Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

1. The VHLM season is set to start in just under a week. What are your expectations of yourself and your team going into the season?

I am expecting a new best points total, a positive +/- stat and reaching the playoffs.

2. Where do you think Miami will place in the standings by the end of the season?

Our start to the season has been great so far, so I'm expecting a top 2 standing in the conference.

3. The WJC has wrapped up it's round robin and is off to the medal round. Who do you think gets gold this season between Europe and Canada?

I was rooting for Europe and they got it

4. Who is your second favourite NHL player?

Sebastian Aho

5. If you could play for any NHL team, which would it be and why?

Probably Florida because of the weather

6. I've been asked by the arena managers to conduct a survey on player's thoughts on the arena. What is one addition to the Marauders arena that you would like to see added and why?

We need a sauna in the locker room!

Royski 

• Royski
  • Members
  • Member.png.f188113d4f0b03f7803b0a8bfcc8a
    • Discord:Royski
    • Player:
      THE MIGHTY ICE WIZARD
    • Link:
    • Pronouns:He/Him
    • NHL Team:
      Calgary Flames

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Get ready for some questions to earn YOUR 2 CAPPED TPE FOR THE WEEK ENDING JUNE 2ND!

1. The VHLM season is set to start in just under a week. What are your expectations of yourself and your team going into the season?

I am really looking forward to being able to finally play for Miami. I just hope that I can do well on the team and have lots of fun.

2. Where do you think Miami will place in the standings by the end of the season?

Miami will be first in the standings. If you believe, you can achieve!

3. The WJC has wrapped up it's round robin and is off to the medal round. Who do you think gets gold this season between Europe and Canada?

I haven't been paying any attention to the WJC but everyone knows Europe is just better in general.

This is a very tough question. My first would be an easy answer. I'm not sure I can come up with an answer for this one. As my AGM, you should already know the answer Royski.

I would play for the Atlanta Thrashers because they are the best NHL team ever.

6. I've been asked by the arena managers to conduct a survey on player's thoughts on the arena. What is one addition to the Marauders arena that you would like to see added and why?

I think we should get a branch of Shindogs like they have in Vegas and in Halifax. I like hotdogs.

Thank you for your time. See you next week! :mia:

Quinn Hughes. It constantly changes but right now JT Miller is number 1.

It would have to be the Vancouver Canucks. My fave team, beautiful season, insane fans, electric playoff atmosphere.

id like to see a massive pirate ship lowered down on to the ice before the game for the players to enter the ice through. 

Posted (edited)

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Here is YOUR 2 CAPPED TPE FOR THE WEEK ENDING JUNE 9TH!

1. We are currently 14 games into quite the season for the Marauders! Looking at the VHLM, what is the biggest surprise that you've seen come from the start of this season so far?

2. Who has been your favourite team to play against?

3. What do you think will be the biggest challenge that Miami will face?

4. Do you think you would make a good pirate? Why or why not?

5. The matchup for the Stanley Cup Finals is set! Between the Panthers and the Oilers, who do you have to win the cup? Or, who do you NOT want to win and why?

6. Would you rather have to eat every food with relish or hollandaise sauce?

Also, I've passed a notion to the board of Miami for the addition of a Sauna, a giant pirate ship for team entrances, as well as opened a bid for a hotdog chain to join the arena food court!

u9RlD4o.png

Edited by Royski
fix

1 hour ago, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

1. We are currently 14 games into quite the season for the Marauders! Looking at the VHLM, what is the biggest surprise that you've seen come from the start of this season so far?

5. The matchup for the Stanley Cup Finals is set! Between the Panthers and the Oilers, who do you have to win the cup? Or, who do you NOT want to win and why?

Also, I've passed a notion to the board of Miami for the addition of a Sauna, a giant pirate ship for team entrances, as well as opened a bid for a hotdog chain to join the arena food court!

u9RlD4o.png

1. I am honestly surprised at how well Tim Robinson has played, was not expecting him to be scoring so much

2. Wouldn't say I have a favorite, but going against Houston a bunch this year and having a record of 3-2-1 against them has caused a slight rivalry with them I think. I'd say it's the most interesting team we've gone against because we had so many games against them early in the season

3. The playoffs!

4. Probably not, the food would be not the greatest on a ship and I'm not enough of an alcoholic to get drunk enough to make the food taste good! Plus I can't even tie a sailors knot!

5. I don't really have a preference, but I think Florida will win. It might be a pretty close series tho, I could see it goin to 7

6. Hollandaise maybe? I don't really like relish, but I had hollandaise just a couple days ago 😆 

1. The biggest surprise to me so far is San Diego I for sure thought they were going to be a top 2 team and right now that's not the case at all meanwhile Mexico City and Halifax have come out the gate strong and have done better than I expected.

2. Houston but that's probably cause half of the games we have played so far have been against them.

3. definitely the playoffs

4. No I'd probably mess something up and cause the ship to run aground or sink.

5. I want a Canadian team to finally lift the cup again so I'm cheering for Edmonton unfortunately.

6. Relish by default since I've never had Hollandaise.

My biggest surprise so far has been the fact that we can't seem to beat Mississauga 😄

Again, Mississauga, because it was my first team

To keep this progression going. Last years worse team and now a playoff/championship contender. Hopefully Miami can play well also in the future years and not drop back down.

I would probably suck. I get sea sick.

Rooting for Panthers. Would be a historic Stanley Cup win for a Finnish captain. Also Lundell is my hometown teams own boy!

To be honest - I don't think I've ever had either of them. But let's say hollandaise.

On 6/4/2024 at 8:41 PM, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

HALIFAX. Because they are currently the best. Who doesn't want to beat the best? Also @LucyXpher is awesome. 

YARGH MATEY! I SPENT MANY-A DAY ON THE OPEN SEAS, PILLAGING THE SPICE SHIPS RETURNING FROM THE NEW WORLD

u9RlD4o.png

It's going to be an amazing series. It's really a coin flip. Maurice has gotten so much out of that Panthers team. On the other hand, Oilers have the two best players on the planet currently. McFilthy is absolutely David or something like that. 

Skinner has also stepped up and given the offensive talent of the Oilers, if he's playing well, they will be pretty much unbeatably.

On the other hand, he's known to be a bit shaky. But you know who is rock solid? Bobrovsky. So there's another angle.

Too much to say on this. I'll talk more on my next podcast about it haha.

Royski

• Royski
  • Members
    • Player:
      THE MIGHTY ICE WIZARD
    • Link:
    • NHL Team:
      Calgary Flames

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Biggest surprise is how well I am playing. I expected to be great and I am even greater than great.

Las Vegas because they are kind enough not to score on me too much.

Once the new safety rules come in, we may struggle to play well without our skates.

No I hate the Pirates. I would never be a Pirate.

Oilers for the win. I want Evander Kane to get his name on the cup. GO THRASHERS!

I don't think I've ever eaten any food with either of those two things. I'd probably just starve.

u9RlD4o.png

Edited Wednesday at 01:42 AM by Royski
fix

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 16th!!!!!!!

Now onto da questions :wOOt:

1. As of writing this (June 12th), the Marauders are 3rd in the standings. 6 points behind Mexico, and 8 points behind Halifax! What are your thoughts on Miami's chances of Miami clinching 1st in the standings and bringing home a president's cup?

2. What do you think either yourself or Miami can do to improve thus far?

3. What do you think the goal song for Miami should be this season?

4. If you could spend the day with any NHL player, who would it be?

5. If you could change or remove one rule from the NHL, which would it be and why?

6. If you could change one thing about the VHL, what would it be?

u9RlD4o.png

1 hour ago, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 16th!!!!!!!

1. As of writing this (June 12th), the Marauders are 3rd in the standings. 6 points behind Mexico, and 8 points behind Halifax! What are your thoughts on Miami's chances of Miami clinching 1st in the standings and bringing home a president's cup?

5. If you could change or remove one rule from the NHL, which would it be and why?

u9RlD4o.png

1. Still a lot of games left to sim and we play both teams quite a bit more! I think we have a shot!

2. Tim Robinson had a great start, but has now started to fizzle. The rest of the team is playing great however so I'm pretty happy! Most of the time the team explodes for offense and doesn't normally allow too many goals. I'd say if it ain't broke... don't fix it

3. Pirates of the Caribbean theme song

4.  That is tough. I think I would pick Yzerman for a former player I'd like to talk with, I wanna know more about the Yzerplan for the Red Wings 🤣

5. 5 minute major for fighting. I'd reduce it to a 2 minute penalty that causes 4 on 4

6. I would merge the VHLE and VHLM and raise the TPE cap of the M

1. We definitely have a shot at it but we would need to be in our best form to do it.

2. I'd say we are doing pretty good just need to not drop points to inferior teams like earlier in the season and maybe Mathiesen could provide a bit more defensively. 

3. something by Miami legend Pitbull probably Fireball.

4. Andrew Ladd used to love him when I was younger, even had #16 when I played and everything.

5. extend overtime to 10 minutes, fewer shootouts and therefore more actual hockey.

6. Increase the career length to 10 seasons.

Royski

• Royski
  • Members
    • Player:
      THE MIGHTY ICE WIZARD
    • Link:
    • NHL Team:
      Calgary Flames

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 16th!!!!!!!

Miami can definitely do this. There is always a chance.

The rest of the team need to start passing to me and Spider more. They barely ever pass to us.

No goal song, just silence. A really long silence.

I have no idea. I'd like a random one so I don't have to pick.

Stopping the clock. Just go fast.

Fire the VHLM commissioners and hire Dyl.

u9RlD4o.png

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 23rd!!!!!!!

1. What do you think is the most important factor of a game when playing hockey?

2. What do you think would be the most useful piece of hockey equipment to be stranded on an island with?

3. Do you have any favourite quotes?

4. What do you think is the most fun thing to do in the VHL?

5. What is your favourite hobby currently?

6. Do you have any Celebrity Doppelgangers? 

u9RlD4o.png

5 minutes ago, Royski said:

What do you think is the most important factor of a game when playing hockey?

2. What do you think would be the most useful piece of hockey equipment to be stranded on an island with?

3. Do you have any favourite quotes?

4. What do you think is the most fun thing to do in the VHL?

5. What is your favourite hobby currently?

6. Do you have any Celebrity Doppelgangers? 

crashing your pc

1. Defense-  Defense wins games

2. probably a stick.  

3. Probably Teddy Roosevelt's The Man in the Arena

4. Prob experience draft

5. Reading, working out 

6. Id like to say Brad Pitt or someone cool but pretty much anyone with shaved head

1. positioning and timing it's all about being in the right place at the right time.

2. Skates I feel the blades on them could be of some use.

3. "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" - W.E Hickson.

4. I find the streams a ton of fun, especially the draft ones.

5. jogging and listening to music.

6.  probably not but I'm still gonna say a young Owen Wilson.

On 6/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, dylanjj37 said:

Royski

• Royski
  • Members
    • Player:
      THE MIGHTY ICE WIZARD
    • Link:
    • NHL Team:
      Calgary Flames

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 16th!!!!!!!

Miami can definitely do this. There is always a chance.

The rest of the team need to start passing to me and Spider more. They barely ever pass to us.

No goal song, just silence. A really long silence.

I have no idea. I'd like a random one so I don't have to pick.

Stopping the clock. Just go fast.

Fire the VHLM commissioners and hire Dyl.

u9RlD4o.png

1. I think adding my player is going to help Miami chances to gain ground on those teams. 

2. i think defense. and adding my player as dman is going to be huge. 

3. The pens goal song, party hard

4. Jaromir Jagr

5. MMA fights instead of the old fashioned fist fights
6. More than a 9 year career

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 30th!!!!

1. If you could change the branding of one VHL/E/M team, which team and what would you change about it?

2. Where do you think Miami's game struggles the most?

3. We have just moved our backup goalie Spider Panda @Ricer13 to our rival this season, Halifax. How do you feel about this deal?

4. Who has impressed you the most this season?

5. If you could perfect one skill, what would it be?

6. The cannons on the arena ship have been deemed as a... "hazard". Do you have any solutions to remedy this?

u9RlD4o.png

1. San Diego I think the logo would look better with darker colours like dark blue and black/grey.

2. closing out games in regulation we've had too many games go to OT that we could have won.

3. he's a traitor plain and simple, we'll destroy him just like the rest of them when we meet in the playoffs.

4. Robinson and Pines Jr both playing better than I expected and both are big reasons why we are doing so well I believe.

5. Cooking 100% 

6. Nope I personally think the cannons are just fine, they make us look tough.

On 6/25/2024 at 12:51 PM, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending June 30th!!!!

1. If you could change the branding of one VHL/E/M team, which team and what would you change about it?

2. Where do you think Miami's game struggles the most?

3. We have just moved our backup goalie Spider Panda @Ricer13 to our rival this season, Halifax. How do you feel about this deal?

4. Who has impressed you the most this season?

5. If you could perfect one skill, what would it be?

6. The cannons on the arena ship have been deemed as a... "hazard". Do you have any solutions to remedy this?

u9RlD4o.png

1. I think the San Diego Marlins or the Saskatoon Wild need a new logo. I've never been too much of a fan of those logos

2. I have not been able to look into the stats too much lately, but I'm gonna say we need even more goals!

3. I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX I'll fight him

4. That Tim Robinson guy has looked pretty good! He must be a good guy!

5. Golf, then I could go pro and have the easy life 🤣

6. Honestly, I don't think they're dangerous enough!

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

Welcome to your presser for the week ending July 7th!!!!!

Happy Canada day as well :can::dance:

1. Miami is on a 4 game point streak! How long do you think we can keep this up?

2. With 5 games left in the season, where do you think we will end in terms of standings?

3. What team do you hope to meet in the first round of the playoffs?

4. There have been several rumours circulating the league that claim Jeffrey Pines Jr. is taking illegal PED's in light of his recent performance. How do you feel about these allegations?

5. Do you have any preparations you are making for when the post-season comes around?

6. After an incredibly in depth survey, we've decided to add MORE cannons to the Marauders arena ship; despite the protests of the city council. How do you feel about these changes?

u9RlD4o.png

7 minutes ago, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

1. Miami is on a 4 game point streak! How long do you think we can keep this up?

2. With 5 games left in the season, where do you think we will end in terms of standings?

4. There have been several rumours circulating the league that claim Jeffrey Pines Jr. is taking illegal PED's in light of his recent performance. How do you feel about these allegations?

5. Do you have any preparations you are making for when the post-season comes around?

6. After an incredibly in depth survey, we've decided to add MORE cannons to the Marauders arena ship; despite the protests of the city council. How do you feel about these changes?

u9RlD4o.png

1. The streak is going to last the rest of the season. 
2. 1st, no one is going to beat us. 
3. doesnt matter, we are winning
4. I think he is a cheater and should get a lifetime ban. Unless he is on our team because i dont know all of my teammates yet.
5. dont shave and grow the beard out. drink more beer. 
6. fire those cannons. 

1. Till the end of the playoffs simple.

2. 2nd is all we can get now unfortunately but that's where we shall sit until the end of the regular season.

3. anyone but sasky they have some curse on us or something. 

4. no comment at this moment in time.

5. verbally and physically abuse the opposition until they can't play anymore.

6. not enough cannons in my opinion we need MORE!

1 hour ago, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD AFTERNOON MIAMI!!!

u9RlD4o.png

1. Til the end of the season

2. 2nd overall is what its lookin like

3. Preferably a team that we will beat

4. Whatever helps us win games! If our goalie has to take something to make em better so be it!

5. Nope, just gonna do what I've been doin

6. Tim Robinson Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Love the changes! Maybe we could start adding canons just hanging around the stadium on rusty chains too! That would look so cool 

• 4 weeks later...

Miami Marauders Presser week ending July 28th 2025

1. We have a lot of Marauders moving up to the VHLE this season and few entering the VHLM draft. If you were to be redrafted or are being drafted for the first time, what is your dream team to be drafted too?

2. The Saskatoon Wild went back to back winning the Founders Cup, what do you think their recipe for success was?

3. Miami has one player rostered for next season but a handful of picks. Do you think they can be a playoff team next season?

4. What is one idea you have that could contribute to a player having a better experience in the VHLM?

5. The MLB season is about the only major sport on TV right now, do you root for any teams? If so, who? If not, why not?

6. Tell me a bit about yourself, do you work or go to school? What’s your profession? High school or college?