Player Name: Ken Fury

Recruited From: Reddit

Position: D

Height: 76 in.

Weight: 221 lbs.

Birthplace: United States of America

Player Page

@VHLM GM

Welcome to the League! We are in the off-season right now so it will be a week or so before you can get into games. That being said the draft is tonight so make sure to tune in tonight and you can see where you get drafted. If you need any help getting started please let me know and id be happy to help!

1 minute ago, KenFury said:

Yea, I saw that there is both a lack of Defense in general as well as good skating physical stay at home D who dont provide much offense.

Im sure you can grab some apples while patrolling the blue line

15 minutes ago, KenFury said:

Yea, I saw that there is both a lack of Defense in general as well as good skating physical stay at home D who dont provide much offense.

That sounds like a great build.

Welcome in the league man. Contrary to what @Beaviss said, the limit to be eligible for the draft was yesterday so you won't be picked tonight. But that means you get to choose your own destiny as a waiver. VHLM GMs will be allowed to speak to you starting at around noon tomorrow.

Welcome to the VHL @KenFury! Thanks for joining this league. You’re a free agent, able to sign with any team. There is a 12-hour window before an offer can be accepted, so please take your time, consider all offers, and pick the team that’s best for you.

I’m the GM of the Philadelphia Reapers. I love how active you've been already and think you would be an amazing addition to our team. We have the best goalie in the league, which means we are the top contender for the cup. If Ken Fury were to join our team, in addition to having a great locker room with helpful, friendly people, you’ll become a Reaper and gain powers to harvest people’s souls.

Imagine this scene, overtime in the last game of the cup finals Ken Fury is on the ice in front of tens of thousands of screaming fans. Star teammate Xavier leFlamant flies down the right side of the boards, blowing past the defender. He slides a perfect pass to Ken Fury who fires a one-timer past the sprawling goalie! The fans go crazy and Ken Fury hoists the cup in a moment of absolute glory!

The Reapers are the team that can make that scene a reality. Most other teams aren’t contenders. We are. Join us.

To join, quote this and say “I want to be a Reaper!”

748uAQrgQuuK64GjWgEw6o7jkiX85nZ7oq7IpU6Ic6zVG9IvEMwmcIyKFLO8JlckngJ4bV5Mq_vQQpCh5MXC3o8i-9NGMBtM3V1nXdZVnBcE_aSL215rsQvyGAqf3iz6zc2qHg9i

Hey @KenFury

First off, welcome to the league! I wanted to take a couple seconds and reach out as we think your player. would be a good fit to our team! Please note, other GMs may also offer, so feel free to take as much time as you would like before making a decision. 

Join the Aces! 

EEse1n5lndX89_OxXJT3r_0v6o_LzC8TRD41u-r7S7csCNgG6v4suts0Ja9EYfYIoVUZHm_6Uw8jMCeY7m98CpcAv2vxEDCWA5WA17P6ayY_9Y0X11UGu99dFvlVAq-kNv2eGhp3

We are going for it all this year. We had 7 picks in the first three rounds of the draft, so we absolutely want to win and want to win now. We have a couple year window to win a Cup. We have not won the Cup since Season 64, and that is too long for me. I would love to help you build the player you want to make. That's the type of GM in which I will be. I want you to be the player you want to be while I fit you into our system. I am always there to help with builds or any questions you may have on the league. 

Are you wondering where you would slot in? You would be a second line defenseman meaning you'd be able to really benefit off having some PK time being that you are a Stay-at-home defenseman. As you heard last night on the podcast, we have a lot of people in the locker room with a ton of knowledge that we would love to share to help you build Ken. Don't worry, you won't take too many penalties here! 

So, how about we make Vegas your home and make VHL GMs want you to be part of their team? I know you will receive a few offers, so I wish you the best if you do not choose to take your talents to Vegas (though I hope you do!). 

Just quote this offer and say "I want to get Lucky" if you want to join the Aces!

Hey @KenFury

I'm the GM of the San Diego Marlins and I am happy to extend an offer to you to come join us, as we'd love to fill up our roster and really amp up our abilities to compete. We had a good draft, I was happy with our selections and we also have returning players from last season who will help lead the charge. Right now, I can offer you 2nd line minutes, but I am always a fair GM, if you improve, if you show consistency, there is always greater opportunities here in San Diego. 

If you'd like to accept, quote this offer and say "accepted", however you do have to wait 12 hours to sign the offer, to give all GM's a shot at offering on you. Can't wait to hear back :)

Welcome @klogfan17!

We here on the Yukon Rush would love to offer you a contract to join our contending team. You’ll be starting off with 3rd pairing minutes but could very easily move up the line up if you’re active. We will be contending this season for a chance to win a championship and think you could be a key piece in helping us achieve that. 

There is a 12-hour window before an offer can be accepted, so please take your time, consider all offers, and pick the team that’s best for you.

If you decide that team is the Rush then quite this offer and comment “accept” and we will get you on the roster!

Goodluck!

Ricer13

Yukon AGM

PSX_20200214_222322.jpg.d1dc75643c00856807fa3db817859e1a.jpg

Welcome in the VHL!

I'm McWolf, GM of the Saskatoon Wild. I'm reaching out to see if you'd consider joining our franchise for the next season.

Saskatoon last won the Founder's Cup in S69 (2 seasons ago) and they are still feeling the repercussions of being heavy buyers in the past to make this happen. Realistically, I don't think we can be prime competitors this season. We don't have the firepower that other teams like Minnesota, Yukon and Las Vegas have, but I do believe we have what it takes to finish in the 4-6 range and maybe go on a Cinderella run come playoffs time, but we do have to get better in some areas to reach this level.

And this is where you come in. Saskatoon currently has 2 active/semi-active defensemen, which would set you up for a second pairing spot from Day 1, with a possibility of moving up to the 1st pairing in the near future if you are active. Our team is young and built for the future: if you join us, you'd be one of many players starting next season on the lower side in terms of TPE, which means you'd all be developping together as the season goes and possibly be a part of an exciting upset come playoffs time.

-

Things to consider before picking a team:

- There is a 12-hour buffer time between the opening of the waiver period and the time when you get to actually sign the contract - which you'll be able to do at midnight EST. This gives 12 hours to the league's 11 teams to speak to you. Take your time before making your decision.

- Every team is only allowed to offer you the same VHLM typical contract: 1 season for 1.5mil. At the end of this season, you will be eligible to drafted in both the VHLM and the VHL. This means you'll have to decide which team you wish to join based on how the GMs presents their teams and how well you think you'd fit in their plan.

- Season is scheduled to start on the 25th, which gives you about a week if you want to get a feel of things before choosing a team. You won't be penalized at all.

-

Let me know what you think about my offer, and feel free to ask me questions about myself, my team or the league.

With that being said, I wanna wish you good luck - you have a big decision to make in the near future.

McWolf

Hello @KenFury! Welcome to the league. As I’m sure you have read in the others team offers there is currently a 12 hour window for you to look over other teams offers before accepting one. Please mull them over and choose which is best for you.

70B9FC8C-2429-4E89-9F7A-EF6F462F011C.thumb.jpeg.b4d5433bc0e73fe9141b54cc49573969.jpeg

Edited by JeffD

After a bunch of really good pitches.  I'm most interested in helping Sonnet reclaim the throne that he once held with the Houston Bulls.  I would like to thank Vegas for the piles of cocaine, as well as a bunch of "family advisers" that attempted to persuade me to join another team.  Plus I do love a good podcast, and if Houston traffic is good for anything it's sitting going nowhere for extended periods of time.  I'm also very driven to keep Robots from talking our jerbs and will strive to keep the league 100% meat Popsicle going forward.

Edited by KenFury

1 minute ago, KenFury said:

After a bunch of really good pitches.  I'm most interested in helping Sonnet reclaim the throne that he once held with the Houston Bulls.  I would like to thank Vegas for the piles of cocaine, as well as a bunch of "family advisers" that attempted to persuade me to join another team.  Plus I do love a good podcast, and if Houston traffic is good for anything it's sitting going nowhere for extended periods of time.  I'm also very driven to keep Robots from talking our jerbs and will strive to keep the league 100% meat Popsicle going forward.

what

4 minutes ago, McWolf said:

what

All good lies are based on reality. 

Vegas has a nice pitch, so I thought of Vegas and my player would be enticed by all the drugs and women.

Another team had a nice pitch and they were from the same home town as me IRL.  Therefore it got changed to shady "Family Advisers" trying to pressure my player.

Houston has the most empty sport occupied by bots, and my player is MVGA (make VHL Great again) and hates robots coming to take our (Human) Jobs

Lastly I needed to think of something my player would like to do but yet would still throw shade to Houston.  Hence the traffic/Podcast part.  For me this is half game, half late night drunken LARP.  My Player plans to be interesting...