VHLGFX S67 [Rules & Format]

Motzaburger

TLFd6Re.png

VHLGFX S67 Rules & Format:

• Four (4) VHL themed graphics submission periods across 8 weeks (i.e., a bi-weekly submission window)
  • Users may submit one (1) graphic each entry period
  • After the submission period (two weeks) ends, all members of the site will have the opportunity to rank the graphics (from best to worst) for a period of one week
  • Graphics will be awarded points based on their rank. Each submission period, the top 16 graphics will be awarded points based on the following table:

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

• You must submit aNEWgraphic for the purpose of this league. You can claim your graphic as a weekly point task submission here: https://vhlforum.com/forum/108-graphicsvideos/
  • Graphics must be your unique work. If you are caught using an old graphic (that was not made during the submission period) or someone else’s work, you will be removed from the competition and your participation will be reviewed prior to future competitions
  • This is not restricted to player signatures. Users can create any type of graphic as long as it is VHL/M related (e.g., mobile wallpaper, desktop wallpaper, generic image)
  • If it is felt there was minimal effort put into your graphic (i.e., a slight change of text or addition of a logo) to an existing image, you will be sent a direct message. If you do not put more effort into your submission, you will be disqualified. 
  • You do not receive any TPE for your participation or for winning (this is not my decision I think there should be TPE involved)
  • Special themes may arise for 1-2 of the submissions and you will be notified on the submission page
  • Once the regular season ends, the top 16 users will be seeded into a bracket
  • The VHLGFX Playoff bracket will be a single elimination playoff where you will go one-on-one with other graphics creators
    • There will be two (2) rounds per week (4 rounds total over 2 weeks)
    • The final two members will create two (2) graphics for the final
    • Winner of the final will be crowned VHLGFX Champion of the season (no TPE awarded - I think there should)
    • The past VHLGFX Champion will help choose the theme week
  • Present and past rankings for the VHLGFX can be viewed here: VHLGFX Rankings/History

Thank you for your interest! Stay tuned for the first submission week near the start of next season!

Spoiler

Edited by Motzaburger

Just now, Matt_O said:

in before everyone complains about being tagged

I normally don't mind the members tag. However, in this particular case, I think it points out another need for two taggable groups: @graphics and @media. People could choose to be included or excluded from either group, but it would mean that people who write extremely well but have never had the slightest graphical ability don't get tagged in graphics stuff. Not a complaint as much as it's a possible improvement to the site.

28 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Okay good to know! Sorry fellas

If i've said this one i've said it a thousand times, why be in a social hockey sim if you don't want to be social? People need to get over themselves and  get excited for the tags, usually they mean good things and if you don't like it ignore it...not that hard.

Don't let the haters get you down, ask anyone i've @members for way less important things, people will live. They will bitch but they will live!

Also the graphics competition sounds nice ! I'll never win but it sounds fun :)

30 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

If i've said this one i've said it a thousand times, why be in a social hockey sim if you don't want to be social? People need to get over themselves and  get excited for the tags, usually they mean good things and if you don't like it ignore it...not that hard.

Don't let the haters get you down, ask anyone i've @members for way less important things, people will live. They will bitch but they will live!

Also the graphics competition sounds nice ! I'll never win but it sounds fun :)

I like the way you think