VHLM GM (Saskatoon)

Corco

Boom doesn't have the time, and wasn't aware of James' original intentions when he stepped down. Looking to give a newer guy to GMing a chance at the job here.

• Senior Admin

Well, I have been applying for every job that gets posted here so i might as well continue :)

I am new here but I think I have been extremely active thus far and proved that I'm here for the long haul. I would love to have this oppertunity as the next step of my VHL career.

Edited by Draper

Just want to say that there are various factors that prevent me from running Saskatoon effectively. Best of luck to all applicants and will understand if you either want to scrap the Asst. GM or hire someone else completely. Thanks to James for the thought and apologies to Corco etc for the inconvenience.

Guest Svoboda_3

I'd apply, but if the wishes are to get a newer guy into the mix, I can respect that. I wish whoever get the job all the best and hopefully somewhere down the line I get an opportunity to be a VHLM GM.

Well, I have been applying for every job that gets posted here so i might as well continue :)

I am new here but I think I have been extremely active thus far and proved that I'm here for the long haul. I would love to have this oppertunity as the next step of my VHL career.

Pick this guy!

I'll apply for this job. 

I'll love to know more about the sim and since I'm a french canadian, this could really help recruits who speak french. Their first step in the league would be with a french GM so it could really help the cause.

#DonDraper2014 if he can spell opportunity right though. Only way he gets it.

Edited by Da Trifecta

Though I am a huge fan of Draper's and he knows it, i feel like it would be beneficial for him to gain experience as an Assistant first. And trust me, from experience, you at least want half a season as an assistant before you make the leap to full GM. However, I believe Draper learns really quickly and definitely deserves a GM job at some point.

why does it 'have' to be a new member...I get sterling had his reasons, but I've been really good with keeping people active while being a GM, every team I had I kept all my members alive and active, the only time I didn't was my final stint in Bern before becoming commissioner and that was because of school and personal life taking over my free time. 

I get giving it to a new member is going to give them experience, but if someone who's been as dedicated to keeping these new guys active as I have been, why pass that up? 

Anyways, I apply 

#tl;dr

why does it 'have' to be a new member...I get sterling had his reasons, but I've been really good with keeping people active while being a GM, every team I had I kept all my members alive and active, the only time I didn't was my final stint in Bern before becoming commissioner and that was because of school and personal life taking over my free time. 

I get giving it to a new member is going to give them experience, but if someone who's been as dedicated to keeping these new guys active as I have been, why pass that up? 

Anyways, I apply 

#tl;dr

This man kept me active.

#BlameIr

This man kept me active.

#BlameIr

people make mistakes sometimes? lol just kidding. 

Seriously though, one thing I miss is being GM, I've always dedicated myself to being the best, maybe my team isn't the best in the league but I always make my players active and happy. Look at some of the inactive teams who literally have no one active on their squad, gave me a good feeling knowing I helped... 

Edited by InstantRockstar

If I hire somebody new, the old people complain; if I hire somebody old, I get criticized for not giving new members a chance.

Murphy's law, you need to hire who you feel is the best candidate regardless of their seniority, or them being a new member.

If I hire somebody new, the old people complain; if I hire somebody old, I get criticized for not giving new members a chance.

I only gave up my GM job to be a commissioner which was to further help new members and help your work load, once you were 100% I stepped down since they told me they'd only need one commissioner again. 

Guest Svoboda_3

I'm fine with new guys handling a VHLM position. However, there's more to it than managing a roster. The VHLM is a developmental league, so there has to be the commitment to keep on top of your players/prospects, something I've worked extremely hard on in Turku this season. I've ran a Developmental Thread, a depth chart keeping tabs on the updating status of the players, as well as I did some side work on franchise stats/alumni etc. In saying that, as long as the new guy is going to be committed in doing that consistently and staying on top of getting people active, creating an atmosphere and encouraging development, than I could really care less who is hired as long as the end goal here is kept in mind.