Riga Reign Press Conference

3 hours ago, Tate said:

1. Condor Adrienne is having an outstanding offensive season as a defenseman, why do you think that is?

2. A magical trade deadline has appeared and we can add any player we want to Riga, who do you bring aboard and why?

3. If you could relocate one of the current VHL teams to anywhere in the world, what team do you relocate and to where/what branding?

4. Pengu is having a fantastic rookie season, what needs to happen for him to finish in first place for all rookies this season?

5. What's the best midnight snack?

6. What team is Riga's greatest challenge when it comes to the playoffs?

7. Disneyland or Disneyworld?

8. How important is leadership as an attribute?

9. What does Riga need to focus on in order to win the cup?

10. If you could eliminate any team from playoff contention, who do you choose and why?

1. Now that his brother is a top prospect, he wants to make sure everyone knows that he’s the better one lol.

2. Kris Rice, cause he’s a really good, fairly young playmaking winger who I played with before and had great chemistry with. His contract is also unbelievable.

4. More ice time, especially in offensive scenarios like the pp.

5. premium plus crackers, I could use some of them rn actually.

8. Not important, wish I had those TPE back lol.

9. Consistent offence. It’s been better lately, but sometimes we can be pretty streaky.

1. Condor Adrienne is having an outstanding offensive season as a defenseman, why do you think that is?

His put in some great training sessions and a passion for the game. His dedication is finally paying off.

2. A magical trade deadline has appeared and we can add any player we want to Riga, who do you bring aboard and why?

I would have added Freeman, would have been a nice boost for the playoffs

4. Pengu is having a fantastic rookie season, what needs to happen for him to finish in first place for all rookies this season?

Give the rookie some more ice time for the final few games as we have already clinched :)

5. What's the best midnight snack?

Pizza....it's gotta be pizza. Can never go wrong with that!

6. What team is Riga's greatest challenge when it comes to the playoffs?

I have been here only one season but I already know its Moscow!

9. What does Riga need to focus on in order to win the cup?

We need to be consistent on both end of the ice and always go out there giving 110%

58 minutes ago, Tate said:

1. We swept Davos for the first time in Riga history, what gave us the edge?

2. Who do you think we will face next round, Helsinki or Moscow?

3. What do we need to do next round to ensure our spot in the finals?

4. Any surprises in terms of statistical leaders so far in the playoffs?

5. Who is our team MVP so far?

6. What do you think of the NHL draft lottery results?

7. If we make it, what would be our ideal match-up in the finals?

8. You win one million dollars in a lottery, what's the first thing you purchase?

9. Is macaroni just cut up spaghetti?

10. Any fun plans for the summer?

1. Eagles. Our goaltending was definitely key that series.

2. Helsinki maybe? Feels like Moscow lost too much this season, with Jaguar, Smitty and gritty, etc...

3. We need to keep shutting the other team down. I think we’re in our element in more defensive games.

4. Shush Nyko is breaking out a bit so far.

5. Probably Eagles for the playoffs, Tate for regular season.

6. I’m a hurricanes fan, so I’m happy that we’re in it for Lafreniere.

Our defenders were locked in, we had offence from all of our lines and Eagles brick walled Davos whenever they had a scoring chance.

Not too sure but I'd love to take on Moscow and send them packing. Oh Moscow advanced? Time to get ready!

Look at what we did wrong last round and improve on what we already have, stay ready so we don't have to get ready because leaving things the same might be fine but that's only going to give the opposing team an opportunity to find a fault and exploit it.

If I had to pick any players that stood out from the rest it'd have to be Hackett and Eagles.. Gotta go with Hackett because he defended the best out of anybody and he contributed to the offense.

Go Sens!

New York, I want to take on the best team and since we play the Menace next round they are my next option.

Huh? Never heard of that before. Spaghetti is much better than macaroni.

Edited by Z16

On 6/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, Tate said:

4. Any surprises in terms of statistical leaders so far in the playoffs?

8. You win one million dollars in a lottery, what's the first thing you purchase?

10. Any fun plans for the summer?

1. Maybe the team depth?
2. Hopefully Helsinki! Cool place
3. Keep on grinding and playing focused.
4. I almost won the Glass Joe award, does that count?
5. Definitely anyone on our starting line. They get work done!
6. Who cares! I'm all about the VHL!
7. Doesn't matter we're winning it regardless
8. A bunch of real estate and investments!
9. No. How dare you.
10. Ice fishing in Alaska!

I think our great depth was key. The whole team was firing on all cylinders

Well it was Moscow and we sweeped them too ;)

Since I am a little late to the presser...were already in the finals!!! Wooo Riga!

I would have to say Hackett. He has been solid on the backend and also leading the team in points!

I would have to say NY. We would have a very solid chance. Calgary is really good and dominated all season so might be tougher.

I would go on a world trip

1. We're two sweeps in! Which of the two series we've won so far do you feel was toughest?

2. Who are the two players you feel were underrated before, and now are stepping it up in the playoffs?

3. New York were relatively quiet in the regular season before upending a solid Seattle team. What changed for them?

4. Expansion is always a tough process for most teams. How have you kept it off your mind throughout the playoffs?

5. Do your pre-game rituals change for playoff games? If yes, how so?

6. Has your career thus far gone the way you've expected it to? Do you have any regrets?

7. If you're a rookie, how have you managed the playoff nerves thus far? If you're a veteran, how have you helped out the young guys on the team with nerves?

8. There's definitely been more chatter in the GM office during the playoffs than previous. Who all is the boss talking to in there?

36 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1. We're two sweeps in! Which of the two series we've won so far do you feel was toughest?

2. Who are the two players you feel were underrated before, and now are stepping it up in the playoffs?

3. New York were relatively quiet in the regular season before upending a solid Seattle team. What changed for them?

4. Expansion is always a tough process for most teams. How have you kept it off your mind throughout the playoffs?

6. Has your career thus far gone the way you've expected it to? Do you have any regrets?

7. If you're a rookie, how have you managed the playoff nerves thus far? If you're a veteran, how have you helped out the young guys on the team with nerves?

8. There's definitely been more chatter in the GM office during the playoffs than previous. Who all is the boss talking to in there?

1. I don't pay attention to you but probably the second one, thats supposed to be the hardest team.

2. The only person I know is Lincoln Tate, but I will not say him. I think Hackett is on Riga so him.

3. I was bribed 100$ to throw.

4. I dont care, Seattlemania will still run wild.

5. Yes I need to slap all team members on the ass instead of just 5.

6. I'm on pace for multiple Seattle records, that would be nice. If I can keep up a solid score sheet I could potentially hit 500 points, 1000 hits and 1000 shot blocks. I see the last 2 happening but I doubt to hit 500. One more award would be nice too and maybe that will be enough to barely scrape the bottom of a hof entry, or at least a few votes on the ballot.

Gotta be our series versus Moscow because if we made an error they were all over the puck, would have went totally different if we didn't have a brick wall in net.

Pengu is being leaned on more than ever and his clutch habits have made him a key player for us. Shush Nyko has been scoring like a big leaguer, has the best shooting percentage out of any of are forwards and still has more in him. Those are my underrated picks.

Well from what I noticed from the season they had a lot of bad habits and were slow to fix them, maybe the coaching staff decided to work overtime and get those things sorted out for the elevated level of play.

Other than being absent for the little bit that I had because I was moving in real life I've had a lot of fun and have no regrets, everything has gone expected.. Maybe even played better than I thought I would have.

Just played my role, kept calm and motivated them through rough times. It's a team effort at the end of the day and every link needs to be connected.

Probably the rare animals he buys on the black market, haven;t been in there since we negotiated a new contract but I had a gorilla sitting beside me, tiger serving me coffee and an elephant outside ready to take me home. 

Edited by Z16

20 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Maybe Davos but it’s hard to call a sweep difficult.

2. Pengu and Shush Nyko are stepping up big time.

3. They’ve always had a solid team, something must’ve just clicked.

4. Staying in and around the rink always keeps me busy, so I don’t have to think too far ahead.

6. Yeah, I would say I’m right around where I thought I’d be. My playoff performances have left much to be desired, but there’s still time to improve that.

8. I would assume there will be a lot of pieces moving around the league with expansion coming up, so I’d say other GMs are in the office.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. The first one. Second one I just found my groove and contributed greatly!
2. Myself and Nyko!
3. Maybe their strategies got a much needed revamp

4. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
5. I eat 18 tuna salad sandwiches
6. A lot better than I expected. Don't really know what I'm doing still but its working-ish?
7. I don't have high expectations for myself, so whenever I exceed them its a bonus!
8. No idea? Maybe a new pet?

I would say Moscow, they are always a tough opponent that we consistently see in the playoffs

I would say Saskamoose and Pengu really stepped up in the playoffs this season!

They found their groove and had the right bounces at the right times.

I just focus on the games at hand and not whats going on around the league.

I wish I would have won a couple more cups and awards to have a better chance at the HOF. No regrets though, its been a good career so far

Hedge is talking to anyone and anything in order to help improve the team for next season

1. We're the champs!!! How did you feel when the confetti came down and we hoisted the cup?

2. How did this season's results compare to how you thought we'd do at the start of the season?

3. Now that we've gone out on top, what are your plans for the off-season?

4. Expectations will still be high for Riga next season - how can we keep up?

5. Next season's the last hurrah for the old fogies from S66; who do you think will perform best from that class?

6. A lower cap number and expansion means a lot of young current VHLMers will have large roles. If you're a current VHLM player, how do you feel about next season? If you're a VHL player, how will you help these guys out?

7. We found a weird spiky, circular diagram drawn on the floor of hedge's office. What's the deal with that?

8. Uh.. has anyone seem our Assistant General Manager recently? I don't know if it's related to question #7 but I'm a little worried it is.

4 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. We're the champs!!! How did you feel when the confetti came down and we hoisted the cup?

2. How did this season's results compare to how you thought we'd do at the start of the season?

5. Next season's the last hurrah for the old fogies from S66; who do you think will perform best from that class?

6. A lower cap number and expansion means a lot of young current VHLMers will have large roles. If you're a current VHLM player, how do you feel about next season? If you're a VHL player, how will you help these guys out?

7. We found a weird spiky, circular diagram drawn on the floor of hedge's office. What's the deal with that?

8. Uh.. has anyone seem our Assistant General Manager recently? I don't know if it's related to question #7 but I'm a little worried it is.

1. Awesome, personally I didn't think this team would be winning the cup, but it makes it that much better
2. Definitely exceeded expectations

3. Party

4. I guess we have to repeat

5. I honestly have no clue who's in that class

6. Hazing

7. Maybe a trap door? Or a hedgehog?

8. ?️‍♂️

21 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Amazing, the locker room was going crazy.

2. I knew we’d be a contender, but I can’t say I knew that we would win the cup in 13 games.

3. Go back to Sweden, train hard and see my family.

4. We may need to pick up one more player since Hackett and Busser are gone now, and someone else will go in the expansion draft.

5. Gonna say Freeman.

7. It’s just a self portrait, no need to get worried.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, Renomitsu said:

1. Pretty great, super surprised at finding success so early in my career. Thank you Reign!
2. I felt we were a top 4 team for sure! So winning it was definitely in the realm of possibility!
3. Relaxing at the cottage and going icefishing
4. I believe in myself and the talent I can bring. I think we should still be fierce contenders!
5. I wouldn't even know how to pick
6. Just tell em to focus on success.
7. We don't talk about that
8. Uhh

1. I wasn't around to hoist the cup just finished playing second season in the minors.  Looking forward to hoisting it up next season though.

2. I thought Riga would make the playoffs again for sure but didn't expect them to win the cup.

3. I've been limited by the practice hours of the VHLM.  Now that the chains are off I'm expecting a big jump into my rookie season at the VHL.

4. Just give me the puck and things will go well.

6. I'm hoping the expansion opens things up for lower TPE players.  As a rookie coming up with some extra time in the minors hoping for a rookie season.

8. Nyko spends all his free time playing league of legends no time for VHL.

It was a great feeling and something that I will never forget. The team and players deserved this! What a great run!

I think we performed how we were supposed to. We got the wins we needed and went into playoffs with some good momentum

Going to take 2 weeks off and then back to training to try and get back to the same level I was at for this run.

We had some retirements and we will need to back fill those if we want to go for another cup run.

Freeman and Jet for sure, they have both had amazing careers and will want to go out with a bang.

Will just be a mentor for them and teach them on how to deal with being in the spotlight

Here’s some questions for this week if anyone wants to answer them:

1. The blue line took a big hit with the departure of Hackett this offseason. Who from this season’s defence will take the biggest step forward in S73?

2. What was the craziest part of Riga’s cup parade?

3. What is the team’s biggest weakness that could stop us from going back to back? How can we solve or suppress that problem?

4. What is your best advice to our new rookies? If you are a rookie, what are your goals for this season?

5. What Riga player will have a breakout season in S73?

6. What team finishes atop the league at the end of the regular season?

7. If you could pick our goal song, what would it be and why?

8. Someone went into the room really early before training camp and put clear tape on everyone’s blades. Who’s the culprit?

6 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Here’s some questions for this week if anyone wants to answer them:

1. The blue line took a big hit with the departure of Hackett this offseason. Who from this season’s defence will take the biggest step forward in S73?

2. What was the craziest part of Riga’s cup parade?

3. What is the team’s biggest weakness that could stop us from going back to back? How can we solve or suppress that problem?

4. What is your best advice to our new rookies? If you are a rookie, what are your goals for this season?

8. Someone went into the room really early before training camp and put clear tape on everyone’s blades. Who’s the culprit?

1. I think they all will have to work hard!
2. Someone through canned tuna at me, but I couldn't be mad.
3. We have a young team, but driven nonetheless
4. Don't stop believing, hold on to the feeling!
5. Me, obviously! I'm in the first line now!
6. Our team again Riga Reign! Unless we get cursed for some odd reason
7. The Caillou theme song because that song slaps

8. Probably Hedgehog

1. I was going to say myself moving up from minors but I'm trash.

2. Probably the fact that there was one Riga won the cup wtf.

3. This scrub Defenz Mann who is supposed to be an offensive d-man but has 0 goals this season.  Send him back to the minors!!!

4. If I posted my goals before season they would have been brutal.  I'm now shooting for team success and to score at least 1 goal :P.

6. Riga Reign obviously.
8. Definitely I did that love to play jokes.

Tate and Saskamoose will fill in the hole left by Hackett. Both are excellent and will need to be solid for us to have a good season

I think we are still solid and can go back to back. If we have any cap room left maybe a depth forward to shore up the 2nd line

Take it easy, take it slow and don't get frustrated. The Points will come, just have patience.

Tallinder for sure! He is going to rip it up this season

Why I would love to say us and I hope we do, NY looks like they might. They have been strong to start the season

That Defenz Mann....now how to prank him back

Probably Sasakamoose, he's been outside of the spotlight for a while now

I think our defensive depth is pretty weak

Just do your best out there and keep working

Seems like Tallinder is having his

Seattle I would guess

Obviously eye of the tiger

Seems like a @Kylrad thing to do

5 hours ago, Tate said:

1. 12 games in and Riga has 7 wins, are you happy with the outcome or feeling any level of concern?

2. New York has 10 wins and 2 losses, are they the real deal or will they come back down to Earth?

3. Out of the new expansion teams, what team could you see making the playoffs and perhaps having an impact?

4. Any surprises when it comes to the stat leaders so far? Both positive or negative. 

5. What should Riga focus on when it comes to the trade deadline, do you see any areas of need?

6. There is an upcoming team event for the players of Riga and you get to choose the restaurant we have dinner at, where are we going?

7. What's your preferred jersey number?

8. If you could name our mascot, what name would you choose and why? (It's a lion)

1.  YES... welll no... okay, so possibly. Marleau hasn't been hitting as much as I'd like but and we aren't winning as much as we should but otherwise it's been a decent start. Getting a feeling for the new season!

2. They are pretty real, but they will also fall back a bit down. They've not had the most difficult schedule so far so it will even out a little bit.

5. They should do whatever Hedge thinks is needed. He's a proven GM now and the reigning (a-oh, pun) champion so let's just let him do his thang.

6. We are going to MCDonalds for the $2.00 Sundaes. I just spent a shit-ton of money on not depreciating so much so I gotta go on the cheap! Doing Drive-through and then socially distancing in the park. That's how it's done in COVID times.

7. 13 for forward - gotta love Mats Sundin (and Mike Modano) 31 for goalie (all Hail Chris Osgood)

8. Lionel, of course. Say you. Say me.  

13 hours ago, Tate said:

1. 12 games in and Riga has 7 wins, are you happy with the outcome or feeling any level of concern?

2. New York has 10 wins and 2 losses, are they the real deal or will they come back down to Earth?

3. Out of the new expansion teams, what team could you see making the playoffs and perhaps having an impact?

4. Any surprises when it comes to the stat leaders so far? Both positive or negative. 

5. What should Riga focus on when it comes to the trade deadline, do you see any areas of need?

6. There is an upcoming team event for the players of Riga and you get to choose the restaurant we have dinner at, where are we going?

7. What's your preferred jersey number?

8. If you could name our mascot, what name would you choose and why? (It's a lion)

1. Right now I have no concerns about our team, but our game could definitely use some fine tuning.

2. I think they’re one of the top teams in the league, but obviously they can’t keep that up over a full season... right?

3. Warsaw for sure. 

5. Another forward wouldn’t hurt, but I’m pretty confident in our group regardless.

6. My house. I’m a wizard in the kitchen.

7. 62 for Tallinder, 12 for myself lol. Always wore 12 on the ice in minor hockey.