Introduction

Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I can be referred to as Dizzy but my name is Dan. I was watching a video on YouTube and this league was mentioned so I thought I would check it out. I appreciate the follow-up emails to help direct me to the appropriate threads.

A little about myself, other than following hockey I enjoy dungeons and dragons as a hobby as well. I love dogs, I'm actually puppy sitting while I type this.

I look forward to getting to know y'all and participating in the league.

Thank you for taking your time to read a bit about me.

5 minutes ago, DizzyWithLogic said:

I can be referred to as Dizzy but my name is Dan. I was watching a video on YouTube and this league was mentioned so I thought I would check it out. I appreciate the follow-up emails to help direct me to the appropriate threads.

A little about myself, other than following hockey I enjoy dungeons and dragons as a hobby as well. I love dogs, I'm actually puppy sitting while I type this.

Hey dude!

Sounds like you will fit in nicely here! You should check out our discord channel as its super active!

let me know if you need any help or have any questions regarding making a player or just any question in general!

Welcome!

1 hour ago, DizzyWithLogic said:

Hey! Welcome to the VHL :) check out our Newsletter , it’s got everything you need to know to get your player off of the ground! If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Good luck!

1 hour ago, DizzyWithLogic said:

Welcome to the league! If you have any questions, feel free to message me or anyone else for help

53 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Welcome to the site @DizzyWithLogic!

Ugh, I wish more people around me played DND. You play often?

Hey everyone and thanks I've been poking around the site and watched a few videos. I will probably create my player a bit later this evening when I get some time.

Yeah I have a weekly game I play in. It took some work, going to local gaming stores for a year or so to get connections with people playing the 5th edition adventures league modules that wanted a home game not based off modules, meshing personalities, play styles, availability and whatnot. I tried online before and found it a little too difficult to keep groups together.

I also DM for friends and family about twice a year or so. The rarity of the sessions allows them to be epic. I've crafted potion bottles and puzzles and stuff like that. The next one is coming up soon and everyone decided to come in costume which should be fun.

28 minutes ago, DizzyWithLogic said:

I also DM for friends and family about twice a year or so. The rarity of the sessions allows them to be epic. I've crafted potion bottles and puzzles and stuff like that. The next one is coming up soon and everyone decided to come in costume which should be fun.

That seems so fun.

I feel I could be a fantastic DM, but it'd take a lot of time to learn. Sometimes I think about learning now and building the world so when my son(not yet 2) is old enough to play I have the most epic story with a closet full of crafted materials to make it extra nuts lol. A DND game 10+ years in the making would surely be a hell of a time to a 12-year-old. I just haven't started on it yet.

I should start the grind at local gaming stores to find my village.

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

Welcome to the site @DizzyWithLogic!

Ugh, I wish more people around me played DND. You play often?

Never played it but definitly would like it. Bit housebound myself due to the kids so me and the wife havent been able to meet up with my colleagues that do play it. One day though.

But since you play it, im quite sure that sim leagues like this are right up your ally so welcome Dizzy :)

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

That seems so fun.

I feel I could be a fantastic DM, but it'd take a lot of time to learn. Sometimes I think about learning now and building the world so when my son(not yet 2) is old enough to play I have the most epic story with a closet full of crafted materials to make it extra nuts lol. A DND game 10+ years in the making would surely be a hell of a time to a 12-year-old. I just haven't started on it yet.

I should start the grind at local gaming stores to find my village.

Wish you lived closer. My kids wouldbe 12 and 14 then. Could have been the start of a nice party

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

You should talk to Molholt/GLU about getting SBA Harmony back up and running. Would be a good place to learn DMing ;)

3 hours ago, Nykonax said:

You should talk to Molholt/GLU about getting SBA Harmony back up and running. Would be a good place to learn DMing ;)

I've tried ?

Hey Gustav,

Thank you for emailing me.

I was actually considering posting on my introduction thread. I decided to do so. It the easiest way to ensure the right folks see this.

This very week after joining the league I signed a contract at work.  What it boils down to is for the next 5 years I will be working 60 hour work weeks. I just don't anticipate having the appropriate amount of time needed to participate in the league. The concept of the league is intriguing but devoting time to weekly tasks... I just can't do it.

Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming but I will not be an active participant. I can check in to gather the free TPE so Finnegan MacBurn won't languish entirely but I don't expect his growth to be quik or significant.

DizzyWithLogic