GM 114: Calgary Wranglers vs. Malmo Nighthawks

VHL Games

• Commissioner

Now that's the kind of game I've been trying to see this season! Always nice to pick up a hat trick, especially with @fonziGG playing amazingly.

25 more goals!

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

6 game pointless streak :(

Yeah the Wranglers are on quite a losing streak. I have a feeling some settings were fucked with, no way the highest TPE starting 11 in the league should be a lotto team even with STHS fuckery

8 hours ago, Bushito said:

Yeah the Wranglers are on quite a losing streak. I have a feeling some settings were fucked with, no way the highest TPE starting 11 in the league should be a lotto team even with STHS fuckery

Doesn't make sense at all.

1  high TPE player, maybe. But a whole TPE, consistently losing? Wtf.

• Commissioner
15 hours ago, Bushito said:

And there’s the conspiracy I was waiting for. Knew I couldn’t score my only hat trick of the season against you without it coming out haha.

@Devise  can go compare the sliders to the old ones if you’re so sure; they weren’t touched. Even if they were (spoilers: I’d be scoring way more if they were) sliders wouldn’t affect specific teams. STHS just doesn’t like your team chemistry I guess, it happens. Look at Vancouver a few seasons ago. Sometimes good on paper doesn’t translate.

• Admin
7 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Doesn't make sense at all.

1  high TPE player, maybe. But a whole TPE, consistently losing? Wtf.

You not banking against depreciation doesn't help, now that Ironside is a 500 TPA player instead of 1,200 TPE.

20 hours ago, Bushito said:

I’m 99% sure Helsinki has the highest average TPA, so...

6 hours ago, Victor said:

You not banking against depreciation doesn't help, now that Ironside is a 500 TPA player instead of 1,200 TPE.

I've never banked for it before. None of my players have been impacted too bad from it. 

With my player's attributes they should still be performing. 

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I've never banked for it before. None of my players have been impacted too bad from it. 

More TPA means depreciation affects you more though. 585 TPA when aiming to be the team’s main threat is going to be problematic.

Still though, you should indeed be performing better. My hunch is like chemistry. Sorta like how you and I didn’t do well on the same line even though we were both top players. Or how Borwinn and I did amazing in S66 together but terrible last season after his re-roll. Linemates have a huge impact, far larger than simply TPE does.

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

More TPA means depreciation affects you more though. 585 TPA when aiming to be the team’s main threat is going to be problematic.

Still though, you should indeed be performing better. My hunch is like chemistry. Sorta like how you and I didn’t do well on the same line even though we were both top players. Or how Borwinn and I did amazing in S66 together but terrible last season after his re-roll. Linemates have a huge impact, far larger than simply TPE does.

Calgary as a team should just be doing better in general. Started well as usual then declined. 

Twinger I'm not surprised with. He sucked in his prime too, but I figured switching to D might spark something. It did to start off, but then he slowed with the rest of the team.

Ironside I was never worried out, but he should definitely still be doing better. Although he's retired after this season so its whatever to me. He probably should have had a better career, but it's all good.

None of my players will ever live up to Parechkin and I'm fine with that. Lmao. Too high of a bar. 

23 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Calgary as a team should just be doing better in general. Started well as usual then declined. 

Twinger I'm not surprised with. He sucked in his prime too, but I figured switching to D might spark something. It did to start off, but then he slowed with the rest of the team.

Ironside I was never worried out, but he should definitely still be doing better. Although he's retired after this season so its whatever to me. He probably should have had a better career, but it's all good.

None of my players will ever live up to Parechkin and I'm fine with that. Lmao. Too high of a bar. 

585 TPA is kinda meh nowadays with a big chunk of players having 1000+ I'm not saying it's impossible to have a solid season, but def harder. 

I'm way more surprised about Dills and Ylonen never took off as of this moment. I figured it out they should do big things which could propel Calgary to a Victory Cup, even took Ylo in fantasy. That's really a headscratching moment, prolly Esso gotta up scoring to 90 for a bigger effect.

20 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

585 TPA is kinda meh nowadays with a big chunk of players having 1000+ I'm not saying it's impossible to have a solid season, but def harder. 

I'm way more surprised about Dills and Ylonen never took off as of this moment. I figured it out they should do big things which could propel Calgary to a Victory Cup, even took Ylo in fantasy. That's really a headscratching moment, prolly Esso gotta up scoring to 90 for a bigger effect.

F im banking for regression