NHL "All-Heart" Team

I saw this idea elsewhere and figured I'd bring it over. Basically put together the lineup you think competes game in and game out. Don't judge on skill, judge on heart. The goal is not to put together the top scoring team or the best defensive team, but the best examples of laying out for the ultimate prize. These could be shot blockers, players who out muscle opposition players for the puck or simply guys who win crucial face-offs. Some would classify these guys as Cherry boys "Good ol' meat and potatoes". As an example I give you mine:

Ladd - Giroux - Burns

Saad - Toews - Palmeiri

Chimera - Legwand - Brouwer

MacArthur - Zajac - Gallagher

Giordano - Wisniewski

Bieksa - M.Stuart

Tanev - Leddy

M.Smith

Scrivens

Coach - Kirk Muller

Notice how most are Canadians?

Also Alfie, Spezza, St.Louis, Datsyuk? And if Linden was still playing he would be on this no doubt.

Like I said it's all heart, not all skill. When you think of St. Louis you think of heart yes, but he does possess more skill than anything. These are guys that will lay their body out for a simple play, if you think Alfredsson is that type of player, he's fooling you. Also, no one else posted a team.

Patrice Bergeron is the captain, what he played through in G7 of the Stanley Cup Finals last year is the definition.

Hate the Bruins, love Bergeron.

Edited by Kyle

I'd put Kesler, Iginla, Burrows, Manny, Hartnell all on it.

I'd agree except Burrows seems to dive and do some shitty things that I wouldn't want on my team. Harts and Manny for sure though

If your basing stuff on doing stupid things then Wisniewski shouldn't be near your team :lol:

As much as you have a tiny point, biting and diving are apart of an everyday ritual for Burrows.

Don't have a line up yet but I'd throw the three NHL Staal brothers in it. As well as Callahan, Backes, Brown, Laich.

Yeah I left them off cause I could only have one team. Callahan, Backes and Laich were all going to be part of it.

As much as you have a tiny point, biting and diving are apart of an everyday ritual for Burrows.

This is where you're full of shit and bias as crap cause the biting thing only happened in the Boston series and no where else. But Burrows is a bitch but a special type of bitch kinda like merchant, but less of a cheap shot, where if they play for you love them when they play against you, you hate them.

Also I'd add ovechkin with a *

* being when he's playing well lol.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

This is where you're full of shit and bias as crap cause the biting thing only happened in the Boston series and no where else. But Burrows is a bitch but a special type of bitch kinda like merchant, but less of a cheap shot, where if they play for you love them when they play against you, you hate them.

Also I'd add ovechkin with a *

* being when he's playing well lol.

I'd debate but why do you go into every NHL discussion throwing shit everywhere? It is in my opinion that Burrows is disrespectful and at times mocks the game he plays. I don't hate Burrows, but I'm also not a fan of the sideshow act that comes with him. At times he plays all out balls to the wall, and then other times he is the ultimate mommies boy.

How am I biased exactly? I'm not sure how that fits. You want to talk about bias, you listed Kesler and Burrows, case closed.