Come On Blues, Commit Already!!

BladeMaiden

Come On Blues, Commit Already!!

Recently there was an announcement in the VHL that @Jubo07 was made interim GM of the Helsinki Titans. This article may shock people because for once I am not here to complain about management’s decision. In fact, I commend them for giving Jubo a shot at the big time. When we worked together in Philly I could not think of a better person to have at my back and I know from experience playing for him back when Brick was on Vegas that he is a dedicated and hard working GM.

He, like myself, had been harshly criticized for playing to win. In what I consider to be the biggest mistake the VHLM ever made he was passed over for Reapers GM out of the petty spite of a commissioner who could never seem to deal with those that had opinions that differed from his own. When looking back on how things have worked out for Jubo maybe it was for the best. He got a bulk of a season off and now gets to step up in the big leagues.

Why is Interim a thing in the VHL?

My only question is why interim? Honestly, the is noncommittal decision may have to do with the league hoping @Quik will return but if that is true then why hire @Beaviss as one of the new blues?  Seems like our commies need to nut up and commit to what might be the best GM to ever grace the site. I know these are bold words, but hey, I am a bold girl. Nothing would give me more joy than seeing Jubo bring yet another team glory and I know he will do that in Helsinki!

kisspng-turquoise-heart-emoji-blue-clip-art-teal-heart-cliparts-5a887a0605d0f2-1239760215188935740238.png<------The one and only emoji Jubo ever added to my Reaper LR, It would fit Helsinki too! (just sayin') hope it brings you luck there a well !

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Honestly, the is noncommittal decision may have to do with the league hoping @Quik will return but if that is true then why hire @Beaviss as one of the new blues?

Beaviss isn’t gonna he fired if Quik decides to end his hiatus. The idea is to have 3 of us running things as the league has likely grown too far for 2 people. So yes, it is hoping Quik comes back basically. If he doesn’t it’ll be permanent but we don’t make a habit of firing GM’s for minor stunts of inactivity. Bushito has disappeared for much longer than this before, as have many others.

Interim is just a word. Jubo has every authority to act as GM and if Quik’s disappearance extends on too long it’ll be made official. It’s much less about hiring Jubo and much more about firing Quik.

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Beaviss isn’t gonna he fired if Quik decides to end his hiatus. The idea is to have 3 of us running things as the league has likely grown too far for 2 people. So yes, it is hoping Quik comes back basically. If he doesn’t it’ll be permanent but we don’t make a habit of firing GM’s for minor stunts of inactivity. Bushito has disappeared for much longer than this before, as have many others.

Interim is just a word. Jubo has every authority to act as GM and if Quik’s disappearance extends on too long it’ll be made official. It’s much less about hiring Jubo and much more about firing Quik.

I figured this was the case to some degree. I guess my point is why put interim in front of it at all. We all know when Quik comes back there would be a discussion, I feel like that title is semantics.  Maybe the point is that people should not be allowed to just disappear and not respond  without repercussions. We all get the messages that go to our email, I doubt any GM does not get the private messages. At that point is is choosing not to respond and there should be an issue with that kind of negligence in any position. But that is just my opinion as one of the people that has filled in for a GM who has gone missing.

Honestly you can't blame me for questioning the hiring practices of the VHL, you already know my opinions on them aren't stellar but it looks like we can at least agree on Jubo being a great choice.

Edited by BladeMaiden

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

When we worked together in Philly I could not think of a better person to have at my back

Believe me the feeling is mutual. We ran that team like a well oiled machine and I am positive I learned as much from you as you did from me.

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

My only question is why interim?

Whether the interim status is there or not I have taken the opportunity head on. Helsinki has been known for its competitive nature and more recently from S64 til now. This train isn't stopping anytime soon.

6 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Nothing would give me more joy than seeing Jubo bring yet another team glory and I know he will do that in Helsinki!

You are far too kind, and hopefully a top notch fortune teller!