Riga Reign Press Conference

22 hours ago, Tate said:

1. We had a hot start to the season but have seen things turn a bit upside down, what do you see as the cause?

2. Theme week is this week, if you could choose the theme, what would it be?

3. The trade deadline is just a week away, what area of the team should we look to add to?

4. What's your favorite Halloween movie?

5. We're having a Thanksgiving potluck for Riga, what food will you bring?

6. Who do you think will finish the VHL season as the best rookie?

7. The Stanley Cup finals are over, what are your thoughts on Tampa winning the championship?

8. Riga can draft any NHL prospect in this upcoming draft to our team, who do you pick and why?

1. I'm really not sure. It's not like anything changed, but we just started losing and losing. Things are looking up now though.

2. Draft steals. People who ended up way outperforming their draft position.

3. Forward maybe?

5. Swedish meatballs of course.

6. I've got a hunch about Merrick.

7. Very well-deserved. I have no clue how they plan to keep that team together under the cap though.

1. We seemed to stabilize our performance a bit. Can we move up in standings though?

2. Why does Davos suck?

3. Opinion on most recent Seattle and Helsinki trade?

4. Do you think NHL free agency is kinda boring so far?

5. Do you like moves your NHL team has made so far?

6. Is LAL taking the game 6?

7. Which weather is better - freezing cold or mad hot?

8. Cleveland Browns are 3-1 so far...wtf?

9. Is there even an ounce of chance Marleau can break the hits record?

10. Do you think the S75 draft will be the biggest ever? 

1. Up or down does not matter for regular season.  Save the best games for the playoffs.

2. It would be easier to ask why don't they suck because the suck reasons list is far longer.

4. Haven't paid much attention yet other than a recent notice pens signed a forward and goalie for like 700k 2way contract.

7. freezing cold > mad hot

8. Definitely a surprise but don't expect it to be sustainable.  They spent a ton on good free agents for last few years maybe finally playing well together.

9. 1/2 ounce?

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. We seemed to stabilize our performance a bit. Can we move up in standings though?

2. Why does Davos suck?

3. Opinion on most recent Seattle and Helsinki trade?

8. Cleveland Browns are 3-1 so far...wtf?

9. Is there even an ounce of chance Marleau can break the hits record?

1. We could move up if we put a bit of a streak together, but right now it’s just about taking it game by game.

2. One of the top 10 questions scientists still can’t answer.

3. I like it, one for one trades are always fun.

4. Definitely, I was hoping the Hurricanes would pick up a goalie but I do really like the Fast pickup.

5. Picking up Fast was a good move cause I think he fits the culture well, and they just had a really good draft too imo. While it would be nice to see them more active, they’ve got a plan so I won’t get worked up over it.

7. I’d rather freezing cold. You can warm yourself up with heavy clothes, but nothing can really take away extreme heat.

We had a stretch like this during our cup winning run, I think we will be OK. Just have to squeak into the playoffs and then shine

With the pandemic, it has been a little boring. Nothing big happening as teams are figuring out what to do with the flat lined cap

Yeah, we got some players that we needed and some good depth.

They did, while not a big Lakers fan I think they deserved it this year with everything that happened surrounding KB!

I prefer mad hot, winter and wind chill suck!

Maybe, but I think 76 might be even bigger just by looking at the players that are going to be eligible!

1. Your reaction on my update I made on Friday regarding the future of Riga?

2. How likely can we hold on to the 2nd place in EU?

3. Do you feel we gotta step our game up against contending teams?

4. Does that bothers you when I'm raging on Simon over and over again?

5. Halloween soon! What are your plans on this event?

6. Have you already tried NHL 21? If so, your opinion on this game?

7. Can we help Tallinder to hold his points lead please?

8. The Vegas AGM nicknamed our prospect Matt Thunder a ''Rolling Thunder''. Do you think this is a good nickname for him?

9. Do you agree with Beaviss that football is boring?

16 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

7. Can we help Tallinder to hold his points lead please?

8. The Vegas AGM nicknamed our prospect Matt Thunder a ''Rolling Thunder''. Do you think this is a good nickname for him?

9. Do you agree with Beaviss that football is boring?

1. Well, I can't say it shocked me too much. Losing Tate, Marleau and Eagles is going to be a huge hit to our team. My focus for now is just winning this season.

2. I think we can do it, it's just about showing up consistently, and taking home those close games.

3. For sure, especially Moscow. They've been killing us lately.

4. Nope, I find myself in a poorer mood after an 0-2 sim as well lol.

7. That would be amazing, but I'm getting real nervous about Lahtinen. At least I can say I had an incredible season regardless of the results of the awards that I may or may not win.

9. If he's talking about American football, I would slightly disagree. I think the fun is more in the event rather than the game itself. There's a ton of suspense, so if you're truly cheering for a team it's super exciting. However, if you're impartial, it might just feel like the games are extremely slow-paced. If he means soccer, I would agree. I'm just not a fan of watching it, but I can't necessarily put my finger on why.

1. Seems about right

2. Score more goals each game than we let in.

3. Na let them think what they want of us save our good games for the playoffs.

4. Those little outbursts have nothing on a solo queue league of legends ranked game.

5. PARTY

6. No

7. Sorry 99 scoring and no passing.

9. Futbol yes Football (America) No

Totally agree with it. Can't keep the streak forever and everyone needs to rebuild at some point. Lots of good prospects coming up so it is perfect timing.

I think we will hold onto it. We usually play better in the tail end of the season

We have to step up against every team if we want to hold onto 2nd. We can't let up against anyone we play

No, I feel the same ways. Simon is very RNG

Really not much due to covid, usually one of my favorite times of the year but due to the pandemic will be staying in this year.

Not yet, I plan on eventually getting it. Just waiting for PS5

Riga:
1) What are your Playoff expectations?

2) What's going to happen to the team next season, with 3 players heading into retirement?

3) What's the team doing to prepare for the playoff run?

4) Which team do you want to beat the most?

5) Playoff dinner? Go!

6) Playoff song? Go! 

beating Malmo at least. then we'll see.

2) What's going to happen to the team next season, with 3 players heading into retirement?

I already explained it all in our discord LR, but plans may change if we can pull out a championship win.

making customised brooms. something like this.

Helsinki.

5) Playoff dinner? Go!

Pizza.

6) Playoff song? Go! 

idk, probably a song that includes a word broomstick.

Riga:
1) Personally more than the 1 point performance from last season.  As a team win the cup

2) 3 Retirement and FA pending looks like Riga finally starts over?!?

3) Lots of voodoo and magic.

4) All of them

5) Vodka

6) Vodka

Since this is my last season as Eagles it has to be a cup win. Retiring with one last cup would be great!

Most likely a rebuild but it would also be great to keep that playoff streak going. Lets see what the Hedge has up his sleeve

Focusing on playing a full 60 minutes of smart hockey. Play smarter, not harder!

Malmo to start and then whoever the next team is and the next after that!

5) Playoff dinner? Go!

Some home made perogies, always a tradition before games!

6) Playoff song? Go! 

Come with me - Cosmic gate   Great pump up song!

On 10/23/2020 at 1:25 PM, Phil said:

Riga:

5) Playoff dinner? Go!

6) Playoff song? Go! 

1. All in for the cup.

2. It looks like we might be starting a rebuild.

3. Pregame naps. Gotta get those sleep hours up to be ready for the games.

4. Well right now it’s gotta be Malmo. We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, so we need to take it sim by sim.

5. Chicken. Lots of chicken.

6. Purple Reign by Prince.

1. What costume did you wear for Halloween, if you didn't end up wearing one, what was the best costume you ever wore?

I don't think I ever wore any costumes.

2. How did Halloween night go? Trick or treating? Fireworks? Anything!?

Nothing.

4. Who wins the Continental Cup?

Helsinki.

5. Does the NHL have a full season of games next year or a shortened year? How many games do you think?

Shortened, probably not more than 50 games.

6. What's the plan this offseason for your player?

Preparing for being Kallis Kriketers Jr.

7. Who goes first overall in the VHL draft?

Pistil Stamen.

8. Who goes first overall in the VHLM draft?

Cabe McJake perhaps.

1. What costume did you wear for Halloween, if you didn't end up wearing one, what was the best costume you ever wore?

Stayed in this year due to covid. One of my better ones was probably SID from toy story

Just stayed in with the fiance and watched horror movies. We weren't able to go out due to the current pandemic

Hoping for my old team Vancouver!

5. Does the NHL have a full season of games next year or a shortened year? How many games do you think?

I think it will be a shortened season with 52ish games

Well Greg is retiring and will be focusing on my re-create

I would have to say you with all that TPE! Low key hoping its me though :P 

On 11/1/2020 at 2:35 PM, Tate said:

3. Best scary movie ever?

7. Who goes first overall in the VHL draft?

1. I wore a hockey player costume (I just put my hockey gear on lmao) for a few years in a row so I have to go with that as my all-time favourite.

2. Nothing really, we were encouraged not to go trick or treating so our house didn't have many visitors.

4. Helsinki in 6

5. Shortened year I think. Maybe 50ish games.

6. Attend Laine and Zetterberg's tournament, then go back to Stockholm for RavenSkill Development stuff.

7. Gonna say Stamen.

I've got a decent Scott Pilgrim costume. Didn't wear one this year.

Had my first Halloween as a homeowner and we ended up leaving little candy bags at the end of our stairs which seemed like a big hit with the kids.

3. Best scary movie ever?

Cabin in the Woods

Helstinki

Probably shortened and somewhere around 50

Thinking about getting into competitive cricket.

1. Riga traded me to Calgary when I was not under contract.

2. I'd keep trading all of my picks down so that I end up with every pick in the last two rounds of every draft.

3. No

5. Nope welfare and training camp it is.

6. Steak and Mozz Cheese on Wheat with Lettuce, Mayo, Spinach, Banana Peppers, and Sub Spice Toasted.

7. Not surprised he won but surprised at how close it was again considering all "experts" had Biden winning by a lot more.

8. PS5? IDK Maybe haven't had consoles in years for squaresoft enix final fantasy stuff

1. Riga is officially in rebuild mode, what was the most shocking transaction you've seen so far and why?

Im surprised they got anything for Kyl Oferson

2. With so many picks in the draft, if you were GM of Riga, who would you draft first and why?

R and L obviously 

3. Do you think Riga will make the playoffs next season?

yes go Riga

4. If you could create an alternate jersey for Riga, what color scheme would you use/go with? 

Black and Pink

5. What's the training plan for this offseason or are you going to say to hell with it and take a vacation instead?

vacation who needs to train

6. What's the best sandwich at Subway, bread of choice, and toppings?

italian, steak and cheese, lettuce, sauce

1. Riga is officially in rebuild mode, what was the most shocking transaction you've seen so far and why?

Tallinder for that price was insane

2. With so many picks in the draft, if you were GM of Riga, who would you draft first and why?

Anyone but R, @Kylradhas some attitude issues

Probably not

4. If you could create an alternate jersey for Riga, what color scheme would you use/go with? 

Gotta go with the yellow and black

5. What's the training plan for this offseason or are you going to say to hell with it and take a vacation instead?

Work on faceoffs

8. You can get either the new Xbox or PS5 for free, what one do you choose and why?

PS5

Being able to get a mid first for Pengu. 

Not Sirkants.

I'd imagine that not. Simon won't be that weird for doing that. 

Dark red and white I guess. This makes sense to me. 

I'm on vacation right now. hell with it. 

Italian, bbq chick, cheese, spinach, onions, jalapeno, paprika, some sauces, chilli included. Guess that's decent. 

On 11/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, Tate said:

7. Were you surprised that Biden beat Trump in the election, did you even follow it?

8. You can get either the new Xbox or PS5 for free, what one do you choose and why?

9. What's one of the worst movies you've ever seen?

10. What's one of the best movies you've ever seen?

1. signing me YOU FOOLS!! : ) 
  2. I am a firm believer that the coolest name should always go first so whoever that is should be the first to go.
  3. Yeah i think we have a shot hell anything could happen maybe we just click as a team and explode offensively.
  4.  Purple and gold you can never go wrong with purple and gold.
  5. work on my offensive ability's or probably eat a shit ton of burgers whatever comes first.
  6. Roast Beef, sharp cheese, on herd and cheese with lettuce tomato's with sweet onion and honey mustard sauce is what i imagine they serve up in heaven.

1. Riga is officially in rebuild mode, what was the most shocking transaction you've seen so far and why? I got traded to this team hope I help win.

2. With so many picks in the draft, if you were GM of Riga, who would you draft first and why? Not sure actually.

3. Do you think Riga will make the playoffs next season? Sure hope so hard work could pay off

4. If you could create an alternate jersey for Riga, what color scheme would you use/go with? Blue and green.

5. What's the training plan for this offseason or are you going to say to hell with it and take a vacation instead? Speed and strength.

6. What's the best sandwich at Subway, bread of choice, and toppings? Pizza sub

7. Were you surprised that Biden beat Trump in the election, did you even follow it? No 

8. You can get either the new Xbox or PS5 for free, what one do you choose and why? Ps5 it’s system I like 

9. What's one of the worst movies you've ever seen? Lots 

10. What's one of the best movies you've ever seen? Lord of  rings trilogy.