Simply The Best: A Legacy of Victory

HenrikZoiderberg

Simply The Best: A Legacy of Victory

Image result for lanny mcdonald cup

This week in the Zoiderberg Gazette, I polled a number of historical league veterans to see what their thoughts were on who is the best team since the VHL's inception in S01. There were varied replies, and a few unexpected twists. Let's dive in!

@Esso2264:

"i legit dont really know anything before my time lol"

@Acydburn:

"I honestly have no idea
I dont pay attention to that
Helsinki has won the most championships tho"

Okay, so not everybody had much of an opinion to share. Some of the more active leadership and league members did have deeper opinions to share though, some of them with their own shade of favoritism.

@Peace:

"During my time? Helsinki has always been dangerous. They're always in the conversation and I've been here almost seven seasons. Quik @Quik has done a really good job making sure Helsinki competes year in and out. I don't think they've missed the playoffs since I created Peace."

@tfong:

"I dunno. I'm pretty biased toward my old Davos franchise haha. Vasteras for futility tho? They lost for a looonnng time."

@FrostBeard:

"Well, if you think about the accolades and history all together - probably Calgary Wranglers. Their history speaks for itself - having HOF written all over their legacy. Firstly, builders like Jason Glasser, Scott Boulet, Matt Bentz, Jardy Bunclewirth that are recognized as one of the best executives league has ever seen and then secondly to truly many players who have played at least some time wearing Wrangler jersey. For me, it is a clear 1st place podium for Calgary." (no favoritism here I see :) )

It seems like Helsinki is a clear favorite for the greatest VHL team of all time. Let me know what you think the greatest team historically is in the comments below, I'd like to hear other members' perspectives!

312 Words

TPE for week ending October 20 2019

Bonus TPE for theme week