Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

Press conference for week ending oct 18 2020.

1. The Marauders are knocking on the door of a playoff spot. Can we take that last spot and secure our position in the playoffs?

2. Which new additions in Miami show the most promise for a bright future in the VHL?

3. If you could recreate your player what position would you choose?

4. Miami had a pretty bad ass team

name being the “Marauders”, if you could rebrand the franchise what would you change the name too?

Get to know ya questions

5. What is the most boring sport to watch and why?

6. Are you a dog or cat person? Do you have any pets?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

1. The Marauders are knocking on the door of a playoff spot. Can we take that last spot and secure our position in the playoffs?

2. Which new additions in Miami show the most promise for a bright future in the VHL?

name being the “Marauders”, if you could rebrand the franchise what would you change the name too?

Get to know ya questions

1. Yep we took for like a day so we can do it again.

2. Addison McLaren

3. Center probably

4. The Miami Sperm Whales

5. Golf, it's very quiet and there's not much happening most of the time.

6.Dog, I have one dog.

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1) We definitely can! We've been playing great as a team lately and a lot of the new acquisitions are putting in the effort and contributing. I think we're a team on the rise down the stretch!

2) We've brought in so many players over the last couple weeks that I'm sure to forget someone, but I think obviously Cabe McJake, and I have been impressed with the work put in by Vivek Weiner and Martin Master. And I think Nik DAndrea has been around the locker room a lot too. Obviously I believe that I have what it takes to be a great player at the VHL level too. So all around just a great group of guys we've brought in, I think, but McJake is definitely a guy setting himself apart so far.

3) I'd probably play a gritty shut-down defenseman.

4)  It is a great team name and I wouldn't want to rebrand the team. I'm also not super creative when it comes to coming up with these things. I know there's a fair bit of rain/thunderstorms in Florida, so maybe something playing off of that.

5) Basketball's not really my thing. So many points are scored that it just doesn't feel like it matters until the last few minutes, and then they take so many timeouts that the last few minutes takes half an hour to actually play... In the NBA in particular, there are only a handful of teams contending every year and you can pretty much pick them out every time. I can see why people find it entertaining, though, it's just not for me.

6) I don't know quite how to answer it as I love them both, but I've been scared of dogs since pretty early on in life... I've been starting to get over it lately though. Both super cute. I don't have any pets myself right now.

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. Yep, Every Philly franchise is overrated, shouldn't be hard to pass them.

2. me.

3. I'd make 7'10" goalie .

4. The Miami Florida Mans.

5.Cricket, if u ever watch its just a cluster fuck of people running around like headless chickens for hours. it's not even boring its just weird.

6.I have a dog so I guess a dog person.

23 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. I think we can, we were on a great win streak but the past couple days have been a bit tougher. We’ll get back on track
  2. Just overall the new people we’ve brought in give us a lot of depth for the future 
  3. Defense, it’s the biggest team need right now
  4. I wouldn’t change the name, the name is sick 
  5. Soccer, the sport is 90% passing back and forth. I do like fifa tho because it’s faster paced than the actual game 
  6. Dog person definitely, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats

On 10/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. If we all keep working together to earn the most TPE i think we will have a chance!

2. They all show promise for a bright future.

3. I would probably choose defense again.

4. I think the Marauders is a good name so i would not change it.

5. Golf is the most boring sport to watch.

6. I used to have a dog and i am more of a dog person but also like cats a lot. 

Absolutely.

I have a good feeling about Joe Savage.

A left handed right defenseman

The Miami Phoenix maybe?

Get to know ya questions

Professional darts because there's no excitement and it's repetitive.

Dog person for sure. No dogs at the moment.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1) We will need some big sims, but i think if the players stay active, we will do it.

2) I think that our goalie Rasputin is going to be one of the great ones.

3) I dont really want to do goalie, otherweise i dont know.

4) I would keep it the same, it sounds kinda cool?.

5) I would say its baseball. I know that some Americans will try to kill me, but its just boring. There are so big pauses between the plays and basically i dont see any drama in the game.

6) Definitely a dig person, i would love to have one but now i dont have any pet

On 10/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1)we have a great team So I feel that it's possible 

2)honestly? All of them, can't wait to face them in the bigs

3)dunno,center or Goalie sounds good 

4) just for the lulz I would name them the coconut crackers

5)it must be rowing, even the name sounds like a punishment 

6) a dog will never leave you, but nah I just take care of every dog I find

1. The Marauders are knocking on the door of a playoff spot. Can we take that last spot and secure our position in the playoffs? absofuckinglutely

2. Which new additions in Miami show the most promise for a bright future in the VHL? all of the additions, including me

3. If you could recreate your player what position would you choose? goaltender. its my favorite

name being the “Marauders”, if you could rebrand the franchise what would you change the name too? Musketeers

Get to know ya questions

5. What is the most boring sport to watch and why?  tennis. annoying chicks moaning when they jump

6. Are you a dog or cat person? Do you have any pets? dog person. i have 2

Get to know ya questions

1. I think if we keep beating higher ranked teams, we can for sure do it

2. I think Addison McLaren and Cabe McJake are getting TPE insanely fast, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have careers in the VHL

3. It would be neat to be a goalie. I know the earner many spots, but it’s a unique position

4. Honestly, I wouldn’t change it. It’s so perfect

5. Baseball because three quarters of the time they’re standing there doing nothing

6. I have a dog, and for sure am a dog person

On 10/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. Yes I believe we can! With the new additions to the team and our play these last few weeks; I definitely see us finishing a playoff team. 

2. Addison McLaren and yours truly.

3. probably goalie. Always been my second favourite position to play.

4. Miami burgers from Tina.... all seriousness Miami Marauders speaks for itself. 

5. I’d have to say curling. Although fun to play it drags on tv... well now that you mention it. Golf, soccer, baseball etc. I need that fast paced game especially when watching. 

6. trick question;  Answer raccoon.

1. The Marauders are knocking on the door of a playoff spot. Can we take that last spot and secure our position in the playoffs? - yessir 

2. Which new additions in Miami show the most promise for a bright future in the VHL? - JL Gunnar and HH Jr

3. If you could recreate your player what position would you choose? - well I just did so defensemen

name being the “Marauders”, if you could rebrand the franchise what would you change the name too? - Vice City Vikings

Get to know ya questions

5. What is the most boring sport to watch and why? - baseball, if you’ve watched baseball on tv you’d understand, but it’s a different atmosphere irl.

6. Are you a dog or cat person? Do you have any pets? - cat person, no longer had pets used to.

Press conference week ending Oct 25 2020

1. Miami is in a tight race with Philly for that last spot. Both teams have a fairly tough schedule. Who has the better shot of pulling it off?

2. Which team do you think will win the title this season?

3. What is more important to you, personal stats or team success? Why?

4. If Miami misses out on the playoffs will this season have been a failure? 

5. A lot of you players are waiver players so after this season is over you will be released from Miami and then drafted by a VHLM team. Which team would you like to be drafted by? If you already are a drafted player by Miami which other team would you like to play for?

6. Favourite pizza? (Toppings, sauce, etc.)

1. Miami is in a tight race with Philly for that last spot. Both teams have a fairly tough schedule. Who has the better shot of pulling it off?

5. A lot of you players are waiver players so after this season is over you will be released from Miami and then drafted by a VHLM team. Which team would you like to be drafted by? If you already are a drafted player by Miami which other team would you like to play for?

1.both of us will. Mexico will fall to 9th.

2.Missisuuga upset win 

3.team success, it's what makes this fun. 

4.personnaly yes

5.i would love to be drafted by miami and play here again, really no other team i want to go to.

6.Canadian(the one with like bacon and stuff).

1. I think our recent additions should push us past them. I have high hopes

2. The Halifax 21st are a dream team. Maybe the Aces have a chance, but the 21st are loaded with talent

3. Team success. Always. I really don’t care about my stats, as long as the teams winning, I’m happy

4. Not in the slightest. I for one will be back next year, so development is key for a lot of guys.

5. I would love to come back to Miami. It’s a great town and the locker room is awesome. Other than that, I have a friend on Vegas, so maybe

6. I’m vegetarian, so cheese and tomato sauce is the default. Most veggies ruin pizza

55 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1) We got this. We've been playing great the last little while.

2) I have to think Halifax is the favourite right now, they are loaded.

3) Definitely team success. You play to win and in a team sport, personal success doesn't mean anything if it's not contributing to your team winning.

4) It'll be a disappointment for sure. But a failure, I dunno, it's a tad harsh. I don't think expectations were super high for this team but we've picked up a bunch of good players as the season has gone on. For me it's been a great experience, I've learned a lot and played with a great group. The run we've gone on has generated some excitement and it's been fun to be a part of.

5) I'll be sad about leaving Miami. Maybe it will somehow work out that I can stay here but if not, a team well set-up to go on a deep playoff run would be nice, maybe like a San Diego or Mexico that have a lot of picks. Even better if a few teammates from this group are there.

6) Pepperoni, bacon, cheddar cheese... also stuffed crust is nice.

6 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1.Us we have a game in hand which I think will push us through.

2.Halifax probably

3.team success

4.no completely, to get this close was an accomplishment

5.I would love to come back to miami

6.Hawaiian, sue me

21 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. I think if we keep working hard, we will pull it off to take the last spot.

2. I think Halifax will win the title this season.

3. Team success is key to improving personal stats, so in my opinion you need team success to succeed personally.

4. No, i think we worked hard as a team to get as far as we did, and individually improving with every game.

5. I want to be drafted to Warsaw because my friend is on that team

6. Hawaiian pizza is my favorite, pineapple, ham, bacon, with regular sauce, cheese and crust.

22 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

I'm going to go with Miami

Hard to not say Halifax here, but whatever. Yukon Rush if Miami doesn't win

Team success because personal stats lose a lot of meaning without success.

I mean, I'd feel kind of responsible as a below average C brought in to be a top line forward. I think the season was exciting regardless of what happens, so I guess it wouldn't be a total loss.

If I had to play for a new team, I'd say the Mississauga Hounds

Spicy peppers and meat. Usually jalapenos and bacon/ham

On 10/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, Ricer13 said:

I dont want to jinx are team but i know believe we can do it

Halifax unless we upset evry team but halifax will win

Team Success cuz Hockey is a team sport one player cant beat a whole team and better the team is the more games we win

No

Marlins but i want stay here in maimi

Pepproni pizza

On 10/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, Ricer13 said:

1. Miami. More heart 

2. Yukon

3. team success. Personal is just a bonus. Never a better feeling then winning and winning with your brothers by your side night in and night out.

4. In a vacuum maybe but I believe the experience gained by the younger players in this playoff push will prove dividends! Hopefully helps this team become champions sooner then later.

5.Miami gave me my shot. I would like to repay that and help bring this city a championship. I want to be back here. 
6. chicken bacon ranch. 

On 10/19/2020 at 12:31 AM, Ricer13 said:

1)  I think still us, we have one game less and the morale highground?.

2) I believe in us, theres no way were not going to win it ( otherwise Halifax?)

3) Team on first place. If youre going to win 100 individual trophies but not the Stanley cup, that sucks.

4) I dont think so, like 4 weeks ago, there was so big difference between us and Phillies, but weve managed to close it down.

5) I wanna stay with Miami, it a great comunity here. Otherwise i dont wanna go to big club, i want as kuch ice time as possible.

6) Hawai?

1. Miami is in a tight race with Philly for that last spot. Both teams have a fairly tough schedule. Who has the better shot of pulling it off? I honestly think we got better young guns so i think we got the better shot

2. Which team do you think will win the title this season? Halifax

3. What is more important to you, personal stats or team success? Why? Team Success right now. I am a rookie and i will start next year as goaltender. so for now i want the team to be successful

4. If Miami misses out on the playoffs will this season have been a failure? NO because we had a very good season and every game just means more experience

5. A lot of you players are waiver players so after this season is over you will be released from Miami and then drafted by a VHLM team. Which team would you like to be drafted by? If you already are a drafted player by Miami which other team would you like to play for? Anyone

6. Favourite pizza? (Toppings, sauce, etc.) Meat lovers Pizza/sausage, pepperoni, ham extra cheese

1. Miami is in a tight race with Philly for that last spot. Both teams have a fairly tough schedule. Who has the better shot of pulling it off? Miami but it’s going be close 

2. Which team do you think will win the title this season? Could be any all played their hearts out

3. What is more important to you, personal stats or team success? Why? I think their both really important cause it’s not a one person think it’s a team.

4. If Miami misses out on the playoffs will this season have been a failure? No 

5. A lot of you players are waiver players so after this season is over you will be released from Miami and then drafted by a VHLM team. Which team would you like to be drafted by? If you already are a drafted player by Miami which other team would you like to play for? Played so any different teams this is my best team but I play with settle bears now 

6. Favourite pizza? (Toppings, sauce, etc.) Hawaiian or supreme or deluxe little bit everything on both of those