S39 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Kyle

• Commissioner

There are question marks surrounding Miller based on the history. Yeah he's uber active now, but Beketov, you do get bored easy and we're in the summer, does the activity change once school starts up again?

With a class this talented, I think GM's should really do their homework in order to not get burned.

You realize I graduated University in May 2013 right? School is not of concern for me.

Besides, for the first time in a long time the VHL is my only sim league. I'm doing welfare (if that) in the USFL but that's about it. Balancing work and the VHL is no problem.

Besides, I was active with Chekhov the entire length of his career save a few random weeks. I don't think a few bad apples in my past players should spoil anything.

Also to Sharpes, credit Chekhov isn't the greatest reflection of a member because there was no market in this league. The market dictated what he could do with him as Cologne couldn't even sell him off.

• Commissioner

Miller won't go first overall and after that who knows 

Thank you Greg, everyone has made that fact pretty clear.

Here's the thing, I really don't care if I go first. I've never put myself on some kind of un-touchable pedestal and stated no one deserves 1st overall more than me. I've just defended myself when everyone has chosen to point out how completely undeserving of basically anything I am on account of, I guess, players I had during the busiest  two years of university.

- Sharpe was active despite being banned for an entire season.

- Beketov is in the HoF, kinda don't need to say more.

- Young was active his entire career, including an entire season on the bears bench.

- Kristensen was a load of donkey nuts, I'll give you that.

- White was on and off. I had some pretty shit seasons but I also had some perfectly valid ones.

- Chekhov was active his entire career. It just happened to be slightly short (although still 6 seasons) because of a complete lack of goalie market.

So, if we're keeping score, save a few weeks here and there (which everyone has) I've been perfectly active of 2/6 players. I'd say with the amount of players I've had that's a pretty decent track record.

That got a lot more ranty than I intended and I apologize. Just trying to make a point though.

Edited by Beketov

• Senior Admin

Past is the past and Miller has been great thus far, I think that'll continue. He was great for the 2 days that he was on Oslo after I took over  :lol:

Why isn't Koji having a good time :(

The order until all these trades happen

1. :hel: Helsinki (QUE) -  
2. :cal: Calgary -  
3. :hel: Helsinki - 
4. :col: Cologne - 
5. :hel: Helsinki (SEA) - 
6. :vas: Vasteras -  
7. :col: Cologne (RIG) - 
8. :nya: New York -  
9. :hel: Helsinki (TOR) - 
10. :hel: Helsinki (DAV) - 

• Commissioner

Cologne gets Miller, the true #1. They can't complain about not winning the lottery anymore.

Seems to be the way it's looking is my guess. First time ever the top TPE earner drops out of the top 3? Course we don't know anything yet.