MMMMMICHEAL SCOTT!!! Press Conference

1) How do you feel about playing for Mexico?

2) what are your expectations for the teams season?

3) what are your personal goals for this season?

4) Who is the best goalie in the league in your opinion?

5) If you could play with any player from VHL or VHLM history who would it be and why?

1) How do you feel about playing for Mexico?

Solid crew. Full of active go getters and Canucks fans. No better and safer/supportive city to play in than Mexico City. Lots of tacos too ;)

2) what are your expectations for the teams season?

Since we're an expansion team I think anything is up for grabs. We have a good core and some newbies that hopefully we can pull together a winning record and make a run. Obviously we're looking for the best possible outcome here. So we're going for it. 

3) what are your personal goals for this season?

I think that I'd like to establish myself in the league as a goal scorer and a force to reckon with. I want people to be aware when I'm on the ice and I want to be recognized for that in the upcoming draft. MGS got' go get it. 

4) Who is the best goalie in the league in your opinion?

We'll see about this one...once I get through with them all I think they will be wondering what they need to work on in the off-season...and what they need to work on is not be facing the one and only MGS. 

5) If you could play with any player from VHL or VHLM history who would it be and why?

I think there's a lot of good players out in the VHL right now. Honestly playing there is my next goal and there is a few players I'd love to skate with (Peace, Kovalchuk, Glade, Dragomir). The list really goes on and on. 

1. Favorite Season/Episode of The Office?

2. Do you think Mexico City will make the playoffs?

3. What VHL team do you want/not want to go to? 

4. Thoughts on the new expansions in the VHL/VHLM?

5. What are your life mottos?

1. Favorite Season/Episode of The Office?

Honestly there is too many to specify one. I think one of my huge favorites is the "Dinner Party." So much awkwardness. So much cringe-comedy. "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

2. Do you think Mexico City will make the playoffs?

Yes I think so. We have a solid team and are relying on our goaltender early but as soon as we start scoring we'll be a team you don't want to mess with. Nowhere but up from here. 

3. What VHL team do you want/not want to go to? 

I'd love to play for Vancouver. That being said I will be happy with anywhere and they'll be happy to have me. 

4. Thoughts on the new expansions in the VHL/VHLM?

So far so good. Might even need more teams in the near future the way recruits are coming in. I'd love to see a few more teams in the league. It's great that we're able to expand the leagues like this. 

5. What are your life mottos?

Don't be an idiot. Learn from mistakes. Work hard. Don't quit. Do everything to the best of your abilities. Be respectful of any human no matter their opinion. Keep an open mind. 

3 minutes ago, HenrikZoiderberg said:

6) What team do you think is going to be the biggest rival for the Mexico City Kings in seasons to come?

Sasky might be a good rival but they are so far away it’s hard to fulfill that rivalry geographically. That’s being said I think Houston has the best opportunity to be a rival. Close geographically and Houston gives that US/MEX border feel. Houston just needs to pick there play up and it’ll be a doozy. 

1) Do you think if you were ever Regional Captain who would you choose as Assistant to the Regional Captain?

2) How many times have you watched the entire office series?

3) What made you switch from selling paper to hockey this late in life?

4) Jim and Pam or Dwight and Angela? Why?

5) Where do you see Mexico finishing in the standings this season?

1) Do you think if you were ever Regional Captain who would you choose as Assistant to the Regional Captain?

I think that one is a no brainer. Assistant to the Regional Captian is always someone who is weird and deserves some type of recognition. I'd have to go with our goalie Wrike @Savoire Faire

2) How many times have you watched the entire office series?

Honestly, I can't even count. Several. I will say over 20 times easily. I'm surprised Netflix hasn't checked on me. 

3) What made you switch from selling paper to hockey this late in life?

I think the rush from selling paper got old. My father, Micheal Gary Scott, lived and breathed paper. I think he was the paper guy that liked hockey and I am the hockey guy that likes paper. 

4) Jim and Pam or Dwight and Angela? Why?

PB & J all day. D & A are too dysfunctional and really creepily messed up - also beets and cats don't work together IMO. 

5) Where do you see Mexico finishing in the standings this season?

Top half. We're off to a pretty good start for an expansion team but are going up from here. 

6) What did you think about the last season of GoT?

It was ok. I didn't mind it until the last episode. Shit was wild. THings got out of hand. I feel like they were forced to write a poor ending and the people have spoken widely about this. Nothing will change though. It was a good show overall, the ending left a bad taste in your mouth, this is like most shows however. The last few seasons of the Office were trash not gonna lie. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. do you feel like the ''player PC'' section is being kinda inactive lately?

2. do you see yourself taking the 2C position next season?

3. 5 more wins and Vancouver becomes a champ. feelings about that?

4. do you prefer Helsinki or Riga in finals?

5. is it tough to be in charge of GFX tourney?

6. are you worried about being exposed in and expansion draft?

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. do you feel like the ''player PC'' section is being kinda inactive lately?

2. do you see yourself taking the 2C position next season?

3. 5 more wins and Vancouver becomes a champ. feelings about that?

4. do you prefer Helsinki or Riga in finals?

5. is it tough to be in charge of GFX tourney?

6. are you worried about being exposed in and expansion draft?

1. YES! VERY MUCH SO! IT'S BEEN DEAD AND TOUGH TO GET QUESTIONS ASKED SO THANK YOU!

2. I hope so. I'd like a bigger role. I feel like I am suppressed right now. Arguably one of the top rookies coming into the season and not having enough ice time to be able to produce like the other rookies is no fun at all. 

3. Would be pretty crazy for my first year in the VHL with MGS. Would start the career off on the right path regardless of the low stats.

4. I think Riga. Helsinki seems way stronger, but hey, a rematch of last years would be fun too. Either way will be tough. 

5. YES! IT IS A FUCK OF A LOT OF WORK. Not only to organize and plan, but to create/update the survey each submission period. Also taking the heat for the rankings is something else. I think people forget what its about and get too tied up in competing and what not. I know you want to win, but hey, the people vote. I don't even vote. If the people like what they like too darn bad. It's been such a shit show I am considering stopping it or dragging a few others in with me so that I can feel less stressed about it. 

6. Nah. I;d love to be on an expansion team - start to write history from a blank page sounds fun. Did it with Mexico, would love to do it again. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Who is the most unsung hero of the VAN cup run?

2. What moves, if any, are Vancouver going to have to do this off-season to prepare for another run next year?

3. Will the Mexico City Kings ever win a cup?

4. Whats your favourite kind of sandwich?

5. What stat categories are MGS going to focus on this off-season, going into S68?

6. Any ideas on what kind of position/member Vancouver is targeting in the S68 entry draft? Any prospect in particular have your seal of approval?

11 hours ago, gorlab said:

1. Who is the most unsung hero of the VAN cup run?

2. What moves, if any, are Vancouver going to have to do this off-season to prepare for another run next year?

3. Will the Mexico City Kings ever win a cup?

4. Whats your favourite kind of sandwich?

5. What stat categories are MGS going to focus on this off-season, going into S68?

6. Any ideas on what kind of position/member Vancouver is targeting in the S68 entry draft? Any prospect in particular have your seal of approval?

1. Gritty was low key a big game player. 

2. Protect and keep as many assets as possible. Expansion draft makes that difficult. 

3. Next year and S70 Mex will be fire. 

4. Peanut butter and tuna fish. 

5. Skating, Face-offs, Puck handling are the main ones right now. 

6. Looking at the first round, any one of those fellas would make an impact right away. No one in particular i will mention now (can't share the secrets of Van)

• 3 months later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Motzaburger