Frustration for Flowers Early

CowboyinAmerica

image.jpeg.8c4276628d8fcfd9d68a6a6f4b878a59.jpeg

New York -- Outside of a few upset victories over Moscow, not much has gone right for the New York Americans this season. Originally expected to be a fringe playoff contender, the Americans currently sit last in North America, 6 points behind second-year team D.C., with only Davos keeping them from the basement of the entire VHL.

Perhaps chief among those who are struggling is second year defenseman Lance Flowers. Coming off a season where he won two VHL awards, pretty much all facets of his play have declined this season. Notably, he's been an absolute zero offensively - 2 goals and 4 assists in 22 games couldn't be further from the 52 assists he had in his rookie season. Overall, coaches and Flowers alike seem to be at a loss for words as to what's happened so far this season. New York has even experimented with moving him to the second line for something different, but nothing seems to have worked.

"I put in the same amount of work this offseason, so yeah, it's a bit frustrating to not see it translating," Flowers said. "There are always ups and downs, so I just have to keep working in hopes that things get better. I really do hope that's soon though."

The law of averages would seem to indicate that things may change for Flowers soon, but it may be too little, too late for New York. Still, that's not the worst thing. New York does own its own first in the upcoming draft, and especially with top players like Forest and LeGrande signing extensions, there's little worry of a mass talent exodus this offseason.

For a guy that gets minimum 5 TPE every single week seems barely active I guess. Well at least he helps player saround him tremendously better, like what he is doing with the Titans right now unfortunately?. And I believe that he would of been better then Hans Grub-something, Frans Eller and ur favorite Walter. They deserved a roster spot more? Aight bet! Inactive > Barely active???

1 hour ago, Jtv123 said:

For a guy that gets minimum 5 TPE every single week seems barely active I guess. Well at least he helps player saround him tremendously better, like what he is doing with the Titans right now unfortunately?. And I believe that he would of been better then Hans Grub-something, Frans Eller and ur favorite Walter. They deserved a roster spot more? Aight bet! Inactive > Barely active???

you know im not playing them right?