EU Quarter-Finals, GM 6: Riga vs. Vasteras

JardyB10

Vasteras made the playoffs and took a team that was at this stage better than them mostly because of the Taylor/Spud trade to six games. Valiant effort. Bagelface is going to be the top goalie of the league at his current pace for years to come. Vasteras looks good for the future. Interesting series all. 

Vasteras had 8 PPs again to our 0

Dan Tremblay ejected from game at 7:57 of 2nd period

We really don't like Vasteras apparently tons of penalties vs them but they had 0 vs us.

When I saw game went to OT I got scared.

In any case I've publicly attacked Corco on multiple occasions but this Vasteras team was far superior than I ever expected.  The 1st line went like +50 something on the season and Corco makes good players whatever you say about his GM ability.  I mean at any rate even Vasteras > New York it looks like the short bus is back for the Americans.

Good series Riga, shame it couldn't have gone to 7. I wasn't too worried before the Taylor/Spud trade, but after it happened I knew we would have our work cut out for us. Regarding out play in the series, I think the most disappointing thing about the series was our power play. We were getting a bunch of PPs every game, and yet we rarely converted, whether it be due to our inept special teams, or Riga's mastery of them.

You guys definitely surprised me this season, and I think a lot of the rest of the league as well. The European conference will definitely be very interesting for the next few seasons.

Crush Davos

Well, that ends this season.  Congrats to the Reign, we'll be rooting for you.

It was a good experience to finally get in the playoffs.  I was hoping we'd at least win the series so people would just shut up about the curse, but we lost to a deserving team considering how well Mike built this Riga team.  We'll be back next year.

The King of the North? You will burn for botching the title.

Shit, how did I not realize that earlier?  I'll chalk it up to the fact that I've just started watching the show (and haven't read the books yet), but still...

Edited by lightning25

I think he was just beaking you for associating it with lolsteras.  I've read ALL the books and watched the TV show about seven times and am still not entirely sure if King in the North or King of the North is proper.  I feel like they both are, though. :fuckvas:

• Admin

I think he was just beaking you for associating it with lolsteras.  I've read ALL the books and watched the TV show about seven times and am still not entirely sure if King in the North or King of the North is proper.  I feel like they both are, though. :fuckvas:

In fact I meant precisely how he interpreted it. But now that is fixed so indeed this is my new issue.