Ritchie Final VHLM Press conference

DangerGolding

1)  Wait, what?  you were drafted twice?

2)  How are you doing?  Is everything on the mend?  Have you been able to take off the dark glasses yet?

3)  Is playing for an expansion team something you can hang your hat on?

4)  How will your previous experience translate to your new home?  Will you have to learn anything new to be effective?

5)  Do you think that the embedded multiple question lines give you enough freedom to make choices about how to answer?  We don't want the media to seem too intimidating.

13 hours ago, Reegs said:

1)  Wait, what?  you were drafted twice?

Once in the VHL draft and again in the VHLM dispersion draft.
2)  How are you doing?  Is everything on the mend?  Have you been able to take off the dark glasses yet?

It's been a tough road to recovery, losing months of your life another with all your physical fitness, strength and muscle memory is no minor thing, but training over the last few months has helped me feel normal again and get my feet back under me. The dark glasses are well and truly off.

3)  Is playing for an expansion team something you can hang your hat on?

Well I probably won't see playing time for the dragons for a season or two so that remains to be seen but my time with the Marlins is going well, top goalscorer for the team is nice.

4)  How will your previous experience translate to your new home?  Will you have to learn anything new to be effective?

Well i didn't get much playing experience with the Storm unfortunately so there wasn't much to transfer, having nicer weather in San Diego is definitely great though. Learning to play some more defence is high on the priority list though, as the coaches told me that it will help me on the offensive end as well.

5)  Do you think that the embedded multiple question lines give you enough freedom to make choices about how to answer?  We don't want the media to seem too intimidating.

I think it does help give more freedom and makes it easier to break down an answer into more structured chunks, thanks for the questions.

• 3 weeks later...

1.) Which VHLM team do you think has the best logo?

2.) Which VHL team do you think has the best logo?

3.) What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

4.) What type of player are you hoping to create?

5.) Would you rather by guaranteed an individual award every season, or win the Continental Cup 2 times?

@DangerGolding

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 12:39 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) Which VHLM team do you think has the best logo?

It's a tossup between Houston and the Reapers, the colours for the Bulls are really good but I think the logo could do without having Houston above the bull head. The Reapers look slick and the dark colours fit well together.

2.) Which VHL team do you think has the best logo?

DC Dragons looks the best I think, the logo and colour scheme is really nice, though I also love the simplicity and clean look of HC Davos, it really stands out by itself compared to the other logos

3.) What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

Probably the locker room experience, it's where the life and soul of a sim league is and there's a great group of guys in San Diego at the moment, especially on this run of form we've got going right now.

4.) What type of player are you hoping to create?

An all out scorer, I want to be the name at the top of scoring leaderboards through my career and I think I've made a very good start on that so far.

5.) Would you rather by guaranteed an individual award every season, or win the Continental Cup 2 times?

An Individual award, I think team success would certainly come if I performed well enough to win awards and I want my name to be recognised as one of the best to ever do it. #fifthroundgod 

@DangerGolding

1. How did your VHLM season end up going? Did you stay w/ the Marlins? How did their season go?

2. Are the Howe brothers (S70 draft class) legitimate or just a troll job?

3. Do you still do any podcasting with okochostar?

4. What type of role are you prepared to take on in DC next season? Has your GM reached out with plans for you yet?

5. What do you know about your DC Dragons GM, is he really German or is he from Manitoba, Canada?

6. Is there any other SBAers that created on VHL for the affiliate program that are more successful than you in terms of tpe gain/activity? sixersfan maybe?

@DangerGolding

On 10/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, gorlab said:

1. How did your VHLM season end up going? Did you stay w/ the Marlins? How did their season go?

It went really went, I've finished 9th in goals scored in the entire league which is a great achievement for someone who hasn't has the greatest start to a career like myself. I have stayed with the Marlins yes and despite our poor start to the season we managed to pick up a great goaltender and started really turning the season around in the second half of the year going on a few really long win streaks at time and making the playoffs.

2. Are the Howe brothers (S70 draft class) legitimate or just a troll job?

I haven't really heard too much noise about them so it's hard to say as I don't keep particularly up to date with news about upcoming players. I guess time will tell.

3. Do you still do any podcasting with okochostar?

Not really, i got busy with other stuff like GM-ing etc so haven't had the chance for a podcast appearance in a while.

4. What type of role are you prepared to take on in DC next season? Has your GM reached out with plans for you yet?

If they need me i'm prepeared to be the spark plug off the bench that can come on the ice and grab a few goals when we need them. Though my GM hasn't contacted me with any plan so I assume I'll be playing in the VHLM again next year.

5. What do you know about your DC Dragons GM, is he really German or is he from Manitoba, Canada?

To be honest I haven't really had any contact with him since draft night as most of my attention has been on the Marlins.

6. Is there any other SBAers that created on VHL for the affiliate program that are more successful than you in terms of tpe gain/activity? sixersfan maybe?

There's probably a fair few, i think okochastar and sixers are doing well here. I know that @stevo is lighting it up for us in San Diego and I outscored zeke @Aye my name jeff despite having way less tpe than him.

1. What are your thoughts on the Marlins playoff exit against Las Vegas?

2. Are you happy with the Marlins end of the season run?

3. Are you going to be staying in the VHLM next year or do you think you want to go up?

4. How does it feel being part of the Marlins team that won its first franchise playoff game?

5. Who do you think will be the top dog of next season in the VHLM?

29 minutes ago, Harpskii said:

1. What are your thoughts on the Marlins playoff exit against Las Vegas?

I think we gave them one hell of series, more than most 7 seeds would. Every game was a one goal affair and the series could have gone either way. They're are great team with such great scorers and I'm proud of the team being able to keep up with their stars like Benny Graves.

2. Are you happy with the Marlins end of the season run?

Yes very happy, we knew we were better than out record suggested at the mid point of the season as we were really feeling the lack of a goal tender. As soon as we had someone to stop us leaking those soft goals we started really putting some wins together.

3. Are you going to be staying in the VHLM next year or do you think you want to go up?

I think I could use another year in the VHLM before I'm ready to move up. Losing a a year of development to injury put me a bit behind schedule but I think my performances this season speak for themselves.

4. How does it feel being part of the Marlins team that won its first franchise playoff game?

It feels bittersweet really, giving the fans something they've yearned after for years feels pretty great. Those cheers in game 2 when the final buzzer went were so amazing to feel. We might have came into the playoffs with low expectations but as the games went on we gained confidence and at the end of the series we really felt like we could have taken the series win rather than just a couple of games.

5. Who do you think will be the top dog of next season in the VHLM?

God it's so hard to tell, there's a lot of roster turnover with new rookies coming in and the dispersal draft  so really any team with a good off-season can catapult themselves into championship contention. 

• 1 month later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@DangerGolding

On 12/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, Banackock said:

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

I could be doing better I feel, My shooting has not been up to par this year and it feels like I've taken a step back, or at least not as far forward as I hoped in the off-season, I'm scoring at a worse rate than I did last season which is a disappointing. 

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

The team is doing great though when you consider the personnel that we lost through trades, I don't think anyone expected us to be 5th in the standings this late in the season. Credit has got to go to both Roadkill Steve @stevo who's put on a MVP level season for us and the young blood who have been working hard to improve every training session.

Who do you think wins MVP?

I think it's probably got to be Kris Rice @Krice13, putting up the numbers that he's getting is so hard especially when he's not on a team as stacked as Sask are, they hounds really got a steal getting him with a 55th pick in the dispersal draft.

Who has been your teams best player?

Well it's gotta be Roadkill Steve, the experience and poise that he brings to the team is unrivalled and he fives his all every night on the ice to get us more wins and success. He's a real inspiration to everyone at the club.

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Killy Foilen @Aye my name jeff is a coward who couldn't handle the pressure of having to fill bigger boots than his when Graves and co left Las Vegas so he had to go cower under the coattails of better players again in Saskatoon so they could carry him to wins. 

❤️ ya zeke

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

It's gotta be Vancouver as the obvious choice, top of the league and on a 7 game win streak, there's no doubt they're the favourite from NA.

Who makes it out for Europe?

In a more controversial pick I'm going to go with Moscow, they've showed a lot of grit and determination and they've had 11 OTL which shows that they aren't a team to give up easily and if the puck bounced a bit differently they could very well be much higher up the standings than they are right now.

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

Chicago! It's a big market and the name would flow off the tongue really well. not sure the logo would work too well though.

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

I think it's a nice idea, it gets everyone on the site for a bit each day which can only be a good thing.

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

Going back over to England to see the family, maybe go catch up with my old teammates for a beer or two, they've be harassing me about why I haven't been called up by the Dragons yet.

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

A playoff series win :) 

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

My first sim league PT was a sloppily edited 2k17 video to hype up my SBA player to GMs and gorlab gave me a hand by tagging all of them. So thanks for that gorlab.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@DangerGolding

8 hours ago, DangerGolding said:

Killy Foilen @Aye my name jeff is a coward who couldn't handle the pressure of having to fill bigger boots than his when Graves and co left Las Vegas so he had to go cower under the coattails of better players again in Saskatoon so they could carry him to wins. 

boi

8 hours ago, DangerGolding said:

❤️ ya zeke

same here

• 3 weeks later...

1. You've spent a little more time in the minors than some other call-ups. What justifies your spot on a pro roster?

2. Your agent is well-known in other professional leagues, but this is his first (real) foray into the VHL. What do you feel he's done well, and what are you working on improving together?

3. The D.C. Dragons are still a fairly new team with limited success. What do you envision for your pro team over the next few seasons?

4. We're now in the second round of the playoffs. Who are your selections for VHLM and VHL (regular season) MVP?

5. Who has been your best bud while on your two-way contract with the Marlins/Dragons?

6. What are you looking forward to most this off-season?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. You've spent a little more time in the minors than some other call-ups. What justifies your spot on a pro roster?

I think it shows my work ethic and willingness to constantly improve despite the circumstances. Some other players might have more natural ability or media recognition but I'm confident in my ability to produce for DC in the big league.

2. Your agent is well-known in other professional leagues, but this is his first (real) foray into the VHL. What do you feel he's done well, and what are you working on improving together?

I think my agent has done a good job so far, he's secured me a lucrative contract with the Dragons and even managed to negotiate some extra bonus to aid in my development. The ability to have the business side of the sport all sorted out lets me produce more on the ice. I think I've done especially well in clutch situations and on the big stage, 12 game winners in my VHLM career along with my fair share of goals in the playoffs including a hat trick. Working on consistent scoring and also on my defensive skills is the next step on my journey to being a quality player.

3. The D.C. Dragons are still a fairly new team with limited success. What do you envision for your pro team over the next few seasons?

I think the goal of everyone on the team is our first playoff appearance in S70, the GM has made smart moves to bring in more talent and fill out the roster with hard working guys. An expansion team is always going to go through growing pains but I think we're well on out way to becoming a contender and a a playoff staple here.

4. We're now in the second round of the playoffs. Who are your selections for VHLM and VHL (regular season) MVP?

Bit late for this question now I guess haha.

5. Who has been your best bud while on your two-way contract with the Marlins/Dragons?

It's hard to say really, obviously on ice it's got to be Steve @stevo but in regards to best bud it's probabably with the GM and the AGM, they've been a great help to me in my time there and a lot of the credit from my performances goes to them. @InstantRockstar @MexicanCow123.

6. What are you looking forward to most this off-season?

Moving to DC and getting to properly meet my new team mates as well as getting to explore the new facilities that the Dragons have, obviously it's a fresh new stadium with newly built training facilities and I hear there's some exciting new tech in there so that should be exciting.