Peace frustrated with Davos' early struggles.

Peace

DAVOS, SWITZERLAND -- Rylan Peace has become the latest in a long line of VHL players to get frustrated with their clubs early performance, especially when said club should be dominating the standings with the roster they have. After multiple line changes, strategy adjustments and changing game plans it can be understandable from a player perspective why they'd get upset, and Peace is only human, so like us all he experiences the emotions too. 

"It's been tough," The Davos center admitted. "We've tried different lines, even old lines, to see if we could get the chemistry going again but nothing is there. It's like the entire team shed its skin and is uncomfortable with it now. It certainly wasn't the start we were anticipating, and after the trades conducting in the off-season, we honestly anticipated we'd be one of the top teams in the league - if not the top team." 

"On paper - with the additions of Crimson, Slade, Dragomir and the improvement of everyone else - we should have been dominating teams, controlling the puck far more than other teams, and it gets frustrating because we are." Peace said, supported by the advanced stats the club has been tracking. They've dominated teams, averaging just a nick under 60% Corsi combined with respectable Fenwick and PDO stats that display the team has the puck more than others. 

"I'm confident we'll snap out of... well what ever this is." Peace concluded. "Maybe we need a bowl of Lucky Charms, eh? That's the tactic now, eat a bowl of sugary cereal before every game."

The Swiss team has gone 10-11-2, sitting outside of a playoff position once again at the one/third mark of the season, but if analyzing stats tell us anything they should correct themselves naturally as the season progresses. Davos has the talent, they've got the stars, maybe they need time to adjust to one another and build off each others strengths. Or could it be - perhaps - that Davos has been cursed, just like VHL teams in the past, after winning their first championship not-so-long-ago? 

There is a positive to the storm right now. 

At least the grass will look green when it stops, right?  

5 minutes ago, xsjack said:

The real reason why davos is playing bad is because they lost Lynch that’s why malmo is better

I love all the banter from the expansion picks good stuff.

24 minutes ago, xsjack said:

The real reason why davos is playing bad is because they lost Lynch that’s why malmo is better

That's also why New York is garbage, they would rather have a draft pick than me. Clowns

4 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

That's also why New York is garbage, they would rather have a draft pick than me. Clowns

which pick would that be?

22 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I love all the banter from the expansion picks good stuff.

Its easy to banter when you are good davos can’t  say the same though

Just now, Beaviss said:

which pick would that be?

All I know is that I was exposed in the lottery since if they didn't expose an active player they would lose a draft pick. I don't know what pick it was though

5 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

They probably didn’t protect you cause they were going in to a rebuild 

1 minute ago, Matt_O said:

All I know is that I was exposed in the lottery since if they didn't expose an active player they would lose a draft pick. I don't know what pick it was though

They could have protected you then trade you to malmo for that pick they lost and more

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

afaik it's a third round pick.

They took Maximillan Kirbsson. Certainly a good player except he hasn't logged into the site since May 9th.

12 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

what

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

afaik it's a third round pick.

said

32 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

They took Maximillan Kirbsson. Certainly a good player except he hasn't logged into the site since May 9th.

New York messed up what was spade thinking 

36 minutes ago, xsjack said:

New York messed up what was spade thinking 

We can’t even ask him since he is dead and inactive 

3 hours ago, Matt_O said:

Imagine essentially trading you for an inactive capped VHLMer

2 hours ago, xsjack said:

Wait he is

I don’t know what happened to him. I think he said he would be inactive though, but maybe not for this long

Edited by Matt_O