How are the cubs growing up? [1/2]

Banackock

When I think back to the off-season, what the Bears transitioned from to what we became, we're basically exactly where I expected us to be. Right now we're sitting in last place with a record of 10-29-5 and a very dismal 25 points (11 less than second last). BUT, it's exactly where I thought we'd be. The league is incredibly full of talent and good teams at the moment and it's a really fun thing to watch. This off-season when we pulled off all those moves, it clearly was the perfect time to kick things into a rebuild, regrow and jump on the opportunity that could be a good land mine. It's the cycle and thanks to solid recruitment drives and possibly expansion, the resources for the taking have changed too. Lots of teams are keeping, so it wasn't too hard to sell off the assets and even in the end, we ended up with some nice, veteran or prime players.

Into the mix, we've added a solid core of younger players. @Spade18 has been busy lately but as we were shown with previous players and his hot start with his new player, Shane Mars means business and could very well be the next Gabriel Mcallister - a player to dominantly lead the Bears and myself to another cup win. Flop over to his partner, Morozov @Dangles13 hasn't had quite the season I was hoping for, but I know what I got when I grabbed Dangles in the draft. It feels like I've known him for way longer than I have - even though it's been sometime too. For some reason we always end up managing one another players in other leagues which is actually kind of fun. I've owned him with I think 3 players in the VHL and he's had me as a player in the SMJHL AND the GOMHL. This is going to be his best player yet with me and while going through a busy time in life, he's gonna be a great Bear! @leafssteen amazed me with his message and interest in the Bears conversation and with further conversation, I knew he'd be a great pick for the Bears. I've told him countless times how shitty it can be to be a goalie on a  rebuilding team but if he sticks it out, stays active - man, I feel as though he has a lot of hardware coming his way. Thomas Kennedy was our stud of the draft. @Walter Fizz I just want everyone to know he was selected in something like the 8th round or something and was the 78th player picked overall. If you stacked his TPE up against all of those 78 players, I'd imagine it's a pretty quik climb much more high. He's active as shit, has a solid young player on his hands and if he finds a way to stay active... remember the damn VHL ;) ... and yeah... then he's easily probably the best steal ever on this season. 

Pretty nice start for the Bears if all continues on this path. Another good feeling they have in their pockets moving forward is the fact that they're active players in the upcoming drafts. In the following one, they own CGY's (3rd right now), New York's (5th right now), and their own 1st rounder (last place). Then, they also have 4 2nd round picks and very well could land some solid players. At the moment, the draft is looking pretty good and the Bears have already contacted a good portion of players who will be drafted. There's quite a few players who were extremely excited about who, if they were added, would be huge core players that would play a big part in the teams future. It's obvious, the Bears have many holes to fill - but this draft could be the one to fill in the cracks and the following one to really make them contenders. 

Anyway, I've been incredibly busy at work (long stretch with longer hours) so that was extremely painful :) 

Double week for Ambrose Stark

• 1 month later...

Review - As with other GMs' articles, I've always been a fan of retrospective/introspective articles looking at trades and draft classes; this is no exception. I'd argue your judgment of these players has been persistently true over the last month and a half since this article's writing, as sad as that is for Shane Mars (and separately for Clayton Park, whom I'm now happy to have over in Riga).

No comments with regard to grammar/spelling except for possibly removing the comma in "BUT, it's exactly where I thought we'd be", which is probably more of a stylistic choice than an actual correct vs. incorrect distinction.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to How are the cubs growing up? [1/2]