Claimed:Laichly Rift's Pajodcast Episode 84 - Devise Hits The Breaking Point!

Devise

Content: 3/3 - I erased all this because I'm a noob. Basically, I think I agreed with a bunch of stuff you said at the beginning of the podcast, and I can't remember what else. I agree McQueen may have a chance at MVP, and that there should be some sort of "Unsung Hero" award. I already pretty much decided it was going to be a 5 before you said that Devise. 

The non-VHL stuff is getting really hard to listen to.

Professionalism: 1.25/2 - It started going downhill around 1:20:00, and if I didn't have to grade it, I would have turned it off by 1:40:00. There's being funny, there's being stupid, and then there was this.

Editing: 1/1 - Yup.

Overall: 5.25/6

FINAL: 5/6

An hour and 20 minutes of good content = 5

Kay.

The rest of it was because of the pajodtask really.  Which we are sorta at the mercy of those who send them in and they should never be taken seriously or as professional.

Edited by Advantage

He has a point since lots of 10-15 min podders have gotten 6's

But you gotta know when to cut stuff and if you want to put out a 2 hour podder you will be graded accordingly.

He has a point since lots of 10-15 min podders have gotten 6's

But you gotta know when to cut stuff and if you want to put out a 2 hour podder you will be graded accordingly.

To a degree, I agree.

However, we were docked a near point when we put in 10x the quality content that is required for a 6.  Seems rather ridiculous.  It wasn't three-way bad by any means.

To a degree, I agree.

However, we were docked a near point when we put in 10x the quality content that is required for a 6.  Seems rather ridiculous.  It wasn't three-way bad by any means.

How does that make sense? If i write a media spot with perfect grammar till the last paragraph and spell everything wrong i should still get a six because most of the content was adequate? 

Personally I believe this podcast didn't even deserve the points you got, as it's not the first time a grader brought up the fact it get's stupid too many times.

How does that make sense? If i write a media spot with perfect grammar till the last paragraph and spell everything wrong i should still get a six because most of the content was adequate? 

Personally I believe this podcast didn't even deserve the points you got, as it's not the first time a grader brought up the fact it get's stupid too many times.

We didn't spell everything wrong though (or in this comparison, get silly for the entire time).  We had a few segments that were silly but we had a lot of quality VHL related content.  Pretty well everything up to the pajodtask was perfect..and we regrouped at the end to bring it home.  Geez..compared to some of the other podcasts we've seen before..it just seems harsh.

Oh well..whatever it's over with.  Just dumb that 15 minute podcasts on VHL related stuff get 6's when 90 minutes of VHL related stuff and 30 minutes of stupid stuff gets 5's.

We didn't spell everything wrong though (or in this comparison, get silly for the entire time).  We had a few segments that were silly but we had a lot of quality VHL related content.  Pretty well everything up to the pajodtask was perfect..and we regrouped at the end to bring it home.  Geez..compared to some of the other podcasts we've seen before..it just seems harsh.

Oh well..whatever it's over with.  Just dumb that 15 minute podcasts on VHL related stuff get 6's when 90 minutes of VHL related stuff and 30 minutes of stupid stuff gets 5's.

You can't grade section by section. The fifteen minutes podcasts very rarely go off topic as much as your guys do in the last few, so I believe ore content was had in those 15 minutes podcasts. 

No one likes being docked more than they think they should be. 

That is a valid point, no one is arguing that. However, the culmination of this controversy compared to what is actually being fought over is minuscule.  

You call this fighting and drama? Holy!

Technically this is an argument, ergo it can be labeled a fight.

Edited by Seth

Not really.  I just disagree with the deduction.

Hardly a fight/argument.

How do we differentiate an online disagreement versus an argument?  

I'm fine with the deduction. I was frustrated how far Jericho was beating the joke into the ground and it is why I actually said we should get a five. In the past we have had more tact to know when/how to end jokes, and move along. For most of the history of the Pajodcast I prided myself on being able to walk a good line of talking about the VHL while still being loose enough that it wasn't just rigid scripted stuff. People can be themselves and get off topic slightly so long as it doesn't hurt the quality of the show. We have had a few recently where that has happened.

If your a listener to the show I can ensure you that I don't intend to let this to continue. Jericho, Chris and I have all talked and tons of ideas were pitched/things were discussed to ensure that we get back to the quality we used to have, even as a trio. 

The topic of the deduction is just silly. Pajodtask stuff aside since that was an attempt to be member interactive, there was tons where we were just randomly off topic. There is also the part where you could tell while listening that I was going back and forth between trying to get the show to move along and then getting antagonized. If you notice in the grade Chris, content was not deducted...it was professionalism. Which is an accurate deduction of points. Arguing that we had the content because of all the minutes is irrelevant when content only accounts for three points in a graded podcast and we got all those three points, and rightfully so. 

The topic of the deduction is just silly. Pajodtask stuff aside since that was an attempt to be member interactive, there was tons where we were just randomly off topic. There is also the part where you could tell while listening that I was going back and forth between trying to get the show to move along and then getting antagonized. If you notice in the grade Chris, content was not deducted...it was professionalism. Which is an accurate deduction of points. Arguing that we had the content because of all the minutes is irrelevant when content only accounts for three points in a graded podcast and we got all those three points, and rightfully so. 

If you noticed in my remarks, I was referring to us being professional and on-topic for a lot of the show.

I don't really care at the end of the day (it doesn't effect me) but I just disagreed with it.  It isn't silly..it is my opinion.

NY fighting like the Avengers I say you need to kill someone in order to unify against the common enemy.  Now if this was the Avengers you'd probably have to kill Logan Laich as he is the glue that brings everyone from team to team around the league but also the least important member when it comes to the actual games.  So kill him off and unify against Jamie.