2014 NHL Playoff Thread

Every team has dirty and cheap players, but to me it seems LA and Boston have more than their fair share.

Brown, Nolan, Clifford, King just to name a few (LA)

Marchand, Thornton, Chara, Seidenberg as a few (Boston)

Perry, Robidas (this may surprise people), Beauchemin (Really? Yes) for (Anahiem)

Sestito is a mutt for Vancouver, but a soft team nonetheless.

Pittsburgh has James Neal, that covers like 5 people.

Minnesota has Cooke, that covers like 10 people.

Then the randoms around the league like Kaleta, Carcillo, Neil (at times), Derek Morris (go watch tape on him, he sticks his knee out on every hit). But to me the biggest coward I've seen is Jordan Nolan, he will do something cheap and then turtle.

Is Sestito even dirty? He's just really really fucking stupid IMO.

We don't have Lapierre any more, and Kesler and Burrows have cleaned up their game. The Canucks are soft as butter, like you said.

Every team has dirty and cheap players, but to me it seems LA and Boston have more than their fair share.

Brown, Nolan, Clifford, King just to name a few (LA)

Marchand, Thornton, Chara, Seidenberg as a few (Boston)

Perry, Robidas (this may surprise people), Beauchemin (Really? Yes) for (Anahiem)

Sestito is a mutt for Vancouver, but a soft team nonetheless.

Pittsburgh has James Neal, that covers like 5 people.

Minnesota has Cooke, that covers like 10 people.

Then the randoms around the league like Kaleta, Carcillo, Neil (at times), Derek Morris (go watch tape on him, he sticks his knee out on every hit). But to me the biggest coward I've seen is Jordan Nolan, he will do something cheap and then turtle.

I'll agree with you on Brown, Nolan, and Clifford.. But King is not dirty at all, guy barely plays the body.

I'll agree with you on Brown, Nolan, and Clifford.. But King is not dirty at all, guy barely plays the body.

I'd throw Quick on there as well. He dives, checks players coming in, holds on to players leg.

It's important that "dirty" doesn't always mean Matt Cooke or Brad Marchand. The fact is the Kings play in the playoffs just like the Bruins. I'm not holding anything against them for it, it works. It's successful. Generally it's lower offensive games, good defense, great goal tending and they play overly physical and bully the other team at times. Tiring them out. 

I'd throw Quick on there as well. He dives, checks players coming in, holds on to players leg.

It's important that "dirty" doesn't always mean Matt Cooke or Brad Marchand. The fact is the Kings play in the playoffs just like the Bruins. I'm not holding anything against them for it, it works. It's successful. Generally it's lower offensive games, good defense, great goal tending and they play overly physical and bully the other team at times. Tiring them out. 

He has been a lot worse about it in this series, but I won't hate on Quick for it. Love the fucking guy.

Fleury won a cup and a gold medal so id say hes 'pretty good'

Gold medal*. Fleury didn't play a game in 2010. And that Cup came with a pretty friggin stacked team in front of him. His playoff stats were fantastic the year they lost, I'll give him that, but the year they won he had a 2.61 GAA and 0.908 SV%.

Edited by Sandro

Gold medal*. Fleury didn't play a game in 2010. And that Cup came with a pretty friggin stacked team in front of him. His playoff stats were fantastic the year they lost, I'll give him that, but the year they won he had a 2.61 GAA and 0.908 SV%.

Yes yes, i know he didnt, but to be named to that team is quite the honour no? Also, he still won a cup, you cant take that away from him. And that team only had Crosby, Malkin, old ass Recchi, Gonchar, whitney?

Yes yes, i know he didnt, but to be named to that team is quite the honour no? Also, he still won a cup, you cant take that away from him. And that team only had Crosby, Malkin, old ass Recchi, Gonchar, whitney?

He didn't exactly have stiff competition for the third spot. It was Brodeur, Luongo, and whoeverthefuckelse. 08-09 team had Malkin and Crosby playing some of the best hockey of their careers. Guerin, Fedotenko, Gonchar, Kunitz, Talbot, Letang all put up solid numbers in the playoffs. They didn't win that year because Fleury carried them, they won because they outscored other teams.

Edited by Sandro

He didn't exactly have stiff competition for the third spot. It was Brodeur, Luongo, and whoeverthefuckelse. 08-09 team had Malkin and Crosby playing some of the best hockey of their careers. Guerin, Fedotenko, Gonchar, Kunitz, Talbot, Letang all put up solid numbers in the playoffs. They didn't win that year because Fleury carried them, they won because they outscored other teams.

he had Carey Price and Cam Ward, thats pretty stiff. Malkin and Crosby are still playing the way they did back then. And Fedotenko really? So they had old ass Guerin. other than that it wasnt that great a team. it just happened to be when Crosby and Malkin were godly. because Fedotenko and a 40 yr old Guerin dont strike fear into me. Also no defense Gonchar. I never said Fleury carried them. Im just trying to argue that he is a good goalie that has won a cup. He deserves more respect than that is given. 

he had Carey Price and Cam Ward, thats pretty stiff. Malkin and Crosby are still playing the way they did back then. And Fedotenko really? So they had old ass Guerin. other than that it wasnt that great a team. it just happened to be when Crosby and Malkin were godly. because Fedotenko and a 40 yr old Guerin dont strike fear into me. Also no defense Gonchar. I never said Fleury carried them. Im just trying to argue that he is a good goalie that has won a cup. He deserves more respect than that is given. 

Shawn you're in over your head on this debate.

1. Sure he won a gold medal, but for you to add that into the conversation even though he was the 3rd string is weak. He didn't play a game. That's like saying Mike Smith won a gold medal with Team Canada, he did but never would I bring that into an argument to in enforce my opinion.

2. You may not be afraid of those names, but playoffs brings warriors and Talbot/Fedotenko were epic in the postseason. That old geezer Guerin, yeah that guy had 15 points in 24 games. I should also mention their defence chipped in offensively so much to bail MAF out.

3. Competition was Price and Ward? If you consider 18-23-5 Cam Ward and a young 13-20-5 (2.70+ GAA) Carey Price his competion, you may want to revisit what that word means. They could've chosen Kelly Hrudey as the third stringer, same result.