putting.

5. What's one of the worst movies you've ever seen?

The Love guru (2008).  Justin Timberlake as a French-Canadian hockey star....c'mon !!!!

6. What's one of the best movies you've ever seen?

The Greatest Game Ever Played (2005).  A truly uplifting tale.  Also appropriate as I watch the Masters.

1. Late presser? Did I become lazy already?

2. We're off to a decent 3-3-1 start. Can we keep this up at least till mid season?

3. Calvin Harvey to Riga! Maybe we can keep this up throughout all season now that we have a better goalie?

4. Forum is so laggy now. Who's to blame?

5. Who do you think will finish with the most points in Riga team this season?

6. Any plans on Thanksgiving?

7. Are you more hyped for Thanksgiving or X-Mas?

8. Pickles or jalapeno?

9. Do you watch NBA? If so, who is the best FA out there this offseason?

1. Nah, if we're active, we would've noticed. This is actually a good activity test

2. It seems as though the sim gods are shining upon Riga early. If we keep up the good luck, I think we can contend

3. Yeah, it increases our chances for sure. 

4. I don't know. At least discord is working

5. Gino or Rocket probably since they're high scoring forwards

6. Not really. Maybe some special food, but nothing much

7. Christmas, no doubt. Better food and sometimes you get stuff

8. Neither. Hate both of them, pickles taste like slimy trash and I hate spicy food

9. Nah, I don't enjoy watching basketball. I heard the Lakers won, but that's about it

Yes and no.  As mentioned, this is a good activity test.  I look at it a bear stirring in his hibernation.

2. We're off to a decent 3-3-1 start. Can we keep this up at least till mid season?

Ya, well let's hope so.  There have been a few other surprises in the VHL so far.  I mean Helsinki's record is a bit shocking.  A lot of how we perform for the rest of the season will rely, in part, on how the players on other teams progress.  If they progress faster than we do then we will slowly drop back.  Let's not let this happen !!  Go Reign !!

3. Calvin Harvey to Riga! Maybe we can keep this up throughout all season now that we have a better goalie?

Sirkants Klamasteris boasts some very decent stats so far this season.  A save % of 0.921 is quite good.  Calvin Harvey was # 2 in Helsinki.  And has great stats as well.  What did/do The Reighn have to give up ???

OK, I though it might be my own connection, but since it isn't it is likely the server that hosts this forum.

A good question.  It will depend on ongoing development.  It looks like our offence is being directed by our defensemen.  Not a good thing in the long run.  My thinking is that Rocket will come alive an take over the points lead.

Thanksgiving has come and gone up here.  But, nonetheless, we spent a lovely long week-end on the south shore of Manitoulin Island.

Christmas for sure !!!  I just love to see the kids faces when they get a present that is totally unexpected.  

8. Pickles or jalapeno?

Ya, both, but in moderation.

Ahhh, the NBA  !!!!   Where will the Raps play this year....Tampa Bay???  If so will they return to Toronto??  As far as free agency is concerned are we looking at unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents or free agents as a player option ??  Many of the latter two types will be picked up by their current teams.  So, likely leading the pack as far as unrestricted free agents would be Fred Van Vleet (G Toronto Raptors). Fred is 26, can make plays, stretch the floor and force turnover.  He is one of the best defensive guards in the league.  Its going to cost beaucoup $$$ to wrestle him away from the Raptors.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:01 PM, hedgehog337 said:

meh seems like all of us were equaly lazy we all had the opportunity to make a presser.

I think at the very least we could stay repetitive for awhile, we can hope to keep pushing for a playoff spot at the end of the year but I guess we'll see.

that was a HUGE bump for us cant win games if you keep getting scored on.

i bet a rival sim is trying to take us down for being way to awesome 

either @Rocket or @Zyrok they're having a great year so far

yes to eat food and fall asleep

Thanksgiving read above for why

8. Pickles or jalapeno?

easy jalapeno's

no was never into basketball

1. Late presser? Did I become lazy already? No people get busy

I believe we will get even better yet .

I think he can .

4. Forum is so laggy now. Who's to blame? Maybe the weather man 

Hard to say 

6. Any plans on Thanksgiving? I live in Canada already had mine 

7. Are you more hyped for Thanksgiving or X-Mas? Xmas time off from work 

8. Pickles or jalapeno? Both 

9. Do you watch NBA? If so, who is the best FA out there this offseason? No

1. After the last set of questions we lost 3 more games. Is there a chance to turn it around?

2. We signed another FA today, Ben McGirr. Is this a good thing to bolster the forward depth?

3. Another FA forward is rumored to sign with us, Michael Hall. Not too much?

4. What do you think about us only having one true center (Andreshnikov)?

5. Do you believe that Addison McLaren is the best two way forward in minors now?

6. Do you believe Cabe McJake could take the minor's best scorer award?

7. Are you bothered when I'm pinging you for TPE opportunities?

8. Do you think that putting games in bunch rather one by one is going to work?

9. What do you think about users who are never changing their forum/discord profile pic since joining?

4. What do you think about us only having one true center (Andreshnikov)?

It happens, we are turning it around now and it's a rebuild season so it is only temp.

5. Do you believe that Addison McLaren is the best two way forward in minors now?

Yes, they are playing really well and will be a great addition to the team. 

6. Do you believe Cabe McJake could take the minor's best scorer award?

Yeah, the next few season will be great for riga!

7. Are you bothered when I'm pinging you for TPE opportunities?

No, it is very helpful and keeps me at a high tpe.

I has so far, I really don't mind it either way. 

9. What do you think about users who are never changing their forum/discord profile pic since joining?

Heathens, they are uncultured and have no taste.

1. After the last set of questions we lost 3 more games. Is there a chance to turn it around?

I doubt it.  As you mentioned in the LR, we still look pretty weak as compared to the other teams in the league.  Best cse scenario is that we will spoil a few play-off wannabes.

2. We signed another FA today, Ben McGirr. Is this a good thing to bolster the forward depth?

Given the current state of affairs, McGirr was a good addition.  He heated up right away, but has cooled off since.

3. Another FA forward is rumored to sign with us, Michael Hall. Not too much?

Hall scored over 100 points in the last 2 VHLM seasons.  For the amount paid contract-wise, he could be a good pick up.  Having said that he only has 1 point in 7 games with us.  I would expect a bit more production.

4. Do you believe that Addison McLaren is the best two way forward in minors now?

Yup.  Playing with him in Philly makes me a believer.

5. Do you believe Cabe McJake could take the minor's best scorer award?

No, there is way too much competition.  Bouchard and McLaren will duke it out to the end.

6. Are you bothered when I'm pinging you for TPE opportunities?

Absolutely not.  If it weren't fore those pings I would have missed out on a number of TPE opportunities.

Does it really matter ?

I consider them to be traditionalists.  Nothing wrong with that !

1. We seem to cool down after a decent start. Do you feel sad about this?

2. It's projected that we will have 6 forward call ups next season. Hype or worry about someone not playing full playing time?

3. Do you feel discord LR could use more activity?

4. Any idea how to help me to fight the weird sleeping schedule?

5. Who is in your opinion the best Riga player as of now?

6. Who was in your opinion the best FA signing for us?

7. We became the first VHL team to have our own twitter. Do you think others should follow our lead?

8. Are you being bothered if someone will ask you a same ol' question about pizza on pineapple?

9. We already have Leafs and Habs fans on our team. 'Nucks fan next? 4

1.  There are ups and downs to every season. I'm confident that the team will heat up again.

2. That is something that is exiting for me, as I am working towards eventually playing in the big league

3. I like how the discord is run, really helps new players get oriented 

4. I heard eating blueberries before sleep can help get the REM cycles synced up.

5. In my opinion its Zyrok, he is leading the team in points and has two game winners.

6. I think McGirr has looked great ever since he joined the roster.

7. Yes, any way to build up the team brand is always good.

8. Its a classic question with only one answer, keep pineapples and pizza separate.

9. I am personally a Canucks fan so it would be nice to see some representation.

I’m okay with it just have keep working hard together.

2. It's projected that we will have 6 forward call ups next season. Hype or worry about someone not playing full playing time? I think it’s great new members wish them the best on our team.

3. Do you feel discord LR could use more activity? Yes 

4. Any idea how to help me to fight the weird sleeping schedule? Two alarms 

5. Who is in your opinion the best Riga player as of now? Everyone never just one.

6. Who was in your opinion the best FA signing for us? Not sure 

7. We became the first VHL team to have our own twitter. Do you think others should follow our lead? Sure why not it’s a good way keep up to date 

while I do feel sad was really hoping for a cinderella run into the playoffs I cant say I'm to surprised since we are in a rebuild season.

2. It's projected that we will have 6 forward call ups next season. Hype or worry about someone not playing full playing time?

that's a lot of possible forwards heading our way I hope they all make it and have great careers.

3. Do you feel discord LR could use more activity?

would be cool for more activity in the discord.

4. Any idea how to help me to fight the weird sleeping schedule?

simply just never sleep BOOM

5. Who is in your opinion the best Riga player as of now?

got to be Zyrok hes having a great season 

6. Who was in your opinion the best FA signing for us?

me perhaps 🥺👉👈

7. We became the first VHL team to have our own twitter. Do you think others should follow our lead?

i honestly didn't know we had a twitter but i would follow it!

8. Are you being bothered if someone will ask you a same ol' question about pizza on pineapple?

meh i personally don't like pineapple but i'm cool with people eating it on pizza

9. We already have Leafs and Habs fans on our team. 'Nucks fan next? 4

Preds fan over here

1. Christmas hype! Any plans on this?

2. Despite being a non playoff team, are you glad that at least we show up on the ice as the fighting team rather than just lay down every single game?

3. EU standings are so tight! Who do you think will miss the playoffs, besides us?

4. How many points we could get in this season?

5. Do you watch the VHL chess tournament? If so, how does it feel to have me and our prospect @RedSus leading in our respective groups with undefeated record?

6. Do you think we need to play in the lotto tournament, even if this is just for fun?

7. Do you care where our first gonna end up? (our first rounder is owned by Calgary)

8. What's up with VHL members having issues with sleeping?

9. Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul agreed to fight against each other. Who wins? Or a draw?

10. What's the most annoying meme you've ever saw so far?

Well, I am trying for a Christmas Reign/Reapers graphic, if I get around to it.

2. Despite being a non playoff team, are you glad that at least we show up on the ice as the fighting team rather than just lay down every single game?

I like the fact that we spoil the win streaks for a few big teams.  The 2 points we take from some teams could make a difference in terms of them being in the playoffs or not.

3. EU standings are so tight! Who do you think will miss the playoffs, besides us?

I would say Davos.  They have fallen a game and a half off the pace.  However with things being so tight, a small winning streak could change that in a hurry.

4. How many points we could get in this season?

If we don't change our lineup and other teams stay pretty much status quo, I think we should end up with around 63 points.

5. Do you watch the VHL chess tournament? If so, how does it feel to have me and our prospect @RedSus leading in our respective groups with undefeated record?

I don't watch it, buy I am glad that you guys are doing so well.

6. Do you care where our first gonna end up? (our first rounder is owned by Calgary)

I don't particularly care, but would prefer if that player ended up in a conference where we don't play the as much.

No to really with covid abs all.

I haven’t heard the fat lady sing yet lol.

3. EU standings are so tight! Who do you think will miss the playoffs, besides us? I’m not really sure could be any team they all have played hard .

4. How many points we could get in this season? Not sure till it’s over 

5. Do you watch the VHL chess  tournament? If so, how does it feel to have me and our prospect @RedSusleading in our respective groups with undefeated record? Feels great you can win 

6. Do you think we need to play in the lotto tournament, even if this is just for fun? Yea we should played hard this season 

7. Do you care where our first gonna end up? (our first rounder is owned by Calgary)

Could be bad could be good let’s see .

8. What's up with VHL members having issues with sleeping? No idea busy schedule.

9. Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul agreed to fight against each other. Who wins? Or a draw? Mayweather  hands down 

10. What's the most annoying meme you've ever saw so far? Things about covid 

Edited by Rocket

1. Have you already played Cyberpunk? If so, did you like it?

2. Are you still following this season, or hyped about next season?

3. Do you think we would've stood a chance in this conference if we had one 1000+ TPE forward and defenseman?

4. Gustav (Davos GM) broke the VHL bot! What punishment should he receive?

5. I had the question in early season, but with 16 games left, who is Riga MVP now in your opinion?

6. Any idea why this trade deadline was so quiet on trades?

7. Do you prefer to play in a worse team, but with lots of playing time, or lesser time but better chance at cup?

8. Do you prefer a theme week (a PT is doubled so 12 TPE instead of 6) or current ticket/charity stuff?

9. Do you think 2021 is gonna be better than this year?

1.  No, but it is on my Christmas list.

2. I am following this season, and also hyped for the next one.

3. A player of that caliber would have been a huge addition to the team.

4. League garbage pick up for a month.

5. Zyrok, he is leading the team in points and doing it from the blueline.

6. We have a really good prospect pool, we needed patience more than a solution right now.

7. Right now in my career I want to get the chance to make an impact on the team, once I can do that I would love to compete for the championship.

8. I like the charity ticket idea, I will like it even more if I win the raffle.

9. 100% yes.

6 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Have you already played Cyberpunk? If so, did you like it?

2. Are you still following this season, or hyped about next season?

3. Do you think we would've stood a chance in this conference if we had one 1000+ TPE forward and defenseman?

4. Gustav (Davos GM) broke the VHL bot! What punishment should he receive?

5. I had the question in early season, but with 16 games left, who is Riga MVP now in your opinion?

6. Any idea why this trade deadline was so quiet on trades?

7. Do you prefer to play in a worse team, but with lots of playing time, or lesser time but better chance at cup?

8. Do you prefer a theme week (a PT is doubled so 12 TPE instead of 6) or current ticket/charity stuff?

9. Do you think 2021 is gonna be better than this year?

1. No, I haven't 

2. Hyped about next. Like really hyped.

3. Yes. Absolutely. Definitely.

4. Temporary ban, or a DM with horny people

5. Haven't been following the VHL. 

6. because it was my birthday-

7. Lesser time, I've already done that

8. Theme week?

9. possibly...

1. Have you already played Cyberpunk? If so, did you like it? No I haven’t but I might soon .

2. Are you still following this season, or hyped about next season? Not a great season for us maybe the next one.

We did our best 

4. Gustav (Davos GM) broke the VHL bot! What punishment should he receive? No tpe for two weeks 

5. I had the question in early season, but with 16 games left, who is Riga MVP now in your opinion? I’m not sure actually 

6. Any idea why this trade deadline was so quiet on trades? No one wants to be traded or gms don’t wanna make trades 

7. Do you prefer to play in a worse team, but with lots of playing time, or lesser time but better chance at cup? 50/50 I’d say 

8. Do you prefer a theme week (a PT is doubled so 12 TPE instead of 6) or current ticket/charity stuff? Unsure how answer this 

1. I think it might be yea 

1. The S75 VHL Chess tourney finals is between me and @Nikdandrea34, both our team representatives! Predict who will win this.

2. How proud are you of VHL community that managed to raise 3800 CAD for charity?

3. Do you think I need to make some trades next offseason for competing?

4. Rate our team's performances this season.

5. Rate your player's performance this season.

6. Will you care to watch the VHL playoffs?

7. How different will be your Xmas and NYE celebration this year knowing situation in this world?

8. Do you think VHL need to expand their efforts to Twitter for more recruitment?

9. We are expected to welcome 9 S75 draftees next season to our team (+maybe Connor Sim). Are you excited about that or more worried that you won't get max playing time because of that?

10. How tired are you of hearing the same ol' Xmas songs in stores etc?

1. The S75 VHL Chess tourney finals is between me and @Nikdandrea34, both our team representatives! Predict who will win this. 

I think you can beat him play smart is the key.

2. How proud are you of VHL community that managed to raise 3800 CAD for charity?

That’s amazing news to hear.

Some changes maybe or just practice harder .

4. Rate our team's performances this season. I’d say 80% we win some and lose some .

5. Rate your player's performance this season. 60% I’d say I tried my best as did the team 

6. Will you care to watch the VHL playoffs? Yea I got buddy’s in it so I’ll be listening.

7. How different will be your Xmas and NYE celebration this year knowing situation in this world?

I usually do nothing so I’m ok with both 

8. Do you think VHL need to expand their efforts to Twitter for more recruitment?

Couldn’t hurt I guess .

9. We are expected to welcome 9 S75 draftees next season to our team (+maybe Connor Sim). Are you excited about that or more worried that you won't get max playing time because of that? I say go for it and I welcome new players to our team .

Hate it like can’t wait till it’s over lol 

1. How proud are you of the VHL community that managed to raise 3800 CAD for charity?

It certainly makes me proud to be associated with such a generous group.  Realistically, this is a sim hockey league, who would think that we could raise that much money for charity ?   WOW!!

2. Do you think I need to make some trades next offseason for competing?

Given the number of high TPE draftees and the existing players who are returning, I don’t think we’ll have a problem being competitive.  A trade might be in order if you find that we have a specific need to make us better as a whole.  BTW, great signing of Calvin Harvey!!

3. Rate our team's performances this season.

This is a tough question as Riga was in a rebuilding phase and, in S74, traded a number of assets for future players.  So Riga knew that they would be less than competitive in S75.  That being said, they won a number of games against contending teams and signed a # 1 goals.  So, in perspective, I would say the season was a success.

4. Rate your player's performance this season.

Isau DaMoose had a mediocre season.  50 points in 72 games is not HOF stats.  However,, he played well on the other side of the puck (defensively) and the Reapers are in the playoffs, so, overall, the season was pretty good.

5. We are expected to welcome 9 S75 draftees next season to our team (+maybe Connor Sim). Are you excited about that or more worried that you won't get max playing time because of that?

Maybe a little of both.  Overall, I expect Riga to be more than competitive for the next few years given the amount of talent that will be coming to them next season.  And that is a good thing.  However, most of us are performance-driven and stats-oriented, so it could be a disappointment for some talented players to have to sacrifice ice time.

6. How tired are you of hearing the same ol' Xmas songs in stores etc?

Due to the pandemic, I didn’t go into a lot of stores this Christmas, so I really can’t comment on this.  But I did have Blackmore’s Night and Mannheim Steamroller on quite a bit at home.  I will be glad to put them back in their box to await next year.

Vey proud, it is good to know that we have a strong and giving community. We will have really made a difference in some peoples lives.

I believe whatever you decide to do is the correct steps needed to make us a contender. 

I think as a team we would get a B for doing well as a collective. We are building a foundation for the future.

C+/B- as I could have made a few more saves in different games to get us over the 30+ win mark.

Having no family and only leaving the house for food and supplies because of the pandemic has made everything routine and nothing really changes with the holidays.

Yeah, I will probably watch a few teams and look to see how they do in their matchups.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. The S75 VHL Chess tourney finals is between me and @Nikdandrea34, both our team representatives! Predict who will win this.

9. We are expected to welcome 9 S75 draftees next season to our team (+maybe Connor Sim). Are you excited about that or more worried that you won't get max playing time because of that?

2. very proud, didn't think we'd get that high.

3. maybe one or two, but i say let the kids play for the most part.

4. 8/10. did alot better than what was expected of us

5. -19/10. absolute dogshit

6. yes i am keeping track of it

7. Won't be different. I'm don't care about of the virus and everybody I know doesn't care either.