A Summer Migration

DangerGolding

The final buzzer sounds, the Mexico Kings win the series 4-1 over the San Diego Marlins and a chapter of a hockey career comes to an end. Ritchie has played his last game in the VHLM, and the last game for his beloved Marlins. The team that picked up an injured player, cut from his last team and gave him the chance to become a star, a leader and more that anything, a Marlin.

A chapter that for some top prospects lasts a mere one or two seasons, this marked Ritchie's third in the league. Signing for Minnesota, suffering a almost career ending injury, getting a late by DC and San Diego and rehabbing to become one of the focal points of a promising young offense, it's certainly been a  journey for the young forward from the UK.

In an emotional interview post-game Ritchie gave his thoughts:

"It's a been a pleasure to play here, for the GM, the coach, the players and especially the fans. There's nowhere else I could see myself becoming the player I am now. It's in the face of adversity that this game teaches you what you're made of and by god I've had my fair share of that. From a roster without a goaltender at the start of S68, to that amazing second half of the season to make the playoffs, then bringing it to a really top team in Mississauga. Then the trades this season and the bumper crop of new talents, it's had it's ups and downs but I wouldn't change a thing."

"Thanks you San Diego!" he shouts to the crowd as team captain Roadkill Steve leads Ritchie on a lap of honour.

The two forwards have played almost 150 games together and been the backbone of the Marlins in the past two years, now though their paths diverge, Ritchie moving on to the Dragons who drafted him with the 61st pick in the S68 draft while Steve plans to continue to rack up an unassailable record as the Marlins star scorer.

Ritchie leaves San Diego 2nd in points scored (161) and 2nd in goals (86) in his 144 games played. behind only Roadkill Steve of course.

Only time will tell what awaits Ritchie in the VHL as he'll likely become a depth piece for the DC Dragons who have struggled to gain a footing in their first couple of seasons in the league, though with up and coming stars like former Las Vegas star Benny Graves, George Washington and Luciano Valentino along with others, the Dragons are poised for a bright future.

Mentions:

@InstantRockstar  @Kekzkrieg @MexicanCow @stevo @STZ @Enorama